PDA

View Full Version : Shadowlurk ability

Hail
07-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Hey all,
I recently bought a Shadowlurk pet for one of my twink warriors-mainly for its ability of +20%dmg and 20%crit when tanking for numerous rogues and mages however I have sadly realised that there is a glitch with the dmg bonus it gives on its arcane ability.
Shadowlurk's happiness bonus already includes 10%dmg so as anyone would expect, the arcane ability should give a whopping 30%dmg bonus to the user (no passives). This does not work however...the ability seems to cancel out the 10%dmg from the happiness bonus making only an extra 10% dmg added to your overall dmg. I tested this against my rogue using hammerjaw and the results work the same-disappointing and the Hjs dmg happiness was cancelled out and only earned a 20% bonus.
Was this meant to work this way because I was hoping for the full 30%dmg from happiness and aa.
Note I have tested the crit the aa gives and it works fine.
Also sorry if this is a repeated thread, i have not checked for a similar one like it but leave your suggestions - if it was meant to cancel out or not and/or you also were disappointed by the overall outcome..

Hail
07-11-2014, 05:55 AM
Shadowlurk info
Normal Shadowlurk stats
Stats with Shadowlurk aa

Bigboyblue
07-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Harmony,

The highest buff applies only in all cases for damage. Damage buffs do not stack. This includes any passive points you have for damage.

Hail
07-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Harmony,

The highest buff applies only in all cases for damage. Damage buffs do not stack. This includes any passive points you have for damage.

Yes I understand you completely but what troubles me is why the dmg does not stack yet the crit does when I had a friend use a ribbit (happiness bonus 7% crit) and when shadowlurks aa activated they got an extra 20% with a total of 20% and 7%.

Bigboyblue
07-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Certain things do stack. Crit buffs must stack, where as damage and I'm pretty sure armor don't. I know there is a thread somewhere in the forums that has all the information on what does and does not stack but I'm not sure where it is. Also, there are some community members that can answer this much better than me. I'm sure they will show up soon.

Saribeau
07-11-2014, 05:53 PM
if dmg and armor stacked....*shudder*.....oh that would be bad. think on this.

Hail
07-12-2014, 01:16 AM
if dmg and armor stacked....*shudder*.....oh that would be bad. think on this.

Aha would have its pros and cons :p
Guess thinking that it would stack to 30% would is too good to be true :/