PDA

View Full Version : Mail/Guild Bank System?

Pancakepanic
07-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I have recently been delving into a game known as World of Warcraft (WoW) and noticed some features that would be extremely handy if implemented into PL. The first of these is the Guild Bank System. It allows players of the same guild to deposit and withdraw gear, potions, crafting mats, and gold from a guild (in PL terms) "stash". This allows players to give gear/items/gold to other guildees that need it without having to meet them in game where time zones might not be convienent. I know that questions will arise about how to limit the withdrawls that guildees can make, so ill answer them before. In WoW, the guild master can set daily gold/item limits. When a guildee first joins a guild, they have little or no access to guild bank features. The guild master must log on and set their withdrawl limits. The GM decides how much acces guildees have before they get promoted. The second feature that i would eventually like to see in PL is the mailbox feature. This allows players to send gold and items to one another even if they are offline. Again, this would help resolve time zone issues. You just need to type the recipitants name into a bar, pick the item/gold you wish to send, and do/dont add a subject, and off it goes! The person recieving the mail will just find it waiting in their mailbox.

I hope everyone likes these ideas, and i would love to hear some constructive criticism. Please reply with any flaws you find in these systems, questions you have, or improvements! Thanks! Pancake out!

Theloneko
07-11-2014, 03:29 AM
No.

Nelrevete
07-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Copying ideas is reprehensible. You mean STS present copies of other games? Lmao! There is a difference between an idea and copying. Such an idea would also destroy auctions and trade. Good idea but for scammers.

Remiem
07-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey everyone, try and be nice. This is a great suggestion that has actually come up in the forums before. At the moment, we are working on a different update for Pocket Legends (teased by Samhayne) so it isn't something we can fit in at the moment, but it is definitely something we can consider in the future.

As for "copying" other games, there are many MMO mechanics that just work, which is why they are common across many MMO's. For example, all MMO's have questing, crafting, etc. They aren't copying each other, they are just using common elements that their players want and make the game more fun to play!

DivineMoustache
07-11-2014, 11:24 AM
yea...really couldn't tell if the replies above were sarcastic or not.

Nelrevete
07-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey everyone, try and be nice. This is a great suggestion that has actually come up in the forums before. At the moment, we are working on a different update for Pocket Legends (teased by Samhayne) so it isn't something we can fit in at the moment, but it is definitely something we can consider in the future.

As for "copying" other games, there are many MMO mechanics that just work, which is why they are common across many MMO's. For example, all MMO's have questing, crafting, etc. They aren't copying each other, they are just using common elements that their players want and make the game more fun to play!

Remi it was constructive criticism and not attack. I'm not rude ... For me it is a fundamental difference between the template and an identical mechanism. Let me stick to their own opinion. Another issue with this feature is a simple way to fraud in the game. But that's my opinion. Everyone has their opinions. We should not attack because of this. Best regards:)

Sheugokin
07-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Remi it was constructive criticism and not attack. I'm not rude ... For me it is a fundamental difference between the template and an identical mechanism. Let me stick to their own opinion. Another issue with this feature is a simple way to fraud in the game. But that's my opinion. Everyone has their opinions. We should not attack because of this. Best regards:)

How is "Lmao!" constructive?

XghostzX
07-11-2014, 03:59 PM

How is "Lmao!" constructive?

Hahah took the words right out of my mouth.

@Remi - Do you think there is a possibility for a mailing system at the least in the future, or perhaps a guild message board? Is PL capable of having that implemented? Because I know players would pay for access to these things rather than content updates. But cool feedback, thanks!

Nelrevete
07-11-2014, 04:04 PM
That I can not be cheerful? This add-on. There a few sentences ^^

DivineMoustache
07-11-2014, 11:08 PM
All the main mobile MMOs have this -- Celtic Heroes, Order and Chaos online. STS has the capability to implement this in both AL and...PL.

Boiled_35
07-11-2014, 11:47 PM

I love you and love this suggestion too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burstnuke
07-12-2014, 06:59 PM
No.

Yes.