PDA

View Full Version : Degradation of the SL Forums

Zaonabiuibil
07-07-2014, 03:16 AM
As I pop on once in awhile, I've noticed a trend that I don't like here. As many of the veterans of the forums have left here, there is no one to teach new forumers how to forum "responsibly." Now, I know very few of you know me, and you're probably thinking "who is this loser telling me how to forum?" but just hear me out.

I see many random threads being created about completely useless garbage that has nothing to do with the game or something in relation to it (not naming any to avoid flame wars) and it's filling up these forums with clutter. So I ask you guys, before you hit that "Create" button when making a new thread, think "will this really improve the forum environment?" and if the answer is no, please don't do it.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

gison
07-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Lol. Yes ������.
After seeing all these random threads. I just stopped caring and not even bother posting and just continue lurking.

Iliketolol
07-07-2014, 03:45 AM
hey zao, how are you bro? got aracnus to try al.. when are you coming to al?

Conquered
07-07-2014, 05:29 AM
Im a new player and I find this offensive. Jk Jk..

Synonymous Thread can be found also in this Link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?159544-Free-Napalm-500k!

FluidShot
07-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Problem is most of the forumers now, due to age and maturity, do think their posts have substance and are somewhat meaningful. I'd say the only way to change that is by setting an example, but for the reason you cited, being the veterans have left, that is a far-fetched goal. I completely agree though, it's become particularly prevalent recently.

Same as Gison, I just lurk feeling nostalgic.

Warlord0520
07-07-2014, 10:17 AM
How do you know that some of those threads being made are actually from veteran players? Lol

Zodiarck
07-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Lol only problem I see with forums right now is, Rants, This guy scammed me, etc. But I don't even know what to say about that xD

CARNIVALCLOWN
07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I couldn't agree more, its like the forums are going crazy with honkers

DesertPirate
07-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Welcome to this sinking ship called SL forums:3

Jblazer
07-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Pshhhh hope your not talking about my new players thread. And basically us who are left do whatever we want on forums. Cuz it's all to ourselves. SL forums is more inactive then the game itself.

CAK Vader
07-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Pshhhh hope your not talking about my new players thread. And basically us who are left do whatever we want on forums. Cuz it's all to ourselves. SL forums is more inactive then the game itself.

:D true dat XD

Jblazer
07-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Welcome to this sinking ship called SL forums:3

Welcome?Lol welcome yourself bro, he ain't new :D

DesertPirate
07-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Ik but still it got worse not better after all :3

Remiem
07-11-2014, 10:35 AM
If it helps, "Non-Constructive" posts are against the forum rules and should be reported so that mods can clean them up. We don't want a bunch of junk clogging up the forums, but we need your help in weeding them out sometimes. Just hit "report," at the bottom of any post and lets get the SL forums back to their former splendor.

The best way to change them for the better is setting a good example yourself. Post only to most constructive content you can so that new forumers can see what a good forumer looks like!

Jblazer
07-11-2014, 06:25 PM
If it helps, "Non-Constructive" posts are against the forum rules and should be reported so that mods can clean them up. We don't want a bunch of junk clogging up the forums, but we need your help in weeding them out sometimes. Just hit "report," at the bottom of any post and lets get the SL forums back to their former splendor.

The best way to change them for the better is setting a good example yourself. Post only to most constructive content you can so that new forumers can see what a good forumer looks like!
What is STS definition of non-constructive.