PDA

View Full Version : Questions about making a pally.

Misa
01-10-2011, 05:50 AM
1. How do you guys suggest to train a mage fast to become a pally? For EXAMPLE, pure int mage until (?) level, then change to a paladin?

2. Would someone tell me what skills to build, (ALL the skills, like 5-5-5-5 whatever.)

3. Are paladins good for farming? If not, what's the best?

4. What stats should i add for my paladin? I'm not going PvP at all, i'm going all pve, til i get end-game gear, and get my other chars up to lvl 50. Should i dual spec 125 str/129 int, or 158 str and rest int, or ............................?

5. What end-game armor should i get?

Thanks.

Echelong
01-10-2011, 07:48 AM
If you are going PVE then forget about pally. I would suggest going pure till 50 getting all your Cyber Armor (quests from the shadow guy in Crush the keeper; King Mynas room)

Paladins are not very good for pve due to the fact that they have very limited mana regen. Either go Dual Spec you can use the extra armor from paladin gear for bosses like OL although you don't need it and change to pure to farm and kill mobs faster. But paladins are more a pvp kinda setup.

Ellyidol
01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
1. Personally i was a pure int Mage til 50. Didn't try pally unti 50 and was surprised how good it was in both pvp/pve. This is a dual spec though. Heard they are pretty good to level but be prepared to spend for pots.

2. Pretty much like a pure int, though the mana shield is up to you.

3. For the mage class, i find pally better than int. I just don't worry about dying that much, and i can still do good damage. All classes are useful.

4. I suggest dual spec. Since your just going to pve, the point of a pally is just to have enough str to use gear. The rest in int.

5. If your going for cyber armours, then rift. If not, then a rift set. If your planning to use your dual, then a cosmos set too.

ProSophist
01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Never get cyber rift if you want to be a pally or dual spec.
Get cyber cosmos instead then save up for rift set.

KingFu
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
125 str/129 int

I wouldn't be pally for pve though since the pottage is so annoying.

1) That works, just don't power level, it'll pay off in a long run.

2) hmmm. Lemme check my Mage.

5-4-5-1
5-4-5-4
5-1-5-5

3) too low Ms, for farming I like pure int Mage.

4) Ye, 125 str/129 int

5) Rift set fo sho.

Duke
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm working on leveling a pally from the start -- currently up to level 27. Potting is an issue, but I'm managing to basically break even with replenishment by keeping my totals in the teens and lower 20's (as soon as you hit 25 mana pot, pot up if you have anything less than max mana). Big fights are a drain, but general mob clearing can help build the reserves back up.

For skills, without respecs, I focused on maximizing Heal and Lightning early, put minimums in Frostbite and Ice Storm to set up Hot Flash combos, and put as much into Fire Storm as possible, 1 rank in Revive, of course.

For now, I passed completely on Drain Life and Magic Shield, but I'm trying to slip in ranks of Weakness and Nightmare as I can. 1 rank each in the two Blessings for now. I figure my current priorities are to finish up Fire Storm, then Nightmare, then Weakness, then Drain Life. No point putting even 1 into Magic Shield until I can stat generating some decent M/s regen. Higher levels will see the increases to the two Blessings (Vitality, then Might), and any remaining points into Ice Storm.

Misa
01-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh, thanks guys, then would you recommend being a pally if you're new, not really funded at all, and if this is the first character you're training to lvl 50? Also, is a dexchantress any good? I thought int already added hit%. I'm finding pure int mages to be very common, boring, as they only add one stat. I want something fun and exciting and powerful to play with.

Duke
01-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Pure INT is probably the most effective, in terms of power. With the current balance, it's probably the most powerful build in the game (though they certainly benefit from having a good tank and a DEX bird in the party). I've found that pallies are a bit tougher to level up -- better defense, and you can take more of a pounding, but your damage output is a lot lower, and you'll have trouble generating mana fast enough to offset that with skills.

It's also hard to be a really good tank because you're not doing enough damage to draw aggro. Your team really needs to let you draw attention before charging in -- it can work, but only with experienced players.

Arterra
01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
for first char pally is not a good choice. either a int or dex mage works well until you reach 40-50, then load up on mana regen items or rift (not the new hate set! it leaves you with 98% hit) and rock out with survivability and aoes.
ps using pots is not bad. rift regen is good enough for a medium funded player. you get drops to cover expenses from common mobs anyway.

Lesrider
01-13-2011, 10:34 AM
for first char pally is not a good choice. either a int or dex mage works well until you reach 40-50, then load up on mana regen items or rift (not the new hate set! it leaves you with 98% hit) and rock out with survivability and aoes.
ps using pots is not bad. rift regen is good enough for a medium funded player. you get drops to cover expenses from common mobs anyway.

Lol does this mean no one's gonna want my Hate pally in any of their games?
Dangit do I have to buy my helm and body back from range?

Zerious
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I HIGHLY recommend dex mage up to around level 40. Dex gives you your hit rate and damage base that you'd need and int would allow you to cast spells with a decent amount Of power in them. What I'd do is put just enough int on my elf to wear int gear and put the rest in dex. Kind of a dual spec. This way you're balanced. Only downside would be that this build is fragile, and seeing that you like pallies I honsetly have to say this build may not be for you, but as far as pve goes, I've done very well. My main is a bowchantress and I love it even though I pvp with pallies :)

Zerious
01-13-2011, 01:01 PM
To add to my last post, the reason I recommend int gear over dex gear is because int gear typically has more regen, and more regen means less pots used :)

Misa
01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Mkay, thanks. It's just so BORING to be pure int, just adding all into pure int. I know it's a good build for farming and stuff, but still... Guess i'll wait until i'm lvl 50. Lazy to train. BTW, does anyone know a good place to farm gold? Like a place where i can get lots of good items to sell, or a place where there's a lot of mobs that give lots of gold?

Arterra
01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Mkay, thanks. It's just so BORING to be pure int, just adding all into pure int. I know it's a good build for farming and stuff, but still... Guess i'll wait until i'm lvl 50. Lazy to train. BTW, does anyone know a good place to farm gold? Like a place where i can get lots of good items to sell, or a place where there's a lot of mobs that give lots of gold?
emmm, only real way to make gold is to pretty much farm items to sell. all the millions of gold in the market come from months of labor...

that said... good luck

Misa
01-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Damn. But is there a particular map that gives lots of rares/epics/legendaries? A popular map that lots of farmers farm in?

Sky../
01-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Damn. But is there a particular map that gives lots of rares/epics/legendaries? A popular map that lots of farmers farm in?

But if there are lota of farmers farming for the same item, you'll have a lot of competors selling the same item.

Misa
01-14-2011, 06:22 PM
*sigh*. That's true. I hate levelling. -_-

Pharcyde
01-14-2011, 07:13 PM
1. How do you guys suggest to train a mage fast to become a pally? For EXAMPLE, pure int mage until (?) level, then change to a paladin?

2. Would someone tell me what skills to build, (ALL the skills, like 5-5-5-5 whatever.)

3. Are paladins good for farming? If not, what's the best?

4. What stats should i add for my paladin? I'm not going PvP at all, i'm going all pve, til i get end-game gear, and get my other chars up to lvl 50. Should i dual spec 125 str/129 int, or 158 str and rest int, or ............................?

5. What end-game armor should i get?

Thanks.

1.) Pally training is expensive no matter what level. Not only expensive but brutally slow. I suggest getting lvl 50 as a Int mage then making the switch. Also it makes you a much more effective paladin, because you have learned to survive well with really low armor for most of the game.

2.) PvE spell build.
5-0-5-1
5-2-5-5
5-1-5-5

3.) depends on what you mean by farming
Paladins are good for farming in groups. They tank well and are still fairly fast at mob nuking. They can solo pretty well, but not very fast.
Int Mages are the fastest clearers in the game. Any kind of farming can be sped up greatly by the massive nukage by a mage. They can solo pretty well because they can kill mobs before mobs even get to hit the mage.

4.) Do 158 str and rest int if you struggle with survivability. If you have gotten survivability down and understand the concept of dual equipping down, then go 125 str/129 int. If your dual equipping the new elite items, you might need to change the stat build a little bit. I have not tested it yet to see how to dual them yet.

5.) Int Mage - Get Keeper ELITE Gear. Best PvE based stats. Use a wand/doll and keeper staff. Good to have both on hand.
Paladin - Either of the two rift set bonus's or Hate ELITE gear. Both are good for PvE.

Subterraneous
01-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Do you need a 158 str build pally to equip rift or hate gear?

Arterra
01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
I dont like hate paladin. If I can get a full rift I'll switch back, but right now hate pally has 98% hit. I don't think a brawl with debuffs flying everywhere would be pretty.

Misa
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
So, with all the new sets out, which is the best? Is rift still the top?

Arterra
01-15-2011, 10:53 PM
i vote rift for pally, yes. if you insist on hate, just make sure to get a shock lance or at least a pink limbchopper.