PDA

View Full Version : Monster hunter freedom unite for iOS

JaytB
07-06-2014, 07:56 AM
I was wondering if anyone else picked up the recently released MHFU for iOS?

I'm only a couple of hours in, so I'm still a total noob. It would be nice to know if there's anyone who I might be able to team up with, once I've progressed far enough through the single player part.

For the people who never heard of Monster Hunter, it's kind of an action/adventure/rpg kind of game. It has a ton of intelligent (huge) boss fights, endless weapons/armor/potions/tools combo's, is ridiculously big and can be both played solo or online via WiFi.

Graphics look amazing and touch controls are very refined too. Some bosses (especially later on) are huge and all require at least some tactic and/or preparation.

The price is pretty steep, but in exchange you get a truly complete game where everything can, and has to be, earned and can't be bought for real cash. In fact, the game is completely void of in-app purchases! Out of the box you literally get 1000's of weapons/armor and 100's hours of gameplay.

The game is nothing like Arcane Legends, especially the social part. This game is mainly an offline game but can be enjoyed with people online too (through a lobby). The team-chat function works awkwardly and you can't chat during fights. Once you get a team together however, it is a ton of fun (you can actually hit each other lol).

So yeah, if you haven't noticed already, I'm hooked. It's definitely a different genre as compared to AL but might be worth a look ;)

Spyce
07-06-2014, 07:57 AM
$15, are you crazy?!

JaytB
07-06-2014, 07:58 AM
$15, are you crazy?!

Ever bought plat? Are you crazy?!

Spyce
07-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Ever bought plat? Are you crazy?!

Only hundreds of thousands of plat..
I'll have to check it out tho.

JaytB
07-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Only hundreds of thousands of plat..
I'll have to check it out tho.

Then I can imagine how $15 for a complete 'real' game sounds crazy :p

Spyce
07-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Then I can imagine how $15 for a complete 'real' game sounds crazy :p

Seems legit..

How much space does it require? Downloaded Blitz Brigade yesterday and I might be running low.

JaytB
07-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Seems legit..

How much space does it require? Downloaded Blitz Brigade yesterday and I might be running low.

It's 1.1GB.

Spyce
07-06-2014, 08:06 AM
It's 1.1GB.

Dang, better go delete some apps.

JaytB
07-06-2014, 08:11 AM
Dang, better go delete some apps.

If you decide to get it, PM me so we can run some together ;)

You gotta be at least a couple of hours in before you can really play anything online though. That's not a bad thing, cause that way you don't end up with people who are completely clueless.

Impact
07-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Get world of tanks blitz its bes

JaytB
07-06-2014, 08:27 AM

I honestly prefer battle supremacy as tank game, looks just about 10x better than blitz.

I tried Blitz, and I can understand why people are so exited about it. It's definitely a very good game but I just like something with a bit more eye-candy :)

Spyce
07-06-2014, 08:51 AM

I haz that game lol

Hover
07-06-2014, 11:46 AM
I'll dload it later, I'd have to buy a gift card tho first, but I'll let you know when I get it

JaytB
07-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I'll dload it later, I'd have to buy a gift card tho first, but I'll let you know when I get it

Please do, I found out you can make rooms there too. Complete with beer and everything (not even kidding, your character even gets drunk lol).

Iliketolol
07-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Please do, I found out you can make rooms there too. Complete with beer and everything (not even kidding, your character even gets drunk lol).

downloading as i type, we will get high together bro :D

Hover
07-06-2014, 03:39 PM

Nice, can have a good drink together on there and irl

Jblazer
07-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I prefer caprisun :cool:

Zojak
07-06-2014, 03:50 PM
If you decide to get it, PM me so we can run some together ;)

You gotta be at least a couple of hours in before you can really play anything online though. That's not a bad thing, cause that way you don't end up with people who are completely clueless.

downloading right now, 15 is a bit more than i'd normally pay,buttt yolo friday was payday!

Jblazer
07-06-2014, 04:00 PM
downloading right now, 15 is a bit more than i'd normally pay,buttt yolo friday was payday!

no comments on my caprisun hype :(

JaytB
07-06-2014, 05:34 PM
What are your IGN's? Mine is 'Harley' (my character ended up looking like Harley Quinn.. Don't ask lol).

It's getting pretty late over here, but I'll PM you the details about how we can get together in game (parties up to 4 ppl). It basically works with a unique number for the room you create.

My suggestion is to start taking the old ladies' quests until you at least have finished the 1 star quests.

Anyway, if you wanna know anything, feel free to ask. Although be warned, I'm a total noob :)

Hover
07-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I'll be getting it tomorrow cause I'm going out tonight and was too lazy earlier to go out, I'll pm you my info when I get it

Jblazer
07-07-2014, 12:27 AM
I'll be getting it tomorrow cause I'm going out tonight and was too lazy earlier to go out, I'll pm you my info when I get it

Is it anything like the legends games?

Iliketolol
07-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Is it anything like the legends games?

looks cool but crashes on my device, tried for refund :(

Jblazer
07-07-2014, 01:51 AM

How much is it?

JaytB
07-07-2014, 09:05 AM

That's weird, I haven't had a single crash in hours upon hours of gameplay O.o

Is your device jailbroken, and what iOS version are you running?

Jblazer
07-07-2014, 11:04 PM
That's weird, I haven't had a single crash in hours upon hours of gameplay O.o

Is your device jailbroken, and what iOS version are you running?

How much is it?

JaytB
07-08-2014, 02:18 AM
How much is it?

see post #2 ;)

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 02:38 AM
see post #2 ;)
Who spends 15$ just for the game download ;-;

Hover
07-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Me.

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Me.

If it costs that much how much are the in app purchases :P

JaytB
07-08-2014, 11:42 AM
If it costs that much how much are the in app purchases :P

That's the good thing.. Wait for it.. There are none! Everything is crafted from stuff you loot, nothing can be be bought via cash shortcuts.

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 12:09 PM
That's the good thing.. Wait for it.. There are none! Everything is crafted from stuff you loot, nothing can be be bought via cash shortcuts.

That's pretty cool actually.

Hover
07-08-2014, 01:24 PM
So you spend 15$ on a good game that you can't just p2w and no more purchases necessary.

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 01:59 PM
So you spend 15$ on a good game that you can't just p2w and no more purchases necessary.

Makes sense. I'll look into it.

Trenton
07-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Makes sense. I'll look into it. I didn't even have to look into it to look into it...

I read the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jblazer
07-11-2014, 01:16 AM
I didn't even have to look into it to look into it...

I read the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dazza diss hmmph

Killbill8921
08-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Hi guys, I would like to say, as a former Monster Hunter Freedom Unite PSP gamer, I find that the ios version beat the hell out of a lot even my poor ps vita can't get this game on PSN(why errors, errors, errors) while ios you pay and puff you are permitted to get the game downloading. I hate ios store that not suppose to replace my vita, but now I spent 145 hours on Mhfu ios while manage to just get into high rank quest. This game online multiplayer is way too addictive that I have to force myself to leave great hunting party that makes slashing, bashing, shooting and distracting monster so much fun. Facing a monster on high rank quest us a true test, challenge and ordeal if play alone, but is a trill ride and enjoying running around for each hunter to get that sweet spot in online multiplayer.

Flaws: I get my fare share of joining groups made up of complete noobs/Leeroys, seriously they charge in get hit go near death and instead of healing or running for safety, they do it again......lol I was lucky to kill those bosses before disaster fell upon the team. But failures is always there to remind you that not all people who buy this game are veterans. I also met insane g rank players, they do what they do best, lower their hp, power pills, sleep shot, Greatsword charge.....bam Tigrex dead in one minute. Never before I witness such stunt with my character there to see them doing it all it's glory. Japanese g rank players, they can dodge invisibly in a tail swipe that I'll use ages to master it.

Heroelite
08-07-2014, 12:12 AM
I seriously wish this was for android too...
I only played monster hunter tri on the wii and dam was it fun... I'd play that over pl any day of the week.