PDA

View Full Version : Any Guides on DEX mage Build??

blackpc
07-11-2014, 07:50 PM
or input on how it goes? im just curious.

Energizeric
07-11-2014, 10:01 PM
No because it's an awful build. DEX is the one stat that mages do NOT have any use for.

Syberg
07-11-2014, 10:09 PM
I DO NOT recomend to use Dext for sorcerer.
Sorcerer's main attribute is mana, so think about mana as your main priority while playing as sorcerer.
Personaly I used ~7 skill points on STR, so I have a few lives more :-)
But Its good only for "tank" type sorcerers.
But dexterity has no-good effect for our magical heroes!

Theillist1
07-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Yes i have an amazing idea ... go full dex just like you want. Gear up with the most awesome dex gear you can find, get granite as a pet. Definatly name your pet... Masterbeatsme. Now you need some skills, You want to use passive sprint, shield and everything you can to protect yourself. Also The tornado sprint... now its time to enter PvP so everyone can farm your noob @$$!
Also feel free to join my guild I would love to help you!! My guild name is...<Wears A Cape IRL>

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Syberg
07-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes i have an amazing idea ... go full dex just like you want. Gear up with the most awesome dex gear you can find, get granite as a pet. Definatly name your pet... Masterbeatsme. Now you need some skills, You want to use passive sprint, shield and everything you can to protect yourself. Also The tornado sprint... now its time to enter PvP so everyone can farm your noob @$$!

Please, don't be that mean for newbies here!
Don't you like when more and more sorcerers enter to out little sub-comunity? Some time (Maybe long ago) you was new too! :-)
So, if someone ask a question, don't start to cuss at him.. That makes us, sorcerers and even all AL comunity look bad :/

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

blackpc
07-12-2014, 03:38 AM
Also feel free to join my guild I would love to help you!! My guild name is...<Wears A Cape IRL>

as stated dumb shiit, i was curious if anyone has tried it.. i knew it wouldnt be good but i wanted to know if anyone has tried it out. im not a noob just wanted to try something different with a mage

Haligali
07-12-2014, 03:53 AM
I tried during a free respec weekend, full dex+gears with dex main stat, it wont work.

kinzmet
07-12-2014, 08:40 PM
I tried during a free respec weekend, full dex+gears with dex main stat, it wont work.

I tried it on free respec too, DEX gives more damage than INT. But the skill damage using DEX is lesser than using INT.

Conclusion: INT increases damage and skill damage of sorccs, while DEX increases damage and DPS but not the skill damage

Note : 'Skill damage' means, the number you see when viewing the skill. Example Fireball have 245-306 damage with a sorc with 204.1 damage

blackpc
07-12-2014, 09:22 PM
cheers everyone.

Syberg
07-12-2014, 10:04 PM
I tried it on free respec too, DEX gives more damage than INT. But the skill damage using DEX is lesser than using INT.

Conclusion: INT increases damage and skill damage of sorccs, while DEX increases damage and DPS but not the skill damage

Note : 'Skill damage' means, the number you see when viewing the skill. Example Fireball have 245-306 damage with a sorc with 204.1 damage
exacly I do not think its right.. damage is skills damage, dps is weapon damage. Thats all.

Gragorak
07-13-2014, 09:23 AM
exacly I do not think its right.. damage is skills damage, dps is weapon damage. Thats all.
Nope, you're wrong.

Damage (the value shown on your profile): the damage your weapon's attack inflicts.
DPS: damage / weapon's speed.
Skill damage: abstract term, refers to how much damage your skills inflict.

Wutzgood
07-13-2014, 10:03 AM
I've tested it before and like others have said its not a good build. Of you want to try it just buy a full set of dex equip to see the difference. Your crit goes high but damage is lower than an int build.

Also damage is skill damage while dps is weapon damage. There is no abstract term for skill damage gragorak. Its just damage and bonus damage for skills. Dps is for weapons.

Gragorak
07-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Also damage is skill damage while dps is weapon damage. There is no abstract term for skill damage gragorak. Its just damage and bonus damage for skills. Dps is for weapons.
I said "skill damage is an abstract term". That means that there is no exact value for "skill damage", it's just a term that is used to describe how certain things affect the damage your skills inflict, for example "speccing int increases skill damage". Term "skill damage" is abstract term because it vas no axact value.

Damage and skill damage are different things. Damage is the damage your weapon inflicts, while skill damage is the damage your skills inflict. Other things than raw damage value on your profile affect skill damage too.

DPS is the damage divided by your weapon's speed. So yeah, it's pretty much useless stat.

kinzmet
07-13-2014, 12:00 PM
The only plus factor on DEX type build is "Health"
For some reason the DEX stat gives more health than STR or INT for a sorcc toon.

My level 16 twink sorcc is using DEX passive and high armor gears for PVP. It has 2500 health (very high health for level 16 sorcc) while an average INT type sorcc has 1200 to 1600 health.

Syberg
07-13-2014, 01:49 PM
For some reason the DEX stat gives more health than STR or INT for a sorcc toon.

My level 16 twink sorcc is using DEX passive and high armor gears for PVP. It has 2500 health (very high health for level 16 sorcc) while an average INT type sorcc has 1200 to 1600 health.
How much its exacly gives? Because for me it seems only adding crit :/ And str gives 10 HP which is pretty good compared to int..

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Gragorak
07-13-2014, 01:58 PM
For some reason the DEX stat gives more health than STR or INT for a sorcc tooon.
Actually, str gives 10 hp per point while dex gives only 5 hp per point.

Syberg
07-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Actually, str gives 10 hp per point while dex gives only 5 hp per point.
Thanks for true information!
Now we truly can see that DEX build is worthless for sorcerers!
Have a nice day Arlorians!

Wutzgood
07-14-2014, 01:10 AM
I said "skill damage is an abstract term". That means that there is no exact value for "skill damage", it's just a term that is used to describe how certain things affect the damage your skills inflict, for example "speccing int increases skill damage". Term "skill damage" is abstract term because it vas no axact value.

Damage and skill damage are different things. Damage is the damage your weapon inflicts, while skill damage is the damage your skills inflict. Other things than raw damage value on your profile affect skill damage too.

DPS is the damage divided by your weapon's speed. So yeah, it's pretty much useless stat.

Sorry not sure where you got that info but its false. Damage stat doesn't effect weapon damage at all. Tested it with expedition rifle(high damage/low dps), tribal staff(low damage/high dps), and magma staff (medium damage/medium dps).

Tested all 3 on the same enemies in tindrin. Auto attack weapon damage remained the same on all 3 weapons. Damage didnt effect weapon damage at all and there was a 100 point damage difference between tribal staff and expedition rifle.

Skill damage was directly effected by it and it shows right in the skill screen when looking at the skills. You can see the damage of the spells goes higher based on how high your damage is with exact numbers there.

This is in the sticky at the top also.