PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Jackpot

Baked-Potato
01-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Okay, so bare with me real quick. I love football, and every Steeler game (I'm from Pittsburgh and a die hard Steeler fan) I would make a grid similar to this:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/Baked-Potatoe/1294645341053.jpg

What I would do was I would charge $5 to my fellow pupils at school (yes, I gambled in school O: ) that were interested in a chance to win some cash. Once all 25 spots were taken and paid I would randomly assign spots on the grid where the numbers 1 - 25 are.

How this works is the numbers above and on the left side are the numbers of which the score ended in. If your numbers matched at halftime, you won 30% of the pot, and at the end of the game, you won the remaining 70%.

For example, say the score at Halftime was Team One: 17, Team Two: 10. I would look for the person with 7 for Team One, and 0 for Team Two. In this case, it's number 18. Thus, whoever 18 was, won 30%. Same thing goes for the final score.

To my point, I thought this would be a fun little thing to do with the Superbowl for all you football fans that play PL. I was thinking maybe a 10K entry fee? This could always change though, I just wasn't sure how much people would be willing to spend to enter. But with a 10K entry fee, that would be a 250K pot. Halftime winner would get 75K gold and the winner at the end of the game would get 175K. But if people want a higher entry fee, the winnings will greatly increase. For example, 20K entry fee = 500K pot = 150K for Halftime winner, and 350K for end game winner.

If you are interested, either PM me or post saying you want in. I will update the list of players who asked to join and who paid as frequently as possible.

Also, once the grid is complete, I will post a picture of the completed grid so the "contestants" (failed to think of a better word) know what numbers they have and use it for reference.

Suggestions and feedback are always welcomed.

*****CONTESTANTS*****
(Just Started)

Ersana
01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Lol Ive guessed the correct score 3 years in a row this is gonna be fun

Ersana
01-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh FYI Steelers are goin down RAVENS BABY

Baked-Potato
01-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Haven't you heard? Its said that the dead bird epidemic happening in the U.S. is coming to Pittsburgh. Starting around 4:30 until roughly 7:30. It is expected that birds, mainly ravens, will be dropping dead, mainly in the Downtown area around Heinz Field.

Ersana
01-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Ohhhh... Soo scary did you here that the rare Haloti Ngata bird has an squires taste for quarterbacks named Ben especially at 4:30. And the Ed Reed Bird likes picking off footballs at 4:30 that are passed by quarterbacks named Ben

KingFu
01-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Gambling is against STS rules, and they WILL ban for it! No gambling is to take place in PL, that's why they removed the "/roll" command.

Riccits
01-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Gambling is against STS rules, and they WILL ban for it! No gambling is to take place in PL, that's why they removed the "/roll" command.

off topic: wich sense ever had this roll command...? some ppl rolled numbers before they did boss and said it helps to get better loot.... LOL
i remember that i really hated in town when ppl continuosly rolled and make some scammy lottery...

TwinkTastical
01-12-2011, 03:38 PM
off topic: wich sense ever had this roll command...? some ppl rolled numbers before they did boss and said it helps to get better loot.... LOL
i remember that i really hated in town when ppl continuosly rolled and make some scammy lottery...
I auctally won a bunch of those, made at least 200k :D

Ersana
01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Well then i guess this post is useless

BlueMagma
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
100th Post, finally senior :)

That is all.

Rebel
01-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Falcons are definitely in it to win it!

KingFu
01-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Falcons are definitely in it to win it!

STOP MAKING NINJA APPEARANCES! EITHER COME BACK TO MAKE ME AN EPIC SIG. OR DONT!!!!!:o

Rebel
01-13-2011, 11:08 AM
STOP MAKING NINJA APPEARANCES! EITHER COME BACK TO MAKE ME AN EPIC SIG. OR DONT!!!!!:o

I might actually begin making sigs again. I won't play, but I'll chill out in the forums. We'll see.