PDA

View Full Version : Please don't share your account.

Samhayne
07-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Just seems like I've had a few too many private messages like this one below recently:

PLEASE HELP I LOST MY MYTHIC ARMOR.
Hey Samhayne i'm really sad and mad at my sister now. She sold my mythic armor in inventory and i worked hard for it! please recover it.

Why is your sister playing your account that you worked so hard for? Accounts are free after all :) Have her make her own.

Just another friendly reminder to please keep your username and password secure and only known by you.

Thanks!

Haligali
07-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Bad sister

Madnex
07-15-2014, 12:26 PM
It wouldn't be an issue if the two people willingly and responsibly accepted those risks and didn't go complain to support if something went wrong, no?

It's a bit obvious what the person in the above PM was attempting. All those items and she went and liquidated the mythic armor, some bad luck huh!

Rare
07-15-2014, 12:34 PM
So I guess its out of the question that I request the 3 perfect wind arcane rings my bro took from me?

Anarchist
07-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Is there any TOS penality for this?

tharidom
07-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Just seems like I've had a few too many private messages like this one below recently:

Why is your sister playing your account that you worked so hard for? Accounts are free after all :) Have her make her own.

Just another friendly reminder to please keep your username and password secure and only known by you.

Thanks!

Just so u know he later made a thread saying he was upgrading them but had forgotten:).

Energizeric
07-15-2014, 01:17 PM
I never understood this too. Even if you share a device, the game client has a drop down list that allows for multiple accounts and lets you toggle between them. There is no excuse for sharing accounts, even with family members.

Riptank
07-15-2014, 01:18 PM

Thanks!

Maybe her sister is too young and suddenly took his tab or phone while he's busy doing something then accidentally sold the gear.. We can't tell accident can happen... as what he said "sold in inventory" obviously her sister don't what she's doing or mostly like don't know his account information either.

Rare
07-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Maybe her sister is too young and suddenly took his tab or phone while he's busy doing something then accidentally sold the gear.. We can't tell accident can happen... as what he said "sold in inventory" obviously her sister don't what she's doing or mostly like don't know his account information either.

dont leave your device around where children can play with it. i'd be more worried about that the my mythic armor getting sold.

Schnitzel
07-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I never understood this too. Even if you share a device, the game client has a drop down list that allows for multiple accounts and lets you toggle between them. There is no excuse for sharing accounts, even with family members.

Theres also a "remember password" button if the password is already there, and the "remember password" checkbox is clicked, then the next time you open AL, it automatically logs you in...

Kakashis
07-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Well, for the most part it does seem harmless to share with family, but the issues of running event contests 24/7 through rotation does comes up. Hopefully that person learned his lesson!

Soundlesskill
07-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Bad sister

Lol

Arrowz
07-15-2014, 04:43 PM
So I guess its out of the question that I request the 3 perfect wind arcane rings my bro took from me?

Lol i like how he makes stuff up to try and make the dev seem wrong

Xeusx
07-15-2014, 04:49 PM

Thanks!
I doubt He using facebook access or Guest access.

Impact
07-15-2014, 04:55 PM
What if... His sister found out his device password. Then clicked the game, but he already saved his password in? Tip, dont save ur password.

Kershy
07-15-2014, 05:09 PM
lel i would never play again if that happens to me xd

Gensin
07-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Thanks!

No gift from Santa Claus this coming xmas sissy.

Gensin
07-15-2014, 05:18 PM
He could have just said He accidentally deleted his set and want it back.

Energizeric
07-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Apparently his sister didn't delete it at all and instead it was crafting and he forgot LOL

Anarchist
07-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Is there any penalty stated by the tos for account sharing?

Thrucho
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Bad Luck Brian hehe no? Ok

Dex Scene
07-16-2014, 02:41 AM
Truce

Kimpling
07-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Dear Sam, you can check on your server, all player who run in event lb, how many hours/day they play? How many day/week they play? You think they play like that without sharing their account?

Rare
07-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Dear Sam, you can check on your server, all player who run in event lb, how many hours/day they play? How many day/week they play? You think they play like that without sharing their account?

Anarchist
07-16-2014, 08:55 AM

Not all but some do share.

Are there any repercussions for account sharing stated by the ToS?

Third time.

Kimpling
07-16-2014, 09:00 AM
This?

Security of Username and Password.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Spacetime immediately of any unauthorized use or theft of your account or any other breach of security (and to provide properly documented evidence as reasonably requested by Spacetime). We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you will be liable for losses incurred by Spacetime or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.

Anarchist
07-16-2014, 09:06 AM
You may not use anyone else’s account at any time

Thanks Kimpling.

Kimpling
07-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Your welcome, enough 3rd time.

Kakashis
07-17-2014, 11:46 AM

That's the easiest and best way to win these events. No way they're all clean.

Atten
07-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Bad sister

Satanically bad sister.. not just bad...

Matutd
07-17-2014, 02:35 PM
"However, you will be liable for losses incurred by Spacetime or another party due to someone else using your account or password."
So does that mean that it's fine, but you are held responsible if anything happens to your account, and spacetime studios won't recover anything lost?

Because the next sentence seems to state that it's forbidden
"You may not use anyone else’s account at any time."

Anarchist
07-17-2014, 03:33 PM
"However, you will be liable for losses incurred by Spacetime or another party due to someone else using your account or password."
So does that mean that it's fine, but you are held responsible if anything happens to your account, and spacetime studios won't recover anything lost?

Because the next sentence seems to state that it's forbidden
"You may not use anyone else’s account at any time."

I think the use of MAY instead of CAN'T implies that you can share your account details if you want.
What i also understood is that though you can share you account details(better if you don't) you should also be prepaired to accept any consequences that may come out of: violation of tos, scam and ban caused by the person who you shared your account with.

Rare
07-17-2014, 05:53 PM
I think the use of MAY instead of CAN'T implies that you can share your account details if you want.
What i also understood is that though you can share you account details(better if you don't) you should also be prepaired to accept any consequences that may come out of: violation of tos, scam and ban caused by the person who you shared your account with.

The words "can" and "may" are often confused. "Can" is the actual ability to be. "May" represents having permission to be.

So saying "you can not" and "you may not" mean two different things. The wording in that sentence implies you do not have sts's permission to use someone else's account. You "can", but you'll face the consequences if you get caught.

snowfu
07-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Thanks!

I don't even know why you have to stress this AGAIN...
Take a hint, account sharers!
Seriously, accounts ARE free, so I see no need to share them.

Anarchist
07-17-2014, 05:59 PM
The words "can" and "may" are often confused. "Can" is the actual ability to be. "May" represents having permission to be.

So saying "you can not" and "you may not" mean two different things. The wording in that sentence implies you do not have sts's permission to use someone else's account. You "can", but you'll face the consequences if you get caught.
Thanks Rare, i understand now.

Roberto077
07-17-2014, 07:56 PM
I shared my account with myself once. I haven't played since.

Zylx
07-17-2014, 08:00 PM
It's kinda sad that Sam had to post this. I personally wouldn't even give out my real name let alone my email..

SacredKnight
07-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Just so u know he later made a thread saying he was upgrading them but had forgotten:).

You post this yet people still go on about it :3

Matutd
07-17-2014, 08:04 PM

I'm not too bothered anyway since only I ever use my account. But I was wondering if say, there's a knock on the door and I say "here just prlay this for me" to someone who is in the same room, is that against ToS?
I mean obviously, sts would never know, but would it still be against the rules?

Zeus
07-17-2014, 08:51 PM
It's kinda sad that Sam had to post this. I personally wouldn't even give out my real name let alone my email..

I think your real name is more important online than your email. They can find you with your real name. xD

Crowsfoot
07-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I think your real name is more important online than your email. They can find you with your real name. xD
Although first names are generally useless. Unless they know your place of employment and you have an unusual name. I would never give a last name, even if one has a common or generic last name.

Zylx
07-17-2014, 10:19 PM

I don't even give out a first name. My last name is very unique, so anyone can find me if i give out a last name. No one in my personal life knows i play this game, and i don't want random FB friend requests from people in the game.

Gensin
07-18-2014, 03:08 AM
That's the easiest and best way to win these events. No way they're all clean.

I guess some told there mom to play for them while they sleep and some told there dad to borrow the credit card...

gumball3000
07-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Best give her a beating, not email support.

Kershy
07-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Apparently his sister didn't delete it at all and instead it was crafting and he forgot LOL

lol that happened to me once! i was like "where da fk is my pendant" xD and then my brother told my that it was on upgrade hehe :D