PDA

View Full Version : Where did ur awesome names come from:D ?

Angelicious
01-07-2011, 12:15 AM
so the story begins here, this afternoon I was on PL. And this random guy just poped up and said he/she liked my name, then asked where did my name come from.

Soooo, it would be nice if everyone just share the meaning of your awesome names :p

Zeus
01-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Well Range is a class and pwns means to own or destry and meel comes from melee but I ran out of space and I spelled melee wrong when I was making it so that's an epic fail, but that's how I got my name.

KingFu
01-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Mysticaldream - Mystic and Mystical were taken, so I picked the first word I heard on TV that fit

Hotpocketleg - A joke between my friends and I, a play on words between hotpockets, and pocket legends, hotpocketlegends was too long though. It is pronounced Lej, not leg...

Kingfu - My friend came up with this, play on words between king, and kungfu

Puretanker - A pure tanker....simple enough;)

Tpaxx - AO3 boss

Cydrone - Sexy name, of course, just thought of it since it is like a Drone, but sexier!

Lesrider
01-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Lesrider -- I live on the Lower East Side and ride my bike a lot lol. Lame?
Silvanesti -- From the Dragonlance books I used to read years ago.
Artemisfowll -- I thought it made a good name for a bird archer, but had to add an extra L since the original was taken. :( I never read the books, but thinking I may have to since people keep PMing me in game that they loved the books.

Angelicious
01-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Well Range is a class and pwns means to own or destry and meel comes from melee but I ran out of space and I spelled melee wrong when I was making it so that's an epic fail, but that's how I got my name.

lawlllllll that's cute

ProSophist
01-07-2011, 01:30 AM
ProSophist - self explanatory
CrayonSC - came from my favorite childhood cartoon character, Crayon Shin Chan.

Christina
01-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Cherrykim - cherry- i love eating cherries.. Kim is my father name..

Timmeee
01-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Lol i live in williamsburg.

TammyTwoStep - my name is timmee and a friend at work calls me tammy. two step came from my friends nick naming me for my love of hardcore dancing lol hence tammytwostep

Greek
01-07-2011, 01:56 AM
GreekMuscle- hmmmmmm its simple just watch me FLEEEEEEEEX

Ladylove
01-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Mm main name came from a song I learned in highschool called "the neighbors chorus".

Please excuse us mister we don't want to bother, we only want to know. All of us are neighbors, so we're very curious. Why do you look so low? Give us all the lowdown did you reach a showdown with your last lady love...

Physiologic
01-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Physiologic: Pertaining to physiology, or the study of an organism's body systems

Psychologic: Pertaining to psychology, or the study of the mind

Bigsleazy
01-07-2011, 04:02 AM
Bigsleazy= don't ask
Sleazyliberal= I'm a politically liberal
Wrapandttownd= wrap and tt helped me with this acc
Beauxbeaux= swamp boss with the best name
Grumpasaurus= I was trying to think of a name, was texting a girl at the same time and she said something like "you're such a grumpasaurus today Jared :(" so I picked that.

Cabero
01-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Cabero & Veltis: I followed some friends from Guild Wars to wow and they were on a Role playing server and I wanted to have unique names that sound like they could be real names and after hours of thought I came up with them. They are so unique that I just use them everywhere now. Cabero is my favorite so I use it as my main name.

Cabero is a actual real life rare name too.

Ursanblessing
01-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Well Ursan.. everyone knows that word.
Ursanblessing is a Guild Wars skill.

Ursan Blessing
Campaign: Eye of the North
Attribute: Norn Title Track
Type: Elite Form
You lose all effects and take on the aspect of the bear. For 60 seconds, you have 100 armor and 750...790 Health.
All your attributes are set to 0 and bear attacks replace your skills.

thugimmortal
01-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Thugimmortal and tupaclegend came from the best rapper ever

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/thugimmortal/TUPACThugimmortal.jpg

Phaded
01-07-2011, 09:16 AM
fleebagg - devs banned me and changed my name to this
Kidcudie - rapper that isn't garbage, shaker heights!
Unclepawl - despicable man :p

Echelong
01-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Echelong - came from Echelon but it was taken -_- this is refering to data collection and analysis of signals intelligence (SIGINT - which was also taken.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_%28signals_intelligence%29 wiki here

and my new birdie GNRZ - I wanted a short name so GNR short for gunner and since it was a good one but taken also so I placed a Z as in GNR-Z (yeah DBZ fan)

Crys Number One Fan
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Crystal, like the dru...

Lysdexic
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
It's amazing that people don't actually catch on to my names:

Lysdexic
Lysdexia
Cid Xesyl
Dax Slyie

All are dyslexic/dyslexia in a dyslexic fashion.

I've had these since pre-Yahoo, was the original Lysdexic in Ultima Online and even own Lysdexic.com... yes, I'm getting old :)

Firepants
01-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Firepantz- I am so hot that my pants catch fire all the time. So annoying.....

Lesrider
01-07-2011, 01:22 PM

Lysdexic
Lysdexia
Cid Xesyl
Dax Slyie

I've had these since pre-Yahoo, was the original Lysdexic in Ultima Online and even own Lysdexic.com... yes, I'm getting old :)

Really??? People don't catch on? Wow.

Arterra
01-07-2011, 01:27 PM
lol +1 to Lys, thats a good story

(could have sworn we had this thread, whatever)
Arterra: well, i was actually very techical with this name. I was looking along the lines of earth or terra since the main characters are animals, and I needed some kind of prefix since that was already taken. luckily, Arterra is similar to Alterra! I had no idea... goes to show the devs have good taste ;D
Sangaroh: no real reason, was the name i gave for rayquaza in my pokemon days
http://forums.garyoak.com/images/smilies/RayquazaNormalSprite.gif = http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423191446/pocketlegends/images/c/c0/Skill_avian_scream.png

couple of others...
-I HAD Barsoon... when its actually spelled Barsoom... as soon as I ask on forum for a cheaper name change price someone takes the name lol. (literary reference, google it)
-Mixcoatl is the father of Quetzalcoatl, so even more epic of a warrior name.

CanonicalKoi
01-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Yosinabe (yes, I spelled it wrong)--no clue. Maybe I was hungry. :) Gyoza was continuing on the Japanese food theme and hey! gyoza are delicious! My 50 bird is named after...well, never mind. Long story. My PvP bird is "assassin" in Greek--seemed apropos for a bird. ;) My baby bird who's going to undergo a name change was named after Whitfield Diffie (big wave to all the geeks who know who that is) and my other baby bird, Techne, is named after the Greek goddess of technology. Am I the only one who hates thinking of names? There's a ton of crypto-related ones I'd love to use, but they're all taken. :(

drewcapu
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
drewcapu = last 4 letters of first name + first 4 letters of last name

GuyOTN
01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Well this is fun.

Morphumax: From Red Vs. Blue. It was the name Caboose gave himself as a wizard.
SuperMegaDeathChrist: From the Angry Video Game Nerd. Appeared in one episode, hilarious.
Vyxnar: I really ran out of ideas at 3am.

Snakespeare
01-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Take the name Shakespeare and chop the h down to an n.
Corelli was an opera singer I collect.
Nilsia is just a nice Elvish sounding name.
Snakesbear is a play on the main name.
Snakecharm means Snake's enchantress.
Gravecrow was created to be xp frozen at 25 for Fathom Crypt as a birdie mage.
Emorin is another Elvish sounding name, taken from my very first D&D character that I created on New Year's Eve 83/84.
Artio is the Celtic Bear Goddess.
Jewel Thief was lifted from the game.
Snakespear is my new, replacement main, missing the final e. When he gets to 50 he gets all of Snakespeare's gear and I will delete the main and recreate him as a mule.

lce
01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Reported <-- My main name :)

RedRyder
01-07-2011, 05:46 PM
RedRyder -part of my Xbox live name, it being redryder1482
(actually can't say what it's really meant to be)
Scarletryder - variation of ^
CrimsonRyder - another variation

Angelicious
01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Cherrykim - cherry- i love eating cherries.. Kim is my father name..

yayyy ^^ cherry is my fav <3

Kossi
01-07-2011, 07:19 PM
kossi- i went to korea to, and i visited come epic caves, and the pronunciation was Kossi
ariesi- my horoscope is aries, it was taken, so i added an i :)

Angelicious
01-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Lysdexic
Lysdexia
Cid Xesyl
Dax Slyie

Lawll im pretty sure they sure will notice ur name now^^

TwinkTastical
01-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I was selling pinks... came up with an adjective for twink items... and Wham Bam, Bun in the oven!

Gaddy
01-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Gimboid is one of the regular "space insults" used on the BBC TV show "Red Dwarf":

IE: "He's an idiot, a complete and total Gimboid!"

BlueMagma
01-07-2011, 08:56 PM
BlueMagma/BlackMagma were completely made by fluke. I was thinking one day, "What would be a cool name?" and that was what I came up with.

ChaosDark
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I currently only have two characters. A Warrior Zerkerfang and Dex Bear Zerksnipe.

My warrior's name comes from the common short-hand of Berserker in a number of other MMOs. So basically it means Beserker Fang or Beserker with Fangs.

For my Dex Bear, same origin with first half. Other half is obvious being derived from Sniper. So Beserk Sniper.

TheLaw
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Original online name is: Melabolic. Got it outta my head after waking up from sleep.

Jespo
01-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Jespo = my first name and last name slapped together jesus crespo
Jespow = cause i can add a letter to the end of my name and make it sound effin nice!
Lonecub = well lonewolf was taken so i am the lonecub

Estraz
01-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Estraz - East Winds

BlasterBird
01-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Blasterbird- well I had played to 50 on an old bird which I deleted (No idea why) to make this account, as I thought it was fitting for a void bird.

Intbird- just made him a couple weeks ago after seeing an int bird with cosmos, which Imo, looks hotter than the sun! Also, Im a junkie for short and original names :)

Strbird- trying to see if I could get lucky with another name and did lol.

So I have my own little flock of birds now!

Militaryman
01-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Dad was in military, hence, militaryman.
Others just follow the trend: MM

cuard
01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
From a band aid box :(

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Jesus told me in my sleep that I should build a charecter named Pharcyde, in a similar fashion of the burning weed bush.

Militaryman
01-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Jesus told me in my sleep that I should build a charecter named Pharcyde, in a similar fashion of the burning weed bush.

So it had nothing to do with "the far side"? Shoot...

Phoenixking
01-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Lol, pharcyde are you sure kossi didnt hack u :p
Well i came up with my name phoenixking because i like phoenixs and the word king
Thatcrazybear was because i like funny sounding things lawl rawr
And elvenkingtwo i was putting elvenking but it was taken got it from elvenqueen

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Lol, pharcyde are you sure kossi didnt hack u :p

Dude shhh!!! Hes not suppost to know!!

Estraz
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Mine came from mars?

Phoenixking
01-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Pharcyde, kossi is talking about ppl talking to him on his dream or someone i didmt remember

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Pharcyde, kossi is talking about ppl talking to him on his dream or someone i didmt remember

Soooo... Jesus talked to me in my dream... I talked to Kossi in his dream? I AM FREAKIN JESUS!

Jespo
01-07-2011, 11:47 PM

But I've never met you so I couldn't have said anything to you in your sleep

Darkchylde
01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Darkchylde chylde from stephen king dark tower series then i jus put dark in front of it ala Darkchylde

bladesword
01-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Bladesword means a blade and a sword.
Magiclegends is a magic and a legend.

Berserking
01-08-2011, 02:32 AM
supadupahfly - style, idk what else of a good name there was.
sagittare - the zodiac sign with the bow get it
berserking - king of berserk
redmagik - my gf and i plays her name is bluemagik so i made one again

Akaee
01-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Akaee: I played in another mmo and my first char was an archer Eagle-Eye. The other players there shortened that when speaking to me in EE. Since the name Eagle-Eye here was taken i named my bird Akaee (also known as EE).

Whosdaddy: Thats me, having 5 kids.

Bearbg: a bear followed by my initials.

And thats it :o

Slush
01-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Slushie - when I was making an account on runescape waaay back, I bought a slushy that day, But plain old slushy doesn't have character. So I replaced the y with ie, so everyone knows its me!
And I guess slushie stuck :)

Off topic-that's right, I'm back!!

SuicideKings
01-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Suicidekings+z- Derived from the king of hearts...hence the sword running through the head
Icareforabear+bird- idk...carebear was supposed to be the name but it was sadly taken
Eatmoarchickn- Eat moar chicken to pwn me

Wysee
01-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Wysee, have used it on a bunch of other stuff as well. It's a play on Wise, turned into Wyse, was taken, Wysee!

Angelicious
01-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Lawlll, how do ppl remember their dreams, i mean i cant do it

Estraz
01-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Estraz = East Windz

Zeus
01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Renamed so here they are
Apollo= My archer and Apollo is the greek god of archery
Poseidon= My elf. Poseidon is the god of the seas and earthquakes. My elf is so beast it controls the sea and earthquakes :)
Bodyguardz= My tank. It is essentially a bodyguard for you :). I will make sure no matter what class you are you will not get aggro. Ask King Richie if you don't believe me. He tried intense dps on his archer and couldn't draw aggro to him on shadow caves.

Kossi
01-29-2011, 05:25 PM
supadupahfly - style, idk what else of a good name there was.
sagittare - the zodiac sign with the bow get it
berserking - king of berserk
redmagik - my gf and i plays her name is bluemagik so i made one again

i wanted sagittare so bad!

Anyrra
01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I just came up with Anyrra when I was playing another MMORPG. Its pronounced an-EYE-rah, just for reference I guess lol

romgar1
01-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Romgar was a blind guy on sindbad the pirate who was really good at throwing knives. Faytalia is just a play on fatal with a little elven spelling. Grizzlyborn is my bear enough said. Fowlodor is my twink bird who loves spending time near my friend courtestyflush so as to not offend anyone.

CZYjoeDAVOLA
01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
CZYjoeDAVOLA- got it from seinfeild
Knightsnight- got it from the office

Liathea
01-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Liathea: A mashup of two names from my favorite book (Liahan and Althea). I normally use Lithea for that, but it was taken. [mage]

AvinBrone: A name from another book I like. He was described as bearish, so hey, I have my [warrior].

Tokicat: I was talking about Metalocalypse one night with some people in FH, and decided to make an alt with a Metalocalypse name. -shrug- [ranger]

Sanatorium
01-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Simple, in-game name generator.
Yup :).

Diodge
01-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Diodge the Sandy look alike- Dodge was my name back in EverQuest days. Tank on WOW. It was taken here so I added the I (Diodge)

KrackNasty the Tank- Krack is a company that installed Refrigeration units. They were doing A install and one guy told his partner that was all dirty "Man you be KrackNasty".
Krack - http://krack.ingersollrand.com/Pages/welcome.aspx

nasty-
-A word used to describes someone's excellent ability at something or to describe something that is ridiculously good.
-to describe something that is disgusting

Kuack the bird- My son asked me one night when I was in a group "who keeps Kuacking?" I asked him to spell it. This is it...

Scrounger the 10Tank for Holiday Farmin- name says it all

Lovenus
01-30-2011, 01:00 AM
Fusion of related words
Love = caring, passionate
Venus = Goddess of Love
Love + Venus ( Using ve only once ) = Lovenus ( It's pronouced like this ) Low-vie-nurse

Many people tell me that I am a great listener ( Love ) and introvert thinker. I thought to myself and agreed. When people tells me something, I will listen but I will remove it from my head if it's found to clash with my own thinking. I am one that strongly stand by my own thinking ( Venus ).

Since this is my character, I went to find a lawyer for the name change and submitted the deed poll to relevant authorities. Since then, this has been my real name and it appears on all my personal documents.

DawnInfinity
01-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Since this is my character, I went to find a lawyer for the name change and submitted the deed poll to relevant authorities. Since then, this has been my real name and it appears on all my personal documents.
Interesting :O

Edit: since I haven't posted here I guess I can share now.

Dawn is my favorite time of day, and infinity is like forever so.. Dawn + infinity = amazing. ;) I thought of it when I started MapleStory, so I had DawnInfinity as my ign then and now. :o

Lovenus
01-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Interesting :O

Edit: since I haven't posted here I guess I can share now.

Dawn is my favorite time of day, and infinity is like forever so.. Dawn + infinity = amazing. ;) I thought of it when I started MapleStory, so I had DawnInfinity as my ign then and now. :o

Nice! Dawn, you played in MapleSea or MapleGlobal?

DawnInfinity
01-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Nice! Dawn, you played in MapleSea or MapleGlobal?

I played in Maple Global. I wasn't hardcore or anything, I played for a summer. I made a lot of friends and sat around most of the time, had cute outfits. :o

KingFu
01-30-2011, 01:21 AM
I thought Lovenus, was like "Loven' (lovin') us" Like McDonalds theme (I'm Lovin' It) :cool: I guess I was a tad off....

Lovenus
01-30-2011, 01:33 AM
I played in Maple Global. I wasn't hardcore or anything, I played for a summer. I made a lot of friends and sat around most of the time, had cute outfits. :o

Haha. I played in MapleSea. Maplestory is fun if the GMs are more dilligent. It's more to cute characters and 2D side scrolling. LOL

bravemenrun
01-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Bravemenrun I stole from an old Sonic Youth song. Plus I always play mages and that used to involve alot of solo kiting so I ran a lot. The song actually goes brave men run.... in my family... see what they did there?

Thatzme
01-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Thatzme - That's me! Started using this as my email and chat nickname since mirc days. Used it for my adventurer in Anarchy Online.
Thatz - Well that's what everyone calls me in AO
Thatzy - Some pple in AO calls me this. More of a term of endearment

Shaylyanarie
01-30-2011, 03:05 AM
shaylyanarie - name I made up.
taliarkala - name I made up in like 5th grade for a book I was going to write, lol.

A lot of other names I tried to use [well, ALL the other names I tried to use] were taken, lol. So I figured if I had made the name up, there was a less likely chance someone else already had it.

Vorgrims
01-30-2011, 03:15 AM
Vorgrims came from the most epic pvp game designed (imo). This was a name of a armor on there, game was called shadowbane server shutdown but a emulator is in the making.

Hekpoc
01-30-2011, 06:00 AM

Wow yay someone else who played UO!!!

Hekpoc was my first charecter name in UO... I'm Russian born and raised in Moscow. Hekpoc in cyrilyc in nekros Latin for death. Kind of funny actually a Russian player in PL recognized it a week ago.

Theosiris... I am obsessed with Greek/roman/egyptian mythology and have used Osiris as a name for as long as I can remember.

icantgetkills
01-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Icantgetkillz - I obviously can't get kills :D
Icangetkillz- I can
Stophamertime- the legendary mc hammer :D (cant touch this)
Skittleparty- who doesn't love to eat skittles and party ^_^
irunthearena - self explanatory I run the arena

Delzone
01-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I use this name much. With lot of thinking I created this AWESOME name. :-P

Kalielle
01-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Kalielle - I wanted a name that sounded like it could be a real name but of course most real names were already taken, so I made one up. Kaley and Kalbird came later based on that.
Clusterstorm - was trying to think up a name that would fit a rush paladin but couldn't come up with any that weren't taken. Meanwhile my hubby was playing this dvd of the Disney film G-Force. Saw the name and was like, that's perfect!

kobebean
01-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Well..

Kobebean - Kobe "bean" Bryant
Deronwillams....
Evanturner...
Davidstern..

Need I to explain?

chrononh
01-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Chrononh is short for Chrononhotonthologos, the main character in an 18th century farcical play I came across during one of my forays in the university library stacks section. When thinking of online names, I thought the chance of an English major's online interests coinciding with mine is minimal (I'm an engineer), and that the name will be largely unused by anyone else. The shorter version is just easier to use when logging in. Other game names are variations on the same theme: Chronnonh and Chrononnh.

Rikilamaru
01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Well my name rikilamaru is made up. I made the name when I got vanilla WoW. Ppl think I took the name from tench but I didn't lol. Nightswish I got from my fav opera metal band named nightwish.

Cabero
01-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Well my name rikilamaru is made up. I made the name when I got vanilla WoW. Ppl think I took the name from tench but I didn't lol. Nightswish I got from my fav opera metal band named nightwish.

opera metal band??!! never heard of such a thing lol.

karmakali
01-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I started as Ahmalee (one of my dogs names). I decided about level 30 that I didn't want to be named after a golden retriever so i figured I should come up with something a little more creative. Karmakali is an obvious combo of

Karma- essentially 'what you project out into the world is what you get back from it.

Kali- a multi faceted goddess who represents everything from eternal energy to death.

I thought it was semi symbolic of the mage role....

****my first post ya'll! Leaving the ranks of forum stalker and participating!

Pocket Legend
01-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Kizziah is my last name. Pronounced (Kizz+eye+uhh). Seemed decent for an avian name.

Heartly came to mind when naming my enchantress. I wanted something sweet and to the point. And since enchantresses help others by reviving.. Heartly was the choice.

Thumble is a cute name for a bear. 'Nuff said. :3

Necrobane
01-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Necrobane = I wanted the name "Bane" but it was taken so i added the prefix.
Sunsett = I happended to be playing on my roof at the time funnily enough and there was an awesome sunset.
Persistant = I only played this character with a friend of mine so i took me some time to hit 45.
Razahkai = Wanted a name with "kai" at the end.
Daemonren = Daemon would have been nice but it was taken.
Pyroclasm = Was watching a documentary at the time.
Abhorsan = From a good book.
Bankthat = A sexy bank name ;)

YYZ????
01-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Some may remember old days when you got a high score on an Arcade game you only got to enter 3 initials. I always used YYZ. YYZ is the title of awesome song by the band Rush. Rush got the name from the Toronto airport code. Many people PM me asking if I am from Toronto. Sorry, I just like the song.

YYZMage, YYZBear & YYZBird.

Angelicious
02-17-2011, 12:08 AM
I always thought H4nn1 is a good name

Kindread
02-17-2011, 12:31 AM
I used to play a text PK MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) called Achaea and I owned the world as Caine and Kindread. Caine is derived from Cain the betrayer and used in those vampire RPGs but was already taken. Vampires in that RPG were called the Kindred but Kindread seems such a cooler way to spell it. My other alt is Sithchylde because I'm a Star Wars fan.

Zipponator
02-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Im the ZIPPONATOR!!! my name comes from my pet - Zippo , hes da zipponator so watch out hehhehehe

sechs
02-17-2011, 01:24 AM
sechs is 6 in German, which used to be my forum name.
but it's taken in game, so i changed it a bit and become Xechs, Xechz for my archer and tank.

charoro come from the name of my wife Charlotte.

Otukura
02-17-2011, 01:29 AM
sechs is 6 in German, which used to be my forum name.
but it's taken in game, so i changed it a bit and become Xechs, Xechz for my archer and tank.

charoro come from the name of my wife Charlotte.
I thought it was an attempt to spell an inapropro word...lol

Mine is... um... rather not say.

ultimateduck
02-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Mines ultimateduck because at first I thought the archer was a duck . I was quite young then.

kallima
02-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Kallima is a type of butterfly commonly found in Asia. Also it was the name of a series of poems my best friend wrote and gifted me before I moved.

Though some people think it comes from a horror movie. Kal-li-ma, I think from the exorcist but not sure.

My alts are just variations. Though if its not taken, my next toon will be "Giggity" for Quagmire off Family Guy. I heart Seth McFarlane. ;)

MoonYeol
02-17-2011, 03:02 AM
Wow..

Hekpoc: I never would've thought that your name was in cyrillic. I always thought it was like Hek-poc. But instead it's necrose.

Cabero: Haven't you ever heard of Nightwish?

ultimateduck: you're just barely 1 year older than when the game was released...

MoonYeol
02-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Kallima is a type of butterfly commonly found in Asia. Also it was the name of a series of poems my best friend wrote and gifted me before I moved.

Though some people think it comes from a horror movie. Kal-li-ma, I think from the exorcist but not sure.

My alts are just variations. Though if its not taken, my next toon will be "Giggity" for Quagmire off Family Guy. I heart Seth McFarlane. ;)

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali) on the Hindu goddess Kali. (Sometimes referred to as Kali Ma.)
Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimah) the first pillar of Islam called Kalimah or Kalema.

Kallima Inachus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kallima_inachus) the "Orange Oakleaf" or "Dead Leaf" butterfly.

sechs
02-17-2011, 03:12 AM
I thought it was an attempt to spell an inapropro word...lol

Mine is... um... rather not say.

LOL, yeah and most of the people from every forum have the same thought as you :P

and whenever they reply my post they add "but" before my name, like "but, sechs is correct."

Dizzy
02-17-2011, 03:59 AM
I've been asked if I named my mage for Ellie the Enchantress in Forest Haven. Hee, no. "Ellie" is short for my real name. I'm loopy and ditzy and dizzy, hence: DizzyEllie. I've used it online for years.

Ricey
02-17-2011, 04:03 AM
I used to draw pixel art for a couple of websites under the name The Rice God which earned me the nickname Ricey, Rice and much later, Rice Pea.. for whatever reason.

NoobieTuesday
02-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Merdalfumdore here.

Merdalfumdore > Merlin + Gandalf + Dumbledore

StompArtist
02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
StompArtist because I stomp a lot. LAME.

superss
02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
superss a mix of super and my initials

Wbto-Angeluscustos
02-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Angeluscustos: I played tribalwars with some guy and he had to do a sergery so he gave me his account.. and this was his account, so i just named it after him.
Wbto: When I played fifa with my team i got a new player named bateo and when they yelled his name it sounded like wbto.
Wbtowbto: just doulbe what my second name
Murtaghthron: after my favorite book series.. these are Eragon and Saphira's enemies (brother)

I know my names are lame but oh well lmao

Dogmao
02-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Dogmao, Dogmaom and Dogmoa r inspired by the "dogma": in our language it is a (religious) theory which u have to believe without a proove, like the univers is unlimited, god is "there"
like dogma is usually taken i ended up my naming dogMAO, comming from the chinese emperor Mao Zedong... cuz i liked the meaning and the sound of "dogmao", i had to modify it a bit in order to find 2 other names for my mage and bear...
however most call me "dog" cuz they dont know what the original word stands for...

"Dog"

Magicalbanana
02-19-2011, 06:26 AM
magicalbanana-a banana thats magical...

wolfendragon
02-19-2011, 07:26 AM
I usually have wolfdragon as a gamer tag it somehow was taken so made it wolfendragon which sounds good and is similar to things I read about

Cheesecakess
02-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Cheesecakess - Hmm idk maybe err... no just completely random
Can't really remember why I choosed it I guess when I used to play runescape my guy was called ePik_cHeeSe2

Zerious
02-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Forum name: Herwolf
My gf says I'm "Her wolf" since a remind her of a particular member of the wolf pack in the Twilight series. Started using that. I got Wolfprodigy and Wolfsaura, my first twink

Twink name: Zerious
Friends of mine in PL were gonna make a guild called "Zeriously" (also one of my character names) and we decided we'd start making twinks to represent the guild. I made my second twink, Zeriouswolf that transitioned the use of "Wolf" to "Zerious". My friends kinda procrastinated the guild, and I wound up stuck with the name, but I liked it, so it's my twink tag now. My bird, Zeriousbird, used to be named Avianwolf; changed it since it became my primary bird twink before I deleted Wolfsaura.

Although the actual name "Zerious" is taken, I did not at all get the name from him. It's just a coincidence.

Sun
02-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Ratatat, LP4

Salem
02-19-2011, 05:04 PM
xxsalemxx: Pretty simple... it's my name.

Roasty
06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Well my username "Roastcoffee" came along pretty easily for me! So I was in downtown Seattle on vacation and then I went into the first Starbucks Cafe EVER! It looked...old...and a little hippy too. Then I just got a small cup of coffee from the cafe and started drinking it. Then later that day I went grocery shopping (on a vacation, lame I know) and I was going through an aisle and then I smelled something REALLY GOOD :D it was just more coffee, then something caught my attention, Premium Roast Coffee Mix. But that was like in 2008...

I just remembered that moment while I was just straining to find a good username on PL...and that my friend...is my story...

noobmigo
06-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Not to dead pan, but the random name generator

jjjjaaaakkkke
06-28-2011, 04:49 PM
My name is pretty fail.. :banana: I made my main my bird after getting hooked into PvP. :D

Ayc2000
06-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Enikazie- eni... I wanted to put ani, but it didnt' sound right, so yeah... + kazie like kamikazie....

Zeus
06-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Apollo; God of the Sun and Archery. My bird is an archer. So, Apollo fits.

Bodyguardz; Essentially a Bodyguard. My bear is a tank, so Bodyguardz fits.

Poseidon; God of the Sea and Earthquakes; Elves control the spells of nature which includes all the elements, so again. The name fits.

Rangepwnsmeel; Now my Level 32 Twink, was originally my level 56 bird; Apollo. The name speaks for itself. When I made the character though, I didn't know about the 13 character limit, so the name stuck. It should have been Rangepwnsmelee

Mynasgen; My Level 25 Bear Twink; It was a pun, was originally a K/D twink. It had high kills for it's level, so those that knew what a Mynas Generation was, it was mocking them.

VoodooVillain; My Level 35 Bear Twink; It is a voodoo int bear, with a evil crazy bear face. Was the twin of Ladylove's Voodoovixen. We were twin bears :).

TheIndian; My level 10 twink elf. I'm Indian, self explanatory. The name was originally Restrained, but I renamed for 50 platinum while drunk from an Indian festival, so in my stupidness, I made him rename.

Twinkilicious; My level 10 twink bear. It's a PvE ratio twink. Name implies it's a lovable twink, or you want to eat it. I gave him the teddy bear face, so the name fits.

Whirlzap
06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
TheIndian; My level 10 twink elf. I'm Indian, self explanatory. The name was originally Restrained, but I renamed for 50 platinum while drunk from an Indian festival, so in my stupidness, I made him rename.
Lolololololololol
I love spicy Indian food:)

Onto Me:
Whirlzap-My first PL Character, a Bear, thought it up first as whirlzap51, then changed it to Whirlzap, been through many games with it. Somehow it stuck, and it is quite catchy i do say so myself:)
Xwhirlz- at around level 10 on Whirlzap, I got bored with bears and made an elf, after seeing how they could heal.
My elf soon overleveled my bear and went on its way to now.
It was supposed to be xWhirlz, apparently everything gets decapitalized....
________- Unreveled name, twink

Kylghan
06-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I put my name Meghan and my boyfriends name Kyle together and came up with Kylghan. Lol.

Zeus
06-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I put my name Meghan and my boyfriends name Kyle together and came up with Kylghan. Lol.

Zomg, you guys are the next Bradgelina? Congratz! :)

(Just Joking, it's cute!)

Mkcecil
06-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Mkcecil
Mk was suppose to be Meta-Knight
And Cecil has been my name for years before this game came out. Most people would call me
Meta-knight cecil, but one day my friend kept calling me Mkcecil (mc cecil) k instead of c
Keasha is my main and that came from a really old friend that I use to hang out with me.

OrangeDreams
06-28-2011, 07:34 PM
orangedreams - I like the color orange. And I like to sleep.

themadstork - from david foster wallace's infinite jest, a main character

dongately - same.

xantor
06-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Morallality was taken so. so I went with Moralindescen because it wouldn't take the full name moral indecency...

LADYHADASSA
06-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Lady Hadasa ( should be Lady Hadassa but when the a diuble ss is out together the name flags as vulger) Lady Hadassa originates from my favorite biblical woman, her name was Lady Hadassa and changed to Queen Esther to protect her from her true heratage being found, by doing so she won the hand of the king.

I have used this name threw many games over past 6 years

ShelbyLove... I love the Shelby car .. :)

Tigerizstar... My original e mail... Tigers are my fav animal... Iz is short for eyes...stars... I love the night sky, growing up people used to tell me my eyes where like a tiger... So the name is a personality mix

MIVIDA... Means my life in spanish

The rest... ladyhadazza, Ladyhada, and Lady H all subs of my original

LADYHADASSA
06-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Physiologic: Pertaining to physiology, or the study of an organism's body systems

Psychologic: Pertaining to psychology, or the study of the mind

Love this do you study or have you studied psych?

Register
06-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Register-....umm i was in a rush to get posting on STS forums and didnt have a general name idea yet...
ShadowPlat-...I kinda hate the name but Plat is short for PlatyCow...platycow is a mix of platypus and cow lmao.
DreamPlat-...waaay better name then ShadowPlat. Like shadows, dreams are wispy and are unpredictable yet have an intersting idea to them :)
Shadowpvp-again i hate the name but shadows and its a twink...

And for SL i might quit PL altogether but i wont share the names in case of weirdos who wanna take other peoplzez name....

KingGiant
06-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Damken comes from Damken Tranquilheart, the name of my first everquest character I made. Have had a character named Damken in every mmo I have played since. The original was a Dwarf Paladin.

Samhayne
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Damken comes from Damken Tranquilheart, the name of my first everquest character I made. Have had a character named Damken in every mmo I have played since. The original was a Dwarf Paladin.

Right on Damken! My first character in EverQuest was a Dwarf Paladin named Bordael. I always got too much bunk from the name being too close to "Bordello" (basically "Brothel" in French).

I've used Samhayne as my handle for shooter games since Ultima 9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9rySgbc3_I Ahhh, yeah, ye olde Ultima series... played the heck out of them. Pk'ing in UO too, lol.

I also was Samhayne when I worked on PlanetSide. Good times in that game too.

I've had so many good times using Samhayne that when I started up with the Spacetime crew, it just seemed the natural one to use.

Twinkman
06-29-2011, 12:27 AM
twinkman- from my twink

dacomedykid- i used to make comedy sketchs at my school on fridays but then i stopped

peaceall- i thought Lovenus was an epic name so i tried to make something similar lol

Pwambo- theres an episode of spongebob where spongebob shrinks everyone with a belt he stole from mermaidman and it and it had a M on it. Since spongebob shrunk them on accident he tried turning the M unside down to a W to "unshrink". So patrick said "change Mambo to Wambo!!!!!". And so i put the P for patrick and wambo for the funny way patrick said it so its Pwambo

Ebalere
06-29-2011, 12:34 AM

I feel bad, maybe i shoulda been Megyle? Lol.

I used random name generator, which came up with Ebalare, and i liked how it sounded but i changed the spelling. I pronounce it ee-bah-lair. Some people in game nickname me "ebs", which implies a different pronounciation, just throwin that out there... Eba for short!

On goremaul, i just thought of what would happen in a bear attack, self explanitory.

And i just wanted a b.a. name for my mage so kinda sticking with the two words thing from goremaul, i just thought infernospawn sounded pretty cool.

Marcoolio
06-29-2011, 12:43 AM
My name comes rap artist: http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markoolio

Im not big fan of artist or that country but that name fit in my real name and i just tune it up little bit cooler ;) and i use that name almost every game i play or forums.

Well...none of the neighbors do not get angry (Swedish) :D

Blind
06-29-2011, 07:17 AM
The day before i downloaded the game i watched a movie called Zatoichi, it's about a blind japanese sword master.

Marcoolio
06-29-2011, 07:33 AM
The day before i downloaded the game i watched a movie called Zatoichi, it's about a blind japanese sword master.

One of my favorites movies...just so awesome

StompArtist
06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
StompArtist: Because I stomp a lot. lol (lvl1 Bear and my pride and joy)
LoneUrsidae: First character I made. Lone bear was taken. (lvl 55 BowBear)
LilPlucker: For my bird. Seemed funny for a bird, feathers plucking feathers. Pluck also stands for resourceful courage in the dictionary. I get in trouble about this one with some folks assuming it is a swear word. This is also my XBOX live handle. (lvl54 Bird)
Geriatrica: My enchantress, she's old and grumpy. (lvl55 DexMage)
DeathBudgie: Uninteresting name. No inspiration at the moment of creation. (lvl30ish STR Bird)
LowCarb: Inspired from one of my wife's snack. Again no inspiration. (lvl10 Bow-Bear)
Rincewindz: Rincewind was taken when I created my immortal so I added a Z. I thought the reference to the expert at survival wizzard in the Terry Pratchett books would be pretty cool. (lvl15ish Bird)

CanonicalKoi
06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Rauen - long story. :/
Grievousangel - street name of a drug in William Gibson's Neuromancer
Diffie - named for Whitfield Diffie (cryptography god)
Gyoza, Yosinabe and Chazuke (new baby bear) - Japanese food names.
Partedmagic (baby mage) - Linux flavor
Misrulesangel, Maleficangel (baby mages) - had a theme going ;)
Beansidhe (baby mage) - Banshee in Gaelic
Piobaire (baby bird) - Piper in Gaelic (I play the bagpipes)

AnRK
06-29-2011, 03:05 PM

Love the Blind Swordsman movies/series!

AnRK
06-29-2011, 03:17 PM
AnRK - a take off on anarchy (that was my call name when I was a hacker eons ago)
Rhyval - my Papillon's name. She is so much like a hummingbird in nature I thought it would be prefect for my bird
Myrddynus - love anything/everything to do with the Merlin myth and Myrrdyn is the Welsh derivative but it was taken so I Romanised it a bit & used it for my bear
Kharris - a play on my first rpg character ever, Charis, from D&D days onwards

Silentarrow
06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Silentarrows- I picked it because Silent for stealthand arrow for killing.
Silentslash- I wanted something that would fit with Silentarrow
Arkanemage- Arkane is a type of magic and mages do magic :).

aloysiuslau
06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Phra Ngang
Phra Chai
Phra See

They are my only guardian!

If you search in Google "Phra Ngang" , you will know what it means! Keke! The other 2 is also Phra Ngang in another name and ranking only.

Phrangang can always be found where ever I go, in games, email, forum cause I'm a hardcore of His! Esp in Singapore! Lol....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Artemis
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Artemis - I love the moon and it seems all my boyfriends love hunting so Artemis is the greek goddess of the moon and hunting. Sister of Apollo. God of the sun:) (Im a nerd)

Goddessofmoon - Read the above

Samisweethart - I love jersey shore. As you see below :)

Lowlyspy
06-29-2011, 06:42 PM
I made up lowlyspy so long ago I cant remember how I came up with it but its my name for absolutely everything

Greatspy because he's greater than lowlyspy

Averagespy because he's not good or bad, he's average :P

Dethwarior
06-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Superflufykid- was thinking of wat gabriel iglesias(comedian) would look like as a superhero kid

Dethwarior- wanted deathwarrior but was taken so I just took out a letter from both words tht still make it sound the same

Raazesk
06-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Raazesk - I used the random name generator lol It was longer (Raazeskajei or something) but I took the end off.

kinawarrior
06-30-2011, 09:58 AM
My first Everquest character was Kinadafz. That evolved to me sellig my character, and then starting up again a year later. During that second time around, I would 4 box with a Shaman, Warrior, Ranger, and Monk. I always like the name Kina in game cause it was an easy nickname. so, my new characters became Kinawarrior, Kinashaman, Kinaranger, and Kinamonk.

Then, to make the name Kina really ring home, 3 years ago my wife and I adopted two cats from a shelter...their name? Nisha and...Kina. Kina was the name the shelter gave her, so it was fate! And, she is sooo my cat too :)

KhaosAngel
06-30-2011, 10:07 AM
KhaosAngel- I'm a Monster Khaos freak, drink 5 cans a day +Angel cause it seems fitting for a superior mage:D
KingofMaine- Well...I am the King of Maine:D
AngelofKhaos-Same as Above- now please stop asking for dates- I'm a MAN:mad::D

diiroid
07-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Diroid-wanted something to go close with droid. :-|

Maybe next could be DIEroid. XD

Zaltiar
07-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Zaltiar- Assassins creed "Altair"

WishUWereHere
07-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Pink Floyd album/song

Ebalere
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm a Monster Khaos freak, drink 5 cans a day

O.O. don't die..

Bagwaan
07-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Thai girls think I lie to them. Bagwaan means sweet mouth in Thai.

Arterra
07-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Diroid-wanted something to go close with droid. :-|

Maybe next could be DIEroid. XD

Lol that name is awesome xD DIEroid

Fouless
07-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Well since my character was a bird I wanted to give him a bird name like fowl, but I did'nt want to make it obvious and I was not a duck so I changed it around to foul then I realized it sounded like a bad guy name so I put less at the end to make Fouless!

Zamu
08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Zamu - I wanted a completely unique name, just typed in random letters till i tried this name. Thought it was a cool one and easy to say :P

Lucilulu
08-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Dopey: My Bulldogs Name (my wife nickname for him is dopeydaddy IDK)
Lucilu: My Boxers Name (yes my wife usually yells out lucilulu for some reason)

Lucilulu
08-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Lady Hadasa ( should be Lady Hadassa but when the a diuble ss is out together the name flags as vulger) Lady Hadassa originates from my favorite biblical woman, her name was Lady Hadassa and changed to Queen Esther to protect her from her true heratage being found, by doing so she won the hand of the king.

I did not know that was Esther's former name. Very cool. And hello long time no see :)

Zerious
08-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Dopey: My Bulldogs Name (my wife nickname for him is dopeydaddy IDK)
Lucilu: My Boxers Name (yes my wife usually yells out lucilulu for some reason)

there's a clan named Dopey lol. Bet you get mixed up with them often?

Swimmingstar
08-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Farmerstar: farming bear
Amysticalstar: idk i want something ending with star
Swmmingstar: couldn't think of anyhting

apocketlegend
08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Very first name ever I created on July 3rd was PClilturd, LOL because my Brothers call of duty gamertag was PCbigturd and I wanted to follow the crew! Lol

Unxtoxic
08-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Xkiilzx- I wanted to get a lot of kills in PVE and make it on to the leaderboard but never happened :( but this character was my very first lvl 56 character :)

Nonxtoxic- was reading a label that said non-toxic

Unxtoxic- made it similar to nonxtoxic

Dinoxkillzx- the dino part was suppose to be dynamite but couldn't fit, so I just dino and the xkillzx came from my bear xkiilzx

Alwaysxtoxic- made it similar to nonxtoxic and Unxtoxic

Mothwing
08-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Weeell roasty is the very first person i met in-game.

EDIT: WTF it didnt save the rest of my text...UGHHHH

Kk: here's try #2 Weeelll Roasty is the very first person i met in game. He understands my name very well becuz we are both OBSESSED with the warriors series. <3 read a couple and you'll find my name. All the cool names from those books were taken in pl...but i looked again and found mothwing!!! ZOMG! i loooved it <3 it eventually developed my love for moths...kinda weird...lotsa people call me mothy, motheeee, mothweeeeng, moth, or just mothwing xD my other char, thejewelthief, i got after farming a jewel thief item...dont ask...

Lucilulu
08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
there's a clan named Dopey lol. Bet you get mixed up with them often?

No Idea what the Dopey clan is. My name is in reference to Dopey the dwarf :)

birdmasta
05-29-2012, 01:02 AM
ProSophist - self explanatory
CrayonSC - came from my favorite childhood cartoon character, Crayon Shin Chan.

lol crayon shin chan is so perverted lmao... my mom has it xD

Pakax
05-29-2012, 06:32 AM
Pakax - is a variation of my nickname really (Pac). I felt that having the KAX was making is a little bit more PL-esque, more 'antique' if you see what I mean.
ZeroKarma - that's because it was his Karma to have zero deaths.

Then I have all the Karma twinks, that came from a private joke on guild chat, i.e. everyone should have a karma (can't remeber the joke tho), so I decided to name all my twinks with Karma at the end. (Winterkarma, SummerKarma, AutumnKarma, SpringKarma, HappyKarma, GrumpyKarma, PinkKarma). It started during the holiday seasons, then Winter festival, then in the spring I built a lvl21 farmer, in the summer a 51, autmun a 56, and so on :-) Then sometimes I hm happy and sometimes Grumpy, but most importantly, I love my pinks - hence pinkkarma

ps: these are all my twinks I think (except merches) - I've seen people called: badKarma, goodkarma, nokarma in game: not me (for the record)

Mothwing
05-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Wow, this thread is what, ancient? O.o

Pakax
05-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Oh nooo ... I helped necro... Sorry....:-(((

JaytB
05-30-2012, 05:06 AM

Still better than creating a new thread for it IMO.

I think of this thread a bit like 'people behind the characters', nice to see where names come from, however old the thread might be :)

Coke
05-30-2012, 05:19 AM
Coke: Short for Coca-cola, also everyone loves a bit of Coke now and then!? :D

Nommos
05-30-2012, 05:36 AM
http://www.unmuseum.org/siriusb.htm there is the explanation about nommos (: interesting story

blatta
05-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Blatta @wikipedia: "The oriental cockroach (also known as: waterbug and Blatta orientalis) is a large species of cockroach ...". Yah, my real PL life began in sewers while farming scaled pinks with friends. So my main blatta is still 52 while i lvled alts like blattha to 66.

dingermtb
05-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Nekromantic - an older German horror film. Actually spelled Nekromantik, but that name was taken.

Sent from my BlueZombie-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Phoenixking
05-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow, this thread is what, ancient? O.o
I was waiting for this. O.o

Tortega
05-30-2012, 04:55 PM
tegasthemain (mage)= my friends irl called me teg the main is cuz tegasthemain is my main character
sweetcoktails (bear)= cuz those are the type of drinks i enjoy
tegnsun (bird)= well I'm Teg n I belong to Sun so tegnsun
I have a few others will add them later on I have to go back and look at them to remember what i named them :)

Mothwing
05-30-2012, 05:24 PM

No problem :) It's good to see some interesting threads for a change.

Swimmingstar
05-30-2012, 05:27 PM

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Atw622
06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Avianpride - my first character, noticed that birds/archers were also called avians, the pride part popped into my head and that's it

Countfang - my bear, while playing thru mount fang with my bird, noticed one of the bosses had the title of count, and I liked the vampire theme so when I realized count rhymed with mount, I couldn't pass that name up

I got a few more chars with good names, but these are the 2 I'm most proud of

XghostzX
06-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Ghost - Just watched paranormal activity. >.<

Elyseon
06-01-2012, 07:05 PM
thx for implying my names were awesome

but actually i just found them laying on the ground

Subscriber
06-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Sub = looks cool.
Other names, I like original names (simple). I don't like stuff like xxsubszzx, or something. <--- Ugly (No offense to any players in-game or forumers).

Arlandow
06-02-2012, 04:26 AM
My name PERFEKTDARK came from the n64 remake of 007 GOLDENEYE

Overkillzzz
06-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Overkillzzz- I get overkills most of the time.]

Entertaining
06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Entertaining - This game is fun :p

Rawrimafish
06-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Rawrimafish
i had fluffymonster (yes its funny and cute!!!) but i deleted it (l15 mage) i thought for maybe... 25 minutes and i saw on TV a fish... i thought of what a fish couldnt do and BAM
The birth of Rawrimafish :)

starfletcher
06-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Starfletcher - Im a Star and the last part i thought it would just look really good

aav5224
07-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Koolpanda funny story ..... my ing is a bird with a pinguin face and they r black and white and pandas are to ... get it ? Thx for onemage for saying creative name thx

Worship
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Worship- Well on PL a player said: I worship you. (I gave him like.. 10k..) After that, I ended up forgetting the email i used and password. So I quit PL. I joined DL + SL as Worship, and I rejoined PL as ReWorship

Unxtoxic
01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Should this be stickied?

25thninja
01-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Alright ill go

Leiekueboz- computerized-main-mage
Kretaferin- computerized-first made-bear
Oahiazerah- computerized-mainly for stalking devs @.@-bird
Idunnodomo- because i dont know domo... Long story-rhino
Domoidunno- also weird long story connecting to the other story-fox
Dinkleschnuts- friend joke-pvp/pimpy-bear
Leiekreozerah- combined my first three classes-wanna be lvl 1 mage

25th- i love that number so much. Ninja- i am one

Aqp (A Quarter Pounder)
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
I went to McDonalds, ordered A Quarter Pounder, got home and got Pocket Legends, I loved the quarter pounder I wanted my character to be named Aquarterpounder but it was too long so I used Aqp instead. =)

Randomguy
01-05-2013, 11:46 PM
I went to McDonalds, ordered A Quarter Pounder, got home and got Pocket Legends, I lovde the quarter pounder I wanted my character to be named Aquarterpounder but it was too long so I used Aqp instead. =)

quarter pounders from McDonalds=PURE AWESOMENESS

Noodleleg
01-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Noodleleg: One weekend, I was being lazy and my dad called me Noodleleg.
Noobleleg: David loved to call me noodle noob and I simplified it to Noobleleg <3...
Noodleleggy: Self explanatory.
Noodle: Another self explanatory one lol...
Noodlesaurus: It was originally my 30 Warbird... A big phat tanking bird. Dinosaur bird. Noodlesaurus xD!
Noodlefury: When I was thinking a name for this alt, the first word I heard was... Feel my wrath and fury! Noodlewrath sounded mean so I stuck with Noodlefury.
Whyramen: People kept saying Ramen noodles, so I was like... WHYRAMEN.
Noodlehaxes: A few people said I haxed... So Noodlehaxes :)!
Noodlerun: When I first think of foxes, I think of their swiftness. Noodlerun :)!
Noodlejr: Mini Noodle.

Randomguy
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Noobleleg: David loved to call me noodle noob and I simplified it to Noobleleg <3...
Noodlesaurus: It was originally my 30 Warbird... A big phat tanking bird. Dinosaur bird. Noodlesaurus xD!
Noodlefury: When I was thinking a name for this alt, the first word I heard was... Feel my wrath and fury! Noodlewrath sounded mean so I stuck with Noodlefury.
Noodlerun: When I first think of foxes, I think of their swiftness. Noodlerun :)!

sounds like u eat noodles a lot

25thninja
01-06-2013, 12:18 AM

* and then pastafoot walks in*
"Oh hey noodleleg"

Cavoc
01-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Ofwgkta

Olivaria
01-06-2013, 01:36 AM
My name Olivaria came from a movie called resident evil!!! Olivaria was a friken zombie hunter bro!!

Yich
01-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Went from Caigewa, a combination of my first and last name to

Twinkonator - a cool name with the word twink in it, like Ent said to go with

Sucked - its what i did when i first got into low level, so i named myself that

Improving - i did this a lot so why not take the name

Yich - i started to talk a lot of trash and even rhyme it a bit so i took a name that rhymes with a word i use a lot

Imp - got this from support because they love me

Sit - got this as a gift and it is currently gm. Its a 17 support mage.

Darkterror
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I was full time playing Warcraft frozen throne when i downloaded pocket legends.
Faceless void or darkterror its my favorite hero from Dota. Here is the BIO for faceles void.

Darkterror: The Faceless Void is a visitor from Claszureme, a realm outside of time. It remains a mystery why this being from another dimension believes the struggle for the Nemesis Stones is worth entering our physical plane, but apparently an upset in the balance of power in this world has repercussions in adjacent dimensions. TIME MEANS NOTHING to Darkterror, except as a way to thwart his foes and aid his allies. His long-view of the cosmos has given him a remote, disconnected quality, although in battle he is quite capable of making it personal.

He is like the hero of time. (Chronos)
Dark-terror = Fear of the dark ( black hole ) His void on his face gives him the power to control time.

I was going to use the name Facelessvoid but it was taken. :(

Nice tread BTW

Cyriah
01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Ciara + Mariah = Ciriah?
Not sure lol, I just like how it sounds :D

TechniShock
01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Technishock: lightning looks cool with gears. And I like techy stuff.

The Sadness
01-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Thesadness: I quit PL for a short period of time, needed new name.
Thehappiness: I guess she was happy I came back. :D

Noodleleg
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Lol, I actually eat rice much more :)...

Randomguy
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Lol, I actually eat rice much more :)...

you should make a toon called riceleg
idk how your leg can be like rice..

Noodleleg
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
you should make a toon called riceleg (no sense)

Or Riceforlife

Randomguy
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
or ricewithsoysauce if there is space

25thninja
01-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Ofwgkta

YES:triumphant::surprise::cheerful::redface::redfa ce::cool::cool::banana::vD:

Oskitopee
01-07-2013, 09:03 PM
when I was like 8, i was making an account for runescape (lol i was so young :)) i button mashed something, and out of the mess sprawled the most epic, most ELITE name to ever be whispered in Alterra-
Oskitopee(aw-skih-two-pee)

Aracnus
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
This thread died down for a little bit.. I guess i could tell the inspiration for my name:

I was a Golden SUn player back in the day of GameBoy.. and i decided to buy the new Golden Sun for Nintendo DS since i game on most devices. I always loved Alex from the GameBoy ones, and when i discovred he was Arcanus in the new one.. I thought i should use this name for an amazing MMO! So.. to not steal the name from the game.. I used Aracnus!

And that's how my "epic" name was put into existence, lol

Randomguy
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
how i got my nameS
waebahki random computer generated means sandals in japanese i think many ppl i met said it did

Rusher-i like dat name my fav:)

challenges- came to my head

incorporation-also random

others i forgot...

Yich
01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Or Riceforlife

Riceforrife*

LwMark
01-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Idk if i posted but

PL:
LwMark-
Lw = lakeworth fl
Mark = my name

dudetus
01-08-2013, 05:39 AM
My IG name originates from a thing I saw in a movie.

dudetus? Idk.

Doodlebeast
01-08-2013, 07:04 AM
This thread died down for a little bit.. I guess i could tell the inspiration for my name:

I was a Golden SUn player back in the day of GameBoy.. and i decided to buy the new Golden Sun for Nintendo DS since i game on most devices. I always loved Alex from the GameBoy ones, and when i discovred he was Arcanus in the new one.. I thought i should use this name for an amazing MMO! So.. to not steal the name from the game.. I used Aracnus!

Golden sun is better than PL, it's da boss!

Doodlebeast
01-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Doodlebeast - unknown
Onyxbleak - unknown
Magnabeam - unknown
Hollowshell - idk?
Vacuole - it's a cell!

Caiahar
01-08-2013, 06:01 PM

No WONDER!!! I always thought your name should've been arcanus!

Deathandtax
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Deathandtax (Bird) Because the only two sure things in life are death and taxes...
Guildmistress (Mage) Made this character to be master of my guild when my main had to be elsewhere. It seemed appropriate. ;P
Wrathandruin (Rhino) From the scene in Lord of the Rings when the riders of Rohan attack the orcs besieging Gondor. "Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"
Fredomfighter. (Ranger) Surprised no one took this name... Even though there's no room to spell freedom properly.
Cloberingtime (Warrior) I found out that the bears can get a vanity face that makes them look like The Thing from Fantastic Four, so I just had to make him!
IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!!!! :)

Vilified
01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
MassAtrocity- an object of cruel or wicked nature, just a definition because a lot of people think its made up

MassInsanity

MassConfusion

MassInferno

I've been using mass in my gamer tags for years because I think it's a cool word and also diverse enough to add almost anything to the end. it can mean an object, short for massive, or also more in spanish

MarcusPheonix- because I'm an avid gears of war fan have been since the first one
(Ranked 297 out of around 3million on warzone leader boards XD)

Caiahar
01-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I got my mains archer name (caiahar) by pressing random names, and then pressed go. The thing is, I never pICKED caiahar. As soon as I pressed random, I pressed go.
Others:
Mage Stormrous: Well, since there are spells like firestorm, ice storm, and lightning from the sky. Sort of like the king of storms.
Bear Doomdroid: I made him for pvp and I thought, androids are half robot and half human. I thought half bear half robot that brings doom.
Fox Vixendroid: basically above, half fox and robot.
Rhino Metadroid: Droid as above. Half rhino and robot. And meta is one of my favorite character from another video game.

skrapicoco
01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Guess where mine came from? :)

Xyzther
01-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Idk... I ramdomly thought of Xyzther one day and just rolled with it...

Ancient
01-10-2013, 05:43 PM
I used to play Runescape, and I loved the Ancients spell book, hahah

Vilified
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Guess where mine came from? :)

You do not mess with the zohan =P