PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my archer :)

Erik_is_funny_lol
01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to forums and the game, and I was wondering why my archer keeps dieing when i attack a monster :(

Can anyone give a few good tips? Like really good ones?

Refriedchicken
01-07-2011, 02:45 PM
lol.

Are you playing solo, or in a group?

If you're playing solo, I suggest going to the lowest level dungeon possible(one that still gives experience).

By nature, Birds will die a lot due to low armor.

If you want to survive a bit longer, maybe a talon/wing combo, or upgrading your armour.

If you're in a group, stay behind the group, don't ever run out and pull the monsters first, let a bear do that.

Echelong
01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
one suggestion is kite and then kite some more.

Erik_is_funny_lol
01-07-2011, 03:03 PM
im playing solo, and i prefer bows because they have the longest range, no?

Also, what's kite?

Momae
01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Kite- Pulling the monster behind you Like a kite While you kill it :-)

[Lt] Shiny
01-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Depends what level are you and if you're pure or not. Just list your level and your Spec stages and we'll comment and give suggestions to them.

giayuan
01-15-2011, 05:17 PM
So when you attack a monster, it starts following you, right? It will start chasing you, but it will never catch you if you run while attacking. That is kiting.

Otukura
01-16-2011, 12:31 AM
So when you attack a monster, it starts following you, right? It will start chasing you, but it will never catch you if you run while attacking. That is kiting.

Unless it's fridge who freezes you and does one more hit to end you. >.>

sechs
01-21-2011, 02:26 AM
don't solo, it's safer and more fun to play as a team :)

Coltona
01-21-2011, 12:40 PM
plus when u play as a team u get more xp per kill but less gold

JackDonkey
01-21-2011, 08:11 PM
One tip I have for you going solo. Is don't stand still. That just makes the monster get more hits on you and will most likely kill you. So yes kite the monster and try to only take on one at a time.

Thedexarcher
01-24-2011, 11:54 PM
read my thread, it'll show you what type of archers are the best

DontNerfMeBro
02-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Kite- Pulling the monster behind you Like a kite While you kill it :-)

Yes, i'm bleeding nerdness all over this post but had to elaborate on the "kite" definition.

KITE is a loose acronym for the phrase, "kill in time" which is exactly what you're doing when you're baiting a mob while taking whittling hits at it. Besides, you don't actually PULL a kite if you're trying to fly it, do you?