PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Elondrian Gems additional stats

Haligali
07-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Info:

Elondrian Gem: Made with Elondrian Shard during upgrade, gives pure Health depends on item level.
Costs: 10 Elondrian Essence

Crafting availability: [2014-07-01]-[2014-07-24]

Additional Health Points per level

The yellow zone means good due to dinamic scaling, light yellow zone not recommended.

Adriaan3
07-14-2014, 11:13 AM
First... well everytime just 1 extra health so easy. and on grand 2x so much. extra health

Haligali
07-14-2014, 11:36 AM
First... well everytime just 1 extra health so easy. and on grand 2x so much. extra health

I just did it as a homework, and not +1 on every lvl.

Did you used any somewhere? Here is what i made without plat used today:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/u5ezuba3.jpg

Anarchist
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Huh...?

Maybe useful at twink levels for wars dunno...

*deletes*

Madnex
07-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Well apart from improving our leprechauns for some extra HP, nothing else pushes you enough for it. Considering the gem cost for full supergems to make Elondrian Shards a considerable option, the loss of previous supergems and primarily damage for rogues/warriors plus no STR for the sorcerer's arcane shield.. I'd say overall, noooope.

Thanks for putting it together though Hali, it might help for twinks. :)

Speedofsound
07-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Well apart from improving our leprechauns for some extra HP, nothing else pushes you enough for it. Considering the gem cost for full supergems to make Elondrian Shards a considerable option, the loss of previous supergems and primarily damage for rogues/warriors plus no STR for the sorcerer's arcane shield.. I'd say overall, noooope.

Thanks for putting it together though Hali, it might help for twinks. :)
I use multiple blood rubies i might make an HP blood ruby and i might make an HP mythic bow but than again all i do is pvp level 41

Energizeric
07-14-2014, 06:06 PM
I've done some figuring, and it appears these gems will be extremely useful at certain twink levels, especially for rogues.

For warriors, they may be better off using blood gems which also give a good amount of health, plus they get the added damage from the STR points.

For sorcerers, they may also be better off using blood gems if they use the Arcane Shield skill, because the STR points boost your shield absorption in addition to the health points.

However, for rogues, they do not get any other benefit from STR points other than 10 health for each one. So if a rogue is looking for a health boost, this would be the best way.

Also, if you look at certain twink levels, for example level 8, a regular gem only gives 1 stat point, and a grand gem gives 2 stat points. However an elondrian shard gives 27 health and a grand gem gives 58 health. So that is an enormous increase. But then once you move to level 9, then gems/grand gems give 1 more stat point, so it becomes much less useful.

Since the health bonus given by the elondrian shard is linear, there will be certain twink levels at the top of their gem bonus scale (level 8 is the highest level that gives 1/2 stat points for gems/grand gems) where the shards become very powerful. I think it is here where they will be useful, especially for rogues.

Level 41 may very well be one of those levels, as it seems like once we move onto level 42, a regular gem will move to 4 stat points. So at level 41, the elondrian shards become very useful for rogues, and for PvE warriors who tank.

scarysmerf
07-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Idk when the event started i was hopeing for some gems like the tarlock ones i dont wana use the life gem ill just hold onto them till worth some gold.

Seoratrek
07-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Moved to player guides :)

Energizeric
07-14-2014, 07:59 PM
After looking at your tarlok gem guide and comparing, I think these shards would be awesome for all classes at levels 5-8 and levels 21-24. The amount of health they give is just so much more than what regular or tarlok gems will give at those levels.

Xpolosion
07-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Myth ring maybe if u use 3 toons i guess

Haligali
07-15-2014, 04:36 AM
I've done some figuring, and it appears these gems will be extremely useful at certain twink levels, especially for rogues.

For warriors, they may be better off using blood gems which also give a good amount of health, plus they get the added damage from the STR points.

For sorcerers, they may also be better off using blood gems if they use the Arcane Shield skill, because the STR points boost your shield absorption in addition to the health points.

However, for rogues, they do not get any other benefit from STR points other than 10 health for each one. So if a rogue is looking for a health boost, this would be the best way.

Also, if you look at certain twink levels, for example level 8, a regular gem only gives 1 stat point, and a grand gem gives 2 stat points. However an elondrian shard gives 27 health and a grand gem gives 58 health. So that is an enormous increase. But then once you move to level 9, then gems/grand gems give 1 more stat point, so it becomes much less useful.

Since the health bonus given by the elondrian shard is linear, there will be certain twink levels at the top of their gem bonus scale (level 8 is the highest level that gives 1/2 stat points for gems/grand gems) where the shards become very powerful. I think it is here where they will be useful, especially for rogues.

Level 41 may very well be one of those levels, as it seems like once we move onto level 42, a regular gem will move to 4 stat points. So at level 41, the elondrian shards become very useful for rogues, and for PvE warriors who tank.

Good point, i made a chart to compare with other gems. This stats are calculated to warriors, but 1 str gives 10 health to every class, so blood gem give the same amount of hp for mages and rogues too.

Regular elondrian gem looks not soo good on lvl9, but it is still worth if you made them grand due to the dinamic scaling. It offers 2x much hp as grand blood gems.

Haligali
07-15-2014, 05:08 AM
I did some math on lvl41: blood gem gives 30 hp or put 3 point on str with respec (i prefer this, im not a fan of blood gems in mage gear, since it makes your gear pvp usable only, while if you put some points on str instead of full int, then you can respec back anytime for full int if you go pve) plus 3 str gives ((2*3)+0)*3.5)=21 damage absorb to your shield, so one blood gem or 3 point str on lvl41 gives you 51 while elondrian gem gives 54, grand blood or 6 point str gives 60+42=102, while grand elondrian gem 113.

Taking into account that your shield is not active all the time, i think it is useful for mages too.

Madnex
07-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Taking into account that your shield is not active all the time, i think it is useful for mages too.
For PvE mages that use shield mainly to secure a good positioning of the first time shift, I agree since the two-second invulnerability is pretty much all you need. But, for PvP mages I disagree since the second your shield drops, you're pretty much ready to tap that respawn button.

Haligali
07-15-2014, 05:53 AM
For PvE mages that use shield mainly to secure a good positioning of the first time shift, I agree since the two-second invulnerability is pretty much all you need. But, for PvP mages I disagree since the second your shield drops, you're pretty much ready to tap that respawn button.

So you say that the shield only useful while the 2 sec invu active?

Haligali
07-15-2014, 06:02 AM
I use multiple blood rubies i might make an HP blood ruby and i might make an HP mythic bow but than again all i do is pvp level 41

Or maybe put them into an arcane ring, so it will be useful for all 3 classes?

Madnex
07-15-2014, 06:41 AM
So you say that the shield only useful while the 2 sec invu active?
Primarily, yes. I'm not trying to devalue the awesome. 45% damage reduction that follows but an experienced mage can run elites without it. Gale works wonders if you know how to use it - without the speed and dash upgrade of course.

Haligali
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Primarily, yes. I'm not trying to devalue the awesome. 45% damage reduction that follows but an experienced mage can run elites without it. Gale works wonders if you know how to use it - without the speed and dash upgrade of course.

It seems i cannot convice you hehe, but i think these gems fits well in secondary gear like wild talismans. Pick fang/lunar if you need damage, switch to wild amulet with elondrian gems if you need extra health to survive.

Energizeric
07-15-2014, 01:16 PM
I think on expensive gear like an arcane ring, it would be worth the cost to try to get perfect elondrian shards and that would also help its value as it would be useful for all classes.

Aziiii
07-16-2014, 01:51 AM
nice guide Hali !

Energizeric
07-16-2014, 02:19 PM
I've done some figuring, and I think it pays to spend the gold required to upgrade my mythic ring to perfect shards. It will take 50-100 gems most likely, and that comes at a current cost of 750k-1.5m. Considering the cost of a perfect blood ruby is around 800k-1m more than a regular blood ruby, the cost seems justified. And I figured it will yield 243 extra health points at the expense of 15 INT which translates to about 12 damage and 52 points of arcane shield absorption. I think that trade is well worth it.

Making this change along with changing to the mythic rifle from the kershal, I will more than make up for the lost health in losing the kershal, and the damage lost by changing the ring to elondrian shards will be more than made up for by the increased damage of the rifle. So I will have a net increase in both damage and health, and the only loss will be crit.

notfaded1
07-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Either with HP gems too I suppose but...
Isn't the rifle also only a single target thing where the kershal is AoE? I have a sorc but I'm by no means an expert on the class really... wondering what this means in actual usage... does it matter?

Visiting
07-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Isn't the rifle also only a single target thing where the kershal is AoE? I have a sorc but I'm by no means an expert on the class really... wondering what this means in actual usage... does it matter?

Personally it comes down to play style, mages who use guns prefer high damage and are good for pvp and bosses (similar to bow rogues), but mages with staffs prefer good damage and dps (good for mobs and bosses, lol@pvp)not sure if the answers you question hope it helps tho.

Sorcerie
07-17-2014, 11:16 AM

Energizeric
07-17-2014, 01:05 PM

The problem with a staff is the range is very limited and you have to aim it. The AoE works great for mobs, but for bosses and in PvP it is unnecessary and you are more likely to die since you have to be very close and aim. With a gun you can keep running in circles and keep shooting and it always finds its target.

Haligali
07-21-2014, 06:45 AM
Chart updated: added colours for better visibility, added comparison too.

Amadorbibidor
08-20-2014, 06:36 PM
I just did it as a homework, and not +1 on every lvl.

Did you used any somewhere? Here is what i made without plat used today:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/u5ezuba3.jpg

You should clear your inventory bro xD

Sent from my broken phone using Tapatalk