PDA

View Full Version : 41 Mythic Bulwark Review and comparison

Ravager
07-06-2014, 11:53 AM
I had a Perfect glaive, Perfect Magma of Assault and Bulwark was +6, +3, +3/2
95589 Bulwark w/ Singe
95590 Glaive w / Singe
95591 Claymore w/ Singe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skills.

With my Glaive I heal around 1100-1200 hp per tick
With Bulwark I only heal about 800 hp per tick.
95592 Glaive Skyward Smash w/ Singe
95593 Magma Skyward Smash w/ Singe
95594 Bulwark Skyward Smash w/ Singe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden Proc:
Charge attack and hit enemy to proc. 100% chance.
15 % armor reduction for 2 seconds.
Curse-like dmg reflection upon contact.
Elite PVE - 595 damage taken. 129 damage reflected.
PVP = 225 damage tacken. 108 damage reflected
= 1030 damage taken. 111 damage reflected.
PVP nox would reflect to the attacker 111 and the dot 4x 111.
The reflection can "miss" and it can also crit to about 159.
The damage reflected is a set number. It is not based on the attackers damage output.
Small mp gain of about 1% per attack received for 2 seconds.

Sample elite timed run with Rooks Next [Elite]

Obvious timed comparison but just for show. *I only did 1 timed run with exact same pulls*

95595 Bulwark w/ Singe
95596 Glaive w/ Singe

Attack speed (higher value = better)
The way I time attacks is by seeing how many attacks I can fit inbetween a Skyward Smash CD.
Magmatic Claymore = 4 Normal, 2 Charge
Glaive = 4 Normal, 2 Charge
Maul = 2 Normal, Less than 2 Charge
Bulwark = 4 Normal, Less than 2 Charge
Sprit Proc

Does about 9 ticks of 234hp regen. Medium proc rate.

Overall PVP:
I would only be able to charge my attack on initial chains as I walked around. I wouldn't even attempt charging if I did not have juggernaut on since with all the stun, terror, panic, I would just lose my charge. The charge is very slow. The mp gain from being attacked is very low. The buid that worked out for me the most horn, sky, cs, jugg. I had to keep going for the mana packs. I would last long in fights but I really wasn't getting many kills unless my pet killed. Nightshade is a strong pet fortunately. I ran into many situations where I took so long to even come close to kills that they would be able to regroup (if they were stray) and I wouldn't get the kill. My role felt like I would just feeble the opponents and heal as everyone else got kills. Sure charged attack might help against mages and the dot but most knowledgable rogues won't even nox a warrior so that charged attack to reflect dot is useless.
1v1:
I tried vs Bless without arcane ring and I never came close.

Overall PVE:
Most people in elite should be mashing potion already so this weapon didn't feel great in PVE. It has a good AOE semi circular range that hits 3 but the forward range is bad just like any other sword and shield. You have to be real close.

Conclusion:
This weapon needs to upgrade the dmg real bad. May 30+. Maybe make the attack proc occur on non-charges as well (the dmg reflect, mp gain and armor red). Rogues are getting 90+ on their new bow. This weapon is 41 Mythic and should be comparable to 46 legendary / elite legendary if/not better yet it struggles against the 41 legendary crate sword and shield in regards to stats. It'd be nice to see the dmg/dps very close to Magmatic claymore. Sure some may say that's too much but then everyone else got a huge boost as well. Extra armor will give us what? Resistance to one more skill attack thrown at us? The Horn of Renew is weaker because the skill damage is weaker which doesn't help the situation for the team as well. The price on this weapon is dropping fast for a reason. This new weapon is not good at PVP or PVE. So what is it good for? *hope for a boost*

mahony
07-06-2014, 12:35 PM
buy this or buy glaive what do you say ?

tharidom
07-06-2014, 12:56 PM
So ur the new #1 on the lb.

Ravager
07-06-2014, 05:22 PM
buy this or buy glaive what do you say ?

Unless this is buffed, glaive all the way.

Midievalmodel
07-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Great post Ravager. I've had concerns of this new warrior mythic weapon for a while and voiced my opinion several times. There are some people out there that had defended this new bulwark mythic weapon. However, now that its here, these defenders of the weapon are not even willing to buy it unless its price dropped to below 3 or 4 million because of all the bad reviews this weapon is getting from fellow owners. Some warriors who have the bulwark are telling me they almost prefer the old Pavise because of its stun proc being more useful. Yes the bulwark is a tanking weapon but it has become less useful because of the ability to achieve pretty significant amount of armor stats with the current available rings, amulets, armor, and helms. So there is really little need for the bulwark even for elite runs.

Hopefully the bulwark gets some type of buff but I'm not holding my breath. Guess I will have to wait many more months for STG to come out with a new warrior mythic weapon to be excited again.

Reunegade
07-06-2014, 06:52 PM
The ideal stats would be (IMO): 94.3 DPS, 57 STR, 4 DEX, 30 INT, 2% DODGE, 704 Armor

Waheedski
07-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the review, I'll stick to my conquerer wall of potency and magma claymore :)

Crowsfoot
07-06-2014, 09:23 PM
The damage reflect is a hard number of 120 +/- 20 damage.

I tested it on am elite Breckenridge and elite Wilds mob as well as several others. The damage reflect is always the same even if you only take in 30 damage. I do not know how it is calculated in PvP nor if pets/DoT effects can trigger it.

PS: the reflect does help maintain aggro since you are technically dealing damage. I hold aggro better with the bulwark than a conqueror's wall which has higher damage. The weapon is designed for PvE and will be replaced next season like the pavise was.

Thrucho
07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Man I hope STS listens to you because the new mythic for warrior is really bad. Which is not fair because the mage and rouge mythic are strong and for PvP and pve.. :'-( hehe but yeah not fair

haxx
07-07-2014, 06:13 PM
So ur the new #1 on the lb.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Uicheusa
07-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Charge speed way too slow, attack range way too short.

The hidden proc is just like its description--yeah--u won't feel its presence.

Uicheusa
07-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Plus the passive proc rate is based on how often you get hit on your tank--not how much damage you or your nearby teammate takes.

It is silly cause in PVE a tank hardly gets the aggro during fight unless mob/boss is under the influence or your taunt.

If its proc is designed to help team, how is it helpful with a proc mechanism like that?

I tried it in a full team fighting Helena, it only did proc one time the whole fight, which lasted roughly 90 sec. The whole time I was surrounded by Helena's vine minions while I kept using CS on them, but this spirit thing just wouldn't proc until the very end of battle.

In PVP even you have jug on with Bulwark equipped, a fully geared rogue can still kill u with 2 combos. If the passive proc is based on how much damage you/your nearby teammate received within a short spell, it will be a lot more helpful.

Benworushi
07-07-2014, 11:34 PM
bulwark charge speed dam slow!!u dont have enuf time to charge it in pvp, and bulwark proc shield only pass one by one, its really useless whether in pvp or pve....

karrdath
07-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Bulwark needs somme changes

Dex Scene
07-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Hmm I see why they drop so much in price