PDA

View Full Version : Europe servers?

Zezima
05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey guys, one thing I've noticed is that there should be a server for all the European players, don't you agree? I always ping around 280-320 which makes the game very unstable and "laggy" which is really annoying.

So maybe you can host a server and have the option to switch server if you feel the ping bothers you?

Thanks.

/Z

Banned
05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Your ping is actually around average. It's the iPod that can't handle all the awesome. But if you really want a European server, why not send them a few thousand dollars. :p

BestHyun
05-11-2010, 03:33 AM
I just hope my ping won't shoot up if I plan to move to another foreign country.. =[

I don't really know much about servers and stuff, but wouldn't super fast internet/wifi supposedly improve ping as well (even though the server is far away)?

Demarrer
05-11-2010, 10:16 AM
wow, wonder why you can't delete posts on your own thread. Thank you Banned for your guess, but I'm waiting for an admins reply.
Banned is correct. The Devs themselves said if you are under 500 ping, then the game is running as they intended.

Zezima
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Banned is correct. The Devs themselves said if you are under 500 ping, then the game is running as they intended.

Still believe that the distance to the server affects the gameplay. I have an iPhone 3gs and and I'm lagging much more than my friends across the sea.

Justg
05-11-2010, 10:23 AM
There are two things that affect performance: ping and framerate.

Ping should be below 500 on average, worldwide. Framerate optimizations are occurring right now. Things do go slow on a 3G at the moment, we're working on it.

Skwerl
05-18-2010, 01:34 AM
There are two things that affect performance: ping and framerate.

Ping should be below 500 on average, worldwide. Framerate optimizations are occurring right now. Things do go slow on a 3G at the moment, we're working on it.
500 ping isn't half bad I mean when you click a mana based attack and it fires once they are dead no prob...

Anyhow yea the 3g has horrible frame rate
6 bad guys and 4 good guys equals 1-2fps