PDA

View Full Version : They need to raise the drop rate for Ancient Swamps!

KingFu
05-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I have been playing the Ancient Swamps lately and although on some level there are quite a few bosses there are very few pink or/or purple drops. They should raise the drop rate because all I have gotten are whites, yellows, and 1 or 2 greens!

Ajeje
05-10-2010, 09:24 AM
My personal opinion is that if they raise drop rate we will wear all the same.
It is ok for me, probably less drop rate is better ;-)
Bye

oNinja Ryaka
05-10-2010, 09:27 AM
The drop rate depends on luck and on how many characters are currently in the game
5 People- 5%
4 people- 8%
3 people- 10%
2 people- 12%
1 person-15%

Royce
05-10-2010, 09:29 AM
The drop rate depends on luck and on how many characters are currently in the game
5 People- 5%
4 people- 8%
3 people- 10%
2 people- 12%
1 person-15%

I don't think that is the case. One of the devs posted recently that drop rate has been fixed so that it does not depend on number of players. A single player has the same chance of getting loot in any given dungeon run whether they are solo or in a group of 5. You will of course get more stuff running in a group since you can clear the dungeons more quickly.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1304-The-dilemma-of-an-appropriate-looting-system&p=10988&viewfull=1#post10988

oNinja Ryaka
05-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Why thank you for telling me, my good sir.

Xanthia
05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
The drop rate is perfect!! It does not need fixed at all. If they make items drop more, then everyone will have pinks again and the game will not be balanced.

Brollus
05-10-2010, 01:33 PM
THe drop rate is fine where it is and by leaving it as is only the really dedicated will have the best gear.

Banned
05-10-2010, 02:05 PM
The drop rate right now is perfect. I love going to Towne and seeing no one wearing the same equips as me. It makes me feel ultra super mega fantabulous.

Leach
05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Love the drop rate. Wouldn't mind a slight stat increase on rare drops.

Flamin
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Love the drop rate. Wouldn't mind a slight stat increase on rare drops.

I agree.
_________

Royce
05-10-2010, 02:15 PM
The drop rate could be a wee bit better, but it's not terrible. I agree that top level items should be slightly better relative to their more common counterparts. I also feel like there is a huge gap between drops of greens and purples. I get a ton of greens, almost as many as I get yellows. I get very few purples, almost exactly as few as I get pinks. Maybe the rate of purple drops could be boosted a little?

nerdherd
05-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I'd say the overall drop rate is pretty good right now, but it would be nice to see one of two things:
1. Increase purple and pink drops a little, but I emphasize...just a LITTLE. I don't want it anywhere near where it used to be.
OR
2. Make purple and pink stats so amazingly awesome that it makes them being so rare completely worth it. Since good drops are more rare I am very happy when I get them, until I see that that stats aren't very good. For example, I got a lvl 35 purple sword from the swamps and I was so happy until I saw that it had 15 dps LESS than my lvl 30 weapon. I haven't checked the DPS post-patch today though, maybe that's been upped.

Ogediah
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I'd say the overall drop rate is pretty good right now, but it would be nice to see one of two things:
1. Increase purple and pink drops a little, but I emphasize...just a LITTLE. I don't want it anywhere near where it used to be.
OR
2. Make purple and pink stats so amazingly awesome that it makes them being so rare completely worth it. Since good drops are more rare I am very happy when I get them, until I see that that stats aren't very good. For example, I got a lvl 35 purple sword from the swamps and I was so happy until I saw that it had 15 dps LESS than my lvl 30 weapon. I haven't checked the DPS post-patch today though, maybe that's been upped.

Agreed. I want legendary legendary, meaning I may have never seen one before, but I also want them so good that it is worth the days of looting it takes to find them. Right now legendary item are hardly a better then their counterparts.

On a side note... Alot of items in the swamp are beautiful, but so far have seemed to have terrible stats. Maybe this is just the decreased drop rate that makes it seem that way.

LordRaid
05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Although the drop rate is a bit low, I think it's great.

Only the players who're willing to grind for the select item of their choice will receive it, rewarding them for their efforts. Better looting system IMO.

HOWEVER, for some of the pink/purple drops (and green, for that matter, considering some are as good as the legendary and epic loot), the really rare, high leveled items should have a slight stat bonus increase, just to make them worth working for.

KongsNutz
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
It's fine.

I don't have any..... but it should be Rares are Rares....... end of story.

Banned
05-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Although the drop rate is a bit low, I think it's great.

Only the players who're willing to grind for the select item of their choice will receive it, rewarding them for their efforts. Better looting system IMO.

HOWEVER, for some of the pink/purple drops (and green, for that matter, considering some are as good as the legendary and epic loot), the really rare, high leveled items should have a slight stat bonus increase, just to make them worth working for.

Agreed. My level 30 Snipers Bone Tunic has the exact same stats as my level 35 Snipers Croc Scale Leather except an increase in armor. That doesn't seem very legendary >_<.

Flamin
05-10-2010, 08:23 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?749-The-New-Ideas-And-All-Ideas

This might be a solution to the problem:

There should be even more rare items that are blue, red, black, and Gold/yellow.
Items sorted by quality and rareness:
Grey = Trash
White = Common
Uncommon = Orange
Green = Rare
Purple = Epic
Pink = Legendary (the pink needs to be a brighter pink so people can more easily tell difference between purple and pink)
Red = Mythical
Bright Blue = Magnificent
Black = Unconprehendable
Bright Pale Yellow (or Gold) = Unimaginable

Ogediah
05-10-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?749-The-New-Ideas-And-All-Ideas

This might be a solution to the problem:

There should be even more rare items that are blue, red, black, and Gold/yellow.
Grey = Trash
White = Common
Uncommon = Orange
Green = Rare
Purple = Epic
Pink = Legendary (the pink needs to be a brighter pink so people can more easily tell difference between purple and pink)
Red = Mythical
Black = Unconprehendable/Unconcievable

i think the "legendary" idea is the idea that the game is pocket legends. Not to mention legendary kind of already implies "godly" status.

Flamin
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Ok, then just put legendary at the end. Like this:

Grey = Trash
White = Common
Uncommon = Orange
Green = Rare
Purple = Epic
Red = Mythical
Black = Unconprehendable

Flamin
05-11-2010, 10:54 AM

Grey = Trash
White = Common
Uncommon = Orange
Green = Rare
Purple = Epic
Red = Mythical
Black = Unconprehendable

Devs please consider implementing this idea, and post a poll to see if people like the idea or not.

Endless
05-11-2010, 11:16 AM
That's a lot of colors. People will be running around like The Rock screaming, "Can you taste the rainbow!?!"

All silliness aside, bumping the stats up on equipment that is already listed as legendary seems a better fix. Then rare items will seem more appealing. Bind on pickup may also be a good idea. Then everybody won't be running around with the same items. It will also give people a reason to run the maps themselves since some items can only be acquired by that particular character.

Not to mention the brag factor. "I ran Alien Oasis a bazillion times just to get the Sniper's Probe of Legend."

SlipperyJim
05-11-2010, 11:26 AM
That's a lot of colors. People will be running around like The Rock screaming, "Can you taste the rainbow!?!"
Yeah, too many colors. My inventory would look like a bad acid trip. :p

All silliness aside, bumping the stats up on equipment that is already listed as legendary seems a better fix. Then rare items will seem more appealing. Bind on pickup may also be a good idea. Then everybody won't be running around with the same items. It will also give people a reason to run the maps themselves since some items can only be acquired by that particular character.
"Bind-on-pickup" = No More Trading

Seriously, if the best items can't be traded, it would basically kill the budding trade economy that PL has right now. Considering that the Devs have put some effort into adding gifting (v1.1) and secure trade (the upcoming v1.2) into the game, I'm unsure why they would want to squash the trade economy. :confused:

Not to mention the brag factor. "I ran Alien Oasis a bazillion times just to get the Sniper's Probe of Legend."
Ahem. I don't think I want that particular pink.... ;)

Endless
05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
"Bind-on-pickup" = No More Trading

Seriously, if the best items can't be traded, it would basically kill the budding trade economy that PL has right now. Considering that the Devs have put some effort into adding gifting (v1.1) and secure trade (the upcoming v1.2) into the game, I'm unsure why they would want to squash the trade economy. :confused:

I wouldn't want every item to be Bind on Pickup. Just a few here and there to give a particular class a reason to fight a certain boss. I'm all for trading btw. But how can something be rare when you can find it up for trade everyday? How about it's rare because only a few people have it and only a few of them were able to equip it.

FeralDruid
05-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Instead of Bind on Pickup, Bind on Equip.

Obliteration
05-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Grey = Trash
White = Common
Uncommon = Orange
Green = Rare
Purple = Epic
Red = Mythical
Black = Unconprehendable

Cool but way to complex for this MMO.
Maybe add Red as the rarest.

RedRyder
05-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Leave the drop rates alone. Increase the stats more like everyones been saying.

The End.