PDA

View Full Version : Exp from quests

ProSophist
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
I can't believe this hasn't been suggested yet. Or at least I haven't seen anybody suggest it.

Make players get significant experience gain from quests. The quests are already boring as it is, and the rewards are usually garbage, so it would be a good idea to give us a reason to do quests.

bladesword
01-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Black ice is garbage. hmm.
Anyways, dont you "ao3 people" and etc. power lv? like arent you satisfied with the power leveling?

nazgulking
01-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Apart from the cheap criticism showed, I support this idea. Everytime I hit a new dungeon pack lower level requirements it just needs 2 levels of leveling to finishe them all (This does not apply to Balefort quests which are quite overnumbered :D)

Lesrider
01-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Is has been mentioned before, but then people reach the dungeon level caps and don't care anymore. Why would a bunch of bored lvl 50s suggest getting xp from quests?

ProSophist
01-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Is has been mentioned before, but then people reach the dungeon level caps and don't care anymore. Why would a bunch of bored lvl 50s suggest getting xp from quests?

It all depends on the player.

I already leveled 2 characters to 50 and did all the quest(except pelts and snowballs) and found myself being a level or so behind the map's level cap. Also, leveling in ancient swamps becomes stagnant so a little experience boost from those dreadful quests might not be such a bad idea.

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I would rather get a hefty gold reward from quests. Level 50 is way too easy to reach, even if you do the maps in order with no power leveling. I would be in favor of exp from quests if it was much harder to level.

Like on WoW, it takes forever to level up to 80 if you train, but if you do quests, you get like 1 level per quest. The exp rewards are ridiculous.

superglut2
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Well maybe have an xp bonus for players IN te lvl range. and for OTHER players mainly above a gold bonus. So everyone would be happy.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Still against it. I'm not like greedy and wanting to be the only level 50 in the game. But I want people to enjoy the game. This game is basically its funnest when your a new player. Beyond that, everything else is never as fun as it was when you were a noob. Why rush that fun with extra exp bonus's when its so easy to get to 50?

Agularra
01-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately I have to disagree with Pharcyde when he says game is more fun as a noob. Don't get me wrong and I mean no disrespect its only my opinion, but I did love this game as a noob and I'm a lvl 49 now and still love game as much as before. Actually probably more since I understand game better now, which is why I voted best app of all time. However like any great game or movie it leaves you thirsty for more. As a player and lover of this game I can only hope that there is a part 2 in works or an additional add on of levels. Level 50 is decent and takes dedication and time to get to but why stop there? The only good thing about math is numbers are infinite. So maybe a part 2 with lvl 50-100, then part 3 100-150, and so on. No need to stop till the demand is no longer wanted. Hell if Friday The 13th or Halloween can make 30 sequels why cannot you make 3 or 4. I get you don't wanna over do it which is great I don't want want you to either but your game is so popular and a lot of people buy platinum to get to lvl 50 and when your there now what? Gonna make one more suggestion, why not make better xp per area. Meaning if your in a harder place why not higher xp? I have friends who need help on lower stages but I cannot get xp there anymore so I refuse to go. I get people will sit in lower stages just to get xp, but is there not a way to give xp based on stage and current lvl? I'm not a computer guy so I don't know if that's possible. Maybe for example though, say your at Forest Haven, maybe xp could be this or something like: lvl 40-50 0.25xp 30-39 0.50xp and 20-29 0.75xp. Just an idea but at least you can always get xp and aren't limited to one place when you reach a certain lvl. Either way guys this was not in any way a complaint about this game I love it and only want more it is without a doubt my favorite app ever. Thanks.

Skyron
01-12-2011, 02:40 AM
I think we need XP on quests too.

Like every MMO