PDA

View Full Version : Living Spirit or Ancient Druid, which is better?

Energizeric
07-03-2014, 05:35 PM
So it seems like nobody is sure which is better as I can see the prices in the auction are all over the place.

It seems like the Ancient Druid gives you more health/mana, but the Living Spirit gives you slightly higher base stats and some health/mana regen. Any thoughts or do you think they are about equal?

I also can't figure out which one looks better, all brown (living spirit) or brown/green (ancient druid).

Reunegade
07-03-2014, 05:37 PM
I like Living Spirit because of the looks and the stats.

Tendirin
07-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Living spirit

Wutzgood
07-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Not sure about other classes but the Mage Druid security set is much better than living spirit security one. I hit over 1400 armor with it. It's the only useful one I've seen of them all for Mage tho.

Energizeric
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Not sure about other classes but the Mage Druid security set is much better than living spirit security one. I hit over 1400 armor with it. It's the only useful one I've seen of them all for Mage tho.

Actually the Living Spirit Security set has slightly higher armor (a couple of points higher I believe). But you don't get the +150 bonus health, instead you get +2 INT and +2 STR which gives you 26 health and 21 extra health points absorbable by the shield. So if you add both of those up, you still end up with 100 points less health. But you do get +2 health regen, +1 mana regen, and a couple more damage points. I wonder which one is better. I'm having trouble making up my mind.

And then I wonder if the Brutality set is better or not. Lower armor, but higher damage.

Crowsfoot
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Looking purely at the usefulness of the regen versus base HP increase:

Rogue: Druid

Mage: Druid

Warrior: Doesn't really matter.

Wutzgood
07-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Actually the Living Spirit Security set has slightly higher armor (a couple of points higher I believe). But you don't get the +150 bonus health, instead you get +2 INT and +2 STR which gives you 26 health and 21 extra health points absorbable by the shield. So if you add both of those up, you still end up with 100 points less health. But you do get +2 health regen, +1 mana regen, and a couple more damage points. I wonder which one is better. I'm having trouble making up my mind.

And then I wonder if the Brutality set is better or not. Lower armor, but higher damage.

When I compared them living spirit had only 3 armor higher and .3 damage and dps higher at the cost of 150 health. 3 armor and not even a point of damage is not worth the 150 health. Druid is much better.

Energizeric
07-03-2014, 05:58 PM
When I compared them living spirit had only 3 armor higher and .3 damage and dps higher at the cost of 150 health. 3 armor and not even a point of damage is not worth the 150 health. Druid is much better.

Good point. It's tough to quantify the usefulness of the health and mana regen. When I pvp I don't use lifegiver, so the regen could be useful in between clashes, although I wonder if the amount is so low if it would make any real difference.

Picklee
07-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Idk guys i rally like Druid

Wutzgood
07-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Ok just double checked it's .6 damage, .8 dps and 3 armor(living) or 120 health (Druid) for Mage security sets.

Madnex
07-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Ancients all the way. Regen isn't even noticeable unless you pair it up with a high HP/MP regen pet from season 1-2 (those make you lose other more important base stats though).

Busterbiebe
07-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Both of them lower my stats so I don't use them :P

ShannKey
07-03-2014, 07:55 PM
I like the look of Druid for my warrior but Spirit for use. I'm currently using hybrid of the two. Druid potency/will armor and Spirit assault/will helm depending on what I'm doing. I'm about to swtich around to see which is better armor helm combo. I belive Druid armor since more health and mana for armor than helm.

Reunegade
07-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Spirit looks better than Druid IMO.

Impact
07-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Spirit looks better than Druid IMO.
But druid bes stats and most hide gear anyways lawls

epicrrr
07-03-2014, 11:16 PM
This is under heavy debate on low level pvp, but imo i like Ancient better, those 2/1 hp/mana regen for living are kinda slow theyre soft points while ancient gives 150/150 a solid number much needed in vs or group fight.

or heck why not get both! :D

Blindness
07-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Druid anytime. More health and mana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xeusx
07-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Ancient druid, if you can make perfect ancient druid, let the druid OPness begin.

Legallyblonde
07-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Spirit for looks druid for hp IMO

Ishtmeet
07-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Ancient druid for tanks, doesn't matter much for PvE.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

utpal
07-04-2014, 02:00 AM
living spirit of will set is best for pve war.

I saw mythic war getting one shot from Helena lol ssince they have armour below 2k. XD.

but when she hits me with her one shot skill. my hp remains to 20-30%.
my stats using living spirit of will set without pet.
5.8k HP (ik HP low, set is not gemmed, gonna gem with eshards)

2.3k armour (conqueror wall)

I use prance at her.

so to those war that are getting one shot,
maintain 6k+ hp and 2.2k+ armour. (use CS, to feeble her)

Haligali
07-04-2014, 02:58 AM
Druid is very op on low lvls cuz of wrong scale, especially on <lvl10.

About helena, her one shot lvl41 attack brings down my warrior hp to 84% from 100% on lvl7, very easy to solo with warrior. You can just stand right before her, without worry about everything.

utpal
07-04-2014, 06:45 AM
About helena, her one shot lvl41 attack brings down my warrior hp to 84% from 100% on lvl7.

what does it means? lvl41 attack on lvl7 war?????

Jantroy
07-04-2014, 06:58 AM
what does it means? lvl41 attack on lvl7 war?????

He means that in his lvl 41 char. Helena one hits it, while on his lvl 7 char it ony does minimal damage

Hectororius
07-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Mythics.

And thanks for the Conqueror wall tip, should help prevent the 1hits even better.

Morholt
07-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I compared a little of of the lower lvl stuff. Druid seemed better than living.

Alhuntrazeck
07-04-2014, 08:21 PM
I like Ancient Druidic of Brut - gem it with HP shards and you've got some serious stats. My HP goes up about 300 points from the mythic helm and -16 damage which I can live with. Lets me hit 4.1k HP with 450 damage, the low damage being more than compensated for by the high HP. Bear in mind this is my HP build, I would not dare TDM or FFA with this; its my clash build :p

Energizeric
07-04-2014, 09:27 PM
I like Ancient Druidic of Brut - gem it with HP shards and you've got some serious stats. My HP goes up about 300 points from the mythic helm and -16 damage which I can live with. Lets me hit 4.1k HP with 450 damage, the low damage being more than compensated for by the high HP. Bear in mind this is my HP build, I would not dare TDM or FFA with this; its my clash build :p

The shards don't seem like a good idea for sorcerers, here is why:

Let's compare a shard to a blood gem:

A perfect blood gem gives 6 STR, which results in 60 hp. It also causes your shield to absorb 42 more damage points. So a perfect blood gem buffs you for a total of 102 points.

A perfect shard will give you 113 health

That means you are spending 30x the price for 11 extra health. I suppose for a super wealthy player that would be a good idea, but I think your gold is better spent on other upgrades.

Also, few sorcerers even go with blood gems, most go with glacial gems. A grand glacial gem will give you 18 health, 4-5 damage, and will cause shield to absorb 21 more damage points. So basically you extend your health 39 points and have 4-5 damage.

And if you really want to go all out, a grand tarlok wisdom gem will give 3 STR & 5 INT, which will result in 45 health, 4 damage, and will cause your shield to absorb 39 more damage points. So you extend your health by 84 points and get about 4 extra damage. Most would say this is much better than the shard.

Wutzgood
07-05-2014, 12:44 PM
The shards don't seem like a good idea for sorcerers, here is why:

Let's compare a shard to a blood gem:

A perfect blood gem gives 6 STR, which results in 60 hp. It also causes your shield to absorb 42 more damage points. So a perfect blood gem buffs you for a total of 102 points.

A perfect shard will give you 113 health

That means you are spending 30x the price for 11 extra health. I suppose for a super wealthy player that would be a good idea, but I think your gold is better spent on other upgrades.

Also, few sorcerers even go with blood gems, most go with glacial gems. A grand glacial gem will give you 18 health, 4-5 damage, and will cause shield to absorb 21 more damage points. So basically you extend your health 39 points and have 4-5 damage.

And if you really want to go all out, a grand tarlok wisdom gem will give 3 STR & 5 INT, which will result in 45 health, 4 damage, and will cause your shield to absorb 39 more damage points. So you extend your health by 84 points and get about 4 extra damage. Most would say this is much better than the shard.

This is true if you have shield but for someone like me that doesn't use shield the health gems are much better for a tanking set. With those I should have around 5k health on my Mage with dragon scale of will set. An that's with normal gems not super.

Energizeric
07-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Good point. I guess my mind is always in PvP LOL

Alhuntrazeck
07-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Even in PvP, in a clash a mage's shield breaks in a while because it can only absorb so much damage or only last for so long. After that, its good to have as much HP as you can because if you get hit by a rogue its GG if you don't have that high HP.

Of course, Arcane staffs don't have that problem :)

Energizeric
07-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Even in PvP, in a clash a mage's shield breaks in a while because it can only absorb so much damage or only last for so long. After that, its good to have as much HP as you can because if you get hit by a rogue its GG if you don't have that high HP.

Of course, Arcane staffs don't have that problem :)

Yes, but the shield will break sooner without the STR points. So it doesn't really matter if the extra points are part of the shield or part of your health, you still can take the same amount of damage before dying.

The only time the health points matter more than the shield points is when your shield is on cool down and you get surprised attacked by a rogue. Perhaps the extra points would help you to not die immediately and have a chance to fight back.

Though it just seems like the extra cost would not be worth the investment unless you have all max gear and just have extra gold to spend. For me, until I get Samael and an arcane ring, I'm not wasting money on small insignificant upgrades.

Bless
07-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Good point. I guess my mind is always in PvP LOL You seldom PvP -.-

Energizeric
07-05-2014, 11:17 PM
You seldom PvP -.-

I did tons of PvP during May & June. I think we just play at different times because I don't see you very often. Also, I usually do TDM as I'm not really very good on the CTF map. I like wide open spaces. The walls and hallways favor warriors as you cannot really kite someone with walls in the way.