PDA

View Full Version : Ursoth's Assault Leader Boards Suggestion

Hazezon
07-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Put another leaderboard in game that shows the top points, regardless of level, and the type of character and level they are currently. This leaderboard would not be for prizes but would help those on top of the current leaderboards know if they might get bumped down if a lower level character has higher points and then levels up to 35+. How frustrating would it be if on the last day, after putting in countless hours of event map running, you're looking at yourself in top 10 and getting excited that you might get to own a shiny new Shady & Surge egg, and then in the last few hours, someone levels their twink up and bumps you out of contention for this prize. None of my characters are going for top 10 but if I spent all this time to get to top 10 and then suddenly get bumped down out of nowhere, I would probably rage quit. Some friends of mine have already given up because of this.

Milan Lame Man
07-10-2014, 08:51 AM
Really STS, we need to hear something from you, either way. Don't play dead please.

Nelrevete
07-10-2014, 09:25 AM
STS does not respond, probably because that posts such as Your are not very significant. Each becoming the event takes work, struggling with the same bosses on the same map, on the same principle. You also could choose the same strategies. There is nothing dishonest. They also pay and the use lots of gold and then have to quickly get 35lvl. That's two times more effort. This is a rivalry. U choose what strategy U want. Now everyone is crying something like that is not fair. For me this is a drama banana posts. Sorry dude. It's not cheating or something like this. You have to give everything if the race for LB and be aware of the risk that you will be left with nothing. Good luck. More lb page/option is crazy. I think they don't have time for that idea.

Hazezon
07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
You may see this as a "strategy", Nelrevete, but I look at it as a flawed leaderboard design. Why not show everyone's progress? It's a very simple concept.

Nelrevete
07-10-2014, 10:24 AM
You may see this as a "strategy", Nelrevete, but I look at it as a flawed leaderboard design. Why not show everyone's progress? It's a very simple concept.

I agree with you. Something like this should be before the event but now too late for such changes. STS is a small team that needs to handle the social, some games and future projects. Each places the posts of ideas for the game. It is great that these games will be better. You will be lucky if they read this post. They have a lot of work. Remi is working on Sundays, sometimes I see it. Their boss should hire more people and divided into several teams. Some people want maps in Star Legends others want changes in Dark Legends. Each poured frustration. Give them time to do everything. Sure Your request will also be made but in the next event I think.

Veluthe
07-10-2014, 10:53 AM
As much as I agree the issue with this possible exploit to get egg I doubt it'll do much good now considering event half over. But I hope sts considers these things in future events to make it fair to everyone.

Crowsfoot
07-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Or, just make all player who wrre below level 35 when the event started be unelidgable for the lb.

Remiem
07-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi there. As some of you mentioned, it is a little late in the game for us to add something like this now, but we will certainly consider this in the future. As a happy medium, I'll make a post soon that shows the overall points including twinks so you guys can get a good idea of where everyone stands.

Classychic
07-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi there. As some of you mentioned, it is a little late in the game for us to add something like this now, but we will certainly consider this in the future. As a happy medium, I'll make a post soon that shows the overall points including twinks so you guys can get a good idea of where everyone stands.

Remi, it was suggested in another thread by Hakoom and a few others that a separate LB be made for those who started and stayed as at below level 35 during the event in order to kill bosses and gain points faster. A lot of endgamers and 35+ players will be bumped off the top 10 if separation is not done. The low levels are laughing their heads off at endgamers trying to keep up with the level 35+ LB, when literally ALL OF THEM can be bumped of the board just like that

The twinks are not running blind, they can compare against the level 35+ board and easily overtake them. As for competition among themselves, it was them who created that, and it is because of their actions that they too are running blind. Why was there a leaderboard in the first place if it couldn't be a sufficient measure of where you stood?

STG team, you know it will be highly unfair to those on the level 35+ leaderboard now if results cannot be true to the board itself. If I slack in farming the event map and go down in rank as a result of that then that is my fault. But if I am running as much as I could and get wiped off the board because someone ran with the intention of just overtaking everyone on the board whilst his score is hidden, I think that'll give me enough reason to throw in the towel and give up hope on this game.

Yes, it may be STS' fault that bosses are not scaled properly to level. But this event has ran 10 days already. I cannot imagine the resources spent in order to achieve the points the endgamers now have on the board. It doesn't matter that those who used twinks have used more gold/plats than the endgamers. They have achieved scores unattainable for those who started AT THE LEVEL STATED ON THE LEADERBOARD. They are leading those on the board to think that they may not have a chance at the top prizes at all. They are making them run harder to catch up with twink scores they can only imagine.

Please don't tell us that it is too late to add a feature that will solve this mix up. We are 10 days into the event now. Create the separate leaderboard for those below level 35+ and as suggested, grant prizes for top 3 scores per class. Only 3. Because you cannot just discount the efforts of those who have started at level 35+. Yet you cannot also ignore the fact that the twinks spent a lot in order to compete for this event. However they did try to circumvent the board's mechanics, as well as thwart the efforts of those already on it. This way, you would still be sticking to the board's initial design, but also acknowledging the scores of those below level 35.

If someone could post a link of the thread with suggestions here, it would be highly appreciated. Sorry, tapatalk nub here :/

Edit: I think I got it.. Here's the link:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=163683

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...