PDA

View Full Version : Minimum level requirement to enter certain areas. Please fix this.

uratia
01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting really tired of people who are below level 10 entering the Alien Oasis and mooching experience. There needs to be something in place where you need to have a certain level in order to even enter some areas to prevent them from hogging up space in campaigns which could otherwise be open for more qualified players to contribute. Most of the time, people get annoyed and leave, rarely do they even get booted.

It would really help free up space for other people to level, and appropriately send these sub-par leveled characters back to their appropriate dungeons. Picking up the slack of a level 7 warrior in the Alien Oasis is pretty annoying.

My suggestion would be to impose a minimum level requirement on the higher level campaigns which are general access, while private games don't have this restriction so that if their friends want to help them, right on, they aren't crashing into other peoples games.

Kossi
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
you know you can boot them...right?

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Its annoying booting people in the middle of a boss farm. Nothing ticks me off more when your farming keeper with no pots as a mage, then some lvl 21 comes along and you can't boot or else you will die.

They should not get exp and should not be able to get high value drops. They should still be allowed in though, that way I can make fun of them for wasting their time because they arn't getting anything.

Ayrilana
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?15996-Map-Level-Restrictions

There will be an option for that in the next update. Of course that may not be for another month or so.

uratia
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Awesome, problem solved. Thanks for the heads up! :)

mycroftxxx
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
No, allowing them in at all is likely to get you killed… they will do things like run away from a boss right into you. Or get you killed stupidly trying to save them.

On the flip side, I'd also have a maximum level restriction. Level 50s should not be screwing around in lower level campaigns.

Phoenixking
01-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Mycro higher lvls should be able to screw around
What if they want to complete quest that they dropped to complete later ever thought of that
And as for level req i dont like that what if freind is helping to power lvl through dungeon i think its unfaor yo do restriction

Fyrce
01-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Um, if you have a particular goal/thing you want to try, a private dungeon really is better...

Oh, and most of my characters' friends lists are level restricted. So a low level toon will generally only have low level friends, a level 50 will generally only have level 50 friends. There are some exceptions, generally for alts, but that's how I make sure private games stay a certain level range. The level restrictions have not negatively affected gameplay. Generally players know to bring in the appropriate levels.

Oh yeah, for boss, you might need to leave a few minions in the hallways. I just went through doing quests in Ao2 and one time a level 8 was in the game. I didn't boot but he didn't last long. A couple hallways of fast running (I really like kiting D'Jinns to get minions as I'm killing the D'jinns and of course, there's nothing wrong with multiple D'Jinns - I don't see why AOEs should hit only one mob when the skill affects an area), and he left. Problem solved. So a few minions in hallways will save everyone a lot of trouble. Funny how by the time Ao2:5 rolled around, all the party members were level 41+ :) Every once in a while I get a brave level 38, but that's rare. LOL.

I even run this way in low level areas w/ my lowbies. Scares a lot of lowbies, too, but those who stick around get fast runs and no deaths. Gotta go back sometimes to help out those who stun/stop a boss. Good thing is generally I can keep aggro, so that's not much of an issue. Yippee! :)

Pharcyde
01-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Level 50s should not be screwing around in lower level campaigns.

Hello Level 25 Vyxnaar helmet that now costs 8 mil.
Hellow Level 32 Green Ice item that now costs 12 mil.

Not gonna happen, Level 50's are the heart and soul of low item economies. Examples above, block lvl 50's from these zones and prices will skyrocket.

mycroftxxx
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Mycro higher lvls should be able to screw around
What if they want to complete quest that they dropped to complete later ever thought of that
And as for level req i dont like that what if freind is helping to power lvl through dungeon i think its unfaor yo do restriction

Why bother? It's no challenge doing the quests when you're 25 levels over the dungeon.

elianel
01-09-2011, 11:07 PM
i don't care if they wan to play left them play

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Why bother? It's no challenge doing the quests when you're 25 levels over the dungeon.

Umm half the quests came out after many people were already lvl 50. We would still like to experience those quests, even if we get them done super fast.

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 12:05 AM
i don't care if they wan to play left them play

I'm happy for people to play any part they want, but I don't want them in the same game getting me killed. It ruins my experience. And it works both ways. Low level characters stir up nests and then die, leaving me to get attacked. High level characters brazenly walk into nests or do other things that a low level character simply cannot do without getting killed.

But by far the most “genius” thing I've seen was two mages in Frozen Nightmares wearing cyber armor but sporting crappy weapons so that everyone else got aggro. They basically didn't get touched through the whole campaign, everyone else got nailed on their behalf as they stirred up entire rooms.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Again... Instead of complaining, create a locked game.

Arterra
01-10-2011, 12:21 AM

I like trying out random lv50 teams in ao. So can't lock it.

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 12:24 AM

Thereby largely defeating the point of a MMORPG.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 01:26 AM

Soo your saying MMORPG = More Moaning Or Ridiculing Per Game?......

bladesword
01-10-2011, 02:50 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting really tired of people who are below level 10 entering the Alien Oasis and mooching experience. There needs to be something in place where you need to have a certain level in order to even enter some areas to prevent them from hogging up space in campaigns which could otherwise be open for more qualified players to contribute. Most of the time, people get annoyed and leave, rarely do they even get booted.

It would really help free up space for other people to level, and appropriately send these sub-par leveled characters back to their appropriate dungeons. Picking up the slack of a level 7 warrior in the Alien Oasis is pretty annoying.

My suggestion would be to impose a minimum level requirement on the higher level campaigns which are general access, while private games don't have this restriction so that if their friends want to help them, right on, they aren't crashing into other peoples games.

That means you jan(?) people cant power lv in alien oasis3.

bladesword
01-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Complains the december(?)

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Complains the december(?)

Way to be an elitist wank. Rock on.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Soo your saying MMORPG = More Moaning Or Ridiculing Per Game?......

Seems like it.
This forum has become more and more about complaining about personal problems than actual flaws in the game.

If you want to complain that locked games don't actually require a password, that would be a valid complaint. But if you don't like high level or low level players in your game, don't join random games. Host and boot or host and lock. If you're too lazy to do either, then you have no right to complain.
Yes, it's an mmorpg. So instead of coming here to complain, find friends you can play with who like your playing style. Then you can lock your games and and not bother the rest of us with your petty complaints.

Did I mention -- stop complaining?

Used to be we'd come on here to tell funny/frustrating noob stories. Now all everyone does is try to change the entire game to fit their personal playstyle. Perhaps that's what killed the game. The devs started paying attention to the pointless complaints instead of the helpful critiques.

Riccits
01-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Seems like it.
This forum has become more and more about complaining about personal problems than actual flaws in the game.

If you want to complain that locked games don't actually require a password, that would be a valid complaint. But if you don't like high level or low level players in your game, don't join random games. Host and boot or host and lock. If you're too lazy to do either, then you have no right to complain.
Yes, it's an mmorpg. So instead of coming here to complain, find friends you can play with who like your playing style. Then you can lock your games and and not bother the rest of us with your petty complaints.

Did I mention -- stop complaining?

Used to be we'd come on here to tell funny/frustrating noob stories. Now all everyone does is try to change the entire game to fit their personal playstyle. Perhaps that's what killed the game. The devs started paying attention to the pointless complaints instead of the helpful critiques.

full agree :)