PDA

View Full Version : I officially hate Helena.

UndeadJudge
07-07-2014, 08:08 AM
I wasn't going to make this thread until last run. She always roots me right at the tip of her 1 shot kill range. The warriors I always run with don't bother to use horn when we're all stuck, and we all end up getting killed in 1 shot. Not to mention, she takes about 10-15 years to kill.

Any thoughts or suggestions how to not get blown up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tharidom
07-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Then u should buy an elondrian ward its cheap and roots dont affect u.

Thrindal
07-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Yeah get a ward either with plat or in ah for gold.

Kakashis
07-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Yeah there's no excuse. Not to have ward. 10 plats is a few game offers. In cs it's 35-50k. STS is giving you 100-200k in vanities and 300k dova bear! Now go buy! I have 4 of them from cs because I'm too lazy to walk to stash on my twinks lol

Prahasit Prahi
07-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Actually their must be a decrease in the Health of Helena because it's taking a long time to kill her...I really feel like to leave the map when I see her.

matanofx
07-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Yes, run with better players =]

The kind that heal you and take agro when youre targeted

Churjya
07-07-2014, 08:55 AM
oh i thought i am the one who hates Helena.

asimauara
07-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I hate Helena cause on lower lvl chars almost everyone bails out when they see her it's bad enough my lvl 21 rogue gets in maps with lvl 15 players and everything is tanked up to my lvl not theirs its one hit KO for them from vine mobs

LightPurple
07-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah there's no excuse. Not to have ward. 10 plats is a few game offers. In cs it's 35-50k. STS is giving you 100-200k in vanities and 300k dova bear! Now go buy! I have 4 of them from cs because I'm too lazy to walk to stash on my twinks lol

They don't give us 300k vanities to start off with, players farm those and players choose the prize.

And are you really saying "there's no excuse? I don't know if this is the first time STS has done this, but an ammy, THATS JUST FOR EVENT MOBS?!?

http://i.imgur.com/bbnYhEU.jpg

Do you see anyone complain about any boss besides Helena? my rogue sometimes ends up KO because roots + vine mobs + star fall before I can even heal.

It's bad enough they want us to cough up plat to make event bosses "easier", it's a whole other dirty trick that one of the bosses is one shotting tanks :\ Isn't this supposed to be fun? Whatever happened to the fun events like Infested deck :\

* Raging because me, a tank and another rogue couldn't even get her 3/4 health before she reset. *

Tendirin
07-07-2014, 10:31 AM
lol i think ursoth is way weaker than helena

Milan Lame Man
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
* Raging because me, a tank and another rogue couldn't even get her 3/4 health before she reset. *
She won't just reset on her own. Try to explain to people they must not run away.
In a party of 4 there's a good chance someone is alive at all times, so she won't reset for that reason either. (although it happened to me quite a few times that 3 people got killed at once).

BTW 16 health pots may not be enough to kill her at lv25 :-/

Allocate
07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
I don't mind her attacks and all her moaning. What I do mind, is her life is way too much for a second to last boss. A huge time waster and even if you had a good team there are complications, for example, somebody could disconnect.

Just hurry up and nerf her life already and who ever decided to put the "value" on her life, good job! You made a lot of players new and old hate the event/game, quit or uninstall the app.

illego
07-07-2014, 12:51 PM
My problem is how much health she has. Ever try to kill her when your pug has 3 warriors and a mage. Non of the warriors ever died but after 15 min we only had her dow about 40%. It is just not worth the time. I am okay if STS makes her hit harder but just cut down the health otherwise its faster to just leave then waste 30 minutes.

UndeadJudge
07-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh there's a plat thing? I saw 10 plat and didn't bother reading what it was..

Snakespeare
07-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Basically, if you are an endgame warrior and you run in PUGs, beware of Helena. Other players will almost always quit when they see a bunch of warriors.

I've been told my solutions are 1.) join a better guild and run with guildees, 2.) use a twink, 3.) use a rogue, and 4.) buy something with plat that supposedly frees you from entanglement (but it was not working on the first day).

IMO, if something is out of balance it is the job of the people who make a living off it to put it back in balance. As a player all I can do is point out the imbalance.

Hectororius
07-07-2014, 01:22 PM
The Elondrian Ward is available for purchase for 10 plat ( you get reminded of this every time you die.. nice touch STS), OR you can also purchase the Ward in the AH/CS under the crafting section. its going for roughly 40k and its probably the best thing you can spend your hard earned gold on for the event. You'll be playing it for another 2 weeks, and Helena becomes that much easier when you're movement is not limited. Its auto equipped as long as its in your inventory.

During the Goblin event It was asked why the final boss was so difficult, and we were told it was because they were meant to be fought in parties and not solo.

Good luck!

LightPurple
07-07-2014, 01:46 PM
BTW 16 health pots may not be enough to kill her at lv25 :-/

You missed the part when I mentioned I almost get one shotted "KO" because she roots me, I get the moves on from her vines (13% health gone from one of them) and star fall (almost 63% dam sometimes).

If warrior isn't gonna heal, I just die, spam my arrow until mana is gone, die, continue spamming without wasting pots

Tendirin
07-07-2014, 01:51 PM
You missed the part when I mentioned I almost get one shotted "KO" because she roots me, I get the moves on from her vines (13% health gone from one of them) and star fall (almost 63% dam sometimes).

If warrior isn't gonna heal, I just die, spam my arrow until mana is gone, die, continue spamming without wasting pots

yeah, your better off just spamming pots countlessly or you need a health build

manhands
07-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Has anyone had any strategies that seem to work she fighting Helena? I've noticed when I'm running with my guildies, she acts a little like The Overgrowth or Ianesh (sp) in that if you kill off the vines/roots/plants she takes damage faster versus everyone firing at her and taking out the plants when they get too big. Her DMG is what it is and I'm trying like everyone else to stay away from that one shot; but try having one Mage or Rogue post out a bit and work on those plants and see if she doesn't go down faster.

LightPurple
07-07-2014, 02:00 PM
yeah, your better off just spamming pots countlessly or you need a health build

I've tried that, surpisingly either the game lags or she's really broken to one shot me at 100% hp (around 1300hp), and 2 warriors have died with me too ._.

I didn't see the "before affect" of the arrow when it displays a little path, and when I do see it I move away after I get rooted, next second it still hits and I die in a puff of smoke :\

lowratehitman
07-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Stop complaining!!! You guys complained about the tarlok event boss being so easy to kill. You guys got what you wish right they gave us hard boss to kill!!! So stop complaining and enjoy the event

Tendirin
07-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Stop complaining!!! You guys complained about the tarlok event boss being so easy to kill. You guys got what you wish right they gave us hard boss to kill!!! So stop complaining and enjoy the event
we have the right to complain its called feedback

LightPurple
07-07-2014, 02:44 PM

SamTheDog
07-07-2014, 03:25 PM
I've gotten Helena 7 times 3 parties had 3 warrirs. People quit. 3 parties have had a good mix but several of the bums quit after seeing its her. The only party that gave any effort was a party of 4 warriors who never stood a chance but got her to 50% before she reset. Wasted over 2 days worth of energy because people are too scared to put in the time. Is this what passes for fun? Since my 8 hour timer is still at 6 hours and my crafted energy is an hour out I guess I'll maybe go play in traffic. That will be just as exciting

Helicopter
07-07-2014, 04:35 PM
To all TC Members: lol@Helena'sAssault Seriously though, Helena is much more powerful than Ursoth. It's like the thing with Bael and his Master Assasins. Either her One-hit-wonder attack is decreased of damage, ot her Health is decreased.

Reunegade
07-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Actually, if you get an Elondrian Ward she is pretty easy. I would not say she is harder than Ursoth, probably on par. A group of mages could wipe through Helena with the ward.

Xeusx
07-07-2014, 04:42 PM
we have the right to complain its called feedback
Dude, why you wont stop thanking your own account?

Helicopter
07-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Dude, why you wont stop thanking your own account? Is he? Boosting your own accounts could lead to a ban if abused.

ndirish8178
07-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Everyone bails as soon as they see her.....wasted over 15 energy kits cuz I seem to get her 4/5 times....what's the point....u get no tokens and no rep....just a headache for people bailing before she even gets engaged....fail

Kakashis
07-07-2014, 09:53 PM
She's improperly scaled for sure

Impact
07-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Helena is OP, but can be soloed even at 41 but only with rogue lol.

Hadec
07-07-2014, 11:21 PM
*panicks*
When i see her...well she is too much OP imo

Fyrce
07-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Mostly I see people standing right in her arrow's way. I move out of the way - the red area is very narrow. Even moving super slow, generally I can get out of the way. However, I almost never see anyone else move out of the way.

The only time I die to her a lot (5 times) is when one of my L1's killed her w/ a fellow L2 warrior.

My biggest problem with her is it takes too long to kill her, and even in a group, lots of people don't seem to notice they are fighting her vines, not her. If you are going to distract her vines, don't kill them. Just drag them away.

The more I fight her, the more I think she's actually easy IF people are hitting her. It's just that mostly they're hitting her vine shield. So you have to make sure you are hitting her and not her vines. If some warrior could drag her vines away, that'd be ok.

Kakashis
07-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Mostly I see people standing right in her arrow's way. I move out of the way - the red area is very narrow. Even moving super slow, generally I can get out of the way. However, I almost never see anyone else move out of the way.

The only time I die to her a lot (5 times) is when one of my L1's killed her w/ a fellow L2 warrior.

My biggest problem with her is it takes too long to kill her, and even in a group, lots of people don't seem to notice they are fighting her vines, not her. If you are going to distract her vines, don't kill them. Just drag them away.

Even with this tactic, it's taking far too long to kill her. It's not in line with all the other bosses and even ursoths is a breeze in comparison. That lady is more like the evil queen of the North. With my already gold tier'd toons, I just quit when I see her. Waste of time and she's not even fun to fight. She has more hp than elite bosses.

Otahaanak
07-08-2014, 12:42 AM
She jumps and spins before her critical shot. Unless yer rooted you can easily move. Tank should have horn ready. Even knowing that, she gets me once most of the time.

Fyrce
07-08-2014, 01:59 AM
She jumps and spins before her critical shot. Unless yer rooted you can easily move. Tank should have horn ready. Even knowing that, she gets me once most of the time.

Yeah, the more I watch her, the easier I think she is BUT she is still tricky, especially when lagged.

Again, it helps to hit her, not her vines. Also, watch her. If you are behind her, the chances are that you won't get hit. So watch for her spin and shoot and move to NOT be in front of her.

Notice how you can almost always get her 1/2 way before she becomes difficult. I think that's because at the beginning, her vine shield doesn't exist or is very sparse. Later, there're quite a few of those things. Keep them on the other side of her or drag them away from her.

Iliketolol
07-08-2014, 02:28 AM
basically ignore wines and load everything you got on her, it makes killing her very easy!

its a severe pain to do her with pugs..

killarrow
07-08-2014, 04:52 AM
Some things that work well fighting helena -
- Use ironbite to help free rooting effect the pt (this helps kill the trees that stun and root at ursoth as well)
- if more than one war in the pt - one fights close to the boss and the second one to fight away from the boss and pull the plants that spawn.
- Rogues can get cleaner hits with war positioned behind the the boss in a straight line. Rogue/ mage --> Boss <-- war

Unforgettable
07-08-2014, 05:12 AM
Use Kelvin or George to stun her right before she one shots (when the narrow ref area appears).

Bigboyblue
07-08-2014, 06:32 AM
She is rather easy if you fight her by the last tree that is right before the big open "boss area". The vines stay in the open area and don't follow her down there. I'd love to take credit for finding this little secret but of course it was Madnex who put me on to this.

drgrimmy
07-08-2014, 11:50 AM
So I would have to agree that something is wrong with her. I have fought her with lvl 15, 31, 36 and 41 mages all with mostly top grand gemmed gear. Her scaling is definitely off. She is incredibly easy at lvl 15. I can kill her in less than a minute solo without the ward or any elixirs. At lvl 41 she is tough, but I think reasonable and doable with almost any party I get paired with in a PUG. At lvl 31 or 36, just forget about doing her in a PUG.

A much too common occurrence for me is joining a map with my lvl 31 mage, having a lvl 29 rogue and a lvl 32 warrior join me. I think to myself "not ideal, but doable." We make our way to the boss and bam, a lvl 36 warrior joins the map. Now a lvl 29 rogue and a lvl 31 mage are fighting a boss scaled to lvl 36 with lvl 32 and 36 warriors who do almost no damage and sometimes can't even stay alive, begging for mana the whole time. I feel like a mosquito trying to take down Godzilla. The few times I have decided to stick with it, assuming that the rest of the team doesn't give up, it takes me forever to kill her and I end up using hundreds of pots. An ok scenario if the drops were actually potentially good. I am usually not a fair weathered player and I don't give up easily, but unfortunately I do not find this boss either fun or worth it, and I recently more often then not have been finding myself just leaving the map if I am in a less than optimal team with my twinks :( :(

Milan Lame Man
07-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Yes, being in a PUG with a warrior that is 6 levels above me, that simply sucks. I don't see why STS is letting this go on without any comments.

Sorcerie
07-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Fighting Helena isn't hard so much as tiresome.

I liken it to having to chisel through a brick wall with a spoon, you'll get through it eventually, but you'll curse and hate every single minute of it.

Fighting a boss who is primarily a wall always sucks, you just gotta put your game face on and throw everything you have it.

A little piece of advise, auto attack and tapping your skills instead of charging does wonders against her HP - it also helps to have a team of gyrm users who know how to time his arcane ability. A high crit rate with skill tapping and auto attack is a good way to take her and the vines down fairly quickly.

LightPurple
07-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Server going down...

Hopefully an answer to our prayers :angel:

Jabu
07-08-2014, 02:59 PM
lol i think ursoth is way weaker than helena
This. And whether I'm using my lvl 40 or my lvl 10, players bail as soon as they see her. I'm not into spending an entire afternoon chopping wood to kill ONE lousy boss.

Wutzgood
07-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Like others have said a huge problem is people attacking the vines and not her. That and leechers staying dead on the stage. She just takes a long time to kill.

A few things have worked well for me tho between my 3 mains and 3 twinks.

Mages Curse works well since she hits so hard. I try to time it for right before her star drop happens. Or like sirulian said just tap your skills if you don't have curse.

Warriors that don't have mythic or arcane weapons should be using conquerors wall of potency. The proc gives an armor boost and stuns the bosses a lot. Best weapon IMO for her. Plus using one attack skill with vb, jugg and horn keeps you alive really well.

My rogue has been using a magma security set and architect blades with smoke bomb and daggers strip her life much faster than bows will. Plus most bow users barely hit her because of vines. Staying alive is tough when smoke isn't up so that's the only time I can get killed with this set.

Also having a dash skill will get you back to the zone fast so she won't reset. Best advise I can give for Helena. Just remember if she wasn't here like this people would be flying through portal bosses like tarlok event. This slows it down.

utpal
07-08-2014, 03:15 PM
I request dev either not to slow users or lessen the frequency of vine spawn.

when I sometimes join in low lvl I see some random noobs either attacking vines or getting killed via overwhleming vines LOL. even bow rogues r useless as their auto attack hits vines only. but ik how to position vines in right side. dagger rogue with veil is best

nowadags, at endgame, due to the availability of Druid and living spirit sets which are cheap too, pugs are stronger now. and I nvr saw any guy leaving map when they see Helena since the beginning of ursoth event.

utpal
07-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Like others have said a huge problem is people attacking the vines and not her. That and leechers staying dead on the stage. She just takes a long time to kill.

Mages Curse works well since she hits so hard. I try to time it for right before her star drop happens. Or like sirulian said just tap your skills if you don't have curse.

Warriors that don't have mythic or arcane weapons should be using conquerors wall of potency. The proc gives an armor boost and stuns the bosses a lot. Best weapon IMO for her. Plus using one attack skill with vb, jugg and horn keeps you alive really well.

My rogue has been using a magma security set and architect blades with smoke bomb and daggers strip her life much faster than bows will. Plus most bow users barely hit her because of vines. Staying alive is tough when smoke isn't up so that's the only time I can get killed with this set.

Also having a dash skill will get you back to the zone fast so she won't reset. Best advise I can give for Helena. Just remember if she wasn't here like this people would be flying through portal bosses like tarlok event. This slows it down.

yeah. agree with u.
rogues using veil and daggers does nice dmg. also rogues must use Ward at endgame. even vines can kill them with starfall combo.
in my twink I use veil+razor shield. and having ward makes me to move away easily to other side. daggers are perfect for this bboss and bows for ursoth.

also those war wearing, mythic set should use jugg.

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 03:32 PM
I wasn't going to make this thread until last run. She always roots me right at the tip of her 1 shot kill range. The warriors I always run with don't bother to use horn when we're all stuck, and we all end up getting killed in 1 shot. Not to mention, she takes about 10-15 years to kill.

Any thoughts or suggestions how to not get blown up?

I hate how AL players are complaining about stuff like this. You are getting updates and new content. Be thankful for once.

Gragorak
07-08-2014, 04:03 PM
I hate how AL players are complaining about stuff like this. You are getting updates and new content. Be thankful for once.
Exactly. No one is forced to participate in this event. If Helena is too OP for you, just ignore everything elondrian-related.

Fyrce
07-08-2014, 04:26 PM
One thing annoying about ye dear Helena:

A high-level spawn that you have to solo because everyone else, including the higher level/s that spawned her have left.

Even I get frustrated sometimes wondering why I'm tickling her.

Thrindal
07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
How about instead of nerfing Helena she had a chance of dropping some loot, any loot that is usable. I think a lot less folks would complain. There is just no reward for beating her.

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 09:52 PM
How about instead of nerfing Helena she had a chance of dropping some loot, any loot that is usable. I think a lot less folks would complain. There is just no reward for beating her.
But you have an update sooooo. Honestly cmon AL. While the other legends games are waiting you guys are getting everything. Seriously. They put effort into your game, don't complain.

ndirish8178
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Spent $10 on plat today to try to get to gold tier....EVERY SINGLE time I went in I got Helena....zero kills...zero rep...zero tokens....really devs? Why not take a page from WoW and nerf her after first week and only give achievement to those who downed her pre-nerf ...I am now looking for a new game to play due to this...

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Spent $10 on plat today to try to get to gold tier....EVERY SINGLE time I went in I got Helena....zero kills...zero rep...zero tokens....really devs? Why not take a page from WoW and nerf her after first week and only give achievement to those who downed her pre-nerf ...I am now looking for a new game to play due to this...

Really devs? Omg like really? Give me 10 updates and I'm gonna complain :) Might have to look for a new game with no new content because I am very mad! Very mad that you are taking time and putting in a lot of work into this game I play. I hate you guys. Just because you constantly update this game doesn't mean I should be thankful!

UndeadJudge
07-08-2014, 10:55 PM

Actually, I wasn't complaining, I was asking for advice. Sorry if it offended you.

Jblazer
07-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Actually, I wasn't complaining, I was asking for advice. Sorry if it offended you.

Didn't offend me I'm just tired of seeing AL complainers.

UndeadJudge
07-09-2014, 07:36 AM

Well, I'm going to stop this conversation since it seems I am talking to a brick wall.

Milan Lame Man
07-09-2014, 07:38 AM
You will hardly meet a SL complainer on AL forums.

And yeah, I met her yesterday with lv21 sorc in a PUG of 4, we got pwned and 2 left. With the remaining lv23 warrior it took us 25 minutes to kill her. The warrior could not survive the plants, so we had to improvise a bit.
But in the end, it's simply SUPER BORING!! I don't think my lv21 will make it to golden if I have to fight her like 40 times with 300 pots each..

One more remark.
I have already fell asleep running Jarl, but never during actually playing the game - with one exception. Helena is so boring I often fall asleep fighting her!

Jabu
07-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Whats really "fun" is when you have been hacking away at this **** for 20 min, she's almost dead, and the phone rings. Loose all that time and an energy point in an instant.

Fyrce
07-09-2014, 12:02 PM
I request dev either not to slow users or lessen the frequency of vine spawn.

when I sometimes join in low lvl I see some random noobs either attacking vines or getting killed via overwhleming vines LOL. even bow rogues r useless as their auto attack hits vines only. but ik how to position vines in right side. dagger rogue with veil is best

nowadags, at endgame, due to the availability of Druid and living spirit sets which are cheap too, pugs are stronger now. and I nvr saw any guy leaving map when they see Helena since the beginning of ursoth event.

Helena isn't bad, even solo. Mostly it's ignorant PUGs or when she spawns much higher level. Then it takes some time to tick her down.

I'm not sure I have ever had anyone listen to me when I tell them to ignore her vines. I think the closest someone came to listening was distracting the vines a bit.

I do like fighting her on the edges, preferably the less bushy edges. The vines seem a bit less "surroundy" in those areas. Also, if you can get out of the vines' straight line of sight, you can delay their moving to you for a little bit until you move into their line of sight. It's difficult though to constantly stay out of their line of sight while also not resetting ye sweet Helena.

Also, I might be re-evaluating how I think of her: 5 min solo probably is not that bad, and hell lot easier than having an incompetent pug that generates a high-level Helena. Having the group range being over 10 levels is very annoying.

Sdbigdaddy
07-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Good event and I'm enjoying it. Like everyone else, the only thing I don't enjoy is Helena. It's tedious, long, and there's not too much strategy involved. If I'm on the go and I have just a little time for the game, I can't spend 20 minutes fighting her to get 12 tokens. IT'S NOT WORTH IT, IMO.
People say warriors (lvl41) are being wimps for not sticking around when they see her. I don't blame them. Do you know how long it is to kill her with a party of warriors?
I have three toons (at various lvls). She is definitely more manageable at lower lvls.
I don't bother buying Kits anymore as the novelty has worn off. But if I bought one and people started leaving Helena, I'd be angry and SAD...:(

Snakespeare
07-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Fyrce, if you're fighting Helena on a twink or using a rogue, then you are not really having the same experience as the ones who are complaining. At endgame she is so OP that you get one shot constantly and it takes 20 minutes even with a full party. And most of the time the PUG members will leave and then your choice is to waste an energy or try to solo her, which is just not possible. I've tried using the 10 plat amulet, it makes no difference. I've bought the 4 plat damage resisance, still no difference. The devs say they like her because she requirs a party. I think the devs tested the endgame Helena using their free mythic gear, while the vast majority of us do not have mythic gear.

ndirish8178
07-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Really devs? Omg like really? Give me 10 updates and I'm gonna complain :) Might have to look for a new game with no new content because I am very mad! Very mad that you are taking time and putting in a lot of work into this game I play. I hate you guys. Just because you constantly update this game doesn't mean I should be thankful!
From what I've read u qq more than anyone on this forum about not getting updates on ur game of preference... keep living in the past bro...I'm sure ur a horrible gm as well with all the crying out of ur corner....but ur right u dont have to participate in the event if u don't want to, and w bosses like Helena and ur avg skill of the random pug, it simply makes spending real money or even gold on energy kits simply not worth it and that seems to b the point most r trying to make. Kudos. I did manage to finally see one besides her after 20+ consecutive attempts and got the croc...yet to see ursoth halfway thru silver tier...but why is it my guildies can't join when they r within 4 levels of me and encounter hasnt been started yet in pugs I get some people 5-6 levels lower. Go back to barrens chat where u came from ��

Jblazer
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
From what I've read u qq more than anyone on this forum about not getting updates on ur game of preference... keep living in the past bro...I'm sure ur a horrible gm as well with all the crying out of ur corner....but ur right u dont have to participate in the event if u don't want to, and w bosses like Helena and ur avg skill of the random pug, it simply makes spending real money or even gold on energy kits simply not worth it and that seems to b the point most r trying to make. Kudos. I did manage to finally see one besides her after 20+ consecutive attempts and got the croc...yet to see ursoth halfway thru silver tier...but why is it my guildies can't join when they r within 4 levels of me and encounter hasnt been started yet in pugs I get some people 5-6 levels lower. Go back to barrens chat where u came from ��
Lol actually I'm not complaining. Check out some of my forum posts in SL.

ndirish8178
07-09-2014, 06:38 PM

Best post this far on strategy and tips...much appreciated. I'm sure many players having w trouble w this fight will find this useful to make the encounter somewhat easier. Giving ur insight and recommendations is what others should b posting , not ripping on someone who simply shared their opinions, thoughts and concerns (that is what forums r all about anyways). I'm sure STS implemented this fight to prevent everyone from blazing thru tiers w greatest of ease, they have their reasons :) I do think maybe reducing the rng factor of getting her so often would make a huge difference... If ur a plat player I'm sure it doesn't matter, but those who don't have lots of real money to spend and newer players without millions of gold and mythic n arcane weapons n gear will have problems getting to gold tier.

My main issue is w people leaving as soon as they see her. When ur a squishy and ur high level warrior that's 5-7 levels above u leaves, it's a fail plain n simple. And not being able to bring in ur dedicated guildies who r within a few levels of u to help when she resets or before encounter has even started n everyone bails is quite discouraging. Maybe a quick hotfix would make it a little more enjoyable for everyone.

Maybe if STS chimed in w a "blue post" about this issue/subject, it would put all of our minds at ease a little more. But then again they might b sitting back and laughing at all the wipes and fails this boss has brought us :)

Atten
07-09-2014, 07:13 PM
So, you hate Helena.. Who doesn't? :D

chitgoks
07-09-2014, 08:43 PM
i doubt anybody likes her

this is one screwed up boss. there is no way to avoid her

VenomsChaos
07-10-2014, 07:16 AM
so many reason to hate helena..

1: when ppls see her, they are leaveing and a mage or warior cant solo her..

2: lvl 24-32 mage and warior for its imposible boss to solo. you are dieing and its respawn hp..

3: its takes soo long to kill and drop nothing..

4: on lvl 41 its not hard and ppls not leaveing. but on 24-32 lvls so many ppl leaveing after see it...

5: i hate leechers they are dieing and going to afk..

6: wasteing 200 pot ( 2-3 k gold ) and drop nothing..

7: i think on random teams sts should do it like that >>>> gold tier could enter gold tier players, silvers to Silvers... i said it before than event

At the point helena is a fail boss in that event

warriorromio
07-10-2014, 07:31 AM
There is a secret for killing helena on higher levels ...
But m not good in explaning lolz......

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

nelson131
07-10-2014, 09:37 AM
lol helena isn't hard for rogues. play better. i'm a lv41 with legendary gear.
also. i found out that warriors actually slow down the party. 2 mages plus 2 rogues are tye best formation as they can both attack from a distance and deal high damage.
the important thing is to hav ur mages focus on vines and th3 rogues to throw smoke and kell aimed shot her. teanw9rk is all it takes. and i only run with pugs. just talk less, play better

Candylicks
07-10-2014, 11:37 PM
So all you have to do is pile on Helena. Everyone, stand directly on top and pew pew. Lvl 41 will kill her fast. No worry the vines just pile up directly on her and dps. Idk if this was mentioned but that's the deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

warriorromio
07-11-2014, 07:52 AM
In my openion easiest way to kill helena is to go with 1 tank and 3 dps .
First of all we are all knoe that the helena have a bit higher hp then other bosses.....
And we can not kill her faster because of those plants .....
Because they take max of our crits.....
And they revive again and again until the boss defeat.....
So my trick is to go with one tank...
The tank will keep plants around him and keep healing him self and of the pet....
And other 3 dps take on helena freely...
Because ther will be no plants arround her....
So all crit hit her perfectly and directly.....
And she will be eassy to kill

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Snakespeare
07-11-2014, 08:13 AM
All these "best ways" include, basically, not playing a warrior. But Snakespeare is a warrior. These are not ideas, therefore, they are just more ways to say that this event excludes me.

Lunareclipsee
07-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Better Just deal wit helena only, ignore those vines thts the faster way to defeat her( ps: every classes has their important role to play wit not to dislike and avoid one and another :)

Otahaanak
07-11-2014, 09:59 AM
If it has been suggested apologies, but pull her back towards the trees that marks the entrance to the wide area where bosses spawn . Pull her as far as u can back and you'll see less vines interfereing.

MoloToha
07-11-2014, 10:04 AM
warior cant solo her..

Lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NnKJFKKgbc

Serancha
07-11-2014, 10:09 AM
I think it's time for an "I hear Helena is so ...." Thread ;)

Jblazer
07-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Lie.

Cool video : )

VenomsChaos
07-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Lie.

i meaned lvl 24-32 :) but still want to say thats...

1: not everyone should use ward

2: idk how long you hited it, maybe just leave and farm essence and you will find more in that wasted time..

3: i can imagine how long you hited it..

4: its also big risk because if you die, its lucky to boss reset..

5: didnt watch video so idk if you used plat rew...

6: i can imagine how many pot u used..

At the End its a fail boss and you should try it on low lvls...

Question : do you think its not fail boss?
did you try it on low lvls as i said?

PLUS A Tip for you :) " pull it back, back corner have 3 plant only "

Jblazer
07-11-2014, 08:01 PM

2: idk how long you hited it, maybe just leave and farm essence and you will find more in that wasted time..

Quite the list you have there.

MoloToha
07-12-2014, 02:16 AM

1. I think, everyone should use ward, it's not so expensive and really helps.
2. It took around 10 min to kill her. Of course, soloing Helena is not he best way to spend your time, I recorded this video as a proof that I can solo Helena with endgame warrior.
3. See p. 2.
4. If you have similar to mine stats, you won't die. Actually, if you have nice skills, you can dodge all her AoE attacks. I failed to dodge a couple of times, but she didn't kill me.
5. I didn't die during he encounter.
6. 98 hp pots and around 20 mana pots. Not so much.
I tried her with 29-31 lvl rogue, she is much easier at that levels. Ursoth was much harder to solo, because he spawned that druid who stuns and slows, leaving you vulnerable for his insta-kill cone attack.

PvPs
07-12-2014, 02:34 AM
They don't give us 300k vanities to start off with, players farm those and players choose the prize.

And are you really saying "there's no excuse? I don't know if this is the first time STS has done this, but an ammy, THATS JUST FOR EVENT MOBS?!?

http://i.imgur.com/bbnYhEU.jpg

Do you see anyone complain about any boss besides Helena? my rogue sometimes ends up KO because roots + vine mobs + star fall before I can even heal.

It's bad enough they want us to cough up plat to make event bosses "easier", it's a whole other dirty trick that one of the bosses is one shotting tanks :\ Isn't this supposed to be fun? Whatever happened to the fun events like Infested deck :\

They want to make money, is 20-30k alot to you or 10 plat? Only few offers. It's not the ward, it's the fact that AL gives one of the most OP pets for those who buy platinum, so unless you have a 100$/hour job then you're death count in PvP will grow with 20 zero's.

And... HELENA IS EASY EVERYONE! I use health pots and she's easier for me than any other, let's think.
WARRIOR: Invicible shield.
SORCERESS: Same as above.
ROGUE: Most OP heal in the game.

We shouldn't complain about Helena... For low levels when you step on the purple goo from Europhex and Ursoth you just simply die.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

VenomsChaos
07-12-2014, 07:40 AM
1. I think, everyone should use ward, it's not so expensive and really helps.
2. It took around 10 min to kill her. Of course, soloing Helena is not he best way to spend your time, I recorded this video as a proof that I can solo Helena with endgame warrior.
3. See p. 2.
4. If you have similar to mine stats, you won't die. Actually, if you have nice skills, you can dodge all her AoE attacks. I failed to dodge a couple of times, but she didn't kill me.
5. I didn't die during he encounter.
6. 98 hp pots and around 20 mana pots. Not so much.
I tried her with 29-31 lvl rogue, she is much easier at that levels. Ursoth was much harder to solo, because he spawned that druid who stuns and slows, leaving you vulnerable for his insta-kill cone attack.

Allready i didnt understand which part for you reply me " LiE "

your video is lvl 41 warior.. and your lvl 29-31 char rogue... so your video not replying my mesage.. which part i am lie ing??
i said on my first mesage i dont have problem with my lvl 41... pls read my mesage again and if you correct, you can edit your mesage about LiE :)

******* ward is 30+ k and mostly we are doing event on alt chars for the gain samething for sell... in that case that pots + energys + reroll kit + timing plus 30 k for ward not worth to kill helena ( not droping egg or elondrial crate )

if you use ward and kill helena, you are loseing gold in this event on that lvls. its another story *********

you should try it on a mage :) and let me know results...

**** HERE is FOR EVERYONE ****

Helena is a Fail Boss and killing event fun.

Btw its will and how it is, we are just talking for the share our experiences. my experience For Helena Hard boss than ursolt on lvl 10-15-41 but its fail boss on 24-28-32

How to fix it?

1: random party better +-1 lvl can enter..

2: same tier enter same tier players on random party..

3: drop her hp OR giwe a chance to drop egg or pink item...

yes its will never happen but as i said we are jıst talking here...

tharidom
07-12-2014, 07:46 AM
again saying " its almost imposible to kill her on 24-32 mage warior.. didnt try rogue my first mesage have it to :) "

i watched your video, its nice job and i know its posible to kill her with my main char 41 mythic mage... but its not worth to waste 10+ min and 300-500+ pot.. she drop nothing...

But my mesage about 24-32 mage and 28 warior...

ward is 30+ k and mostly we are doing event on alt chars for the gain samething for sell... in that case that pots + energys + reroll kit + timing plus 30 k for ward not worth to kill helena ( not droping egg or golden chest )

if you use ward and kill helena, you are loseing gold in this event on that lvls...

Just 2 question for you: do you think helena isnt fail boss on 20-35 lvl every class? Do you like random party join system? ( i do prefer only -+1 lvl can join random party and only same tiers can enter map on event)

**** HERE is FOR EVERYONE ****

Helena is a Fail Boss and killing event fun.

Btw its will and how it is, we are just talking for the share our experiences. my experience For Helena Hard boss than ursolt on lvl 10-15-41 but its fail boss on 24-28-32

Do u mean elondrian crate with golden chest?

VenomsChaos
07-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Do u mean elondrian crate with golden chest?

Edited my mesage.. thx for the remind me crate name

MoloToha
07-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Allready i didnt understand which part for you reply me " LiE "

your video is lvl 41 warior.. and your lvl 29-31 char rogue... so your video not replying my mesage.. which part i am lie ing??
i said on my first mesage i dont have problem with my lvl 41... pls read my mesage again and if you correct, you can edit your mesage about LiE :)

******* ward is 30+ k and mostly we are doing event on alt chars for the gain samething for sell... in that case that pots + energys + reroll kit + timing plus 30 k for ward not worth to kill helena ( not droping egg or elondrial crate )

if you use ward and kill helena, you are loseing gold in this event on that lvls. its another story *********

You said that warrior can't solo her, it's not true. That's why I showed you that video as a proof of my opinion. At that video there is my main 41 lvl warrior, 31 lvl rogue is my alt. Also, if you play endgame, you will definitely have Elondrian Ward, so it makes sense to transfer it to your alts, it saves pots and nerves.

VenomsChaos
07-12-2014, 10:10 AM
You said that warrior can't solo her, it's not true. That's why I showed you that video as a proof of my opinion. At that video there is my main 41 lvl warrior, 31 lvl rogue is my alt. Also, if you play endgame, you will definitely have Elondrian Ward, so it makes sense to transfer it to your alts, it saves pots and nerves.

Thx for try help and your time for the video :) And No my main dont have ward to.. full mythic Mage ( soon will be 41 mythic gun to )

so many reason to hate helena..

1: when ppls see her, they are leaveing and a mage or warior cant solo her..

2: lvl 24-32 mage and warior for its imposible boss to solo. you are dieing and its respawn hp..

4: on lvl 41 its not hard and ppls not leaveing. but on 24-32 lvls so many ppl leaveing after see it...

thats from my first mesage... as you can see on my mesage i am talking about lvl 24-32 mage warior.. also my mesage saying " On lvl 41 its not hard "

From my " 1 nd part" its seems i am talking about every lvl and class... But if you read " 2, 4 " its clearly to see i am not talking about lvl 41 or rogues...

Still thx for the waste time and try help with video :)

And also every lvl and class for its posible Without any item full naked char... just use plat rew so boss will not reset and that bosses not have heal regen... So i didnt meaned that from my mesage... idk how to explain that part coz not enought english... hope you can understand my point from imposible... <<< writed that part for the show you what i am talking about ward " not everyone must use ward "

MoloToha
07-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Thx for try help and your time for the video :) And No my main dont have ward to.. full mythic Mage ( soon will be 41 mythic gun to )

thats from my first mesage... as you can see on my mesage i am talking about lvl 24-32 mage warior.. also my mesage saying " On lvl 41 its not hard "

From my " 1 nd part" its seems i am talking about every lvl and class... But if you read " 2, 4 " its clearly to see i am not talking about lvl 41 or rogues...

Still thx for the waste time and try help with video :)

And also every lvl and class for its posible Without any item full naked char... just use plat rew so boss will not reset and that bosses not have heal regen... So i didnt meaned that from my mesage... idk how to explain that part coz not enought english... hope you can understand my point from imposible... <<< writed that part for the show you what i am talking about ward " not everyone must use ward "
Ok, I've got your point. To clear things out, this video wasn't recorded for you, but for other guys who didn't believe that I can do that.

VenomsChaos
07-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Ok, I've got your point. To clear things out, this video wasn't recorded for you, but for other guys who didn't believe that I can do that.

just tryed clear " LiE " word :)

yes its nice video i watched it and its was funy to watch... back place corner a little easy ( only 3 plant there )

have a good day

Jblazer
07-13-2014, 07:33 PM
just tryed clear " LiE " word :)

yes its nice video i watched it and its was funy to watch... back place corner a little easy ( only 3 plant there )

have a good day

I wasn't planning on having a good day til I read this. Thx so much!