PDA

View Full Version : Game lost its fun already!

cynic
01-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Hey all,
I like (d) the game very much, but im almost 50 and the game isnt that much fun as it was!
I cant seem to play a normal level. everybody is farming. Running like hell and leaving monsters alive just to kill the boss and leave the game!
9 out of 10 games its like this and its starting to get very borring.
9 out of 10 games i enter there are 1 or 2 mobs left and the group seems to be gone.

RedRyder
01-10-2011, 03:38 AM
Make some friends.

You then take those friends and invite them to a game.
You then use that game to make conversation.
You then use conversation to establish the form of play for that instance.
You then take that instance and repeat many many times and get happy.
You then take that happiness and utilize it to not take up thread space.

The games as fun as you make it. Once you've done all that, hit the level cap, gotten all the best items for the Lvl cap do what I did.

Break away from the game, stick around on the forums for update sake, and come back once something promising is announced. You're really in no position to complain if you haven't done all there is to do in the game yet. There's a crapload of stuff to take care of. Hitting Lv 50 is just the beginning.
That is all

Bigsleazy
01-10-2011, 03:38 AM
Make your own game then.

Also, your name matches this thread.

cynic
01-10-2011, 03:46 AM
I made friends , only thing everybody is only farming and running because everybody else does.
And my nick is just a name of a band and not who i am.

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 03:46 AM
The in-game chat facility is really not geared for significant communication, at least on my phone. And there is no out-of-band messaging at all. So that feature doesn't work too well for planning IME.

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Yah, same deal. The running is sort of a dumb non-optimization too. E.g., take Victory Lap. Okay, it saves you a few seconds initially. Except sometimes you get stunned and die, and it takes more time to recover and catch up with your team, who is down a member temporarily. Especially if you're doing the whole lap, saving even a minute at the beginning is just not worth the risk of getting killed.

But I get the impression other people don't take their death count nearly as seriously as I do.

cynic
01-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Im glad u agree! and victory leap? i cant even go there because everyone skips
another fact is that people use u to get to the endboss and then kick u out with the reason "sorry" just to get the loot for a smaller group.
This makes the game less fun to play!
did i mention this game rocks and is very cool otherwise i wouldnt play it!!
( for the ones that wanna link my nickname to my post)

RedRyder
01-10-2011, 03:55 AM
You wouldn't have a problem surviving if you leveled at the correct maps all the way to 50 and actually learned to play.
The chat feature works great on iOS but I can't speak for droid as I do not own one.

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 04:14 AM
If you can survive being stunned and stuck in the middle of a sniper, berserker and a lorekeeper with no help, I want to see it. 'Cause I don't believe it.

cynic
01-10-2011, 04:45 AM
u know what i thought this was a nice forum, never mind this!

I just wanted to explain why the game loses its fun, now when i read this , leave it, u all go and be a superhero and play as u do!

and yes i get killed as a full int mage while passing enemies that left behind when everybody is running for tha boss

RedRyder
01-10-2011, 05:34 AM
If you can survive being stunned and stuck in the middle of a sniper, berserker and a lorekeeper with no help, I want to see it. 'Cause I don't believe it.

I do it... All the time. Just gotta know how to play. Everyone does it.

FYI full int mages are worthless

cynic
01-10-2011, 06:35 AM
FYI full int mages are worthless

Like i said never mind u guys seem to know it all!

matta1985
01-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Like i said never mind u guys seem to know it all!

Well they do seem to have a few months of extra playing time on you so i guess they do know it all... But I agree with redryder, I played as a int mage for a while at lvl 50 and have since made a dual spec mage. Best thing i've ever done! So if you want to stay alive a bit longer, there is a good dual spec guide in the enchantress forum :)

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Again, instead of complaining...
Create a thread asking for people who like your playstyle to add you to their friends list and then invite them to your games.
Or, try hosting your own games and explaining what you plan to do before you start. That way anyone who doesn't like your playstyle can leave early on. And you can boot anyone who runs in doing their own thing.

The game offers a lot of tools to allow you to shape the game how you want it. Until you've used them all and they didn't work, you have no right to complain.

Arterra
01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Oh cmon guys. This is a valid point.

I tried hosting some games, and put " DES king Ol gurg keeper " into qwikchat, and when people see that keeper is last 1/3 leave. Half o the time a couple of people leave after we get to Ol, no warning. I'm about to start making a list of people who do this, and boot if I see them...

Anyway I too stopped really killing mobs, not even the center ones in vl. After DES, I put on pally mode (dual spec Mage!) and I have easier time going in to king first thru those middle guys. Heck, even when I forget to change I can get past on a keeper staff. Learn how those enemies work, how to multitask. Not to close to lore, he stops you. Same with Beserker. Use weakness to lower hit%, and try to fireblast lorekeeper away and sidestep berserker and yOu are good. Or go in right after the tank.

Not all of us here are cynics :) give us a try

Riccits
01-10-2011, 08:03 AM

I tried hosting some games, and put " DES king Ol gurg keeper " into qwikchat, and when people see that keeper is last 1/3 leave. Half o the time a couple of people leave after we get to Ol, no warning. I'm about to start making a list of people who do this, and boot if I see them...

just curious.... why keeper when ur done with quests??

cynic
01-10-2011, 08:25 AM

Anyway I too stopped really killing mobs, not even the center ones in vl. After DES, I put on pally mode (dual spec Mage!) and I have easier time going in to king first thru those middle guys. Heck, even when I forget to change I can get past on a keeper staff. Learn how those enemies work, how to multitask. Not to close to lore, he stops you. Same with Beserker. Use weakness to lower hit%, and try to fireblast lorekeeper away and sidestep berserker and yOu are good. Or go in right after the tank.

Thnx! I will think about a duel spec ( i already did and tried), 1 thing i like to play as full mage because of the strenght and tacktical issues.
The list will be long i guess :)

Phoenixking
01-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Its easy not dying as mage in pve you use mana sheild both blessings and then weakness

thugimmortal
01-10-2011, 10:13 AM
You wouldn't have a problem surviving if you leveled at the correct maps all the way to 50 and actually learned to play.
The chat feature works great on iOS but I can't speak for droid as I do not own one.

Lol red i like it

As for the chat on android its ok just i cant talk while fighting as my device is not a multi touch screen. spamming pots is a nightmare lol

Refriedchicken
01-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey all,
I like (d) the game very much, but im almost 50 and the game isnt that much fun as it was!
I cant seem to play a normal level. everybody is farming. Running like hell and leaving monsters alive just to kill the boss and leave the game!
9 out of 10 games its like this and its starting to get very borring.
9 out of 10 games i enter there are 1 or 2 mobs left and the group seems to be gone.

They're introducing new maps this week.
What MMORPG doesn't get boring.
Start a group if you don't like the ones you join.

FluffNStuff
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Kinda hard to complain about the last month. Sure, the Cyber quests turned AO3 in to Rush the Keeper and Shadow boxing, but there has been so much else. Spent a couple weeks twink farming the toy man. Then lately have froze a character at 35 to do all the swamp quests and some twink PVP. That has been the most fun I have had in a long time. And now they are coming out with Elite 50 areas.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 11:31 AM
You might have a valid point since you're hosting your own games and attempting to communicate.

But the thread creator said he joins games. If you're joining PUGs, you really have no right to complain. If you don't want to play the way others do, then make your own game. I'm so tired of hearing people complain about what happens in PUGs. The rush got Nerfed because some people didn't like that other people rushed. If all the people complaining about other people's games would just make their own, everyone could live in peace.

KingFu
01-10-2011, 11:36 AM
There are multiple things you can do. Make a game in crush the keeper, and wait for people to join. You can buy elixirs and solo crush the keeper. You can find friends around your lvl looking to level. You can farm with the friends and slowly gain xp. Take a break from pve and go merchant or pvp. Or you can give us you ign and ask for assistance leveling:)

Pandamoni
01-10-2011, 12:48 PM
When I got bored I just started talking to people or starting games and if lower levels came in I'd ask if they wanted to do a few runs to get xp. I've made "friends" that way and have met some really nice people. I'm generally a really social person so this makes it fun for me. I did have a guy invite me to his game and then message me and tell me to shut up if I want to play his game so I removed him from my friend's list.

By talking to people I've found out ways to play better (although I'm still learning and I'm sure there are things I do that would drive the real pro players crazy) and I've enjoyed the game more.

I'm not a hard core player and this is the only game like this I've ever played. Before this I think the last game I played with Donkey Kong for Nintendo or Super Mario Brothers! lol. But this one has offered enough to fart around doing that I've been able to make it fun.

Fyrce
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
What Panda said! I would say FRIENDS are more important than anything in this game.

Last night, I was invited and given a tell to help a Level 49 w/ Mynas. When I went, two other 50s also came, so maybe that's also how you do it.

You really should be able to survive the minions or run past them on your own. If you can't, you can try respec'ing, but I would suggest remedial skills classes first: Go to a lower level and learn your skills, with and without a group. Even a pure INT mage should be able to run past the middle of VL with very little problems. OK, once in awhile, you get ganged up on and your shield runs out, your pots run out and you can't heal. This is really VERY rare.

For bosses, you do like that other person. You ask for help. I dd not specifically remember that other, but they did not SPAM invite me, and they were on my friends list, which means that at one point, I had a good time playing with them. In that case, the group did Mynas and Keeper and one of the helpers got a skull rift shield. Keeper also dropped a Void shield, which at one point, would have been a good drop.

Personally, I went around for awhile picking up partially cleared levels. Like groups would leave Keeper and Mynas when they xp. Or leave TPaxx for shadows, etc. I thought that was great! I've also seen where some people got help w/ bosses and then cleared out the minions by themselves to open a level.

There are MANY ways. For an MMO, this is a fairly easy one. But of course, if people aren't friending you, it's time to figure out what it is about your play style that's turning people off... Because in any pickup group, except the worse ones, you should be able to find at least 1 new friend and probably 3 or 4.

In doing those Xmas armor quests in lower level dungeons and Ao2, I was very happy with the people I joined or who joined me. There are LOTS of nice people out there. There are LOTS of people who can play out there. This is an MMO. PEOPLE make the game. They will determine whether the game is fun or not.

As I was playing XMas farming games last night, I had the same thought as Fluff: I have had SO much fun this last month, even with tons of real life problems (no power, bad car transmission, blah blah). There was so much to do, so many new people on the friends lists, did the dev party last night and whined a lot (LOL), and I haven't even done everything yet and now there will be new stuff? I'm loving it. A lot.

My advice would be: Make making friends your MAIN priority. I'm not saying they need to know your real name or anything like that. I'm saying this is a game and people play with other gamers they like. Be a player they like playing with and you'll have so many places to choose from you'll sit around because you can't decide :P Be the bird that makes the group; the mage that saves the group tons of pots; the bear that keeps everyone alive. And joking doesn't hurt.

P.S. I still love it when someone tells my mage she saves him tons of pots, from pot spamming to barely using any. LOVE IT. And I love getting aggro on my bird: It means I ROCK! :)

(OMG, another long post! LOL)

RedRyder
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Lol red i like it

As for the chat on android its ok just i cant talk while fighting as my device is not a multi touch screen. spamming pots is a nightmare lol

Turn on auto-attack my friend!

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 01:50 PM
As a general rule, I'll friend anyone I think is playing well. My level 50 archer even friended a level 23 warrior who showed up in Frozen Nightmares and was doing a really good job with me. Besides, some day they will be level 50.

As for the VL lobby, WTF is the point of not just killing them? Why run at all when they're easy to kill? I just don't get it. Also, if you start a new game for each terminus it's not as bad, but if you teleport back to the lobby to go to the next location, there is a MUCH higher chance of losing to the ambush. And that is clearly how VL is intended to be played.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Personally, I prefer clearing the middle in VL. I tell people, though, so they know to do it. My one VL run with my bear the other day, my team forgot that I like to clear mid, since it's been so long since I played. I reminded them and waited while they killed plothozz, then they came back and we cleared mid (or maybe I should say THEY did, bc my bear was barely scratching anything lol).

Point is, you need to communicate in this game. Your best tool if you prefer a specific play style, is the boot button. Host a game, communicate, and boot anyone who doesn't listen. Simple.

Fyrce
01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
You should be able to survive a few hits (now) and that's all you need to get to the next portal. Assuming you know which one it is. As for the respawn or revive thing, for mage, it's much easier than for birdie. Mage needs to hit shield as soon as they respawn. Then they can deal w/ whatever, but the goal is to run away, right? So firestorm, maybe ice, then heal and run as fast as possible to portal. Alternatively you can go out and come back in, though that really takes longer.

Your group should be able to keep going until you join them. Or they will wait for you. Sometimes a bear or pally will come back for you but that really shouldn't be necessary w/ a mage and certainly not now that mobs are nerfed.

Snakespeare
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
You might have a valid point since you're hosting your own games and attempting to communicate.

But the thread creator said he joins games. If you're joining PUGs, you really have no right to complain. If you don't want to play the way others do, then make your own game. I'm so tired of hearing people complain about what happens in PUGs. The rush got Nerfed because some people didn't like that other people rushed. If all the people complaining about other people's games would just make their own, everyone could live in peace.

I agree almost completely, except that the rush got nerfed because the devs wanted it nerfed. They aren't pushovers, as you should know by now. People like me who consider rushing to be an exploit that is tantamount to cheating tried for MONTHS to convince them to nerf the rush. They did not do it. It seemed like they were not listening. It seemed like they were allowing people to cheat. Then one day they made the bosses spawn after clearing in level 40, 45, and 50. This was MONTHS later. So don't act like the devs are pushovers who give in to every little complaint. They take our input, but they make their own choices.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Snake, what made them nerf the game to hell?
Why don't they ever stick to their gut instinct? Every time the game is challenging and fun, they nerf it to boredom.

Most people I know, including me, were enjoying the game before 1.5, when ao3 was challenging and required a balanced team of all three classes.
But some people had trouble, and it got Nerfed. Now everyone's bored and leaving.

But if you ask any devs about it, they say many people find it hard.

So all I can assume is that a few people complained and it was changed.

If you ask me, 1.5 killed PL.

Snakespeare
01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I don't want to start it all up again, either. Let's just leave it. You said your peace, right? 'cuz I did. :)

Domarin
01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I can understand your frustration, but I assure you, if you go in to games in AO1 and 2 and talk to people that are around your level, and not rushing bosses, you will build friendships. These friends you can later ask to join in on a Keeper full clear run or a VL full clear; whatever suits your needs. Feel free to add me, as I don't mind the occasional no rush running :D

Good luck,

Domarin

PS - Add Alustrae, that's my main.

Snakespeare
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Besides, you can always read the guide that is posted for how to farm. Even if you don't farm, it is wise to observe the etiquette he lays down in there. Ask people what they plan, be prepared to pot up if asked, and leave if it's not the right game for you.

Physiologic
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
No MMO is created nor patched perfectly.

Kossi
01-10-2011, 03:49 PM
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ._____________
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| ..don't feed.. |
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| ...the troll... |
. . _____________________________________________ ¯¯¯¯¯¯||¯¯¯¯¯¯
' . .||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . .'||' . . . . . . . ||
__||____||____||____||____||____||____||____||____ ||____||__ . . . . . ||‹ˆ*¬›º›•¤-\________________________________________________/ ¸•›¬*ˆ..::;;;
ˆ*¬›•¸ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ¸•›¬*ˆ ....::::;;;;
;;;;:::..ˆ-*º›¸ .. . . . . . . . . (\,,,,----,,,,/) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ¸›º*-ˆ.......::::::::;;;;;;
;;;;;;:::::.......ˆ›•¸ . . . . . . .|,' o ¸¸ o ',| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .¸ •›ˆ ...........:::::::;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;:::::::........'-, ' . . . . \', |\,,,,,,/| ,'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-' ..........:::::::::;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::::.....\ . . . . //,' ¨¨. )( ¨¨ ',\\ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ .........:::::::::;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::::...º‹¸ .. //|; ............. ;|\\ . . . . . . . . . . . ¸‹º ......::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::::.....*º›¸ \', ........... ,'/ . . . . . . . . . ¸‹º* .........::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::::::......ˆ› /_|¨**¨|_\ ‹ˆ*¬›º›•¤-ˆº¤ ..........::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;

Kossi
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Lol messed up

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Lol fail!!!!

derricks2
01-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I am bored with the game too.

Don't get me wrong I think the game is great and has amazing potentail, but even before 1.5, once you have the gear, theirs nothing left to do. They need to make some sort of achievement system, or some ongoing way to continue to improve your character other than levels and gear. Both levels and gear are easily gotten. Even if they made gear harder to get, it still to simplistic of a system and it makes everyone the same. Theirs no diversity of templates or anything. I can power level a character to 50 with 0 kills and throw a mil in the market and buy the best stuff and have a character thats statistically as good as someone who has palyed their same class toon for 6 months and has 100k kills. This shouldn't be the case.. their should be some inate bonus's that you gain as you progress your charcter over time so that even between expansions you can still better your character.