PDA

View Full Version : Frozen vine mobs cannot be attacked

glengon
07-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Anyone else got this problem? When i use ice to freeze the vine mobs in the event, they will be invincible while frozen in place. Then ill have to wait till the freeze wears off before being able to attack it again..

EDIT: it only happens sometimes

Serancha
07-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes, I got this too on my twinky mage.

Madnex
07-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Yeah it happens if you freeze the mob as it's descending to go underground. Still, it cannot attack or move and you will see it frozen but in reality it's under the surface not above it.

SacredKnight
07-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Yeah it happens if you freeze the mob as it's descending to go underground. Still, it cannot attack or move and you will see it frozen but in reality it's under the surface not above it.

The reason why be freeze it is to stop it from going below and so we can kill it...logically speaking if it is frozen whilst going underground it should still be registered as above ground and susceptible to attack.

Madnex
07-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Yes, but what I'm saying is that there is a second before it dives underground that even though the animation of digging in has began, it's still susceptible to attacks; if that attack is frost bolt then the glitch occurs. The reason it only happens sometimes as mentioned above is that the glitch occurs only if the vine is frozen within that one-second timeframe.

SacredKnight
07-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Yes, but what I'm saying is that there is a second before it dives underground that even though the animation of digging in has began, it's still susceptible to attacks; if that attack is frost bolt then the glitch occurs. The reason it only happens sometimes as mentioned above is that the glitch occurs only if the vine is frozen within that one-second timeframe.
Ah, I see. But would the vine appear to have gone underground and froze or would it have frozen above ground in full form ( Attacking Position )

Madnex
07-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Ah, I see. But would the vine appear to have gone underground and froze or would it have frozen above ground in full form ( Attacking Position )
There is no frozen mid-ground or underground frame designed so no matter when you freeze it, it'll show as if it's frozen on surface (full vine visible) - that's what's troubling the original poster of the topic (since it shows the vine frozen above ground surface when it actually is underground hidden).

glengon
07-12-2014, 05:22 AM
Thx for the explanations guys..Other times when i freeze them theyre still attackable so i guess i shouldnt freeze em if theyre attempting to go underground..but still, this is kinda annoying..