PDA

View Full Version : PUGs are dead... unless something is changed

Milan Lame Man
07-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Everyone found that problem during Goblin event - when you PUG, there's always someone in basic or bronze tier, and you get crappy boss, so we had to solo most of it. Good luck warriors.
Now it has changed, it looks like the first to enter decides the boss. Sadly, by pure probability, there will always be more people on lower tier than on higher tier. Even though the more advanced bosses give more points, it feels like PUGging is not a good idea, again.

Also, my lv16 got into a map with lv20 warrior, lv18 rogue and another lv16 sorc (who later disconnected). The warrior kept dying all the time, and the rest of us had a pretty hard time killing Helena.

Another instance, there was a naked, bare handed warrior. I wonder what he thought but if we had a hard boss, I would be VERY upset.

So... unless there is some obvious advantage added to PUGging soon, it's pretty much dead. And without it, new players will have a hard time enjoying the game.

Suggested solutions:
1. tighten the level bracket for random joins, I don't mind waiting 3 more seconds for someone to join
2. add damage+health+armor to the bracket conditions
3. highest tier decides what boss will appear
4. all of the above :-)

epicrrr
07-03-2014, 11:12 PM
The #3 looks reasonable.

well if youre the casual player you'll probably be in a guild by name, why do public runs?