PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback]: L41 Elondria Warfare Recurve Bow of Potency

Zeus
07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Hey all,

I'm just going to give a short, quick, and concise review for the L41 Elondrian Warfare Recurve Bow of Potency to those that are looking to purchase or loot one.

Expedition Recurve of Potency vs. Elondrian Recurve of Potency:
When comparing the two bows, the Elondrian Recurve of Potency showed around a ~90 damage increase depending on the gems that one has in the Expedition Recurve when compared to the Elondrian Recurve. So, the stat increase can be measured as even higher than the damage boost one receives when wearing an arcane ring! If you want a damage/cost increase - the bow is a good choice for bang to buck.

Proc:
Now, unlike the preview description shown to us - courtesy of developers, this bow can also proc the Elondrian Bush on an uncharged attack. The Elondrian Bush will heal roughly 200-250 health per tick and it lasts about 4-5 ticks (I will go back and edit the post on the exact number).

When an enemy steps inside the bush, it does ~100 damage ticks that do not have the ability to crit for 4-5 ticks as well. When I have the time, I will bring a more accurate figure. However, I just wanted to post the thread right now in-case anyone is on the fence of purchasing one or going with previous tier weapons.

Health Regeneration:
The auto attack from bow will heal roughly 1-2% of your health depending on if the damage is a critical hit or a regular hit. Now, this may not seem like much but when put into perspective of pets like Samael and effects like Bulwark proc and/or Elondrian proc, one can gain roughly 5% hp every 1-2 seconds! That's amazing!

Proc Rate:
The uncharged attack is much much much lower in proc rate. When using the charged attack, I noticed the proc was about 1/5 chance, perhaps a little higher. I will edit this section with more concise and accurate testing for the fanatics out there. Overall, it's worth charging the bow!

Overall Thoughts:
The bow is very worth it. It completely outstrips daggers and the expedition bow! If one is worried about the health loss faced when using the bow, elondrian shards are a lovely solution. They will return you to previous health stats without suffering much of a damage loss.

Gem Recommendation:

There are two types of gems I would recommend in this bow: Tarlok Wisdom Gems & Elondrian Shards. Fire gems do work just fine but at these insane levels of damage, you will not notice the damage loss. Instead, one will most likely be looking for more durability.

My gem of choice: Elondrian shard.

If anyone has any questions or criticisms, they are welcome to post so long as they are not flaming. :)

supersyan
07-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Unlimited HP bow

Ravager
07-03-2014, 02:50 PM
I recommend only using elondrian shards on cheaper items. In rogues case, the amulet. Then you can have 2 loadouts. You need 2 of the particular amulet. One with elondrian. One with wind or fire or whatever dmg based gem you want. That way when you want max damage, its an easy switch.

Zeus
07-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I recommend only using elondrian shards on cheaper items. In rogues case, the amulet. Then you can have 2 loadouts. You need 2 of the particular amulet. One with elondrian. One with wind or fire or whatever dmg based gem you want. That way when you want max damage, its an easy switch.

Yes, I thought of that as well but in my case, I use the wilds amulet with super Tarlok wind gems for added mp. Additionally, you'd be missing out on a potential 110HP if you use a wild amulet due to legendary items only have two crafting slots available.

Energizeric
07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I can't speak for other classes, but for sorcerers I just don't see the elondrian shards as useful.

A perfect blood gem gives 6 STR, resulting in 60 hp and adding 42 damage points to your shield absorption, for a total of 102 extra health.

So to surpass that, you would need a perfect elondrian shard, and even then you would only end up with a couple of extra health points. It doesn't seem worth the investment or time.

But for rogues, I could see how these could be useful since you have no shield. But I think tarlok gems are still better.

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Any bulwark info you can give me Zeus? The most that I've gotten so far is; "It sucks dude. The pavise proc is way better." And, I haven't heard anything at all regarding the new gun.

Impact
07-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Hopefully price drops 75% so i can buy it.... So worth it :(

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Hopefully price drops 75% so i can buy it.... So worth it :(
I wouldn't bet on this

Visiting
07-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Short my butt :p, but good feedback on something I'm never gonna get, me gusta Parf :)

Anarchist
07-03-2014, 04:56 PM
#PvP tip

Run from the guys with either mythic bows or arcane rings. Evaporate from the ones with both.

Kakashis
07-03-2014, 05:29 PM
thanks for the review! any pictures of the proc?

Zeus
07-03-2014, 05:34 PM
thanks for the review! any pictures of the proc?

Ya, I'll get it to you later today when I put the finishing touches on the review. :)

Impact
07-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Great cant wait for super skilled mythic and arcanes to 2 shot...

Zeus
07-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Ya, I'll get it to you later today when I put the finishing touches on the review. :)

Here's the proc!

@impact
I already one hit. I think I pulled a 5k crit on a Mage, if not higher (fully geared).

Azepeiete
07-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Double mythic chance.
3 weeks long.
Holiday Weekend coming.
Thousands of elondrian crates popped per hour.
Expect everyone with 10m to be able to one shot in tdm.

P.s. Ive hit 5500+ on a mage without the bow, expect 7k+. It has a 10% skill dmg increase.

Cesliz
07-04-2014, 01:43 AM
I'm a tank with a bit over 2k armor with magma sword and no armor pet, I've already seen a couple of those bows in pvp and I would say I already know what mages felt, if you don't heal and jugg fast you're done in a combo of charged bow, aim and pierce.
Now mages are even more done, not even shield will help them. This is just my experience.

Azemen
07-04-2014, 01:47 AM
How low do you expect the prices of the bow to drop? At these current prices, I'm never going to afford one. If it was only 10-15 mill, yes. But 30M is a dream! :(

utpal
07-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Haha yeah. endgame rogues have upprhand here, but
in twink warriors using Druid of will set has high HP, mana and armour lol. if it is crafted with eshards tthen OP.

twink lvl: war
endgame: rogue
RIP mage

Azepeiete
07-04-2014, 11:29 AM
It might drop as low as 10m azemen keep your hopes up.

Azepeiete
07-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Zeus can i ask how much health is added?

Zeus
07-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Zeus can i ask how much health is added?

I'm at 4k health with arcane ring on and 1 non super tarlok wind gem in bow (other 2 slots are empty). I'll let you know the health that is added when going from expedition potency to this bow shortly.

Azepeiete
07-04-2014, 01:55 PM
I mean with the elondrian shards.

Bless
07-04-2014, 03:55 PM
I mean with the elondrian shards. 54 (114 super) per slot.

Serancha
07-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Just for interest's sake. Here is a comparison. Equipped is a perfect (fire gems) expedition bow of potency, and highlighted is a perfect (also fire gems) Elondrian Warfare Recurve Bow of Potency. The pets equipped for each comparison are noted below the appropriate image.

Other gear equipped is a mythic set, mythic ring and talisman of potency, all perfect with fires.

Azemen
07-08-2014, 03:46 PM
What are the stat differences between a clean mythic bow and a perfect bow?

Zeus
07-08-2014, 03:55 PM
What are the stat differences between a clean mythic bow and a perfect bow?

That's more of a gem question than a bow question. To answer your question, compare a clean magmatic daggers of brutality to a super magmatic daggers of brutality and then add the math of one more super gem and you will have your answer. :)