PDA

View Full Version : Tips to PUG Helena as an lv41 warrior (?)

Milan Lame Man
07-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Ok I suck at any class, warrior in particular, so can anyone offer tips on fighting Helena with a lv41 warrior?
Problems:
1. I don't get aggro with windmill, she kills others first, then me.
2. I cannot cast Horn fast enough, always 0.1s late

So my current strategy is just pot with Horn charged and wait for the "arrow shaped tell", then release. I can end out a few hits and then charge horn ASAP.
It feels stupid but kinda works.
Any better strategy? I will use CS instead of WM next time but I doubt it will help. Also I am not sure why I don't get the aggro from her, I am always so close I feel her breath, and using windmill during the targeting of roots.

Matutd
07-04-2014, 08:21 AM
my best tip: just leave, she's way too overpowered

toxorto
07-04-2014, 08:25 AM
When helana is ready to attack with the red zone just enabale ironbite's AA and use horn of renew.. If you want to keep the aggro use juggernaut its the best taunt..And you can use the same strategy on ursoth. [emoji41]

alexdroog
07-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Axe throw and popcorn with beer.
And hope that rogues hit helena and not the mobs...

Rhaindra
07-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Fighting with helena. I use juggernaut to buff my armor and CS to make her feeble.

grumpy
07-04-2014, 08:29 AM
I dont have much of a tip, but heres what I would do. I run SS, CS, VB, HoR. Use a 100% stun pet (like kelvin or george) or any panic pet (dovabear, slag, samael, clyde, orion)

In my experience, there isnt much you can do against her to speed up a fight, her HP is insane and all those vines and entangling roots really make this a long drawn out process at lvl41. However you MUST MUST MUST avoid her linear purple arrow attack (a straight red zone on the ground) which is a one hit KO to pretty much anything not shielded. I find she usually does this soon after her AoE party attack. As soon as you see a linear red patch on the ground, you must either stun/panic her or throw up charged HoR. (sometimes ill even have it charged on standby just in case, ESPECIALLY if im rooted). The worst is when she winds up for that attack and she roots you in the process, so you really have to time it well to survive. Her other attacks barely tickle and shouldnt be a concern.

Xeusx
07-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Fighting with helena. I use juggernaut to buff my armor and CS to make her feeble.
Juggernaut buff your health, not your armor.

Hectororius
07-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Actually the best pets against helena are armor reducing pets to speed up her death. and CS and WM together help reduce crit damage and also maintain taunt.

Rhaindra
07-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Juggernaut buff your health, not your armor.
Health??? Damage reduction. Its similar like armor.

Crowsfoot
07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I've been using HoR, VB, CS, and Axe against her. Use Kelvin as your pet and hope he's attacking her instead dof the roots when the one hit attack pops up. She doesn't one hit me so I don't worry there. If she is one hitting you, try jug.

Edit: o actually use HJ for the damage, armor, and crit debuff as well as the passive stun.

Milan Lame Man
07-04-2014, 10:07 AM
OK thanks all, I will try Jugg and CS, work in Ironbite timing and try Prance too.

- Hitting the weeds is always a problem, so I try to avoid pets and skills that only hit 1 target
- I'm not quite rich enough for Hammerjaw :-/
- I tried axe during last respec but could not figure out how to use it properly and everything seemed immune, so I didn't keep it.

Hectororius
07-04-2014, 10:38 AM
the Cheaper HJ passive is Ripmaw. Exact same, but the Happiness is lacking.

I tried Axe vs Helena, but found it to hit the weeds sometimes too. At least with WM it gets them all. Lots of strategies.

Xeusx
07-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Health??? Damage reduction. Its similar like armor.
Actually, if you can read the Juggernaut's description again, you will notice that Juggernaut is buffer of health.

Milan Lame Man
07-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Actually, if you can read the Juggernaut's description again, you will notice that Juggernaut is buffer of health.
The first upgrade on Juggernaut says:
While in Juggernaut you ignore a portion of incoming damage.
Ignore 20% of all incoming damage.

Please all, consider the issue of Jugg closed, to keep the thread on topic.

utpal
07-04-2014, 02:08 PM
use entombed hammer lv40.(elondrian gemmed)
use Loki (dovabear most recommended)
use Druid potency set(egem)
use archon of savy
use wild talisman

use hammer and windmill. always charged ur VB. use HoR when HP low.

dnt care for others (non warriors) . they will die no matter wat unless u shield them (but Helena use one hit arrow burst every after 5-7sec)
and u must survive as well deal super dmg. lol. otherwise Helena gets reset. u can use dovabear too (and is best for hammer guys).

And,
soloing for war is very easy with the above build. and gears and weapons.

Crowsfoot
07-04-2014, 02:18 PM
use entombed hammer lv40.(elondrian gemmed)
use Loki (dovabear most recommended)
use Druid potency set(egem)
use archon of savy
use wild talisman

use hammer and windmill. always charged ur VB. use HoR when HP low.

dnt care for others (non warriors) . they will die no matter wat unless u shield them (but Helena use one hit arrow burst every after 5-7sec)
and u must survive as well deal super dmg. lol. otherwise Helena gets reset. u can use dovabear too (and is best for hammer guys).

And,
soloing for war is very easy with the above build. and gears and weapons.
Letting your party die is a really bad plan.

utpal
07-04-2014, 02:26 PM
they will die anyway. unless there are 2 pro wars that synchronizes their HoR effectively.

even if there is one war, there should be good mage that knows to control vines XD not just shoot at Helena and die lol.

Waheedski
07-04-2014, 09:52 PM
I just stand in her face and do my best to keep her attention on me. I can take her best shot and then spam health back to 100%. I do this hoping the rogues and mages are not too tangled up in the vines. 100% stun pets are the best i.e Kelvin/George (I use Prance as it boosts my health and armour stats - it's not a 100% stun pet BTW). Timing the pet stun and HoR allows your party breathing space.

I hit her with charged WM and SS.

Amicusdei
07-04-2014, 10:15 PM
I stun w/George on her aimed shot, charged heal on the upward shot so we are shielded when the bombs drop.
Hopefully cooled down by the time the cycle starts again.

Ansm
07-04-2014, 10:27 PM
my best tip: just leave, she's way too overpowered
You're just wasting your energy. My Tip is, Just stay and don't move. Well, you can still move but just a little so the plants will not appear that much. Then spam your skills so that if Helena use her Power the other player will steal her attention and her power will ease. Goodluck

Goodfella
07-04-2014, 10:49 PM
The best thing at her is armor she doesnt one hit me i dont know wheres the problem i always survive her one hits when she crits than its a one hit but normally i survive with 15-25% so get your armor and hp up and use kelvin for stun thats the secret

Mcpastry
07-05-2014, 12:55 AM
If you can get a decent mage that is able to control the vines with clock, it makes the fight much more easier on the rest of the party.

toxorto
07-05-2014, 06:41 AM
I stun w/George on her aimed shot, charged heal on the upward shot so we are shielded when the bombs drop.
Hopefully cooled down by the time the cycle starts again.
Kelvin is better it have a shorter cool down...