PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Lightning Strike vs Frost Bolt against bosses and archers?

Angrytyrant
07-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Which is better for fightnig ranged units and bosses? I can handle malee opponents quickly with fireball and time shift, but how do I tackle archers? They always seem to eat my health. I wanna pick the skill that i could use against erchers and bosses. Which subskills?

Haligali
07-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Fireball with scorch upgrade vs archers very useful.

JaytB
07-16-2014, 04:09 AM
Nvm..

drgrimmy
07-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Depends if you are talking about elite or non-elite runs, but for the most part I find frost more helpful for all ranged mobs. You can get close to them, release a charged Frost attack to freeze them, then concentrate on the melee mobs. The duration of freeze is long enough that you will be able to re - freeze them over and over again until the melee mobs are dead and you want to start taking out the ranged mobs. If you get the upgrades, the ranged mobs will also take dot while they are frozen. This is especially useful for elite runs to immobilized the ranged elite mobs which are usually the most problematic on a run (although admittedly not as useful on the new elite maps given most of the mobs immunity to freeze).

For bosses, lightning, no question, especially with ribbit or gyrm and the 250% critical damage upgrade.

Bottom line, I would keep both of these skills in your arsenal. A good basic pve build is to use fire, frost, time and shield for the mobs and to switch to fire, frost, light and shield for the bosses.