PDA

View Full Version : Make silver/Gold member Subscribtion monthly

oNinja Ryaka
05-10-2010, 09:32 AM
there should be gold and silver members Silver has a few benificial effects e.g. higher drop rate Better items More gold gain per kill More exp and a few other things as gold as more beinificial effects such as 25% more item drops and faster kills.

Banned
05-10-2010, 09:52 AM
there should be gold and silver members Silver has a few benificial effects e.g. higher drop rate Better items More gold gain per kill More exp and a few other things as gold as more beinificial effects such as 25% more item drops and faster kills.

This has been discussed before. Search the forums yo.

Talekz
05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
stupid idea lol

Endless
05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Can I please pay the devs for the best stuff and an easier game? Dude really.

SlipperyJim
05-10-2010, 10:26 AM
This has been discussed before. Search the forums yo.
Which thread discussed this idea? I just searched the forums, and I didn't find it. Mind posting a link? There are several threads to discuss a subscription system, but none of those threads made subscribing into an "Easy Mode" for the game. FWIW, I think that's a new idea.

I also think it's a terrible idea. Spending money should not make the game easier. Unlock new content, sure ... but this suggestion would basically implement an Easy Button (http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/easybutton/index.html) for Pocket Legends. Pay some money, and get quicker kills & more PHAT LEWTZ!!1!

No, thank you.

Beyond the lameness of allowing players to rent an Easy Button, this suggestion would open up another problem: It would destroy the budding in-game economy for trading cool equipment. If I can get a whole mess o' pink gear for simply paying a monthly fee, then I can start trading like a madman. Traders who don't pay for the Easy Button will be unable to compete.

Smellulater1
05-10-2010, 10:36 AM
make me your king and I will rule you all for £50 per month. Now thats a cool idea ;)

Duke
05-10-2010, 01:25 PM
To me, a better subscription idea would be a monthly fee that provides the subscriber with all content updates (i.e., new campaigns) and a discount on other platinum-purchased items. Possibly access to buy subscriber-only items in game (via gold or platinum) that aren't any better than stock items, but are visually distinctive.

This would reward players for committing to a multi-month recurring payment without upsetting game play.

On the other hand, it also means that the development team really needs to put out a new campaign each month, pretty much forever, or some other content of similar value. Also, simply buying platinum in larger quantities already solves the issue of having "committed" players combined with discounted goodies.

Banned
05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Which thread discussed this idea? I just searched the forums, and I didn't find it. Mind posting a link? There are several threads to discuss a subscription system, but none of those threads made subscribing into an "Easy Mode" for the game. FWIW, I think that's a new idea.

I also think it's a terrible idea. Spending money should not make the game easier. Unlock new content, sure ... but this suggestion would basically implement an Easy Button (http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/easybutton/index.html) for Pocket Legends. Pay some money, and get quicker kills & more PHAT LEWTZ!!1!

No, thank you.

Beyond the lameness of allowing players to rent an Easy Button, this suggestion would open up another problem: It would destroy the budding in-game economy for trading cool equipment. If I can get a whole mess o' pink gear for simply paying a monthly fee, then I can start trading like a madman. Traders who don't pay for the Easy Button will be unable to compete.

There actually is a thread on having a hard server and an easy server. Although it's not exactly the same.

Violentsaint
05-10-2010, 04:58 PM
NO MONTHY SUBSCRIPTION FEES!!!

thats the cr@p that puts me off mmo's all together.

Rebel
05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Who wouldn't want to work for the stuff they earn. That is the whole part of MMO's in general. They are a way to provide you with a nice community to hang out in, and while you talk with friends, you also get to play a game. Working for my gear just gives me a better satisfaction of myself when I do get it. Having to face the challenge of hard enemies, and having to kill multiple enemies to raise my exp. bar, and gain money is fun especially with a group of friends. Try and find a group to hang out with so you can talk and enjoy yourself, and before you know it, you will be up another level, or you will have earned that pink weapon you had been waiting for.

Esus
05-10-2010, 06:54 PM
If I have to pay a monthly fee just to play...DELETED.

JoJoTheWho
05-10-2010, 06:57 PM
no body loves you! you've been a failure since day one!! sorry everyone else was bashing him :( i felt left out.

anyhoo, yeah i dont really agree with the post. people pay enough for the new maps and respecs n such :O thats enough. becoming a god by paying monthly would just ruin it.

setec
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM

Same here.

KongsNutz
05-10-2010, 08:05 PM
I have thought about this also.

The main attraction to PL is the entry price... that of course is free.
If you start charging for a monthly subscription that would turn away potential players.

Now I'm all for paid add-ons...... however maybe if they don't release one every month and just make 1
huge one every 2-3 months and charge more for them, they can make a better profit.

Laska
05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Not to be rude but this idea is whack bro....the only subscription I'll be paying for is my xbl acc lol....

Ogediah
05-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Are you kidding me? No.

Violentsaint
05-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Bloody oath id delete it too..