PDA

View Full Version : New Mythic Bow proc

Bless
07-05-2014, 09:26 AM
I want to say that the new mythic bow is amazing, I love its proc especially! One thing that I would suggest for the proc is to improve its locationing.

At the moment the bush proc randomly spawns anywhere around the rogue - even behind her. This can get you killed in a pvp match; if you move away from the fight scene to stand in the bush then you are an easy target.

My proposal is to always position the proc in FRONT of the rogue (just like how the rogue's heal packs are positioned in front), and nowhere else, as shown in the picture. This is much better as we instantly know where to move when it procs.

Feedback and support appreciated, I hope this is changed :)

Bless
07-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Majorly annoying when it spawns behind you in pve since progress in the map is made by moving forward and killing mobs - not by moving back just to heal (and mobs probably won't even be behind you).

Crowsfoot
07-06-2014, 09:35 PM
It is an extremely powerful proc though. Would it become OP if the location of the proc was hard set?

+/-0 more information needed.

Candylicks
07-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Yeah +1 I noticed the same thing with the rogue I run with. Why does the bush proc behind ya? At minimal an explanation is needed on the mechanics of this. Good post Bless.

notfaded1
07-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Yeah +1 I noticed the same thing with the rogue I run with. Why does the bush proc behind ya? At minimal an explanation is needed on the mechanics of this. Good post Bless.

++1 I'm the rogue she's referring to and it is strange having it proc very often behind you or behind you off to the side. Thanks for bringing this up!

FluffNStuff
07-07-2014, 10:32 AM
A front proc would be better, since you want the damage to proc on the mobs. Not sure what a back proc does?

Benworushi
07-07-2014, 11:25 PM
if war weapon get this proc. i dont care its proc random spawns

will0
07-07-2014, 11:30 PM
lol @ ben +1, maybe sts design it to be that way ... already too op

Bless
07-08-2014, 12:58 AM
It is an extremely powerful proc though. Would it become OP if the location of the proc was hard set?

+/-0 more information needed Not as good as the Mage gun proc still. The heals do 230 and the dmg goes in hundreds - but it's infrequent (compared to the gun proc) because the gun has a faster auto attack than the bow.

What good would having a proc on the back do? It wouldn't reach players or mobs. It's as useless as having a maul proc spawn a mile away from the fight.

Bless
07-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Anymore feedback?

Most bow rogues agree. Please implement this.

Serancha
07-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Sorry I don't agree.

This bow is fantastic any way you look at it. In PVP you don't want that proc happening in front of you, because moving onto it means jumping into a gang of warriors where you can get killed. Same goes for elites. The proc usually appears under my feet and never more than a couple of steps away. I wouldn't want them changing a single thing about this bow. It's superb in all aspects. Besides which, if they went in and tinkered with it, we might not still have our awesome weapon when they were done.

Bless
07-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Sorry I don't agree.

This bow is fantastic any way you look at it. In PVP you don't want that proc happening in front of you, because moving onto it means jumping into a gang of warriors where you can get killed. Same goes for elites. The proc usually appears under my feet and never more than a couple of steps away. I wouldn't want them changing a single thing about this bow. It's superb in all aspects. If they went in and tinkered with it, we might not still have our awesome weapon when they were done. It's oppositely effective for me, I will take a video and show it.

Haligali
07-10-2014, 06:03 AM
combat medic works the same way

MoloToha
07-11-2014, 07:02 AM
Is there any way for warriors to win a rogue who is wielding this little wonder?

Speedofsound
07-12-2014, 03:58 AM
Is there any way for warriors to win a rogue who is wielding this little wonder?
If the rogue does not have samael warriors have a decent chance. But a rogue with samael and bow who knows decently how to vs a tank should not die at least most of the time.

Bless
07-12-2014, 10:32 AM
combat medic works the same way Incorrect, the bush procs directly underneath/behind/beside the rogue, whereas the combat medic drops in front of the rogue 100% of the time, even if you are running. But when you run and the bow procs, the proc is always behind.

SkyWow
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
+0 rouges are strong enough and now you want your proc in front to get even easier kills... I disagree

Serancha
07-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Incorrect, the bush procs directly underneath/behind/beside the rogue, whereas the combat medic drops in front of the rogue 100% of the time, even if you are running. But when you run and the bow procs, the proc is always behind.

Just out of curiosity, I just tested this while moving. Pack drops were uncharged.

Proc

Beside 8
Behind 8
Under 6

Packs

Behind 7
Beside 2
In front 2
Front / Behind 6
Beside / Behind 8
Front / Side 4

GoodSyntax
07-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Could this proc also happen for skill based attacks instead of just autos? I rarely use auto in elite, and therefore, I never receive the proc, which makes the proc worthless to me. But, I will admit, the DMG is impressive! I just wish that it would proc with skill attacks like every other weapon I've ever used.

Bless
07-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Incorrect, the bush procs directly underneath/behind/beside the rogue, whereas the combat medic drops in front of the rogue 100% of the time, even if you are running. But when you run and the bow procs, the proc is always behind.

Just out of curiosity, I just tested this while moving. Pack drops were uncharged.

Proc

Beside 8
Behind 8
Under 6

Packs

Behind 7
Beside 2
In front 2
Front / Behind 6
Beside / Behind 8
Front / Side 4 No, packs NEVER spawn behind the rogue. They always spawn in front on the rogue (depends which side they are facing). When you are moving, the packs may be left behind since obviously the packs don't travel. But the proc only spawns beside, under or behind the rogue - never in front.

Bless
07-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Also, why does the gun have a faster shoot time? Apart from the logical argument that guns shoot much faster than arrows irl, there should be no reason for gun to be faster than the bow - especially since the gun proc is way better.

Zeus
07-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Also, why does the gun have a faster shoot time? Apart from the logical argument that guns shoot much faster than arrows irl, there should be no reason for gun to be faster than the bow - especially since the gun proc is way better.

Bows are slower than their counterpart, daggers. Basically, what you would be asking is for the bow to shoot faster than the mythic daggers which I do not think is going to happen. The gun proc is way better, yes, however it rarely happens just like the previous mythic gun. So, I think that it is alright.

Serancha
07-15-2014, 11:33 PM
No, packs NEVER spawn behind the rogue. They always spawn in front on the rogue (depends which side they are facing). When you are moving, the packs may be left behind since obviously the packs don't travel. But the proc only spawns beside, under or behind the rogue - never in front.

Would you like screenshots? It is correct they never land behind when stationary, but that is not the case when moving. And no, it's not that they land in front and I run past. They actually land behind.

Haligali
07-16-2014, 03:14 AM

Then my rogue is faulty, it drop packs like 50% of the time behind.

It is a defense proc, isnt it better behind you, when a warrior try to kill you or when a swarm of mobs attack?