PDA

View Full Version : Low level Twinks joining the event

Miss
07-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Dear STS!

I saw a lot of players making a low level 14-25 to join the event.

Players make this low level to kill boss fast and also by the time when event is near they will just level up to 35 and jump to leader board.

This is not fair we cant see the scores they made.

Maybe you should change the rules to 41 only. it means they need a lot of time to each 41 even if they make twinks to participate.

Also the reason people do this bec. its a 3 weeks event they got a lot of time to level up.

Your event has a lot of Flaws and a lot of mistakes! When can STS make a perfect event?

Also it only take 7hrs to Max out a level 1 toon.

tharidom
07-07-2014, 04:03 AM
Dear STS!

Players make this low level to kill boss fast and also by the time when event is near they will just level up to 35 and jump to leader board.

Maybe you should change the rules to 41 only. it means they need a lot of time to each 41 even if they make twinks to participate.

Also the reason people do this bec. its a 3 weeks event they got a lot of time to level up.

Your event has a lot of Flaws and a lot of mistakes! When can STS make a perfect event?

41 would be really unfair since a lot of good players are 40 and to lazy to lvl up.

Anarchist
07-07-2014, 04:12 AM
There is nothing wrong about this.
It's a pity you didn't think of doing it too, try preparing yourself better next time.

Gesaffelstein
07-07-2014, 04:34 AM
It is a flaw indeed, but it's too late :)
STS can't alter the rules anymore and these people are not cheating or anything. They use the system to their advantage, something you should have done too :D

Miss
07-07-2014, 05:10 AM
It is a flaw indeed, but it's too late :)
STS can't alter the rules anymore and these people are not cheating or anything. They use of the system to their advantage, something you should have done too :D

they take to long making the event! saying they learn something in goblin event but look at it now. lol still too many mistakes.

even the new mythics are trash. look at bulwark only worth 3m now..

STS when will you grow up and learn and make new good items?

utpal
07-07-2014, 05:15 AM
yeah. thanx to the vines of Helena lol. once low lvl gets to silver they get Helena most time and most exp. although only a rich Guy can do that as Helena becomes hard in lvl26+ same for ursoth.

Haligali
07-07-2014, 05:20 AM
they take to long making the event! saying they learn something in goblin event but look at it now. lol still too many mistakes.

even the new mythics are trash. look at bulwark only worth 3m now..

STS when will you grow up and learn and make new good items?

they never learn from their own mistakes, same bugs on every event.. zzz

gumball3000
07-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Lmao, i didn't even think of this, just make level 15 twink where helena takes 2 minutes to complete and at the end just levelup to 35.
I think people don't realise it now but when they will see the lb flip on the last day of the event, the real rage will start.

I think all event points should be erased upon leveling to 35.

Miss
07-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Well STS is very very sT_p_D not to see this coming!

it tool them time to make the event and saying all the promises in the world ect.

This is the result of a game that you ca max out in 1 day. I told them million of times to change the level process so no flaws in the future will be created due to the easy levelup process.

Well 2 more weeks they need to change it otherwise a lot of money is involved in this event. then last week a lot of unknown twinks will up out left and right with 200+ points

STS before you make a event and make a lot of promises make sure there is no flaws in your system!

Rare
07-07-2014, 07:35 AM
hopefully... hopefully STS has some way of tracking this. Like, for example, what level people hit the different tiers at. And how many points they got at different levels.

Its only 1/3 of the way into the event. There is time to clarify STS, but if you wait until the last second like you usually do, you can expect people will rage.

Arachnophobik
07-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Well since im not a plat user i also found a disadvantage. Spirit chests arent tradeable or stashably right? And for all i know it works like a locked except that it only drops one item per chest. And for all i know chests scale to which level ur on. Now if im not mistaken, that would mean low levels wont get new mythics on spirit chests. Dkvabear would be worth it tho

Rare
07-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Well since im not a plat user i also found a disadvantage. Spirit chests arent tradeable or stashably right? And for all i know it works like a locked except that it only drops one item per chest. And for all i know chests scale to which level ur on. Now if im not mistaken, that would mean low levels wont get new mythics on spirit chests. Dkvabear would be worth it tho

That's not true, assuming the spirit chests follow the same rules as other crates/chests. You can always get mythic/arcane. But the legendary/epic gear scales.

Candylicks
07-07-2014, 09:32 AM
I think there will for sure be a shake up on the leaderboard. Yeah it's hard call to say if this is good strategy or simply not fair. We at <The Collective> have a member holding the number one spot, and we would all feel badly if it's taken over by someone who twinked through and nabbed her hard work.

Gesaffelstein
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM
I can't see why people are complaining. You should have thought about it before deciding to try for the leaderboard on end-game.

Milan Lame Man
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Easy way out for STS:
"Clarify" that 35+ means for the whole duration of the event, not just last day.
They have clarified rules before, so nothing new here.

Rare
07-07-2014, 11:11 AM
I can't see why people are complaining. You should have thought about it before deciding to try for the leaderboard on end-game.

Its not that nobody thought of it... anyone that runs a twink noticed on the first go its considerably easier than end game.

What I personally am hoping for is that STS clarifies what will happen. For example, we're a week in. Let the people know, who are running at end game if they should keep going or bow out.

Also, add another leader board for each class that shows EVERYONE. Or possibly just put the < L35 in the current leaderboard with an "*"

Hectororius
07-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Easy way out for STS:
"Clarify" that 35+ means for the whole duration of the event, not just last day.
They have clarified rules before, so nothing new here.

They have clarified that players who reach level 35 and have points to be on leaderboard will qualify to win.

There are lots of things to be worked on to tweak these events to run optimally. Its their 2nd event using the Energy and leaderboards. Give them time to work things out. They cant think of everything.

They fixed the twink scaling issue between different level toons, if this is an issue they need to address, then they'll have to address it for the next event.

As for not knowing where you'll end due to surprise leaderboard hoppers, just play with that in mind.

Ishtmeet
07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
If this happened. I will never think about event lbs again.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Rare
07-07-2014, 12:10 PM
As for not knowing where you'll end due to surprise leaderboard hoppers, just play with that in mind.

Yes. Just gogogo. Full sprint until the event ends!

Madnex
07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I inquired about this in CB a while ago (asked Carapace) and it was clearly dodged. I wouldn't expect any changes that will prevent this trick.

Hectororius
07-07-2014, 12:16 PM
If this happened. I will never think about event lbs again.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

It seems like this will be happening regardless.

Milan Lame Man
07-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Somehow the line between clever and cheating is thin and blurry on this one.
I don't really care who wins but if it is twinks, I'd feel a kind of uneasiness.

Sorry my English huh

Anarchist
07-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I inquired about this in CB a while ago (asked Carapace) and it was clearly dodged. I wouldn't expect any changes that will prevent this trick.

Meh when you ask sneaky questions, maybe even out of pure curiosity to know the outcome of the game mods/devs just hop it and move to the next silly question they can find like:
When does event end?
Or
How many points to gold tier?

Tough questions are always pushed outside or handled with a "we are workin on it".

Hectororius
07-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Its tough, but unfortunately just because a few people find it unfair doesnt mean its wrong.

Cheating would be doing anything against the TOS.

What if in the unlikely scenario a new player to AL started the game just before the event and played their hearts out to get to the leaderboard, only to get hit with an "Oh sorry, some other players that have been her a bit longer than you don't like how you made it to the leaderboard, so you're DQ'd..."

Next event, they can fix it and make those players happy.

Otahaanak
07-07-2014, 01:20 PM
STS 'rules' are like playing a puzzle game with Golem in LoTR
This one gonna upset some people I suspect.

Kakashis
07-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Wow I honestly didn't even think about this. To make matters worse, people get a 2 weeks cool down to get to 35+! Even without the 35 cool down, wouldn't take more than a day to reach 35 with help

Madnex
07-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Meh when you ask sneaky questions, maybe even out of pure curiosity to know the outcome of the game mods/devs just hop it and move to the next silly question they can find like:
When does event end?
Or
How many points to gold tier?

Tough questions are always pushed outside or handled with a "we are workin on it".
Not quite, this was after the event landed and it's not in the category of a "spoiler" question. Personally, I think it was a dodged question but here's the screencaps from the archive, so everyone can decide for himself (bad crops but the answer and question were split in archive).

http://i.imgur.com/VxlTC5j.png
http://i.imgur.com/b9r0ukf.png

Morholt
07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
I thought of this method waaayyyy back when people were upset that warriors weren't able to effectively compete for top3 in the goblin event...too bad I don't buy platinum to win the events!

Picklee
07-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Actually, i think these twinks are genius, it gives the top person less stress so they wont run as hard. This is so genius

haxx
07-07-2014, 06:08 PM
By now players should know that when ever sts comes up with something it will be full of bugs and by the time they try to fix the bug the event will be near ending :) trust me sts won't be a big gaming company compare them to gameloft for example or any other companies and then you will notice the difference between professionals and lazy people. Sorry I am being honest from what I see no progress for sts sooner or later they will be in the sink hole :). Good luck players in AL lol

Sent from my iPhone

Anarchist
07-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Not quite, this was after the event landed and it's not in the category of a "spoiler" question. Personally, I think it was a dodged question but here's the screencaps from the archive, so everyone can decide for himself (bad crops but the answer and question were split in archive).

http://i.imgur.com/VxlTC5j.png
http://i.imgur.com/b9r0ukf.png
Pardon, i meant mods who literally just skip your questions and move the next they can find right away.

Doomreaper
07-08-2014, 01:06 AM
This event will not be altered, end of story. Stop complaining that these twinks thought of something you didn't.

I for one am actually interested in who gets the top lb position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss
07-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Sts!!

Can you please answer us!

Is it 35+ for the whole duration of the event or what!

Can twinks who level last day or 1 week before it ends can get to the leader board??

You know that this is not fair! We cant see the fcking score they make! Stop sleeping and give us some answers!

-no
07-08-2014, 01:24 AM
lol, what a genius idea

falmear
07-08-2014, 02:01 AM
I'm glad I stopped playing and not even trying for the LB this time around. Its these kinds of things that suck the life out of AL. What they should do is publish the rankings from lvl 1-41 so you can see who you are competing against.

Gensin
07-08-2014, 03:15 AM
Lmao, i didn't even think of this, just make level 15 twink where helena takes 2 minutes to complete and at the end just levelup to 35.
I think people don't realise it now but when they will see the lb flip on the last day of the event, the real rage will start.

I think all event points should be erased upon leveling to 35.

Im looking forward on forum rages.

Gensin
07-08-2014, 03:18 AM
I'm glad I stopped playing and not even trying for the LB this time around. Its these kinds of things that suck the life out of AL. What they should do is publish the rankings from lvl 1-41 so you can see who you are competing against.

In topic: Publish the lvl 1-41 rankings, but only the lvl 35 above will get the banner and eggie.

kurd4ever
07-08-2014, 05:08 AM
I made like 19k points in less then 7 hours on my lvl 18 rogue on first day but got tired first day so i stop...

So i can tell you right now twinks ill dominate the LB and i kno twinks that plays 15h + each day means minium 30k+ points each day so dont get suprised and rage when you already know this would happen.. u can maybe be more clever next time and use advantage of twink and do same. If this is wrong for you stop complain just couse a few dont get happy doesnt mean stg do what ypu want! I can tell you the number if twink players who got angry about the 35+ is 10x more then endgamers who rage... so you want them to listen to you so here comes my question to you who will listen to the twinks?? We want it be scaled all lvl and not 35+ so stop complain god damt no game is perfect stg doing some great work here thank you stg for those events thats not only platinum based!

gumball3000
07-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Actually, i think these twinks are genius, it gives the top person less stress so they wont run as hard. This is so genius

Evil genius maybe.

Rare
07-08-2014, 07:29 AM
This event will not be altered, end of story. Stop complaining that these twinks thought of something you didn't.

kind of defeats the purpose of having a leaderboard though doesn't it?

I made like 19k points in less then 7 hours on my lvl 18 rogue on first day but got tired first day so i stop...

So i can tell you right now twinks ill dominate the LB and i kno twinks that plays 15h + each day means minium 30k+ points each day so dont get suprised and rage when you already know this would happen.. u can maybe be more clever next time and use advantage of twink and do same. If this is wrong for you stop complain just couse a few dont get happy doesnt mean stg do what ypu want! I can tell you the number if twink players who got angry about the 35+ is 10x more then endgamers who rage... so you want them to listen to you so here comes my question to you who will listen to the twinks?? We want it be scaled all lvl and not 35+ so stop complain god damt no game is perfect stg doing some great work here thank you stg for those events thats not only platinum based!

punctuation saves lives

Miss
07-08-2014, 07:41 AM

Nah i already tough of this 1st day of the event... and did you notice a lot of rouge who where LB in goblin event not running on this event. they are fishy lol

because they are not using the main toons they made twinks i think just for this event.

Miss
07-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Aside from Fraline who is using her main account and trueorigine also using his main rouge.

the rest of the old Lb guys in goblin event trying to cheat on this one and make a twink for faster kill and give a surprise on the last day.

Well STS you should have change the rules. you must be level 35 on the starting date of the event to be able to join the event.

Rare
07-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Aside from Fraline who is using her main account and trueorigine also using his main rouge.

the rest of the old Lb guys in goblin event trying to cheat on this one and make a twink for faster kill and give a surprise on the last day.

Well STS you should have change the rules. you must be level 35 on the starting date of the event to be able to join the event.

Or... they realized they don't want to waste their time with a 3 week long event.

tharidom
07-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Baklolz ftw!!!

chitgoks
07-08-2014, 08:38 AM
well, what sts can do if they dont plan to rectify this is to make shady and surge untradeable

that way the twinks they made will be useless even if they level up

tharidom
07-08-2014, 08:41 AM
well, what sts can do if they dont plan to rectify this is to make shady and surge untradeable

that way the twinks they made will be useless even if they level up

This!!!
Is the most dumb remark ever.
A lot of people are going for the lb because they want to sell the egg.
And the egg would be far from useless.
And all fair people will start complaining.

Hectororius
07-08-2014, 08:42 AM
People need to understand that STS cannot change the rules of an event halfway through. Aside from fixing a major bug or glitch, altering how the leadersboards are determined is a big no no.

Yes, Next event, they can adjust it to whatever works, but I'll assure you, loopholes will always be found.

Classychic
07-08-2014, 09:22 AM

How very astute of you to assume that just because old goblin leaderboarders are not on the lb now, they are twinking and going for the ranks later in the event. I am one of those rogues and no, I am not going for the leaderboard as a twink or whatever. Are you saying perhaps Zeus and Eyrika are doing the same? I talked to Eyrika at the start of the event and we both just wanted to get to gold tier. I doubt that Zeus will resort to such an underhanded maneuver as well.

Good luck to everyone going for the leadeboards! And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

Rare
07-08-2014, 09:45 AM
How very astute of you to assume that just because old goblin leaderboarders are not on the lb now, they are twinking and going for the ranks later in the event. I am one of those rogues and no, I am not going for the leaderboard as a twink or whatever. Are you saying perhaps Zeus and Eyrika are doing the same? I talked to Eyrika at the start of the event and we both just wanted to get to gold tier. I doubt that Zeus will resort to such an underhanded maneuver as well.

Good luck to everyone going for the leadeboards! And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

once again.. this event will tell us a lot about the community :) Same game, different players.

You guys passed. I wonder what will happen this time.

Anarchist
07-08-2014, 09:58 AM
And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

I wonder why parking a alt at a glitched portal and spamming it is, Okay.
but making your twink enter the LB contest is "such an underhanded maneuver".
If we have to judge what is good and what is bad let there be always impartiality or else we don't judge what is good and what is bad.

Classychic
07-08-2014, 10:01 AM
I wonder why parking a alt at a glitch portal and spamming it is Okay.
but making your twink enter LB contest is Not Okay.
If we have to judge whats good and bad let impartiality be always there or else we don't judge what is good and what is bad.

Those using twinks will NOT be on the leaderboard at all until towards the end of the event, that's why. There is no transparency in scores. If you are in the top 10 right now, you are technically running almost blindfolded. You are not only competing against the names on the leaderboard, but possibly some ghosts as well. During the goblin event we knew who we were up against, we could even form parties with each other. I'm just saying that it will be highly unfair for the people very much into competition now to be given false hope that they are in the lead, only to be overtaken at the last minute by people who were not even on the lb a day ago.

Add: Perhaps a possible solution would be for STS to lock down the possible top 10 two weeks into the event (or whatever time frame, as long as it isn't announced prematurely). If you are on your class leaderboard at this time, then you are in the running to be in the top 10. It would close the window for twinks levelling suddenly after gaining scores higher than the current top 10.

firechandra
07-08-2014, 10:02 AM
How many people complaining about this!
Guys you remember when tindirin has been realeased?
There was a contest to win singe eggs if you guessed your right position between who leveled up to 41,there wasn't any leaderboard, now in this event it's like: you are in the first 10? ---> you win an arcane shady and surge egg but you don't really know your true position even if there's an indicative leaderboard (that could also be removed) so basically it's not so different.
The only difference is if shady and surge will stay so rare or if they will make them available in other ways in the future

Classychic
07-08-2014, 10:10 AM
How many people complaining about this!
Guys you remember when tindirin has been realeased?
There was a contest to win singe eggs if you guessed your right position between who leveled up to 41,there wasn't any leaderboard, now in this event it's like: you are in the first 10? ---> you win an arcane shady and surge egg but you don't really know your true position even if there's an indicative leaderboard (that could also be removed) so basically it's not so different.
The only difference is if shady and surge will stay so rare or if they will make them available in other ways in the future

Actually, the difference is, you spend a lot of in game and real money on this one. Whereas in the Singe giveaway, anyone who is grinding to cap can join.

Anarchist
07-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Those using twinks will NOT be on the leaderboard at all until towards the end of the event, that's why. There is no transparency in scores. If you are in the top 10 right now, you are technically running almost blindfolded. You are not only competing against the names on the leaderboard, but possibly some ghosts as well. During the goblin event we knew who we were up against, we could even form parties with each other. I'm just saying that it will be highly unfair for the people very much into competition now to be given false hope that they are in the lead, only to be overtaken at the last minute by people who were not even on the lb a day ago.

Just keep striving and hope you will maintain your position. Hopefully next contest will not have this exploit.
But at least now if any group attempts some magnificiently, perfect, strange ties there is a good probability it won't work out so everyone will just need to go hard till the end.

You wanted to partecipate in the Lb contest, yes? then give it all you got.

Classychic
07-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Just keep striving and hope you will maintain your position. Hopefully next contest will not have this exploit.
But at least now if any group attempts some magnificiently, perfect, strange ties there is a good probability it won't work out so everyone will just need to go hard till the end.

You wanted to partecipate in the Lb contest, yes? then give it all you got.

Good luck to them, really. The week-long goblin event was already migraine-inducing. I can't imagine the pressure on this one. Especially with Helena being a "Major Payne" this time. (She totally wiped out the memory of past difficult bosses, imo. )

chitgoks
07-08-2014, 10:32 AM
This!!!
Is the most dumb remark ever.
A lot of people are going for the lb because they want to sell the egg.
And the egg would be far from useless.
And all fair people will start complaining.

wow .. no need to be rude ... but cant be helped if you are that kind of person

tharidom
07-08-2014, 11:23 AM
wow .. no need to be rude ... but cant be helped if you are that kind of person

I'm not rude but it's just an extremely useless/dumb remark which will only make the howl community angry if sts would do this with the reward.

Ipoopsy
07-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Dear STS!

Also it only take 7hrs to Max out a level 1 toon.

Just make the pet prize attached to the char only, instead of in eqq form. That way you would solved 98% of the lb being manipulated by any twinks....

Haligali
07-08-2014, 01:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/09/qahuvuha.jpg

Seems like someone lvld his dummy for event, he is in top10 mage on event board.

Madnex
07-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Seems like someone lvld his dummy for event, he is in top10 mage on event board.
Consider him off top 10, noticed the latest patch? ;)

Haligali
07-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Consider him off top 10, noticed the latest patch? ;)

Idk why they dont perma ban dummies, you can notice the parallel between dummy farming and cheating on event leaderboard. That why bad idea to reward leaderboard players else than banners, it can be too easily manipulated.

Samhayne
07-08-2014, 03:39 PM

Is perfection possible? I don't know...

utpal
07-08-2014, 03:40 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/09/qahuvuha.jpg

OMG.
this is PURELY cheating. STS do something.

Haligali
07-08-2014, 04:25 PM

There is no perfection agree but tarlok was close, without the bugs.

Anarchist
07-08-2014, 04:36 PM

Nothing is perfect except God and God does not exist.
In my opinion.

But you can sure make a event without bugs and exploits, its 100% doable. :)/

Zeus
07-08-2014, 05:21 PM

I'm not even participating in this event, hehe.

Then again, that would be an excellent cover story to have a secret twink to swoop #1. *evil laugh*

ClumsyCactus
07-08-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm not even participating in this event, hehe.

Then again, that would be an excellent cover story to have a secret twink to swoop #1. *evil laugh*

I have a secret twink with loads of points... A full 380!

Gesaffelstein
07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Why are people blaming the twinks lol? Because they have been clever?

tharidom
07-08-2014, 06:31 PM

No because what they're doing simply is pathetic and destroying other peoples their hard work and fun. You don't want to work ur butt of to see on the last day a twink has taken in ur spot and ur not receiving S&S.

Rare
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
No because what they're doing simply is pathetic and destroying other peoples their hard work and fun. You don't want to work ur butt of to see on the last day a twink has taken in ur spot and ur not receiving S&S.

Well, its not like twinks have a free ride... oh wait. Everyone did

de·ba·cle
diˈbakəl,-ˈbäkəl/Submit
noun
a sudden and ignominious failure; a fiasco.
"the economic debacle that became known as the Great Depression"
synonyms:fiasco, failure, catastrophe, disaster, mess, ruin;

Reunegade
07-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Lol, you have to count in the work twinks put in. Still think this is unfair, but js.

Gensin
07-08-2014, 10:43 PM

come to us when u have spend all your plats & golds just to hold a 10th place, and get overlaped. #Plsdothat.

Miss
07-09-2014, 12:15 AM

Dear Alex von Minden

Good morning,

Perfection is not possible but at lease you don't overlook things like this, Why? this kind of flaws in your system is too big to overlook. 1st day of the event i already saw the the errors and flaws that you made. This will just make a lot of troubles in the Future if you dont fix and clarify things as early as possible.

A lot of people will rage for sure if few un-known Twink will pop-out last day of the event and well grab 3-5 top 10 LB positions.

Not to mention a lot of players use the " GO TO BUTTON" to get free entry inside the event with out using plats or energy kits. Do you think this is fair? most people buy energy kits using gold or plats while other abuse the bug of the button. Its already fix but still they save a lot of plats and gold by using this option for a week or more.

Well there is time to change it still 13 days more to go. You dont want us racing blind fold are you?

I hope you guys make everything right there is still time.

To avoid Future rages i suggest to fix it before its too late.

Miss
07-09-2014, 07:02 AM

Yup few thinks will pop out on last day. not maybe few but all 1-10 will be all twink poping out on last day. its all BS!

you work so hard for 3 weeks then one day its all gone. geeezz imagine that.

this will be the most EPIC failure of all events if STS wont fix this!

Maalice
07-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Why am arcane pet is being given away in such a way blows my mind.

Milan Lame Man
07-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Why am arcane pet is being given away in such a way blows my mind.
1. Arcane pets are not for everyone. They for the best of the best.
2. Best of the best means lots of plat AND time.
3. Goblin's leaderboard worked like that, rich people with lots of time were the winners.
So all in all, it's a good idea in my opinion.

But if this twinking, and the Europhex exploit, are left as-is, then it's complete BS.

Hectororius
07-09-2014, 08:09 AM
The Only "Fix" that STS can currently do for everyone is to show everyones point total regardless of level so that players know what they are up against. They could indicate which toons are under level, but I dont think they have this ability in their leaderboard system at the moment. At least this way everyone is on the same playing field, twinks and +35 plus.

Otahaanak
07-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Easy fix - if you weren't 35 at the start of event, score is not considered.

This might be 'unfair' to a few legit new players but at least STS won't alienate the entire player base.

Hectororius
07-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Easy fix - if you weren't 35 at the start of event, score is not considered.

This might be 'unfair' to a few legit new players but at least STS won't alienate the entire player base.

Actually, you would indeed alienate the majority of the player base as believe it or not, there are more players under 35 than over +35.

You send the wrong message to players, new or otherwise when you make leaderboards even more limited than they already are.

No matter how creative a solution STS will come up with, players will find that loophole that lets play with the rules to their max advantage (not called a glitch).

Milan Lame Man
07-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Actually, you would indeed alienate the majority of the player base as believe it or not, there are more players under 35 than over +35.

So you seriously believe there are tons of twinks planning to run for LB and level up near the end? Tens? More?

Even if you do, I haven't seen anyone saying publicly "I have a twink and I am going to win LB".
Obviously they feel it's not all that clean way to victory.
So... if someone tries to cheat and it does not work, they say "oh well, didn't work".
If someone plays fair and someone else cheats to win, they say "OMG I am sooo done with this".
At least I do say that.

Otahaanak
07-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Agree Hect, there is a huge lower level player base, apologies didn't mean to imply anything there. It just didn't occur to me that a high number of them compared to 35 and up would actually be shooting for the LB.

Hectororius
07-09-2014, 09:50 AM
So you seriously believe there are tons of twinks planning to run for LB and level up near the end? Tens? More?

Even if you do, I haven't seen anyone saying publicly "I have a twink and I am going to win LB".
Obviously they feel it's not all that clean way to victory.
So... if someone tries to cheat and it does not work, they say "oh well, didn't work".
If someone plays fair and someone else cheats to win, they say "OMG I am sooo done with this".
At least I do say that.

I've never once questioned the matter of fairness or the morals of winning at any cost. If you want to debate that you are welcome to start another thread and we discuss at leisure what is involved in that.

On the matter of twinks. I would not be surprised if half the leaderboard gets overrun by new toons come the last days of the event. Again its not cheating to run at low levels. Cheating is exploiting glitches that lead to free portal runs as was recently patched. That I dont condone and if players are caught and punished accordingly then that will be fair to those that ran the contest buy buying energy with plat or gold.

You also have to remember that the forums represent a fraction of the player base that exists in AL. Not everyone is going to come on here and announce their intentions.

Rare
07-09-2014, 10:05 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/09/3abudanu.jpg

For those curious:

Bacon lattice filled with pork sausage, muenster cheese, diced poblano, and sliced pepperoni.

FYI, not my creation. Wish I could take credit for this beauty. That goes to user JRPfeff at:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/m/tm.aspx?m=465943&p=1

Hectororius
07-09-2014, 10:19 AM

/thread closed

Morholt
07-09-2014, 10:21 AM
The Only "Fix" that STS can currently do for everyone is to show everyones point total regardless of level so that players know what they are up against. They could indicate which toons are under level, but I dont think they have this ability in their leaderboard system at the moment. At least this way everyone is on the same playing field, twinks and +35 plus.There would still be complainers.

Boards show top 50. Since--as forum hysteria is saying--there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many twinks waiting to strike, none of the top 10 35+ players would know where they actually stand. If the board filled up with all sub lvl 35 players, you'd still never know if you're winning. The only way to know if you're in line to win SnS is to be within the top 50. Otherwise, you don't know who is 35+ with a higher score, because of SOOOOOOOOOOOO many twinks' scores.

Rare
07-09-2014, 10:27 AM
There would still be complainers.

Boards show top 50. Since--as forum hysteria is saying--there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many twinks waiting to strike, none of the top 10 35+ players would know where they actually stand. If the board filled up with all sub lvl 35 players, you'd still never know if you're winning. The only way to know if you're in line to win SnS is to be within the top 50. Otherwise, you don't know who is 35+ with a higher score, because of SOOOOOOOOOOOO many twinks' scores.

debacle. It's well beyond Twinks now

Hectororius
07-09-2014, 10:47 AM
well, displaying on the the top 50 is inherently a bad idea as well.

Other games that have leaderboards display EVERYONE. they'll show the top 10-50 players that everyone has access too, but they'll also show what position you are in relative to the entire event. so if your No. 874, you could see the next 20+players ahead and below you.

These other games also tend to have rewards that scale down to the top 100-1000 etc, so it becomes relevant. Sure rewards at these levels could as trivial as free Energy kits for the next event, but at least it something to work towards.

This is only the 2nd event, lets suggest ways to improve it so that eventually, they will get it right. Cursing STS isnt doing you any favors.

Thrindal
07-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Perfection no but I think better is expected especially when it comes to exploits. Designs and systems that folks don't like are one thing but exploits are something else entirely. There is no excuse for serious exploits to not be caught before release.

As for the leaderboard and twinks. I think if the leaderboard is for lvl35+ it should be expected that means "Points Earned While Level 35+". Just a personal opinion from a non-leaderboard player.

Euldor
07-09-2014, 08:53 PM
A seperate lb for players below level 35 perhaps?

yasshh
07-10-2014, 03:07 AM

For those curious:

Bacon lattice filled with pork sausage, muenster cheese, diced poblano, and sliced pepperoni.

FYI, not my creation. Wish I could take credit for this beauty. That goes to user JRPfeff at:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/m/tm.aspx?m=465943&p=1

Yummy. Thats so Perfect