PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway we could make a universal town? :x

Refriedchicken
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I know this is asking a bit much from a mobile game, but hear me out.

Would the economy not thrive if there was a universal town?

Maybe not even universal, but maybe a 50-75 people limit, rather than 25.

I realize it would be costly, but maybe Devs could make a donation bar, towards the goal?

I'd be in line to donate.

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
It lags a little with 25. Not bad but noticeable. With 75 I think the lag would be too bad. Our universal town is kinda Balefort. If you go to the map and choose enter balefort, thats the town most ppl chill in. The other townes in join menu are abandoned.

KingFu
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
The limit is 25 because on some devices that pl is available on, they can't handle anymore. Idk if the server could even handle that.

superglut2
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Id rather have an extra town that has a level resctriction of at least lvl 45. So no new players and just oldies. Thats what i would wanna see. (still a 25 limit)

Physiologic
01-10-2011, 04:08 PM
There's way too many limitations for mobile devices at the moment to handle such a large amount of people - if you look at many other graphic-intensive, server-sided multiplayer games on the iPhone/Droid market, the number of players is usually capped anywhere from 5 to 15.

I could see this more feasible if a server was dedicated to PC-only connections, if they ever decide to release it on computers.

StompArtist
01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Id rather have an extra town that has a level resctriction of at least lvl 45. So no new players and just oldies. Thats what i would wanna see. (still a 25 limit)

Great idea. Could be Balefort's Great Hall... just an extra room not even a town! Would also be nice to be able to start your own town like the levels. That way one could kick the nuisance players and the "guild" peeps could have a place to hang out.

superglut2
01-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I think its rly important if we have our own guild area ( town ) or maybe a hall or a building. Anything to chill with ur guild members.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm sure there will be guild areas. I know some other MMO's have private guild rooms. The size and niceness of the rooms depended on the reputation of the guild and how much money was invested into it. I think the best guild had a massive golden castle, that people could pay a small portion of gold to get into. But with thousands of players paying tour fee's, instant bank. :D god I miss that game..