PDA

View Full Version : Who will stay a Tank when PVP come out

Smellulater1
05-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

Just interested in whos thinking of changing to PVP and whos staying as a Tank. I for one will not be respecing and staying as a Tank, but I look forward to teaming up with fellow warrior who have changed to PVP for sweet DPS.

TheBaconKing
05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

Just interested in whos thinking of changing to PVP and whos staying as a Tank. I for one will not be respecing and staying as a Tank, but I look forward to teaming up with fellow warrior who have changed to PVP for sweet DPS.

Really with the cap at 35 you can pick up all the necessary tank abilities(ironblood, evade, beckon, etc.), all while putting points into rage, stomp, and a few into some slash ability. You may not be the best at PvP, but you can still tank while having some sort of dps for PvP.

Now if only they would tweak 2handers. Right now you get nearly double the dps with a one hander and a shield than you do with a 2 hander. The 2hander should SIGNIFICANTLY lower armor, while raising dps a a good amount.

Jovians
05-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Well I plan on keepig my supportress set up even for pvp. So if u guys are looking for support and healz or a kill machine hit me up gotz a fat archer and a beast supportress. :)

Azrael
05-10-2010, 01:21 PM
There won't be too much of a difference unless you try the berzerker build I'm currently tweaking. That being said, warriors are gonna go OOM so fast in pvp, very specific skills won't be too important.

I'm working on several builds to counteract this.

Rannos
05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Now if only they would tweak 2handers. Right now you get nearly double the dps with a one hander and a shield than you do with a 2 hander. The 2hander should SIGNIFICANTLY lower armor, while raising dps a a good amount.

Check out the Dual Wield thread, they are working on fixing 2handers this week... So I am hoping they will be ready before PvP, but it may be the same update.

TheBaconKing
05-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Check out the Dual Wield thread, they are working on fixing 2handers this week... So I am hoping they will be ready before PvP, but it may be the same update.

Yeah I noticed it after I posted here. I am pumped, but am mad because I just traded away my only 2 hander.. Ohh well... My warrior has been sitting at 33 since the day ancient swamps came out since I have been leveling up my enchantress

Rannos
05-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I hope they are coming out with a pink 2handed warhammer... that way selling pink 2handers for pots won't have been a bad decision. lol

Azrael
05-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah I noticed it after I posted here. I am pumped, but am mad because I just traded away my only 2 hander.. Ohh well... My warrior has been sitting at 33 since the day ancient swamps came out since I have been leveling up my enchantress

I have to say backon... Warriors are the best class for taking on bosses in the ancient swamp. Tanking them is very helpful if not 100% necessary. In particular, frogmar is best handled by a warrior or two.... Yea you know what I'm talking about...

Xanthia
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Tanking in AS is very important, Azrael does a great job tanking. I have grouped with him multiple times.

@ Tanks - please stay as tanks, us healers need you so that our jobs can remain some what not insane. :)

SlipperyJim
05-11-2010, 08:43 AM
@ Tanks - please stay as tanks, us healers need you so that our jobs can remain some what not insane. :)
Well, I was already planning to stay a Tank. But if I hadn't been planning on it, your post would have convinced me! ;)

Nah, who am I kidding? Once a Tank, always a Tank. In the immortal words of Popeye, "I yam what I yam."

MYBOWJERKS
05-20-2010, 02:12 PM
tank specs are always good on online game's pvp, im sure it will be good, my alts gonna stay tank spec

Azrael
05-21-2010, 02:01 AM
There is so little difference between specs at this point its almost meaningless. Tank spec = dps spec if you know what you are doing.

Evante
05-21-2010, 09:36 AM
There is so little difference between specs at this point its almost meaningless. Tank spec = dps spec if you know what you are doing.

Its pretty similar... but if ur all out tank, you should get taunt for the buffs instead of a slash =/