PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE Know Who Has The Name Avid?

AvidLegend
07-13-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm looking for the original Avid name which I assume was likely taken forever ago and lost into the abyss.

synfullmagic_23110
07-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Probably is

3-D Romeo

AvidLegend
07-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Im asking mod/dev team too. Hopefully I get lucky.

Sheugokin
07-13-2014, 05:58 PM
What are you trying to do if you find it? >: )

Reunegade
07-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Sheu, I personally asked mods if selling/buying names is allowed. They said we are allowed to, but if we get scammed there is nothing we can do about it.

synfullmagic_23110
07-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Im asking mod/dev team too. Hopefully I get lucky.

Ohh well you should've put "mod/dev" instead of "ANYONE" JS

3-D Romeo

Reunegade
07-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Ohh well you should've put "mod/dev" instead of "ANYONE" JS

3-D Romeo
"Too"

ign Boss
07-13-2014, 08:44 PM
I know who has the name avid. I met him once. His name was Avid.

ign ALL HAIL

Jig
07-13-2014, 10:15 PM
This is not fair, if you get a mod to get you that name then, why can I not get my original in AL?

And I know Jig in AL is probably not even being used.

Laar
07-13-2014, 10:45 PM
This is not fair, if you get a mod to get you that name then, why can I not get my original in AL?

Do you know that Rescind has the name Jiggling?

Spyce
07-13-2014, 11:35 PM
IGN: Avid, Meet me in-game.

DivineMoustache
07-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Tbh, I think if the name is under a banned acc, it should be up for grabs. Otherwise, no.

Schnitzel
07-14-2014, 12:28 AM

Same with "Ruizhe" in AL, there's a high chance no one is even using that name :(

Oldcoot
07-14-2014, 12:45 AM
How about Oldcoot , someone got it in al :( now I'm oldcootxx there an don't like it

AvidLegend
07-14-2014, 01:26 AM
IGN: Avid, Meet me in-game.

Are you for real?

AvidLegend
07-14-2014, 01:27 AM
I know who has the name avid. I met him once. His name was Avid.

ign ALL HAIL

The level at which you troll me is getting entertaining...

Jig
07-14-2014, 02:07 AM
Do you know that Rescind has the name Jiggling?

Nope, I don't mind he can keep it, not that he will give it anyways O.o

Same with "Ruizhe" in AL, there's a high chance no one is even using that name :(

Yeah :/ sucks how devs can't help, they used to...

How about Oldcoot , someone got it in al :( now I'm oldcootxx there an don't like it

I know how you feel.. :-(

Rescind
07-14-2014, 03:51 AM
I heard my name being said in here

JTZ
07-14-2014, 10:34 AM
I heard my name being said in here

You're famous

for the lulz
07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
avid ur like a goose . A really cute goose but sometimes i feel embarrassed when u get trolled by others.

Trenton
07-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Avid Sheriff obviously doesn't have the name

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheugokin
07-14-2014, 02:59 PM

Or does he????? >.<

Spyce
07-14-2014, 03:32 PM

I do, I'm willing to bet all of 1g.

programmed
07-14-2014, 04:54 PM
avid ur like a goose . A really cute goose but sometimes i feel embarrassed when u get trolled by others.

Hmm...I own geese on my farm and they're all vicious little monsters who will yell at you and chase after you if you do anything they don't like. I don't see that in avid ;)

AvidLegend
07-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Hmm...I own geese on my farm and they're all vicious little monsters who will yell at you and chase after you if you do anything they don't like. I don't see that in avid ;)

I do get a little snappy when I have to defend myself from thread attacks sometimes. Derails the thread as a result most times unfortunately.

Jig
07-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Again, as an on-topic discussion, Doe ANYONE know who has the name "Avid" in Pocket Legends?

That's all we need to know. :)

Smithyyy
07-14-2014, 10:36 PM
He was on two weeks ago, if you're looking for him. By the way, knowing that you're pretty rich from selling those Black Dragon pieces and ditching the giveaway, I'm pretty sure that he won't sell his name for any amount offered to him. Good luck though! =)

SillyJuan
07-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Avidlegend sounds better imo

Jig
07-15-2014, 12:08 AM
He was on two weeks ago, if you're looking for him. By the way, knowing that you're pretty rich from selling those Black Dragon pieces and ditching the giveaway, I'm pretty sure that he won't sell his name for any amount offered to him. Good luck though! =)

And this is who...?

AvidLegend
07-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Avidlegend sounds better imo

Avidlegend will always remain my main but I felt it would be a good name for an alt.

AvidLegend
07-15-2014, 12:42 AM

Here we go another uninformed person raging about my mass giveaway turning into smaller but still awesome giveaways. Check in the trader section for a thread that angeldawn felt she needed to derail with this same subject and get educated on the subject please :) then come back and contribute again to threads main point.

Burningdex
07-15-2014, 06:07 AM
just make avLd (like the q, it looks like an i)

Jig
07-15-2014, 07:17 AM
just make avLd (like the q, it looks like an i)

Not always name goes full caps at times I'm sure

DivineMoustache
07-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Here we go another uninformed person raging about my mass giveaway turning into smaller but still awesome giveaways. Check in the trader section for a thread that angeldawn felt she needed to derail with this same subject and get educated on the subject please :) then come back and contribute again to threads main point.

Don't take this offensively, but I've never seen you giveaway anything. Do you make forum posts to alert people or are they just spontaneous contests? I just wanna get my money grubbing hands into some competitions fer munies. :eagerness:

Jig
07-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Don't take this offensively, but I've never seen you giveaway anything. Do you make forum posts to alert people or are they just spontaneous contests? I just wanna get my money grubbing hands into some competitions fer munies. :eagerness:

He has been holding a fair few contests I heard, I went in game and he told me so also.

Let's make it simple, pm him, ask him when he is doing another contest, add him (In-Game) and keep up to date when he has another contest.

for the lulz
07-15-2014, 09:10 AM
avidgoose best imo

AvidLegend
07-15-2014, 04:00 PM

They are usually random. I don't have an option to play the same time everyday so somedays I'll be online and bored and I'll just host one by advertising in town and moving the party to shadow caves. Several players have posted screen shots of these events on forums they aren't hard to find. And if you want better odds of joining add avidlegend in game and if you see me in shadow cave join me :)

AvidLegend
07-15-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm sorry you misinterpreted the main point of my post. The main point was to tell you that you would not be able to get the name "Avid", assuming you were to buy it had you found the original owner. Of course, you completely ignored that and basically jumped on me immediately because of that tiny little detail that I included, which is actually 100% factual - you did "promise" to give away all your gold from selling Black Dragon but then you did ditch those contest giveaways, did you not? No denying those facts. This just goes to show your quick temper and tendency to argue/flame-bait about something that you were wrong about, and of which you should be penitent instead of cantankerous all the time.

Also, in the ironic sense, it is not I who derailed this thread. I actually contributed a lot to the thread's main point. See above; I told you information about the owner of the name "Avid". Nowhere in my post did I start berating you or flame-baiting; I simply pointed out straight-forward facts.

On the other hand, YOU are the one responsible for starting the flame-bait and derailing of your own thread. Please compare my original post to yours, which I quoted above. You will notice that my post was on topic. Yours was not a contribution at all, but rather just a whole flinging of rage at me with no other goal whatsoever. What's more ironic is that I actually contributed to this thread, while you, who claims that I derailed it, are the sole owner of that responsibility.

Thank you, and please, if you feel the incentive to keep beating the dead horse of this argument, mail my Inbox instead of posting here and further derailing this discussion.
-Smith

I said Angeldawn derailed another thread didn't say you derailed this thread until now. If you can't tell I'm defensive about people attacking me for the wrong reason. I didn't give away 200m in one giveaway, but I've given away 65m in the past few months over about 10 giveaways. I'm not a bad person and when people complain about my huge giveaway not happening it pisses me off because it's ridiculous. Players go out of their way to point out I haven't given away "enough" gold in their opinion as if in obligated to do so. I was leaving and did plan to give all my gold away but with the new inspiration I've found in the game I plan to stay and to continue to make players happy with my giveaways. And I will post this once again publicly not privately to try and inform players like yourself so I will eventually stop being attacked for being a good person but apparently not good enough for your standards. My promise to giveaway all my gold depended on both me leaving and mod support so I could host a giveaway the way I wanted which would have been very different from the average giveaway, but seeing as I am currently planning to stay because of new interest in the game and that the mods never got back to me after the first couple emails with them because they were "too busy", the giveaway didn't happen and won't unless I plan to quit again. Be happy I'm staying, a long term devoted player of PL, and that I'm still hosting giveaways literally every other week if not more. Saying I lied means that I had alternate intentions when trying to promote my giveaway which I don't know what you could possibly think they were, but if you come up with something or it's already on your mind please share so I can clarify because people attacking my character as a person really grinds my gears. Feels like I'm being hated by people for no reason in my eyes and you must be able to see how frustrating that is. And you aren't the first to do so, so don't feel my anger is all from your post, it's not. It's an accumulation of all the posts that players are making against me for no reason.

Smithyyy
07-15-2014, 10:53 PM
I said Angeldawn derailed another thread didn't say you derailed this thread until now. If you can't tell I'm defensive about people attacking me for the wrong reason. I didn't give away 200m in one giveaway, but I've given away 65m in the past few months over about 10 giveaways. I'm not a bad person and when people complain about my huge giveaway not happening it pisses me off because it's ridiculous. Players go out of their way to point out I haven't given away "enough" gold in their opinion as if in obligated to do so. I was leaving and did plan to give all my gold away but with the new inspiration I've found in the game I plan to stay and to continue to make players happy with my giveaways. And I will post this once again publicly not privately to try and inform players like yourself so I will eventually stop being attacked for being a good person but apparently not good enough for your standards. My promise to giveaway all my gold depended on both me leaving and mod support so I could host a giveaway the way I wanted which would have been very different from the average giveaway, but seeing as I am currently planning to stay because of new interest in the game and that the mods never got back to me after the first couple emails with them because they were "too busy", the giveaway didn't happen and won't unless I plan to quit again. Be happy I'm staying, a long term devoted player of PL, and that I'm still hosting giveaways literally every other week if not more. Saying I lied means that I had alternate intentions when trying to promote my giveaway which I don't know what you could possibly think they were, but if you come up with something or it's already on your mind please share so I can clarify because people attacking my character as a person really grinds my gears. Feels like I'm being hated by people for no reason in my eyes and you must be able to see how frustrating that is. And you aren't the first to do so, so don't feel my anger is all from your post, it's not. It's an accumulation of all the posts that players are making against me for no reason.

I understand now. I apologize if anything in my previous post was outright berating (I've cleared it up). It's good to see that you respectfully replied to my post. I won't irritate you for this matter in the future then.

Good luck with the search though!

Jig
07-15-2014, 11:06 PM
I understand now. I apologize if anything in my previous post was outright berating (I've cleared it up). It's good to see that you respectfully replied to my post. I won't irritate you for this matter in the future then.

Good luck with the search though!

Lol. Wow.

AvidLegend
07-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Lol. Wow.

Does it seem sarcastic to you too? Or is it my defensive stance that makes it appear that way?

Jig
07-16-2014, 12:53 AM
Does it seem sarcastic to you too? Or is it my defensive stance that makes it appear that way?

Your not alone, I feel it to...

Oldcoot
07-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Sickm avid,

AvidLegend
07-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Sickm avid,

I think he is done but I feel like there are others like him still to come... Unfortunately >.<

iamthesurvivor
07-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Smityy-#rekt #hatersgonnahate

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oldcoot
07-16-2014, 01:59 AM
You know I'm kidding , here's my advise for what it's worth,

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/oldcootxx/5A3F295A-3117-44AE-8097-D1BB41B9E5F8_zpsg1s5y0po.png (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/oldcootxx/media/5A3F295A-3117-44AE-8097-D1BB41B9E5F8_zpsg1s5y0po.png.html)

Jig
07-16-2014, 08:05 AM

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/oldcootxx/5A3F295A-3117-44AE-8097-D1BB41B9E5F8_zpsg1s5y0po.png (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/oldcootxx/media/5A3F295A-3117-44AE-8097-D1BB41B9E5F8_zpsg1s5y0po.png.html)

I like this, for me I would choose the ways of a lion over anything.

Dark blue of my sig is similar to this actually. ;)

snowfu
07-16-2014, 02:01 PM

At least you know in Arlor there is some Ruizhe fangirl or fanboy out there somewhere...

AvidLegend
07-16-2014, 02:30 PM

It's a good quote, but I've worked hard and given a lot for the reputation I've built around avidlegend, and seeing someone else (who I would hope would also want to be friends) tarnish my reputation isn't okay. I don't care what these people think per-say, but I do fear the negative rumors they start among others who are not informed. I get PM's now, "read on forums your a liar, this giveaway must be a scam somehow, your a terrible person, etc" and its upsetting for me. The only thing holding me to PL is the community that I love and to see new members and some old ones turn their back on me is saddening. That's all.

Jig
07-16-2014, 09:21 PM
That is pretty bad... Some people need to get a brain.

Laar
07-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Yeah, a lot of people aren't smart enough to make logic into sense and only take words when uncooked.

ClassDissMissed
07-17-2014, 12:15 AM

wear ken eye bye wan

AvidLegend
07-17-2014, 01:05 AM
wear ken eye bye wan

Come again?

Jig
07-17-2014, 04:52 AM
wear ken eye bye wan

You say whaaa..?

angeldawn
07-19-2014, 08:34 AM

I don't know why u insist on mentioning me.

My post to the trade thread wasn't a derailment. In that thread you said u could be trusted without a middle person for the deal.

In my mind, if someone makes and promise and doesn't keep their word, whatever the reason, they aren't to be trusted.

Good luck with that name search :)

AvidLegend
07-20-2014, 03:50 AM
I don't know why u insist on mentioning me.

My post to the trade thread wasn't a derailment. In that thread you said u could be trusted without a middle person for the deal.

In my mind, if someone makes and promise and doesn't keep their word, whatever the reason, they aren't to be trusted.

Good luck with that name search :)

That's the thing though is you do know me and you do know I can be trusted. You felt that because I got more than what you thought my black dragon set was worth that I was ripping people off and ever since then have had it out for me. It was BLACK DRAGON! And it got into a bidding war between two very interested buyers which I was very happy about. Why wouldn't I want more for my set? More for a giveaway which at the time I still very much planned to host? It wasn't your money, he was happy to get the set and has since bought several other high prices items he isn't broke because of it. So if you are attacking because you feel like the victims angel or something check again everything is fine and the world moved on. Get over the fact that my giveaway isn't what myself or anyone hoped it would be and be happy with what I am doing. It's always a fine line between love and hate, because it's when people you love betray you that you feel most hurt. We were good friends once and it really upsets me when you attack me all the time for no reason. I feel like I hate you, because I feel betrayed. Do you like that you have made it come to this? Is your reason for doing so worth it in your opinion?

ign Boss
07-20-2014, 04:38 AM
That's the thing though is you do know me and you do know I can be trusted. You felt that because I got more than what you thought my black dragon set was worth that I was ripping people off and ever since then have had it out for me. It was BLACK DRAGON! And it got into a bidding war between two very interested buyers which I was very happy about. Why wouldn't I want more for my set? More for a giveaway which at the time I still very much planned to host? It wasn't your money, he was happy to get the set and has since bought several other high prices items he isn't broke because of it. So if you are attacking because you feel like the victims angel or something check again everything is fine and the world moved on. Get over the fact that my giveaway isn't what myself or anyone hoped it would be and be happy with what I am doing. It's always a fine line between love and hate, because it's when people you love betray you that you feel most hurt. We were good friends once and it really upsets me when you attack me all the time for no reason. I feel like I hate you, because I feel betrayed. Do you like that you have made it come to this? Is your reason for doing so worth it in your opinion?

She is not mad because of what you sold black dragon for, she is mad that you promised the largest giveaway ever, consisting of 200 mill. She is merely stating that- since you promised it, and it didn't happen- she doesn't view you as a trust worthy person because you essentially broke your promise. She also doesn't like that you had the whole community praising you for a giveaway of great magnitude while in reality, what you've given away were minute fractions of what was promised. Yes these occasional giveaways are still very honorable and noble of you. Angel was just expecting you to keep your initial promise to the community, that's all. [emoji4]

ign ALL HAIL

angeldawn
07-20-2014, 08:45 AM
And this is how misinformation spreads in the community.

Please don't put words into my mouth. I don't hate you. And I'm not mad at the amount you got from the dragon sale. In fact, I'm not mad at all. I dislike and don't get the things you do. I don't attack you every chance I get. The exaggerations are comical. If you choose to hate me. That is on you.

I don't get, if we were such "good friends" the hoops you wanted me to jump through for that deal as your "middle person".

I had to video Skype you from my hotel room, while I was on vacation to prove to you that I had the other persons gold and items.

I was only allowed to use my main account because if something went wrong you wanted my main account banned.

I could only give you the gold from my main toon. I could not use my stash toons.

You wanted to video record the transaction and ask JustG if that would be enough evidence if something went wrong to ban my accounts.

Yep that's how I treat good friends :)

I don't like how you talk to STS. I find many if your posts in the past inappropriate and disrespectful.

I don't get your desire to be "PL famous" back when you started your signature shop you said you wanted to be famous and now you do your giveaways to bring attention to yourself. (Remember u wanted to video record all them and post on you tube) Everything is a "publicity stunt". If you have a good heart and want to help the community, you don't need to remind everyone at every opportunity. The best ppl in this community do things without splashing it around, without asking or expecting things in return (GoA, attention). They do it truly and wholly for the community. Not a selfish agenda.

If you make a promise or give your word. Be honorable and abide by it. If you didn't make tons of posts, seeking this attention, about the biggest giveaway ever, ppl wouldn't have thought a second about you 'changing your mind'. Ppl wouldn't have even known.

Yes, you wanted to do this give away but I don't get how you thought it was so important that the Mods and developers help you with special events. How is it that your event more important than fixing glitches, writing new content, pvping rebalancing, or attending to customer needs? If u want to give away gold do it yourself. Don't pull devs and mods away from more important things and then get upset cuz they don't reply.

When buying/trading names or buying high gold items ppl need to be trusted. Both the buyer and seller. Everyone gauges trust differently. You obv never trusted me and I no longer trust you.

I hope you will finally put this nonsense to bed and you'll stop mentioning my name.

Good luck in all your PL desires. I hope it all works out for you.

STS has stated they no longer gives names away. You'll have to find the actual owner.

Good luck obtaining the name

iisted
07-20-2014, 01:46 PM
I saw someone with the ign avid !

synfullmagic_23110
07-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I saw someone with the ign avid !

Me too

3-D Romeo

AvidLegend
07-20-2014, 02:16 PM
And this is how misinformation spreads in the community.

Please don't put words into my mouth. I don't hate you. And I'm not mad at the amount you got from the dragon sale. In fact, I'm not mad at all. I dislike and don't get the things you do. I don't attack you every chance I get. The exaggerations are comical. If you choose to hate me. That is on you.

I don't get, if we were such "good friends" the hoops you wanted me to jump through for that deal as your "middle person".

I had to video Skype you from my hotel room, while I was on vacation to prove to you that I had the other persons gold and items.

I was only allowed to use my main account because if something went wrong you wanted my main account banned.

I could only give you the gold from my main toon. I could not use my stash toons.

You wanted to video record the transaction and ask JustG if that would be enough evidence if something went wrong to ban my accounts.

Yep that's how I treat good friends :)

I don't like how you talk to STS. I find many if your posts in the past inappropriate and disrespectful.

I don't get your desire to be "PL famous" back when you started your signature shop you said you wanted to be famous and now you do your giveaways to bring attention to yourself. (Remember u wanted to video record all them and post on you tube) Everything is a "publicity stunt". If you have a good heart and want to help the community, you don't need to remind everyone at every opportunity. The best ppl in this community do things without splashing it around, without asking or expecting things in return (GoA, attention). They do it truly and wholly for the community. Not a selfish agenda.

If you make a promise or give your word. Be honorable and abide by it. If you didn't make tons of posts, seeking this attention, about the biggest giveaway ever, ppl wouldn't have thought a second about you 'changing your mind'. Ppl wouldn't have even known.

Yes, you wanted to do this give away but I don't get how you thought it was so important that the Mods and developers help you with special events. How is it that your event more important than fixing glitches, writing new content, pvping rebalancing, or attending to customer needs? If u want to give away gold do it yourself. Don't pull devs and mods away from more important things and then get upset cuz they don't reply.

When buying/trading names or buying high gold items ppl need to be trusted. Both the buyer and seller. Everyone gauges trust differently. You obv never trusted me and I no longer trust you.

I hope you will finally put this nonsense to bed and you'll stop mentioning my name.

Good luck in all your PL desires. I hope it all works out for you.

STS has stated they no longer gives names away. You'll have to find the actual owner.

Good luck obtaining the name

Thank you angel it is clear now why this all started and it's all due to difference of perspective. I can see why you think all of this is true and I doubt I'll ever be able to really convince you otherwise. You say your aren't mad and yet it's personal for you, and I am in fact mad so I'm gonna leave it where it lies because it's not worth my time anymore to keep explaining my side. Just know that your perspective of me isn't right at all and maybe take the time to step into my shoes one day and see it from my perspective. I wish we could be friends again someday but honestly if you feel like I want to be the Caesar of this game you have become my Brutus.

AvidLegend
07-20-2014, 02:43 PM
She is not mad because of what you sold black dragon for, she is mad that you promised the largest giveaway ever, consisting of 200 mill. She is merely stating that- since you promised it, and it didn't happen- she doesn't view you as a trust worthy person because you essentially broke your promise. She also doesn't like that you had the whole community praising you for a giveaway of great magnitude while in reality, what you've given away were minute fractions of what was promised. Yes these occasional giveaways are still very honorable and noble of you. Angel was just expecting you to keep your initial promise to the community, that's all. [emoji4]

ign ALL HAIL

See and with you Allhail idk where it happened that you started against me. I mean I saw the witty posts that mocked me all the time and the amount of times you liked posts that others say against me, but what did I do to you. Angel's issue isn't that I didn't host the giveaway, that's a very very small part of it for her. She feels the attention I sought while trying to host the giveaway showed a change in my character she didn't like, that by trusting her to be my middleman but still requiring some security because it was my first huge trade on that scale meant I didn't trust her when in fact it was only her I would use as my middleman in this way, and the fact that I needed dev support to make my special giveaway was unnecessary in her eyes. I gave several ideas to STS for how to save the game unaware that it wasn't really in their power anymore to decide because they had succumb to 3rd party investors. So when they turned down my last idea I said I was done. There was nothing more for me in this game without new content. I had more than enough gold for a single player, several maxed out toons, too many alts to deal with designed for different things, etc. I mean yes I could have tried PVP again, and I did, still didn't like it. I could have attempted my 3rd no K/D alt but after getting 2 close to 76 and getting an accidental kill or death I really didn't want to do another. So how was I going to continue playing? I decided I would quit, but in the past I had held many giveaways and they were lots of fun. I was limited during those giveaways because I planned to stay at that point and didn't want to give away everything I owned, same as all players. So since after STS saying no I planned to quit, I could finally host a giveaway I wanted to without holding back. And I'm a perfectionist, so I wanted to try some new things. It was estimated to start around the 8bit salute event on AL, so I asked devs to recolor an old vanity and sell it for plat and I would promote it during my event to help support it. They refused to recolor. Fine whatever. I also wanted to host PVP tournaments with mod support on forums to do brackets etc, zues was going to help me with it. I was going to host a murder mystery which was already going to be complicated to manage and I still plan to host one in the future, but I need a lot of resources I don't have that other players and mods would have to supply. So that was put on hold. Many more events like this required more than just me going into shadow cave and giving out gold to players whom were begging for it. And after taking about 2 months to sell everything and prepare for the event I found myself playing more than I ever had before. And since I wasn't going to be satisfied with giving gold caps to the first luck 25 or so people I decided to put and end to it. And honestly angel attacking me in black smoke town one night was my final straw. Because I didn't want to do a giveaway I wouldn't enjoy just because she demanded I do to prove myself. There was no obligation and I had new motivation. I wanted to make GoA so if I leveled more toons I would actually have a dedicated group to level with me, but the goal isn't power leveling but rather reliving the old days by playing through campaigns and enjoying the struggle. It hasn't taken off like I hoped, oh well. I've paid $1200 in real life for animation software and training because it's a new hobby of mine, but I didn't know what to design so I choose to try PL animated shorts (another reason I chose to stay). And through all of this I knew players would be mad if no giveaways happened at all so I'm still hosting them to this day giving away much more than I ever have in hopes that they will benefit and the game will continue on. The fame that angel seems to be disgusted in she hates and loves. She loves helping others but it gets old for her. She does it because of some innate sense that she must and cares not for the fame but it has made her who she is in PL. Same with many old and famous players. When I renamed my toon I named it avidlegend and had avid in all the other toon names because I wanted to be recognized. Fame is desired by many and I knew having a name that was recognizable would help. I also knew that if I wanted to be well known I didn't want it to be for the wrong reasons so I made sure from that point on to watch what I say and try to benefit the community as well as myself. I feel I have succeeded in many ways because I get PM's all the time from random players who are familiar with my name asking about my giveaways or just random questions they don't know about PL because they know I would likely know the answer. This fame for me has added to my enjoyment of PL and I don't feel ashamed I've strove for it one bit. Now for you Allhail I don't see your section of this story above. I know I refuse to sell or buy from you because you are an easily recognizable merch who buys low and sells high, and as a merch myself that's bad business to be on the other end, but is that what bothers you? Are you just friends with angel and trying to support her? That's honorable and I would understand. If you just like to watch the world burn though then this is all I have to say to you. Now I can copy paste this whole thing every time this is brought up again which hopefully it never will. *gives fingers a break from typing*

DivineMoustache
07-20-2014, 04:17 PM
last five posts have been some insane overreactions to silly things.

the only thing they hold against you is going against your word to give out X amount of gold. they don't hate you, and their comments did NOT necessitate a 12093829 long block paragraph that barely anyone will take the time to read.

on the other hand, it's pretty low to bash on a player that has given out maybe 25% of his wealth, and a (although self estimated) 60M. That is A LOT for many people, and we should all be grateful for it.

personally, i don't really care how much gold you give out, as long as you're attempting to give it out on the good of your heart, instead of out of the need for fame. that's what I felt you were doing in the beginning, and I'm sure you're still trying to do that now, just...your paragraph above gives me the wrong impression, maybe you rushed the post or got some words twisted up.

i think you have the wrong goals here, being famous in a game is good and all, but it should not have been the main reason you decided to give out all your gold. The paragraph you typed above gives me the impression that you're doing good things to be famous, not being famous for doing good things.

to sum things up, you're a good person, it's AWESOME that you do giveaways, but don't let your emotions flood over when you see that not 100% of people support your cause. They are a minority. Also rethink your "copy and paste paragraph" it gives a lot of wrong impressions.

AvidLegend
07-20-2014, 04:40 PM
last five posts have been some insane overreactions to silly things.

the only thing they hold against you is going against your word to give out X amount of gold. they don't hate you, and their comments did NOT necessitate a 12093829 long block paragraph that barely anyone will take the time to read.

on the other hand, it's pretty low to bash on a player that has given out maybe 25% of his wealth, and a (although self estimated) 60M. That is A LOT for many people, and we should all be grateful for it.

personally, i don't really care how much gold you give out, as long as you're attempting to give it out on the good of your heart, instead of out of the need for fame. that's what I felt you were doing in the beginning, and I'm sure you're still trying to do that now, just...your paragraph above gives me the wrong impression, maybe you rushed the post or got some words twisted up.

i think you have the wrong goals here, being famous in a game is good and all, but it should not have been the main reason you decided to give out all your gold. The paragraph you typed above gives me the impression that you're doing good things to be famous, not being famous for doing good things.

to sum things up, you're a good person, it's AWESOME that you do giveaways, but don't let your emotions flood over when you see that not 100% of people support your cause. They are a minority. Also rethink your "copy and paste paragraph" it gives a lot of wrong impressions.

I understand you view and my paragraph was honesty. I do giveaways for both reasons I enjoy benefiting the community and I enjoy the fame it brings. If that clarifies my purpose.

Jig
07-21-2014, 06:15 AM
How about everyone jus get over it and get on with their life's, this is so stupid to argue over, let Avid do his thing, even if he DOES promise a give away, who cares if he only gives 25-50% of it? His still giving it away for god dam sake, sorry if this hasn't really got to do with what's EXACTLY going on here, but all I see is people complaining about it.

I respect Avid for what his done so far with it...

Hawkbby
07-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Hey guys, how bout we all bend over and help avid find name, L2helpAvid. However Avid, I do however agree on what others have said, please refrain from throwing more wood into the fire, instead let the fire sit, and die out. I don't mean this to seem all offensive, but we all should stop being so hypocritical. Have a great day, goodluck on the name.

for the lulz
07-21-2014, 12:31 PM
angel plox furgiv 4 da trollz

and avid , i didnt read much but i see some ppl are mad that u didnt do the full giveaway that u promised , but at the end of the day its your gold and your wish.
its still nice that u do occasional giveaways ^.^ live yo lyf gurl!

ign tree

AvidLegend
07-21-2014, 12:41 PM
angel plox furgiv 4 da trollz

and avid , i didnt read much but i see some ppl are mad that u didnt do the full giveaway that u promised , but at the end of the day its your gold and your wish.
its still nice that u do occasional giveaways ^.^ live yo lyf gurl!

ign tree

I'm not a girl lol! I keep telling you that roflmao X_X

snowfu
07-21-2014, 01:46 PM
wear ken eye bye wan

I think he said-

巍峨啊人工啦神色世博园 Ken, which means WEAR GLASSES BY Ken.

Anyway, I don't get what his hubbub is about... it's a NAME, which granted is lost in the PL dinosaurs' records, but still, much argument. How does one get from names of a toon to "false" giveaways? The forums is no place for divas and drama queens :p. I suppose if the user isn't an AVID player of PL anymore(admit it, you saw that joke coming.), you could try getting a mod or dev to contact the owner, maybe unburden the name Avid? I don't know, just an idea.
Still, Angeldawn does put up an interesting point. No idea why you want a specific account and character for a simple trade...

Reunegade
07-21-2014, 01:49 PM
I think he said-

Anyway, I don't get what his hubbub is about... it's a NAME, which granted is lost in the PL dinosaurs' records, but still, much argument. How does one get from names of a toon to "false" giveaways? Chill, bruh. I suppose of the user isn't an AVID player of PL anymore(admit it, you saw that joke coming.), you could try getting a mod or dev to get the name back? I don't know, just an idea.
We arent talking bout the name, js

Hawkbby
07-21-2014, 02:40 PM
My name is not gud fer you?

AvidLegend
07-21-2014, 05:11 PM
I think he said-

Anyway, I don't get what his hubbub is about... it's a NAME, which granted is lost in the PL dinosaurs' records, but still, much argument. How does one get from names of a toon to "false" giveaways? The forums is no place for divas and drama queens :p. I suppose if the user isn't an AVID player of PL anymore(admit it, you saw that joke coming.), you could try getting a mod or dev to contact the owner, maybe unburden the name Avid? I don't know, just an idea.
Still, Angeldawn does put up an interesting point. No idea why you want a specific account and character for a simple trade...

It was an off topic discussion and I'm no longer giving away every gold coin only most or at least a lot which is the problem for them. Since I'm staying though avid is a name I want if possible.

snowfu
07-21-2014, 10:42 PM

Lol what is js? :/

synfullmagic_23110
07-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Lol what is js? :/

"Just saying" I believe