PDA

View Full Version : Elondra, the best AL event so far.

epicrrr
07-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Yep this event precedes everything i have seen on AL so far (apart from expansion thats another story) :) heres my thoughts.

Lock sink - The offering x2 chance to drop the new mythic weapon is neat idea, it provides a good farm for common player and it completely reduces the lock in game, hopefully after the event lock price will start to bloom again, they got to 5-6k because of over saturation and i bet the ratio to lock opener and locks have became so unbalanced.

Bosses difficulty - IDK about any other level but this is much better scaled to our bracket of 12, looking back during the Tarlok event my gawd those bosses are nightmare! 30 mins for the second boss is ridiculous then you face Tarlok the dragon.. might as well jump off the cliff :). Map was good, direct to the point unlike the Goblin which is kinda long for event like this.

Content (armors pet etc) - Tree schema for the event items was good especially the effects, I am glad STS is designing and creating more effects for us to enjoy. Vanities variations were good but I'm not so sure about the 500 token green monarch "ice gown" i think the colors were bad. Regarding Dovabear I've made my peace with that blasted legendary arcane stat pet op passive op ability afterall we all get to have it FOR FREE! or could be true what everyones been saying he might be good on paper but not so in-game. IMO hes beast :)

ClumsyCactus
07-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Energy
Leaderboards
Lock price
I dont know Where you were during tarlok...

utpal
07-03-2014, 03:17 AM
lol. this better then tarlok? LOL.
I can't form party as most of r farming essences. and some has no energy.
I had to pug and pugging hurts :(

and energy system? pffffttt.

Elocks r dropping fast :O

Dovabear is good I like it.

radagan
07-03-2014, 03:21 AM
I love this event! Much bettervthan tarlok :3

SacredKnight
07-03-2014, 03:22 AM
I would firstly like to say, essence drops are too small.
Recipes should be stashable because you don't know when your going to get and essence and on which toon...( depending on ones "luck" )
Also, ELOCKS...their under 50k already and it has only been 1 day+.
Recipe items aren't clear on their "ability" e.g., the Blood Lep and Jack...is it stashable??? Is it trade able???? and how much STR/INT/DEX does it actually add?
I bought the recipe...found out it cost 10 Elondrian Essence and that it only adds 3 str...and I still don't know whether it's stash able because I have the recipe on my rogue toon....so I am wondering whether or not to craft it or not..
Also...chests should be stash able so we can craft more...I mean...their not trade able so it's not like there would be a flux of items..
And...if people say there could be more Mythics....just really think...MORE MYTHICS? OUT OF THE STANDARD CHEST? I challenge anyone who reads this to find someone who actually looted a mythic from a Spirit Chest...really...

Alhuntrazeck
07-03-2014, 09:38 AM
I loved Tarlok way more than this. Guilds worked together, hunting portals, killing bosses together; there was no limitation on time spent, you could just enjoy yourself farming the bosses. Speaking of the bosses, Helena is seriously screwed up. I spent half an hour killing her with 2 l40 party members, one of which was a warrior in trash pinks who removed his weapon, put a lep on and attacked the boss, saying, "lol I'm doing 0 damage"...

The Tarlok gear was also better than this event's gear. Though I've got to say the vanities of this one are better...

What they could've done is as soon as 4 members leave the map through the portal, the map gets locked and no more players can join and exploit the system like what happened during the event. Also, they should have made the portal in the outpost plat-paid, and the only free portals the ones spawned in the maps - giving players an actual reason for running maps.

chitgoks
07-03-2014, 09:52 AM
yeah essence drops too small. ursoth is so hard it is still plat based if you want not to be immobilized

i barely could move againat him, then ,,, i accidentally clicked shazbot. useless crap

keikali
07-03-2014, 09:57 AM
God no. Tarlok is still one of the best events AL has ever offered. Mainly because of the portal system, not like this energy system you see now.

Zylx
07-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Tarlok is certainly the best event, better than Ursoth. Tarlok brought guilds together with "i found a portal! Join me!". It was certainly free to play, and there were no limits on how much you could participate. Prizes were distributed fairly (ie: no leaderboards, top plat players, etc). There was a screenshot contest for the brothers whim which was also available as a crate pet. Everyone had an equal and fair chance to get everything from the event.

Iliketolol
07-03-2014, 10:24 AM
tarlok was beast!

epicrrr
07-03-2014, 11:46 AM
What i liked ursoth was the availability of event items, everyone has a fair chance of getting em from entangle.

Bigboyblue
07-03-2014, 12:15 PM
I wasn't around for Tarlok but I must say this event is leaps and bounds above the Goblin Invasion. It actually offers something for all players to do. LB chasers keep running event map for the ultimate prize. Hardcore farmers finding essences, crafting, making better gold than they can otherwise. Casual players get to run an event, craft and make a bit of money. Really a good event in my opinion. I was a bit concerned at first but I can say that I truly think this is a well balanced event.

Mucsi
07-03-2014, 12:20 PM
tarlok was the best.. still plat players win here... or someone who spending millions for energy kit...

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Energy
Leaderboards
Lock price
Only plat players made money
No tier rewards

I don't know where you were during Tarlok...

matanofx
07-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Yep, i think the idea that mob portals would be made rare but free to enter is sooooooooooo awesome id +1000 it if i could

Energizeric
07-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Yep, i think the idea that mob portals would be made rare but free to enter is sooooooooooo awesome id +1000 it if i could

I say don't make them mob portals, but instead make them appear after killing a boss, and yes keep them somewhat rare.

MrWeasley
07-03-2014, 01:40 PM
I am guessing you weren't a player during the earlier seasons or else you wouldn't be saying that lol, this event is far from the best

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 01:43 PM
I say don't make them mob portals, but instead make them appear after killing a boss, and yes keep them somewhat rare.
Elite only so players can't hold them. Perhaps we let pudgy elite jarl drop them even.

tharidom
07-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Elite only so players can't hold them. Perhaps we let pudgy elite jarl drop them even.

Thats a nice idea everyone has a chance on the leaderboards and everyone has to put effort on finding portals.(everyone in a high lvl).

radagan
07-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Yea I think nowadays events are too much for plat players,like I dont like much about this leaderboard system

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Yea I think nowadays events are too much for plat players,like I dont like much about this leaderboard system
Because granting the best boss every time for 5 plat wasn't an advantage to plat players? Tarlok was not a nonplat event.

Besides that, the money in this event is in the essences, not running portals.

Yes, 30 people will get SnS but they are spending 30+mil to do it. That's why I'm not going for the leaderboard.

Anarchist
07-03-2014, 02:02 PM
I love this event hope things could stay like this forever.

epicrrr
07-03-2014, 03:41 PM

This will be the bomb if it happens, if it does hope they do it for the final week or final 3 days then STS will have enough time to announce then players can attune their gold movement (buying energy and stuff) to its release.

or heck the final day for "data gathering":eagerness:

ClumsyCactus
07-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Only plat players made money
No tier rewards

I don't know where you were during Tarlok...
I got what i wanted from tarlok
There was no tiers, wich, in my opinion, is better than having to get 5 energy for 25 plat/75k to get tiers.
Also, btw, i like ur sig.

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I got what i wanted from tarlok. There were no tiers which, in my opinion, is better than having to get 5 energy for 25 plat or 75k to get to higher tiers.

btw, i like ur sig.
When gear is going to be 5k each, everyone gets what they want gear wise in this event.

The money is in essence farming not the lb. I ran the numbers myself, you need at least 30mil to be competitive in an lb that might win you a 40mil pet. Many people will make 10mil profit from this event though essences. There is no money to be made by buying kits this event.

Furthermore, the tier system encourages both time investment and the use of energy kits. STS has to make money and I would rather be this way than tarlok where you either bought plat or got worthless gear with good stats. You needed plat to farm the best items in Tarlok. There was no work around with gold like we have in the current events.

PS: thank you, I like my Sig as well.

Impact
07-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Tarlok wins but this event is by far 100x better then goblin

Matutd
07-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Tarlok was for people with plat? Are you actually playing this event? I had no plat during tarlok and made a fortune from it.

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Tarlok was for people with plat? Are you actually playing this event? I had no plat during tarlok and made a fortune from it.
I had some plat in Tarlok and made 200k. My investments from Tarlok mad emoney, but the loot itself didn't pan out.

I've made over 1 mil in this event so far.

Matutd
07-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I had some plat in Tarlok and made 200k. My investments from Tarlok mad emoney, but the loot itself didn't pan out.

I've made over 1 mil in this event so far.

and Im guessing that you use plat. Even if not in this event, you must have used it at some point to be able to afford 15k per run

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 04:30 PM
and Im guessing that you use plat. Even if not in this event, you must have used it at some point to be able to afford 15k per run
Never bought plat. All I do is free trials.

Proof: I still have the +50% for first time buyer offer

Wutzgood
07-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I loved tarlok event but there is much more to do in this one. Tarlok was farm portals and that's it. This has essence farming and a lot more things to craft.

I wasn't a big fan of the energy system but it works well with this event because of the essences. Plus they need to limit the amount of mythic weapons during this long event. Well thought out IMO am I'm impressed with it.

Matutd
07-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Well you should be better at playing without it, If you only managed to make 200k in tarlok you arent that great at farming. It's like what? 30 mins to level a character to 10 or 15, then farm with them. Even if you delete it after the event.

tarlok was better by far. I dont even enjoy fighting 2 of the 4 bosses in this event. The tree dude just stuns every 30 seconds and helena is unbearable.

Xeusx
07-03-2014, 05:07 PM
I make 200k-250k in Tarlok event, I make prance eggs, tarlok gears, and etc.
Now, I make 300k+ in this event, and this is 3 weeks event, then I should farm something and sell it.

Kakashis
07-03-2014, 05:32 PM
The only thing about this event that could be changed is to make portal spawns much much rarer, but if you find one, free ticket through and energy not needed.

Picklee
07-03-2014, 06:45 PM
No no, i agree with you totally! This event is cray cray! I like it much more than tarlok... MUCH more!
Bosses are awesome, screw you Helena
I love the vanities accept how they made best for rogue only
I like the new legendaries, they look sick!
The pets.... Sts could not have listened to us more, no plat spending and its like best legendary pet on the market (nightshade, go die in a hole)
Over all this event is sick!

epicrrr
07-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Never bought plat. All I do is free trials.

Proof: I still have the +50% for first time buyer offer

Wow, must. resist. swiping. that. card. haha I've lost my 50% to a measley $5 plat purchase... such pain! :)

The pets.... Sts could not have listened to us more, no plat spending and its like best legendary pet on the market (nightshade, go die in a hole)
Over all this event is sick!

They'll probably release more nightshade, once dova has settled in :chuncky:

and yeah, Tarlok event was way for plat user farm only.. frankly if it wasnt for the portal exploit I wont be seeing many twink tarlok items.

kixkaxx
07-04-2014, 02:23 AM
I got 81 energy essence yesterday, it was more than enough for my runs in Ursoth

Devarogue
07-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Best Event for "Twinks" but srsly Epic, Tarlok the best event -_-

Long live Kronos!

Energizeric
07-09-2014, 11:43 AM
The one real issue I still see in the event system is that players of similar tiers should be grouped together automatically. Because this is an issue, you still cannot run PUGs if you are a higher tier. It would be much more fun if you didn't have to spend a half hour looking for a gold tier party to run with and could instead just join a random game and have a chance to find Ursoth.

Bigboyblue
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
This event is amazing. I have been having a blast. The worst part of the event is actually running the event map lol. Farming has been great, getting to gold tier is quite easy(for free might I add). Lots of gold to be made. Revitalized locks. STS you have done a fantastic job. You can't make everyone happy but I believe an event like this comes very close.

Atten
07-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Energy
Leaderboards
Lock price

Haha, I agree with you :P

Euldor
07-09-2014, 08:37 PM
This event is amazing. I have been having a blast. The worst part of the event is actually running the event map lol. Farming has been great, getting to gold tier is quite easy(for free might I add). Lots of gold to be made. Revitalized locks. STS you have done a fantastic job. You can't make everyone happy but I believe an event like this comes very close.

I agree. Us non mega plat users are getting the better half of this event. Made a few bucks this past few days all thanks to Elo locks. :D
Can't say the same with them LB players.

chitgoks
07-09-2014, 08:44 PM
crates won't go down because so many people have been stocking them

elondria is nice ... except helena hehehe

mapenjay
07-10-2014, 02:55 AM
ursoth is the worst! LB for the event then stg doesnt care who exploited the bug, pathetic real money waster

VenomsChaos
07-10-2014, 07:03 AM
i loved tarlok more... tarlok still best event

epicrrr
07-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Back at Tarlok, its impossible for you to earn anything if you dont have plats. This time at Ursoth, I've earned a lot of gold without spending any plat.

Iliketolol
07-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Back at Tarlok, its impossible for you to earn anything if you dont have plats. This time at Ursoth, I've earned a lot of gold without spending any plat.

-_- i made alot of gold from tarlok by farming on my lvl 10 twink, didn't spent a single plat.

Nelrevete
07-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Cons:
- Bug that allowed to enter the map without energy, as described by the players on the forum
- Very small map
- No possibility of playing with friends, guild( :0 !)
- Helena disruptive takes time and causes the escape of players
Pros:
- Award for tier
- an interesting atmosphere and music, but too similar to the game Crusade of Destiny(Elves City).
-Easy to get the essence
-Ease in getting gold
-Nice vanity.
Is this the best event? Not. For me it's just another step toward the development of a better event.

epicrrr
07-10-2014, 09:19 AM
-_- i made alot of gold from tarlok by farming on my lvl 10 twink, didn't spent a single plat.

Must be portal exploit, its the only way tarlok items were able to increase in numbers otherwise we will be seeing much less tarlok items.

nelson131
07-10-2014, 09:41 AM
lol were u at erhiopia or antartica during halloween and twrlok event? meh new players

nelson131
07-10-2014, 09:47 AM
lol i got like 2m from tarlok and i only played through half of the event............ play better.

FluidShot
07-10-2014, 10:10 AM

What if your goal isn't to make money? It'd be like them releasing a new expansion and you saying "I hate running the maps so I don't, all I do is sit in town and merch on the new items and make money. Therefore, I deem the expansion a success."

I think it says a lot about the event if the worse part is running the maps. I don't play AL to get rich or own stuff, I play it because I enjoy the play style and running maps. That is the core of the game.

For that reason, you may see me in the Happy Trails section soon. I agree with everything you've said about the features of the event, but I personally feel like it's a chore to use up my energy. The running isn't captivating/rewarding, so that turns me off hugely.

I think part of this problem is the locked crates. Someone doesn't need to spend a second of time running in the event, yet can have the new mythic weapons and the best gear. I've opened 9 spirit/entangled chests, and all I've gotten is energy or gold. I opened two locked crates (Elondria), and got all gold, then one living spirit assault armour. In TWO crates. Watching videos of people open crates also reveals the rate at which the new gear is dropping. Personally, I think this is kind of ruining the value of running the event maps. Everything can be attained from the locked crates, and all the opening of them is saturating the market with the best event gear. Get to gold tier for Dovabear, pay 30k for the best gear (sorc), and I don't know what else you can do if running is a chore.

cami
07-10-2014, 11:21 AM
yeah the best because thanks you the event I get a lottt many of gold :D

Bigboyblue
07-10-2014, 11:59 AM
What if your goal isn't to make money? It'd be like them releasing a new expansion and you saying "I hate running the maps so I don't, all I do is sit in town and merch on the new items and make money. Therefore, I deem the expansion a success."

I think it says a lot about the event if the worse part is running the maps. I don't play AL to get rich or own stuff, I play it because I enjoy the play style and running maps. That is the core of the game.

For that reason, you may see me in the Happy Trails section soon. I agree with everything you've said about the features of the event, but I personally feel like it's a chore to use up my energy. The running isn't captivating/rewarding, so that turns me off hugely.

I think part of this problem is the locked crates. Someone doesn't need to spend a second of time running in the event, yet can have the new mythic weapons and the best gear. I've opened 9 spirit/entangled chests, and all I've gotten is energy or gold. I opened two locked crates (Elondria), and got all gold, then one living spirit assault armour. In TWO crates. Watching videos of people open crates also reveals the rate at which the new gear is dropping. Personally, I think this is kind of ruining the value of running the event maps. Everything can be attained from the locked crates, and all the opening of them is saturating the market with the best event gear. Get to gold tier for Dovabear, pay 30k for the best gear (sorc), and I don't know what else you can do if running is a chore.

I agree that the event map could have been a bit more entertaining. I think the real issue is the OP bosses. Helena is always a chore and Ursoth is pretty tough himself. This is an area of the event system that should be improved, I can't argue there. I play the game because I enjoy running maps. I am solely pve and I definitely hear what you are saying. That being said the event has done a great job revitalizing the game as a whole. I don't think anyone can argue there. It is a success for that reason.