PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else today feeling laggy?

ChillyPepper
07-03-2014, 06:55 PM
all day laggin today... ping wont go lower than 600 [emoji17] anyone else feels some lagg? [emoji3] or is it just meh?

Zeus
07-03-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm sure other people feel lag as well but it's most likely their device, router, ISP, wiring, or location.

Picklee
07-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Dude my lag has been crazy since this update, idk if its like ironic timing or if everyone is having this?

ChillyPepper
07-03-2014, 11:33 PM
lol i think that servers are just lil laggy because lot people playing now... everyone i play with seems to have lag too [emoji21]

lowratehitman
07-03-2014, 11:40 PM
I keep getting DC and its the main source that makes my kdr worst and my teammates

Sirnoobalot
07-03-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm sure other people feel lag as well but it's most likely their device, router, ISP, wiring, or location.
It could be from server end too.
Yea so much lag after the event update.

Zeus
07-04-2014, 12:07 AM
It could be from server end too.
Yea so much lag after the event update.

It could be but it is not.

Iliketolol
07-04-2014, 12:34 AM
i experience ping spikes after update.

Edit: noob keyboard @@.

ChillyPepper
07-04-2014, 02:57 AM
It could be but it is not.
not for all people but ya... looks like a ton of people are witnessing this lag [emoji53]

utpal
07-04-2014, 08:00 AM
yes I also get ping spikes mainly when alot vines spawn when fighting with Helena.

I use Airtel 3g so, it shouldn't be that much slow as its download speed is atleast 500KB/s

Zeus
07-04-2014, 09:07 AM
not for all people but ya... looks like a ton of people are witnessing this lag [emoji53]

They have one server in West Virginia...we'd all be experiencing lag if there was a server issue. Instead of putting the blame somewhere else, figure out what is wrong on your side first.

To maintain a constant stable connection to the server, you need good bandwidth and stability which most internet companies do not offer. Download and upload speeds make a negligible difference.

ChillyPepper
07-04-2014, 09:12 AM
They have one server in West Virginia...we'd all be experiencing lag if there was a server issue. Instead of putting the blame somewhere else, figure out what is wrong on your side first.

To maintain a constant stable connection to the server, you need good bandwidth and stability which most internet companies do not offer. Download and upload speeds make a negligible difference.

well im using wifi and my connection mostly is stable @ 170 ping... after this last update im 600+... im in east europe btw.

Otahaanak
07-04-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm assuming it's a hosted cluster environment and without knowing the specifics of the architecture, things like flash cache and iops load, can make huge difference in the performance. I have a terrific connection and often see yellow ping nowadays.

I figure it is more related to the server load, but sometimes it is my kid using face time :rolleyes:

Likely STS had an SLA with their provider (I assume it's Amazon?) and I'm sure they are monitoring performance and can beef up the cluster on the fly if the $$ return justifies it.