PDA

View Full Version : Do the Devs really care???

Macloc
01-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I just dropped them a letter concerning how crappy the worrior class is in comparison to other class builds, ie. Enchantress/ pallies.
I just got done fighting the keeper with another lvl50 worrior and my lvl 50 along with a 50 archer and a 47 archer. No mages.. It took of 15 min and 150 life pots on my part alone! That sucks, as I know a group of pallies could do it much faster! It just ain't right! I love my build and want to keep playing it but all the stuff I read on the forum and the proof in the play time proves it! I want to know if the devs even care!?

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Do the Devs care about you? No.
Do the Devs care about the game? yes.
Do the Devs love to use fine lotions? yes.

Sum of the story is, bribe the devs with lotion backrubs.

Militaryman
01-07-2011, 10:11 PM
You're missing one ladylove! Leg massages... Ah....

Arterra
the entire overhaul that made them worthless did NOT happen overnight. they cannot just go in and make bears +100 armor, it would affect the entire game as it stands, besides the fact that if they get too deep into coding they have to resubmit the app itself, and that is annoying for us all. an early 1.7 means less stuff in it.

patience, do you really think they put on a blindfold and throw a dart at a board full of stat calculating equations?

Kossi

ROFLMAO!!!

but seriously, i think the devs know about this

it takes time to solve a combat rebalance

the last one basically made enchantress and bear switch places

Arterra
01-07-2011, 10:12 PM
the last one basically made enchantress and bear switch places

ouyea if you had seen the mages before the rehaul...

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
You're missing one ladylove! Leg massages... Ah....

LadyLove!? >:O!!!!!!

Arterra
01-07-2011, 10:14 PM
odd.... LL?
(oh god just realized LL can be for Lightning or lady... :( )

Militaryman
01-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Ladylove. That's right. Don't deny it. I know you're over there.

Lesrider
01-07-2011, 10:17 PM
If you read the chat log, several of us have had this conversation with Cinco on a number of occasions. He is aware of the problems and (claims) he is working on finding a way to bring life back to bears.

TrogZ
01-07-2011, 10:17 PM

TrogZ likes this.

Arterra
01-07-2011, 10:19 PM
maybe when they come out with the skills update, they get some killer final move kind of skiil... whirlwind slashing...

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Ladylove. That's right. Don't deny it. I know you're over there.

Ehhh... I am a 6'5 Caucasian male. Pretty sure I am not Ladylove.

Militaryman
01-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Dont lie to meeeeeeeeee

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Dont lie to meeeeeeeeee

Okay I just grew boobs in 5 minutes to please you.

Estraz
01-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I rate the developers 9 out-of 10. Good Job Developers!

Militaryman
01-07-2011, 10:30 PM
What size? 0_o nah jk imam gonna shut up now

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:41 PM
What size? 0_o nah jk imam gonna shut up now

Battery size Double A x 15 divided by .20. Thats my boob size. xD

Militaryman
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM
375!????? Wow...

Macloc
01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey, thanks all for the responses, some were halarious! I like fine lotion toooooo! And no I don't think they throw darts! And yes I know this stuff requires vast amounts of resources to develop! Duuurrr!lol. it would just be nice to hear it from the "horses" mouth, so to speak, no offense to any horses out there! And I did vote for #1 app, cause it is!

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 11:14 PM
From your post number, I only assume your new to the forums :P... (Duh me).

Anyways most new members don't really hear from the Devs, its pretty easy to see them in chatbox or a forum thread. Thats usually were I ask them things.

375 like a boss...

Macloc
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM
From your post number, I only assume your new to the forums :P... (Duh me).

Anyways most new members don't really hear from the Devs, its pretty easy to see them in chatbox or a forum thread. Thats usually were I ask them things.

375 like a boss...

Thanks Pharcyde, and yes I am new, lmao, "duh". I like reading ur stuff and the other senior members. You all have a lot of good info to pass along and the ear of the devs. Thanks for your entertaining an old man, lol I'm 32, and not roasting me toooooo bad!

Refriedchicken
01-08-2011, 11:32 AM
I mean honestly, bears didn't die in a 2 hour period, and nothing was really done to kill them.

They just need a little more, to make them worthwhile.

I suggested a skill a while back:

Rage: Loose control of character(can't use skills, choose attack target, or potions), hit%, attack speed, damage, crit%, and defense goes up. (each upgrade increases effect)

I really think this would make bears a bit more balanced.

Cascade
01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
worrior

Learn how to spell before you start making troll threads kid :P

Lesrider
01-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Actually, bears did die overnight. The 1.5 rebalance killed them almost instantly.

Snakespeare
01-08-2011, 12:00 PM
If you want to hear it from the horse's mouth, a thread calling out the devs never works. We've tried that many times.

We have to wait till they decide to "leak" things to us. From experience, I would say they have discussions and take the input of the core team. Each dev is also a gamer and you know how we all have different styles. sometime the hardcore who want things tough get their way, and sometimes the lenient ones get their way. We saw them nerf the swamps even though the hardcore wanted it to stay tough, but we also saw them create elite campaigns.

Bears will have more powerful Rage in the next release. This was "leaked" in the chatbox. I'm sure your fight of four (including a lowbie) versus Keeper would have gone better if Rage got you more damage or even higher crit%.

But back to the question, which is really, "Are the devs responsive to our requests?" The answer is yes. They just do it behind the scenes. They learned months ago not to say what they hope to do. They now only tell us after they have figured out what they are going to do and then get the implementation far enough along that they trust it.

I could find you the old roadmap, the one where they promised things that were impossible in the timeframe they set forth. It burned them, and they have been tight lipped since.

So, if you want to know what is coming, you gotta be patient and try to get them to talk on the chatbox. But if they don't that is because they don't want to make a promise they can't keep.

Their company was founded by a core group who worked the early months without pay to get it off the ground. So, yeah, they do care.

Arterra
01-08-2011, 12:01 PM
alright i think Macloc has had enough. if peeps scared away every new face we see with one bad thread, half of us wouldn't be here.

Snakespeare
01-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Oh, sorry if I came off as harsh.

Arterra
01-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh, sorry if I came off as harsh.

lol your post somehow got under mine. didnt even see yours!
there is worse behind the corner...

Snakespeare
01-08-2011, 01:23 PM
The good news is, Rage is getting improved.

Fyrce
01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
I was just playing my bear with another bear and I remembered why I love my bear: the exuberance of its skills, the ability to talk a LOT without dying :) and the really cool-looking weapons and lots of them. And we weren't slow or anything, so by ourselves, we were a fine team!

Only problem is that no one else really needs them :( Mages and birdies survive and rush fine w/o bears. While there's still some things bears can do, it's not that a group will fail a lot without them and in fact probably doesn't even need the crowd control anymore.

Remember when to rush Ao2 you needed bears? or at least one? And Ao3, when you still needed tanks? Bears need to be necessary again.

Arterra
01-08-2011, 05:15 PM
good point... maybe its not that bears are necessarily bad classes, but that the balance of the game has simply ruled them out of necessity. they no longer ADD anything to the team.

Snakespeare
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
i have been playing in the low levels and here it would be nice if bears would please taunt. If a bear wants to feel necessary, he should draw attacks away from the mage. It is just absurd how many bears let trolls chase the mages in Dark Forest.

And in AO3, the bears can make alien archers dizzy by using beckon. Killing the yellow archers is the best way to move quickly through the halls. So I think the bears are useful, if played well.

Survivorfan
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM

LOL!!! I put that in my sig