PDA

View Full Version : Level 22 Bear?

MysticLegend97
07-15-2014, 03:54 PM
I've started low level pvp again and Id like to try out l22 Dex Bear. I don't know much but I've tried it out and it seems like a lot of fun!! If anyone could give me a build and combo that'd be great.

I'm full Dex and I have the Mecha (+2% Hit) Face

So far I've been using:

6 Rage
6 Hs
4 Beckon
3 Stomp
1 SMS
1 Crippling Slash

My gear Setups are:

Fbow Loadout:
L20 Dex Hallo Helm
L22 Purple Forgotten Bow
L15 Artisans
L20 Hit/Dmg Ring

Talon Loadout:
L20 Dex Hallo Helm
L20 Plat Talon
L15 Expert
L20 Plat Wing
L20 Crit/Dmg Ring

Impact
07-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Switch 6 hs with 6cb?

MysticLegend97
07-15-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty new to this level range but I'm almost positive 6 hs is essential.

DivineMoustache
07-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Level 22 bear is great, but there's one catch -- against a good mage, you need a strictly anti-mage build. Against a good bear, you need a strictly anti-bear build.
At level 22, a good bear probably won't beat a good mage either, unless they don't use mana shield. You might have a good chance nuking with bear builds, but it's a one trick pony. Most decent players will see right through it.

One build won't work for both classes at level 22.
The build I used was an anti-bear build
6 rage
6 Hell scream
2 beckon
3 stomp
1 crippling slash
3 crushing blow

Just make sure you land HS first
bear combo is rage, beckon, hellscream, stomp, crushing blow, cripple whenever
HS TIMING IS VITAL!!!!

Against mages, I used
6 rage
6 Hell scream
1 beckon
3 stomp
1 crippling slash
4 crushing blow

combo is rage, beckon, hellscream, try to close the gap, cb, stomp, cripple. Make sure your second hellscream takes place right after their heal. If you're still alive at that point.

if you notice that they are low on armor buff, then just do the classic rage, beckon, hellscream, stomp, cripple in an attempt to nuke them.

Burningdex
07-15-2014, 05:35 PM
use 1beckon, 1stomp 4hs 6cb 1sms 6rage 1sms and skmething else idk

MysticLegend97
07-15-2014, 05:38 PM
use 1beckon, 1stomp 4hs 6cb 1sms 6rage 1sms and skmething else idk

You put 1 SMS twice. Based on your build, how about 6 rage 6 hs 5 cb 1 beckon 1 stomp 1 SMS 1 crip

Burningdex
07-15-2014, 07:52 PM
You put 1 SMS twice. Based on your build, how about 6 rage 6 hs 5 cb 1 beckon 1 stomp 1 SMS 1 crip

^^^^^

nice build but swap cb and hs around, 6cb is a must nowadays

MysticLegend97
07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Level 22 bear is great, but there's one catch -- against a good mage, you need a strictly anti-mage build. Against a good bear, you need a strictly anti-bear build.
At level 22, a good bear probably won't beat a good mage either, unless they don't use mana shield. You might have a good chance nuking with bear builds, but it's a one trick pony. Most decent players will see right through it.

One build won't work for both classes at level 22.
The build I used was an anti-bear build
6 rage
6 Hell scream
2 beckon
3 stomp
1 crippling slash
3 crushing blow

Just make sure you land HS first
bear combo is rage, beckon, hellscream, stomp, crushing blow, cripple whenever
HS TIMING IS VITAL!!!!

Against mages, I used
6 rage
6 Hell scream
1 beckon
3 stomp
1 crippling slash
4 crushing blow

combo is rage, beckon, hellscream, try to close the gap, cb, stomp, cripple. Make sure your second hellscream takes place right after their heal. If you're still alive at that point.

if you notice that they are low on armor buff, then just do the classic rage, beckon, hellscream, stomp, cripple in an attempt to nuke them.

I tried your vs Mage build and it's working wonders so far. Why do you say it doesn't work vs bears? I've testing mainly against mages but I don't see why it wouldn't work against bears also. All that's changed it -1 beckon and +1 crushing from the vs bear build.

DivineMoustache
07-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Sorry, I meant to put 3 iron blood instead of cb in the bear build, although against most bears it doesn't really matter whether you place cb or ib. Same result = 15 or so less damage output for them.

The problem is primarily finding a build that can stun and debuff a mage before he nukes you, while retaining enough damage output to mash away at their HP before they realize it's too late, and use MS.

Most bear v bear builds are actually higher beckon + stomp, however, I felt like one less pull and one more CB was the game changer for me, bear wise.

AppleNoob
07-15-2014, 11:55 PM
22 str bears forever dead RIP

Kkkkeeennn
07-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Go 25-26 much more active

Rescind
07-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Idk I still use my 22 str bear from time to time
It's not so bad. I use artisan, plat pack sword, bone helm, and plat pack shield

Vvriter
07-17-2014, 02:22 AM
Low beckon builds... So many bad bears I have to wreck.

MysticLegend97
07-17-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm here to learn. Do you have a suggestion for a different build? I'd be more than willing to try it.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far. I'm still looking to improve.

Reunegade
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Yawn, keep your ego in game where all of the 8 year olds like you care.

DivineMoustache
07-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Low beckon > high beckon in bear v bear fights, if both know how to time HS correctly. The CB is the game changer. With high beckon, I don't even need to TRY to get close to you to hit Cb. You pull me there for the insane damage debuff of CB + HS. Another killer against high beckon bears is giving em a quick little juke at 12m.

AppleNoob
07-17-2014, 03:20 PM

So annoying just because people cant afford the same things as you doesnt make them bad or you good

Burningdex
07-17-2014, 09:35 PM
who uses high beckon unless they have a strictly kite build >>

Rescind
07-17-2014, 10:24 PM
I use 3 beckon on my 22 str bear :(

Smithyyy
07-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Sorry, I meant to put 3 iron blood instead of cb in the bear build, although against most bears it doesn't really matter whether you place cb or ib. Same result = 15 or so less damage output for them.

The problem is primarily finding a build that can stun and debuff a mage before he nukes you, while retaining enough damage output to mash away at their HP before they realize it's too late, and use MS.

Most bear v bear builds are actually higher beckon + stomp, however, I felt like one less pull and one more CB was the game changer for me, bear wise.

Wouldn't CB have the advantage in the long run? There's a longer cooldown for IB, but IB has 100% guarantee whereas CB doesn't.

AppleNoob
07-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Wouldn't CB have the advantage in the long run? There's a longer cooldown for IB, but IB has 100% guarantee whereas CB doesn't.

I personally dont like ib instead I use cb reason for that is because ib has a cooldown where you have no armor advantage and you take tons of damage in that 10-12s time period whereas cb if your smart you can apply right after the effect wears off and only take 50 damage

AppleNoob
07-18-2014, 02:49 PM

I personally dont like ib instead I use cb reason for that is because ib has a cooldown where you have no armor advantage and you take tons of damage in that 10-12s time period whereas cb if your smart you can apply right after the effect wears off and only take 50 damage