PDA

View Full Version : Improved Mythic Proc Animation and Particle Effects

Candylicks
07-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Thank you STS for these cool new mythics, we are having a good time with them in game. We are happy to finally have our hands on these much anticipated items. These items are quite valuable and worth millions of gold in the game, however I wanted to make some suggestions on how they can improve visually just a little bit. I mean, we did work hard to obtain them and a little more bling is needed. Right?

Gnarled Rifle of Brut:

Many of us have complained about the proc, but I think the issue is that we simply can't see it. When you are running a map and it procs, the tiny dark brown roots aren't visible. Would you be able to make the roots larger and more visible? That old mythic rifle was totally boss when it proc'd that ice totem. This one feels like a lesser weapon visually.

Warfare Recurve Bow of Potency:

The bush proc is sweet. It's easy to see and basically the maps are full of bush. +1 STS. However, compared to the old myth bow it's the exact same thing except you took out the sparkle particle effect. How about adding in a new particle effect for the bow?

Bulwark of Will:

I hope some of the War can chime in here, I know this weapon is having some issues right now. Visually it is pretty sweet, that green is a very striking color. However, I ran all of Tendirin elite with a war using the Bulwark and not once did I see the ghost proc.

In summary, it would be nice to have our lvl 41 Mythics improve their proc animation and particle effect so they don't feel like lesser mythics than the lvl 31. Thank you for reading this and see you all in Arlor!

keikali
07-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Can we have something similar to the Runic Stone effect?

Something like the boss Herond spawning and rooting the mobs, some type of animation that shows the rooting.

Madnex
07-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Agreed with Candy in everything apart from proc rate on Bulwark; it happens fairly often, from my experience at least.

Something like the boss Herond spawning and rooting the mobs, some type of animation that shows the rooting.
Sit down Ursoth wannabe.

will0
07-09-2014, 08:31 PM
gun process the root is not very often in pvp compared when you pve .. i think it is nerf

Zeus
07-09-2014, 08:55 PM
gun process the root is not very often in pvp compared when you pve .. i think it is nerf

The gun root actually procs a lot from my experience in PvP and does not seem to have an sort of immunity in place. It is a very powerful proc and I think mages should be content with it.

The only one with a right to complain is the warriors who get a pathetic excuse of a weapon. :/

SacredKnight
07-09-2014, 09:31 PM
The gun root actually procs a lot from my experience in PvP and does not seem to have an sort of immunity in place. It is a very powerful proc and I think mages should be content with it.

The only one with a right to complain is the warriors who get a pathetic excuse of a weapon. :/

Vigilant Pavise F.T.W. :)
Although it is only a PvE proc it is still relatively amazing... STUN + DMG

keikali
07-09-2014, 10:49 PM

I just got the gun today and I'm busy gemming it so I haven't tested it in anything yet. I wanna see how often this proc shows up and how useful is the "Captain America" shield.

Benworushi
07-09-2014, 10:58 PM
candy. ..i only hope sts buff bulwark, even if sts remove weapon particle effects, idc these effects..

SacredKnight
07-09-2014, 11:52 PM
I just got the gun today and I'm busy gemming it so I haven't tested it in anything yet. I wanna see how often this proc shows up and how useful is the "Captain America" shield.

Captain American Shield?!!?!?

Candylicks
07-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Captain American Shield?!!?!?

Yes the rifle procs an enlarging shield attached to the front of the weap as you fire. It resembles the captain America shield, which is what our guild calls the proc.

I ran tind again with a bul war and again, never saw ghost!! I guess we have too much going in pulling the entire map the ghost must get lost among it.

Candylicks
07-10-2014, 05:56 AM
candy. ..i only hope sts buff bulwark, even if sts remove weapon particle effects, idc these effects..

Awe ikr! I hope you guys get that dmg stacked some more in the bulwark. It's not a bad weapon per se, our wars are all using it and it seems to be decent in PvE. But yeah seems like the consensus is to up the dmg a little more so it truly feels like a mythic. Right? Sts has heard enough noise on it, fingers crossed for you Ben.

keikali
07-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Up we go.

Hazezon
07-17-2014, 07:11 AM
I'll have to agree with Zeus. The gun does proc a lot, or at least it does in my experience. I notice the roots popping up quite easily in the event map but I haven't tested it in other maps.