PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts so far on the Ursoth's Assault Event

Skeletonlord
07-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi all,

You may know me as being a PL player, but I have recently got into playing Arcane Legends, due to the current event.

I personally am starting to feel like getting gold tier will be impossible. I have a few reasons why. Firstly, I do not get many friends coming online for me to do runs with, getting to gold. Secondly, I have been pug running lately due to this lack of friends online, and I have been faced with Helena. We killed Ursoth without too much trouble, but Helena just won't go down.

Due to the fact that I can't kill Helena, I am giving up on getting dovabear at gold tier. We definitely need a Helena nerf if I have any chance of getting to gold tier, or more friends online so I don't have to rely on other people. Anyone who would like to do some runs with me feel free to add my level 26, my username is Skeletonlord.

Then we get to the energy system. This system allows for 3 uses a day.

So, my only criticism is that i am worried about not getting to gold tier, and dovabear won't be available anymore, and the fact that i don't get many people online to play with.

Reunegade
07-09-2014, 12:05 PM
I do agree that Helena does need a slight nerf, however if you want to get to gold tier you are going to need to buy some kits.

Schnitzel
07-09-2014, 12:08 PM
whats your lvl?

add me, IGN: Xruizhex

if you are a sorcerer, get a group of mostly rogues (due to damage = Helena dies faster), then use the skill: Arcane Shield (Prefer 5/5 upgraded)
as soon as Helena shoots up the purple stuff, charge and use the shield, so when the purple hits you, you'll either not take damage (due to invincibility upgrade) or take only about 20% rather than 50-60% of health
The build I use for Helena is: Fire, Time Shift, Shield, Heal (all 5/5)

utpal
07-09-2014, 12:11 PM
uh. lvl26. its better to solo. if u r rogue then easy. just use Ward and u can kill Helena easily with aimshot crits
u need medic packs skill if u r tight on gold. and buy str dex druid set gears.its cheal.
and ribbit to further enhance critting.

pugs at this lvl is hard as Helena becomes too OP compared to lvl25

Reunegade
07-09-2014, 12:12 PM
whats your lvl?

add me, IGN: Xruizhex

if you are a sorcerer, get a group of mostly rogues (due to damage = Helena dies faster), then use the skill: Arcane Shield (Prefer 5/5 upgraded)
as soon as Helena shoots up the purple stuff, charge and use the shield, so when the purple hits you, you'll either not take damage (due to invincibility upgrade) or take only about 20% rather than 50-60% of health
The build I use for Helena is: Fire, Time Shift, Shield, Heal (all 5/5)
Well I use 7 skills so 5/5 every skill + the ideal passives isn't possible, lol.

Kjalisi
07-09-2014, 12:15 PM
If you wanna get gold tier and don't wanna buy kits you should be able to fairly easily over the course of the event by farming energy essence and crafting energy. I was initially farming elondrian essence to craft crates and I ended up with a back log of energy essence which I can't craft enough to keep up with. Try farming essences in camp boulder or watchers tombs where the drop rates are fairly high :) You will get to gold tier.

For friends coming online I suggest you find an active guild and get involved there as you will never be short of people to play with :)

Good luck!

Haligali
07-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Fire, Time Shift, Shield, Heal (all 5/5)

Worst build ever.

Schnitzel
07-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Worst build ever.

it not bad in my opinion, maybe there's better ones, until I find them, the current build I use is good enough for me

you may have a different opinion, then use your build

Skeletonlord
07-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys. I am a level 26 warrior. What's the best gear for my level? I'm also short on gold, so I can't buy energy kits. Maybe I should be farming essences in Camp Boulder.

I should probably change my guild as well, any active guilds worth looking out for?

matanofx
07-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Chin up thread maker, i got to gold tier without buying kits, in... 4-5 days

How? first of all farm energy essences and craft them as often as you can (I didnt farm that many, something like 5-6 energy's a day)

Join a guild appropriate to your lvl and run event runs with them, helena isnt so hard with the right people and the right build.

When you kill bosses like helena and ursoth you get plenty more points than the other 2 bosses so the road to gold tier really isnt that long, and this event has 11 more days.

Edit: To answer your last question try the event living spirit and ancient druid sets, it screams value for money.
elondrian rings are good if you find the right one too.

Busterbiebe
07-09-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't really see the problem with friends not on for runs... 90% of the time if you wait a bit in the map, you'll get a full team. Really, for Helena all you need is someone tanking her and someone healing.

About the energy, you can craft energy kits. Go to wt4 and farm some essence. After you get your first set of kits, craft some more, and keep it running so that you always have kits available. That's what I always do and I never have a problem with not having energy.

utpal
07-09-2014, 12:35 PM
buy ancient druid of potency set. but costly ( u can even get from entangled chest if u lucky)

if u can't , then buy ancient druid of will set. it's cheap and has high HP and armour.
and also use captain axe of potency weapon or mountain grinder of potency. and use ribbit. its darn good pet lol.
u dnt even need Ward if u r warrior.
just stay at one position and use hammer, windmill, horn of renew and vengeful blood
and. use ribbit AA right after using charged windmill .

programmed
07-09-2014, 12:36 PM
I see no problem with the event. This event got me to finally start to really play AL. It doesn't seem hard to get to gold, I'm halfway through silver without spending any plat or buying any kits. I just use the energy I get as it refills and craft 1 or 2 energy kits a day. Although I do agree Helena is extremely difficult. I haven't found Ursoth yet but I hear he's much easier than Helena even though he's supposed to be hardest.

utpal
07-09-2014, 12:39 PM
solo wt2-3 only. its easy for warrior and u can get alot essences.
u will get overwhelmed in camp boulder. so not mch good there.

Busterbiebe
07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Warrior logic. Druid armor is terrible on me and camp boulder is a piece of cake. Is that how it works for all mages?

utpal
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I see no problem with the event. This event got me to finally start to really play AL. It doesn't seem hard to get to gold, I'm halfway through silver without spending any plat or buying any kits. I just use the energy I get as it refills and craft 1 or 2 energy kits a day. Although I do agree Helena is extremely difficult. I haven't found Ursoth yet but I hear he's much easier than Helena even though he's supposed to be hardest.

Helena is not hard if there is good mage that knows to control vines while rogue critting Helena to death. and warrior healing aand shielding.

the fact why Helena is hard due to its infinite spawning vines and ppl hitting vines mostly

and ursoth is not that easy after he summons herond. but doable with pugs and not mch frustrating like Helena and is worth time

utpal
07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Warrior logic. Druid armor is terrible on me and camp boulder is a piece of cake. Is that how it works for all mages?

wat? I dnt understand lol.
and druid of potency set is best for war.
and camp boulder is easy but sometimes u can get verwhelmed by those armour reducing wolfs or get killed when u lag. its risky there.

programmed
07-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Helena is not hard if there is good mage that knows to control vines while rogue critting Helena to death. and warrior healing aand shielding.

the fact why Helena is hard due to its infinite spawning vines and ppl hitting vines mostly

and ursoth is not that easy after he summons herond. but doable with pugs and not mch frustrating like Helena and is worth time

Problem is, I haven't really played AL since its first cap so I still only a l15 and a l16 and at those low levels there aren't a whole lot of mages and rogues who know what to do. Instead it always ends up being a game full of newbies.
I do see what you mean about the infinite vines, that is a major issue. I'm used to PL's targeting system where you tap who you want to attack but in AL you attack whatever's in front of you which is usually the vines. If there weren't so many vines then it wouldn't make Helena seem to take as long.
I didn't know that about ursoth, like I said before I haven't found him yet and was just going by what I had heard from people.

Bless
07-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Pt me I'll help against Helena if you need.

UndeadJudge
07-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Hey, perhaps my rogue could help you. I have several twink friends at 26 or 27 that could also help you.

IGN: Ipirate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Energizeric
07-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Worst build ever.

I'd say it's not a bad build for Helena, but not very effective against the other bosses like Ursoth. This seems more like a build you would use for crowd control in the tombs, and with heal you are trying to eliminate the need to use pots. To make it more effective, I'd switch our fire for frost which seems to work very well on those vines. And lastly, I'd get rid of the 5/5. You only need 5/5 on time shift. For Frost I'd use 4/5 (no ice sheet), 4/5 for shield (no bump back), and 2/5 on heal.

utpal
07-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Problem is, I haven't really played AL since its first cap so I still only a l15 and a l16 and at those low levels there aren't a whole lot of mages and rogues who know what to do. Instead it always ends up being a game full of newbies.
I do see what you mean about the infinite vines, that is a major issue. I'm used to PL's targeting system where you tap who you want to attack but in AL you attack whatever's in front of you which is usually the vines. If there weren't so many vines then it wouldn't make Helena seem to take as long.
I didn't know that about ursoth, like I said before I haven't found him yet and was just going by what I had heard from people.

u r lvl16? wow cool. just buy the new sets its cheap. and solo all the way to gold. it is very easy.

and in sl and pl, one can aim at any enemy by tapping on the desired enemy and auto firing makes DPSers more power :D.
a war doesn't need Ward as it is pointless lol. since he heals massive then boss does dmg at this level . only mage and rogue needs wars to kite.

Ursoth is a big troll and very slow. he summons herond at 50% HP and 25% HP.
he drops Elocks and little bear egg. and gives 23points.

utpal
07-09-2014, 01:20 PM
I'd say it's not a bad build for Helena, but not very effective against the other bosses like Ursoth. This seems more like a build you would use for crowd control in the tombs, and with heal you are trying to eliminate the need to use pots. To make it more effective, I'd switch our fire for frost which seems to work very well on those vines. And lastly, I'd get rid of the 5/5. You only need 5/5 on time shift. For Frost I'd use 4/5 (no ice sheet), 4/5 for shield (no bump back), and 2/5 on heal.

yep I agree. ice is more useful then fire. since fire doesn't stun vines so no CC it does unlike ice that freeze for 6sesc.
it also works well at ursoth as we all know ice has highest overall dmg (due to its DoT).

ideal build is:(low lvls)
ice: 3/5 (except 20% charged AoE and ice patch)
timeshift: 4/5
shield :4/5
heal: 2/5
and some in str to boost shield

Speedofsound
07-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Hi all,

You may know me as being a PL player, but I have recently got into playing Arcane Legends, due to the current event.

I personally am starting to feel like getting gold tier will be impossible. I have a few reasons why. Firstly, I do not get many friends coming online for me to do runs with, getting to gold. Secondly, I have been pug running lately due to this lack of friends online, and I have been faced with Helena. We killed Ursoth without too much trouble, but Helena just won't go down.

Due to the fact that I can't kill Helena, I am giving up on getting dovabear at gold tier. We definitely need a Helena nerf if I have any chance of getting to gold tier, or more friends online so I don't have to rely on other people. Anyone who would like to do some runs with me feel free to add my level 26, my username is Skeletonlord.

Then we get to the energy system. This system allows for 3 uses a day.

So, my only criticism is that i am worried about not getting to gold tier, and dovabear won't be available anymore, and the fact that i don't get many people online to play with.
Hello i am a player that got gold tier on the first day. Add me if u ever need help killing helena i will help if i have energy.
IGN: Age

Visiting
07-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Add me Ig at Ralchoir I'm l26 rogue and I'll see how much I can help ya :D

Snakespeare
07-09-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm sure an endgame warrior can make gold tier with regular daily play. Sometimes a boss drops a random energy point, and sometimes you can craft an energy kit with three energy essences. Even though I have had bad luck with other people leaving PUGs when the boss is Helena, I am at silver about 1/3rd of the way to gold.

Helena is nonsense. She does not reward commesurate with the effort it takes to beat her. Good luck running in PUGs because they often skip Helena. I always stay until last.

Skel, I have a rogue L24 so if you message me I will switch to her and help you with Helena or Ursoth.

Busterbiebe
07-09-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm lvl 40. I just tanked and killed Helena in about 5 minutes with a lvl 41 Mage, lvl 38 rogue, and lvl 37 warrior lulz.

programmed
07-09-2014, 04:29 PM
I keep seeing the term "PUG". What does it mean? Its not a term used in PL.

Skeletonlord
07-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Wow, overwhelmed with responses! Thanks all! I'll reply to you all tomorrow! Night here! :D

Snakespeare
07-09-2014, 04:37 PM

Sure the term PUG is used in PL, but possibly not among your acquaintances. It is the abbreviation for pick-up group. In PL you get into a PUG by entering through the Magic Portals. Otherwise, you join games by the Join screen and those are not PUGs.

aquascaper
07-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Worst build ever.

I have worse (fire, shield, heal, gale all 5/5). Waiting for the free respec lol. No plat to spend.

programmed
07-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Sure the term PUG is used in PL, but possibly not among your acquaintances. It is the abbreviation for pick-up group. In PL you get into a PUG by entering through the Magic Portals. Otherwise, you join games by the Join screen and those are not PUGs.

In the 3 years that I've played, not once have I seen the term PUG used. But I also don't use the portals and haven't met a single person who does so maybe it is used and I just haven't seen it.

Snakespeare
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
How do you do? You have now met a person who uses the portals. :)

Anyhow, the use of the term PUG originated in PL. I've been playing PL for 4+ years.

utpal
07-10-2014, 12:21 AM

lol surprising. u r from PL nd dnt know this term.
its originated from PL bro. also other mmorps also use this term.
seems like u dnt discuss or chat mch about in guilds.

in pl ppl dnt like pugging in Victoria lap so they give passwords.

Skeletonlord
07-10-2014, 12:57 AM
I saw you guys in game, hope to see ya all soon!

Gragorak
07-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Joining games via the "join game" sceen creates PUG parties too. Any group you form with people you don't know is called PUG.

Sorry for complete off-topic.

VenomsChaos
07-10-2014, 06:43 AM
really i hate helena on low lvls 24-32

because on that lvls mage or warior cant solo helena ( idk about rogue)

lvl 24-32 hard to farm essences keep farming hours for 1-2 kit, than joining random maps and when ppls see Helena they are leaveing or leeching... my energy kits going for nothing on helena and mostly helena comeing...

on solo or 2 player runs mostly boss reseting after waste 10 min its another story... idk why Stg choice do a painfull boss like that.. on lvl 41 helena easy but on 24_32 its almost imposible ( on random teams)

Haligali
07-10-2014, 06:47 AM
really i hate helena on low lvls 24-32

because on that lvls mage or warior cant solo helena ( idk about rogue)

lvl 24-32 hard to farm essences keep farming hours for 1-2 kit, than joining random maps and when ppls see Helena they are leaveing or leeching... my energy kits going for nothing on helena and mostly helena comeing...

on solo or 2 player runs mostly boss reseting after waste 10 min its another story... idk why Stg choice do a painfull boss like that.. on lvl 41 helena easy but on 24_32 its almost imposible ( on random teams)

Agree, helena and ursoth hits harder on lvl26 than lvl41.