PDA

View Full Version : Crash Fix Ideas

Wysee
01-07-2011, 06:31 PM
There has been a bunch of these threads in the reports section and not much response, so i'll make a thread here.
The problem is that the game crashes during boss fights, on Keeper it does just that a LOT. It feels like it's the memory running out (iPod 2G here) and some things could be added to reduce memory usage.
For example:
- A disable all effects button, because mages going mad with AoE's get's annoying.
- A lower quality button, that will make the whole thing more low quality and not so harsh on the memory (Since i'm already running without hq and still crash tons)

Now, since i'm not to into game dev'ing, it could be something else than the memory, but if it is, consoder these things. Thanks for reading :)

pastrychef
01-08-2011, 02:24 AM
I hope they fix this soon. It happens to me quite a bit on my iPad. I don't want other players to think I'm deserting them.

Wysee
01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Same here, it's a pain :/ And i mean, try to do the totem quest and crash on keeper all the
time >.<

superglut2
01-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Agreed the disable spell feature doesnt even work... I tested on: iphone 2g , 3g , itouch 2g and iphone 4g.. Why do they even add a feature in setting that doesnt even work.. On any device..

Refriedchicken
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM
There is a HQ option on Droids, I'm not sure if unclicking makes it LOW quality, it's more like..Regular quality. -.-

Wysee
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Edit: Misread.
And yeah, that button does like, barely any change xD

Wysee
01-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Bumping this up, finally managed to unlock Victory Lap and tried 2 rounds or so with Keeper in there. Didn't crash :o

Wysee
01-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Crash has now occured in Shadow Cave as well, lame ._.

Tree Dude
01-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I have not had any crashing problems, but my touch screen goes crazy after about an hour of play. It stops recognizing than I am holding anything down and registers everything as if I were tapping it very quickly. Clearing my cache and using task killer gets me back usually but sometimes a reboot is necessary.

This to me seems more like a memory leak.

EDIT: I take it back. I cleared my cache and davik-cache via custom recovery and have had no screen problems since. I tried it because the screen problem started happening immediatly after a battery pull, so it was not PL related.