PDA

View Full Version : 99/100 times keeper aggros me. ughhhhh.

Timmeee
01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
no matter what order group walks in the door. i could be last everytime and that stupid fat head tries to open a can on my elf butt. i wish i could just ask him why hes so agro?

Refriedchicken
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Here is what I do on my mage:

I walk in, let the other members attack for about 30 seconds, then attack.

Spells generate more aggro than regular skills.

Phoenixking
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Theres a bunch of mages i still get aggro as a bird

Refriedchicken
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
It's a calculation of damage, and skills I believe.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:15 AM
99/100 aggro sounds like me. Good job keep up the good work! Its called your actually doing a good job unlike the other junk players in your party :) You can join my games anytime.

StompArtist
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
99/100 aggro sounds like me. Good job keep up the good work! Its called your actually doing a good job unlike the other junk players in your party :) You can join my games anytime.

If only they would change the bear taunt skill so the bears could feel more involved. I reassigned points and dropped this skill because of that: never really works on bosses and pretty useless on the other guys. Grrr.

Timmeee
01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
hahah i just played a game with me and four bears(yea i know how did i end up with four bears) and keeper still aggroed me. i just want to take keeps out for lunch and ask him if hes okay? maybe he needs a hug? something geez. im to squishy at the moment to keep guzzlin pots. im going broke!!! lol

Refriedchicken
01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
If only they would change the bear taunt skill so the bears could feel more involved. I reassigned points and dropped this skill because of that: never really works on bosses and pretty useless on the other guys. Grrr.

Agreed. While getting Cyber on my Bear, I think was able to tank Keeper maybe 5 times total. They really lost their tanking ability. :/ Taunt should really guarantee maximum aggro. :/

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
hahah i just played a game with me and four bears(yea i know how did i end up with four bears) and keeper still aggroed me. i just want to take keeps out for lunch and ask him if hes okay? maybe he needs a hug? something geez. im to squishy at the moment to keep guzzlin pots. im going broke!!! lol

Thats exactly why I don't make bank on ao3. I hate hate HATE when ppl boast about making like 90k off of green item drops. Its only because either 1.) Your setup sucks where you take no aggro or 2.) You leach.

StompArtist
01-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Thats exactly why I don't make bank on ao3. I hate hate HATE when ppl boast about making like 90k off of green item drops. Its only because either 1.) Your setup sucks where you take no aggro or 2.) You leach.

With my bird (and 1 mage in group) I made the math the other day and considering pots and drops I do about 1K when it is all said and done. LOL

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
lol I make like -1000 gold at the end of every ao3 farm day..

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Actually, taunt does work, especially on bosses. Fluff proved it. You just need to keep using it whenever it's available. Any bear that tells you they can't get aggro from keeper is BSing you. I tried it on my ONE VL run the other day. Even though I only have 1-2 points in Taunt, I kept using it and was able to keep Keeper on me.

Still hate my bear, though.

Pandamoni
01-10-2011, 12:55 PM
lol...this keeps happening to me. I hate it because you want to get in there and do more damage but you get tossed around like a rag doll!

Timmeee
01-10-2011, 01:02 PM
i survive for like 91 percent of the fight die then keeper gets pwned and i miss a totem and the drop. i guess im just looking for a decent group to run with... :) and i get noob comments when i healed the entire party while getting my face split. (shakes head heavy sigh)

StompArtist
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Actually, taunt does work, especially on bosses. Fluff proved it. You just need to keep using it whenever it's available. Any bear that tells you they can't get aggro from keeper is BSing you. I tried it on my ONE VL run the other day. Even though I only have 1-2 points in Taunt, I kept using it and was able to keep Keeper on me.

Still hate my bear, though.

Please explain to me how that works because all I could get was keeper coming to me for a single hit and going back to some bird. The best way to get the keeper I found with a Bear was to keep it "stomped" in a corner using stomp (and a bit of pull when he manages to run off) and growl.

What else where you doing? Other skills used as well? Perhaps I am doing something wrong because the "non taunt" is one of the reasons I seldom use my bear anymore. (along with the slowwww factor).

Physiologic
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
If I made this thread it would be called 99/100 times Pl'Othozz aggros me

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Like I said, it was only one game. But yes, I was using all skills. Why wouldn't you? My main beef with playing my bear is that his attacks do absolutely nothing. If you don't use your skills, you might as well be a large , useless rock. With skills, you're a large, slightly less useless rock ;) .

Anyway, just make sure you keep spamming taunt, beckon and all other skills, so you can at the very least serve as a meat shield if nothing else.

Please explain to me how that works because all I could get was keeper coming to me for a single hit and going back to some bird. The best way to get the keeper I found with a Bear was to keep it "stomped" in a corner using stomp (and a bit of pull when he manages to run off) and growl.

What else where you doing? Other skills used as well? Perhaps I am doing something wrong because the "non taunt" is one of the reasons I seldom use my bear anymore. (along with the slowwww factor).

StompArtist
01-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Anyway, just make sure you keep spamming taunt, beckon and all other skills, so you can at the very least serve as a meat shield if nothing else.

Yeah well I seem to be failing even at that. LOL Back to me bird.