PDA

View Full Version : Worried about......

Beanmachine
01-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Many people who have played for a long time have had much more time than the newcomers to farm gold and best items. Many people are still leveling and if the lv cap is raised soon before any other updates(ie pets, guilds, elite dungeon(no exp gain), town..) there will be more less experienced players(not nessicerily good) with bad gear that get booted and will have a hard time lvingto catch up with the oldies by power leveling.

Conclusion: I dont encourage not making the lv cap higher, just that I think there are somethings more important and to keep the community together(guilds) and weekly events or quests are most common in MMOs (I think)

P.s If this should be in the suggestion place, well sorry for my mistake:P

Beanmachine
01-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Reserved for later

Lesrider
01-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Umm it's an mmo -- people playing longer SHOULD be at an advantage. I don't see much difference here, though. Many new players have their gear already bc the economy is so f'd up and only a few pieces cost anything substantial. Plus, the cyber quests give everyone a chance to have good gear, regardless of how long they've been playing. So not sure what your concern is here.

Fyrce
01-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Um, what? Games shouldn't accept new players? What?

Don't ALL online games, other than ones that just started in the last second, have older vs new players? How are new players at a disadvantage? There are new players who go quickly into the top ranks and old players who never did. That's always been true.

Hell, think about when you buy an "old" game. Lots of people have already finished it. Does that mean you don't start?

serulean
01-09-2011, 06:49 AM
logic fail by beanmachine.

Ellyidol
01-09-2011, 07:10 AM
"Umm it's an mmo -- people playing longer SHOULD be at an advantage. "

+1000000. New players have it way easier now than when I started.

Beanmachine
01-09-2011, 08:15 AM
ok fine mob wins:P my first mmo.....

Beanmachine
01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I apologise for my nooby thread, just wanted to say that I think theres some more features we r missing that are more important than lving, IMO only.

BlueMagma
01-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I apologise for my nooby thread, just wanted to say that I think theres some more features we r missing that are more important than lving, IMO only.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Unfortunately, your opinion is wrong. :P Just kidding

mrpredalien
01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
LOL there Should be a new level cap, because
it will be more fun with new maps and all.

Beanmachine
01-09-2011, 12:14 PM
But the devs said elite dungeon first, so i think that would be more important than the nxet lv cap etc

[Lt] Shiny
01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
It doesn't matter Bean, there always will be new players introduced to the game. In 10 yrs there still will be people just joining PL. Either way you can't stop the level cap just because infinite amount of noobies will be joining the community. Ever MMO is like that.

--Lune

[Lt] Shiny
01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
It doesn't matter Bean, there always will be new players introduced to the game. In 10 yrs there still will be people just joining PL. Either way you can't stop the level cap just because infinite amount of noobies will be joining the community. Ever MMO is like that.

--Lune

Refriedchicken
01-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Look at it this way:

Today, I was farming Green Ice.

Just me, a level 50 Dexbear, and a level 32.

We get to the area with Fridge, and the Blue troll things.

The Dexbear runs in, tries rushing Fridge, I stay back knowing he'd die instantly, and I'd die instantly as well, having to walk back.

He runs in, dies within seconds and says "WTF NOBODY HELPS?! LEARN HOW TO PLAY NOOB".

That is a perfect example of why the level cap SHOULD be raised.

How many level 50s have you seen that look, and act like total noobs? More than half?

At least this way, with a level 65 cap, players have a lot more experience with the game, and will be somewhat knowledgeable for end-game activities.

Capping your characters is FAR too easy in this game, I had all three of my 50s within the first three weeks of playing. Totally capped them equipment wise within a month. (Cosmo, Void, Cyber).

The only negative of this is the fact that the items we have farmed from Victory Lap will become borderline worthless. I don't see Mega Blaster being worth anything more than 30-50k if the cap does rise.

I've sold all of my end-game sellables, and have gone bare-minimum. (Cosmo Robe, Keeper Staff. Cyber Set, Whipcord with Sunblessed Bow)

It's really not a bad thing for the game, I'm frankly bored with the current end-game system, and spend maybe 20 minutes at a time playing.

Although, you figure, once you cap your characters, farm some, it becomes the same boat again.

It's really a double sided coin, but the benefits most certainly outweigh the negatives.

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 04:06 PM
"Umm it's an mmo -- people playing longer SHOULD be at an advantage. "

+1000000. New players have it way easier now than when I started.

exactly.
Days of no trade and hand farming all your pinks in fathom = hardcore.
Days of 8 hours to go from level 48-49 in alien oasis = hardcore.
Days of swamps being your only source of exp 30-35 = hardcore.
Days of not having Yanis's pink thread and no consignment shop = hardcore.
When to buy darkforest and fathom was in a separate app and costed I think.. 5.99 = hardcore.

The only negative of this is the fact that the items we have farmed from Victory Lap will become borderline worthless. I don't see Mega Blaster being worth anything more than 30-50k if the cap does rise.

Void, Cosmos and Rift will always be somewhat high in my opinion.

1.) It will be dual equip gears now.
2.) Ao3 will most likely be skipped by the oncoming 50's when level cap is raised.
3.) top players will boot noobs from their games, like always. Forcing noobs to either buy the equipment and farm in groups their level. Orrr..... Somehow get lucky enough to leach and/or friend boosts them.

Refriedchicken
01-09-2011, 04:22 PM
No way bro, I'd bet that they go down by 60-70%

Lesrider
01-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Void/cosmos/rift prices are highly unstable, mostly contingent on what the devs do. They introduced the cyber quests, thereby lowering the prices on all void & cosmos besides the talon and wand, which went up in price. So no one can really say, but with a new campaign, prices should definitely drop considerably.

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I estimate that they will drop raise drop raise. So I am going to load up on them, sell them, load up then sell again.

Lesrider
01-09-2011, 05:07 PM
I estimate that they will drop raise drop raise. So I am going to load up on them, sell them, load up then sell again.

Whatever floats your boat.

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Whatever floats your boat.

indeed...
1.) New gears come out, ppl panic and dump gears.
2.) Prices slowly climb up a little again because people need gears for new dungeon.
3.) People get their new gear, so prices drop again.
4.) Ao3 is less farmed, and players now need new dual spec equipping gear. Prices slowly go back up.

Fyrce
01-09-2011, 07:44 PM
LOL, raising the level cap will decrease the number of newbs. LOL. So funny. Never seen a game like that, but I guess I'll hope. LOL.

All games I've seen: People will use guides when there are guides and take any available shortcut. They ask people where things are, just want to max equips and levels. They don't want to learn the world at all and they certainly won't learn skills. Never have; never will. It's the nature of gaming. They don't need to be that good. No need to. They just need to whine and ask around. LOL.

It's the nature of gaming.

(This isn't everyone, but a significant number think this is how games are played)

serulean
01-09-2011, 08:16 PM
i think no xp should be granted for lower level players too far out of the range.

for example, a level 20 in plasma should not gain exp. would this not alleviate some of the issues?

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes and no. Eliminates boosting, but still a noob will be a noob. No matter boosted or not.

matta1985
01-10-2011, 03:04 AM
Yes and no. Eliminates boosting, but still a noob will be a noob. No matter boosted or not.

Haha! So, so true!

Beanmachine
01-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Thats gonna be my new sig:)

Riccits
01-10-2011, 07:59 AM
prices will definetly go down 70% when lvl 55 items are being hunted. hundrets of ppl will sell they lvl 50 gear in the almost same time period to buy the new lvl 55 gear..

Ellyidol
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Unless for some reason the new gear doesn't give much and would still make previous gear better. Ie zuraz lance.

Riccits
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
but zuraz was very rare at ao2 times, price was 600-800k what i remember... now its 150-180k

Ellyidol
01-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Fair enough. But it did go down by a lot when ao3 just came out if i remember correctly. Hope the same doesn't happen to hammer or scimitar when new update is out, or hoarders will come =\

Snakespeare
01-10-2011, 10:59 AM
When I joined the level cap was 35, and I had this goofy idea that I would level one of each "pure", 5 levels at a time. It was slow going. By the time I reached the level cap on all 3, it was 45.

The benefit was, all this level 35 gear was available for sale cheap when I got to level 35, and then again the level 40 gear was cheap when I get to 40. Tnis gear was pretty spendy when those were the level caps.Now the level 45 gear is cheap. We used to pay 150k or more for an alien blaster! Now you can get one for a song.

So my prediction is, if they release the next campaign and there is level 55 gear along with a new level cap, the level 50 gear prices will drop significantly.

So maybe it would be better to hope for this, not resist it. :)

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:32 AM
prices will definetly go down 70% when lvl 55 items are being hunted. hundrets of ppl will sell they lvl 50 gear in the almost same time period to buy the new lvl 55 gear..

There is a very very good money making opportunity here as well. Lvl 55 gear also means lvl 50 gear will be the new dual equip gears. Once prices hit rock bottom, theres nothing else they can do but go up again. Not back to were they are now but enough to make investing worth it. Talons, wings, wands and eyes should go pretty high considering they are absolutely required to dual spec. Look at D'Jinn Wand of Thoth. It costed maybe 15k at most at a time. Now it goes for 100k-140k just because its the only weapon that can be used for a dual spec.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 11:36 AM
There is a very very good money making opportunity here as well. Lvl 55 gear also means lvl 50 gear will be the new dual equip gears. Once prices hit rock bottom, theres nothing else they can do but go up again. Not back to were they are now but enough to make investing worth it. Talons, wings, wands and eyes should go pretty high considering they are absolutely required to dual spec. Look at D'Jinn Wand of Thoth. It costed maybe 15k at most at a time. Now it goes for 100k-140k just because its the only weapon that can be used for a dual spec.

I use a lvl 17 stormstrike wand I got for a quest. So not sure why you would think djinn wand is the only one that works for dual spec...

Riccits
01-11-2011, 02:47 AM
what i know only the lvl 41 wand is high priced, the lvl 45 one not...? iam using the 45 one for dual, i still had in stash..