PDA

View Full Version : Titles above our heads

Dizko
05-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I havn't decided if I like the idea myself yet - just throwing it out there.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9482/titleq.png

asommers
05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
You should mock up a towne full of players and titles!

This coming in a future update in some form or fashion (we were going to try to get it in for PvP rewards, but it just didn't make it). We didn't want to clutter the interface, plus we want to make sure when guilds come online, we don't have to rework things again.

-ALS

Dizko
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
You should mock up a towne full of players and titles!

No time. The croc's are running wild!

KongsNutz
05-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I will......... give me moment (said in foreign accent) ;P

K done:

http://i41.tinypic.com/15660x0.jpg

However I had an idea, maybe have a toggle in options to disable it and also to change between rank or guild.

Like you can see either rank title , guild name or none at all.

Second Idea:

Beside the names perhaps for PVP rewards have a little symbol.... this way you could have rank, guild or none but it would display reward symbols aswell.

Third Idea:

Your name text could change colours depending on title, this way people can be like OH.SHI!! your names "RED" this means you have killed 500 enemies in PVE story. Whilst still having GUILD under their names. plus the on-off toggle in options..... and a PVP reward symbol beside the name.

Violentsaint
05-11-2010, 09:00 PM
dear god at kongs mockup.... that would drive me crazy....
maybe have it when u tap on a person or have it underneith a persons name in the friends list screen.

i dont care enough about titles to see them on screen all the time.

what do you think devs? id go with having guild name and pvp k/d's when you touch a player.

i made a rough mockup of my idea, let me know what you think.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8635/mockupu.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/mockupu.jpg/)

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 09:07 PM
As much as I appreciate the effort you gave and time you spent to make that picture, IMO it is just way to much going on on such a small screen.

I think there should be three systems of "titles" however they really aren't titles.

When guilds are implemented, everyone in your guilds' name should be green to you.

If you hit a certain amount of kills in PvP, Your name is red to everyone (besides guild members, where it is green) - Could be other PvP rewards?

Anyone who doesn't have the required PvP requirement to be red, or isn't in your guild shows up the standard color we have now.

This gets rid of the clutter of numerous titles, which could be displayed on the avatar screen. On the game screen there should be as little wording as possible. The screen is just not big enough to fit it all legibly.

Violentsaint
05-11-2010, 09:15 PM
As much as I appreciate the effort you gave and time you spent to make that picture, IMO it is just way to much going on on such a small screen.
When guilds are implemented, everyone in your guilds' name should be green to you.

i like this idea, titles and little pictures would clutter the interface too much

KongsNutz
05-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Here's a mock-up with names being different colours depending on rank.

http://i40.tinypic.com/al1ycn.jpg

Obviously the standard blue = no ranks yet.

Thus eliminating th need for titles under names.

I still think a guild name should be displayed though. somehow

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Here's a mock-up with names being different colours depending on rank.

http://i40.tinypic.com/al1ycn.jpg

Obviously the standard blue = no ranks yet.

As I said I like just colored names, however to many colors will make things look ridiculous. I think you would have to stick to just a couple colors that mean certain things.

And just to nitpick :), Royal Blue really wouldn't work because that is the NPC color.

KongsNutz
05-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Theres only 6 colours in there....... IE, 6 ranks

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Theres only 6 colours in there....... IE, 6 ranks

I know, I am saying that is a lot of different colors which could be hurtful on the eyes. Plus remember some people have color-blindness so many colors mesh together. That is a problem with a lot of colors, and similar ones. That is why I suggested just a few different colors.

I'm not bashing your idea, just giving some ideas.

Xervitude
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
<AFK> tag would be nice

KongsNutz
05-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Here is a mok-up of the stat screen Idea i had.

http://i40.tinypic.com/nfhft4.jpg

Notice a Tab..link for Awards, so everyone can see.

PvP
05-11-2010, 09:51 PM
This is my suggestion, and I see it as simple as it can be. I don't want it to be confusing in anyway, they're JUST TITLES. So, for example, I believe if you have x amount of kills in PvP your name should be colored in 1 of 3 colors. 1st color (most common, white) - The player has below 1000 kills. 2nd color (less common, but still out there, might be red) - The player has 1000 kills or more. 3rd color (extremely rare; possibly black) - The player is in the top (100 for example) on the leaderboards. As for guild tags, I believe those should be only viewable under your name, only being able to see friendly clan tags on your head; OR make it so that guild names can only be 6 or less letters, and it won't cause a clutter, but don't display specific things like general; only display if your leader. I guess all that might be a bit confusing, but really its simple if you think about it.

Rebel
05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
The color idea isn't that bad, but I think it would need a few more colors than that and instead of putting for x amount of kills. Just do it for the ranking on the leaderboard.
As for guild tags. Do like WoW does. Put your guild name in paranthesis under your in game name.

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 10:11 PM
The color idea isn't that bad, but I think it would need a few more colors than that and instead of putting for x amount of kills. Just do it for the ranking on the leaderboard.
As for guild tags. Do like WoW does. Put your guild name in paranthesis under your in game name.

WoW idea causes way to many problems. You have 25 people in a town around the same area, all in guilds. Your screen would be FLOODED with words. This is a phone so you need to keep the screen as clean as possible, thus why I believe colored names are the best route.

Rebel
05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Good point. I guess guilds should just be put in you character page. I think there should be some way to see a person's guild without having to click on them though. Maybe have an option to turn on guild names if you want and then you can always turn them back off when your screen gets too flooded.

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Good point. I guess guilds should just be put in you character page. I think there should be some way to see a person's guild without having to click on them though. Maybe have an option to turn on guild names if you want and then you can always turn them back off when your screen gets too flooded.

I said before have one dedicated color that shows your guild members, so their name turns lets say green to you because they are in your guild. Also, when you visit a persons avatar screen they should have an entire statistical page that displays the guild you are in, PvP rank, kills/deaths in both PvM and PvP.

KongsNutz
05-11-2010, 10:25 PM
SO:

In instances:

Guild all one colour, all else colour of rank...... click them to see guild details if not your guild.

In townes:

Name colour is depending on rank only.... not guild colour.

In Player screen:

Details on player stats should be first screen with Guild Name only, second should be Guild/Pvp details.
On the Guild tab you should be able to see whos online, where they are level and join/invite them.

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 10:27 PM
SO:

In instances:

Guild all one colour, all else colour of rank...... click them to see guild details if not your guild.

In townes:

Name colour is depending on rank only.... not guild colour.

In Player screen:

Details on player stats should be first screen with Guild Name only, second should be Guild/Pvp details.
On the Guild tab you should be able to see whos online, where they are level and join/invite them.

Seems a little complex, one overall name color/title system would seem to be easier to understand.

I like the player screen though.

volrath
05-12-2010, 10:57 AM
i think it wold be nice at least when in battle.

Flamin
05-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I absolutely support this idea.

Sicarii
05-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Why not simplify it?

For guilds, i like the idea of everyone in the same guild showing up a certain color. Otherwise, i would say not to have all sorts of colors rainbowed all over. Tbh, a multitude of colors would make picking out specific colors more difficult anyhow.

As for titles, why not make it part of the name? For example, "Sicarii the <title>" That way, the titles are present but really don't add much more clutter than what is already in place. Also, i would suggest making an ability to choose what earned title you want displayed.

As for guild listings... We don't really need the full guild name showing up all over the place. Include a symbol to show that the person is guilded, and if we want to know WHAT guild, have it show up on the stats screen. If you really feel you MUST show guilds on the main screen, please provide us with a toggle to turn off the guild display from displaying on our screen if we choose. That way, we are not condemned to walking into town with a bajillion guild tags floating around that we don't care to see, for those of us who don't care to see it.

My main point of this post, however, is in making titles an extension to the name of the character, and giving a choice which earned title we wish displayed. Not only does that allow us to show off our accomplishments, but it adds yet antihero element of personalization to our character.

Dizko
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Thought I would ress this thread as some other threads have begun to talk about the same subject.