PDA

View Full Version : Why are people always leaving...

Jcyee
07-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Apologies if threads have already been written about this topic. I don't patrol the forums nearly as often as I used to.

Just from the times that I've run through the event map, which isn't many because I only use the energy from spirit chests/crafted/renewed, a lot of people are leaving the maps whenever they see Helena. Yes I understand that a bunch of people find Helena to be their least favorite event boss, but why can't you just stay and fight the boss? Yea she can one-shot anyone and you die. So what? And with Helena being such a common boss (at least for me, I've seen her more than any other boss) I often find myself fighting with 2 or 3 players, very rarely a full party, and sometimes I'm left to solo her, which I can't really do being, at best, an above average warrior.

Personally, this is taking away from some of the fun from the event because it's simply frustrating seeing players leave just because they don't like Helena and potentially waste the energy of other fellow players.

I'm not sure what can be done about this issue, but I sure won't be deliberately running with PUGs into Elondria through the rest of the event.

TLDR: It's becoming increasingly annoying seeing players leave maps because they don't want to fight Helena. Any suggestions to solve this other than making parties?

AL_FTW
07-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Run with ur guild or if to many people leave ask ur guildies for help:).

Fyrce
07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Yeah, great, ask guildies for help -- only no one can join...

Not to mention, why're we in an mmo again? So we can play strictly with the kids we already know, right? Just wanted to confirm: No strangers allowed!

It does not surprise me at all how many people are willing to fritter away the energy...
and then complain about lack of energy...

It also does not surprise me how many people complain about boring bosses, but then when they get one that requires a little bit of strategy as those same people requested...
well, of course, more complaining.

Moreover, the idiots are the ones who create the problem in the first place, spawning a high level Helena and leaving it to the low level to solo...some humans are major pains in the ----

Easiest solution: Greater reward for Helena, equal to or greater than Ursoth Tokens and points.

Alternative: 1/2 Helena's current hps.

Portalkeeper
07-08-2014, 05:57 PM
i'd say its much better if they leave rather than just stand there doing absolutely nothing & wld only care to move aftr Helena is dead.

Xeusx
07-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Only weak players and not brave players who deserved a waste of energy.

tharidom
07-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah, great, ask guildies for help -- only no one can join...

Not to mention, why're we in an mmo again? So we can play strictly with the kids we already know, right? Just wanted to confirm: No strangers allowed!

It does not surprise me at all how many people are willing to fritter away the energy...
and then complain about lack of energy...

It also does not surprise me how many people complain about boring bosses, but then when they get one that requires a little bit of strategy as those same people requested...
well, of course, more complaining.

Moreover, the idiots are the ones who create the problem in the first place, spawning a high level Helena and leaving it to the low level to solo...some humans are major pains in the ----

Ur guildies can join as long as the boss is reset or stays untouched someone can join.

Jcyee
07-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Easiest solution: Greater reward for Helena, equal to or greater than Ursoth Tokens and points.

I think Id agree with this. Maybe not as much as Ursoth grants but definitely more than what Helena currently gives. I doubt though this will happen for this event but perhaps it could be considered for future events.

Hottsauce
07-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Please we can't forget, when you zone in as say lvl23 and then a LVL29 joins zone along with two lvl 22's to fight Helena. That's A FUN TIME -_-. Can anyone say 30min fight? Especially when under geared players are involved. Thats why many ppl also rather just burn an energy vs. go through this terrible time sink.
BTW what is up with the horrible lvl gap, c'mon 6 lvl difference for event maps?.. sigh sigh

Energizeric
07-08-2014, 08:34 PM
I can't speak for others, but I recently made a new toon which is now a level 8 twink sorcerer. My plan for this toon is to keep it with no PvE deaths. I wasn't planning to do the event at all, but I figured why not. But I do not plan to die ever with this toon. So as soon as I see Helena I run the other way since she can one-hit a sorcerer.

Picklee
07-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I agree with this totally, maybe a way to overcome it is have other people join at any time. Meaning, do not lock games after you have started the boss (maybe only on Helena?) that would be cool

Kakashis
07-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I will tell it straight up. Helena is improperly scaled and has so much armor and HP it's unreasonable and an utter waste of time once you're already gold tier. I can kill ursoth 2-3 times in the time spent with Helena. Mages aren't supposed to be tanks and she has more hp than elite bosses with no drops and bad points. I rage quit and hope I don't run into her on another toon. I don't know why devs think there's nothing wrong with her.