PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO DONE..

Hottsauce
07-16-2014, 12:05 PM
It's one thing when at lower levels 20's, 30's people zone out on event runs when they get Helena as Boss of the zone. BUT... (insert angry face) at lvl41 I was pretty much forced to burn THREE Energy's in a row!! (The total amount u get on your toon per day) -and yes i know energy essences can be farmed but that's not the point here-
I get it, u might say make a prty then go in... This event should accommodate pugs just fine.
But I zone in with Party 1:a group of 3 Warriors we see Helena as boss THEY ALL ZONE OUT, Group 2 Warrior 2mages & myself a mage -The warrior zones out- then subsequently the mages zone out.. Group 3 1 rogue, 2 Warriors (Warriors zone out).
The warriors zoned AS SOON as they saw Helena was the boss for zone & didn't EVEN TRY at all, other classes zone out as well but in my experience majority of the time its warriors that bail first. I didn't want my event fun to end in a total of 5mins for the day so I went and paid for a energy kit.
Yay!! We zoned in prty of 2 Rogues, Warrior and myself the mage... we got the Lizard boss Europhy something. GUESS WHAT... wait for it.. THE WARRIOR charged up FIRST and charged straight in to attack. O.O i almost fainted... wait wait the boss WASN'T Helena oh yea right..

This has happened to me MANY times in this event as well as to MANY other players, finally the frustration got to me where i had to post. Good thing this event is only 5 more days.
P.S I hope STS makes their next event where ALL of the Bosses are as hard as Helena... and see if ppl just simply give up instead of rise to the challenge. Because giving up if all bosses were equally difficult & main boss was incredibly difficult most likely wouldn't happen. You would have to succ it up & face the challenge instead of zoning out looking for an easier challenge.
Everyone doesn't have the gold to buy energy kits or the time to farm essences then wait the hours it takes for them to finish crafting. When ppl choose to zone out & others aren't allow to join, there decision to run hurts me as well (burned energy) and that's not right.

Legallyblonde
07-16-2014, 12:21 PM
oh truu

tharidom
07-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Pt up with ur guild and stop complaining, if u don't want to waste ur energy solo helena then it's not hard.

Visiting
07-16-2014, 12:29 PM
The moral of this story is? That warriors are noobs that are scared of Helena? How do you propose that we fix this??

Back
07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
People zone out because:
1. They don't know about the blind spot where vines can't follow.
2. They don't want to waste time on a boss that drops nothing(this includes me).

All the bosses can be soloed. Even a warrior can solo Helena. ( Will make a video on this, lol)

Waheedski
07-16-2014, 12:35 PM
@Hottsauce, ask the minutemen, it's a group of warriors, mages, and rogues that help on things like this.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Hmu and if I got energy left I'll help, and probably drag along pesky rogue from my guild too.

Schnitzel
07-16-2014, 12:46 PM
I just party with guild or friends when killing helena at endgame

2 lvl41 mages + 1 lvl41 warrior + elon. ward = helena dies

Kakashis
07-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Won't lie, I zone out if I meet her too. Heck I even zoned out when I was on my warrior and 3 other warriors showed up for ursoth.

Dex Scene
07-16-2014, 01:19 PM
Pug is horrible alot of time...
To my view rogues are best against helena :) yay to rogues..
Most of pug cases I also found out mostly warriors get zone out first!!! But its just they bad warrior ish maybe!!!
Not to blame all warriors tough there are so many great warriors and with a great warrior Helena is so easy for attacking classes. Those horn of renew and taunts are life saver

tharidom
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Pug is horrible alot of time...
To my view rogues are best against helena :) yay to rogues..
Most of pug cases I also found out mostly warriors get zone out first!!! But its just they bad warrior ish maybe!!!
Not to blame all warriors tough there are so many great warriors and with a great warrior Helena is so easy for attacking classes. Those horn of renew and taunts are life saver

This guy just needs to stop complaining, if u blame other people of wasting ur energy then u need to think another time and solo.

Dex Scene
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Pt up with ur guild and stop complaining, if u don't want to waste ur energy solo helena then it's not hard.
Everyone don't have the best or most active guild . More than half people in this game relies on pug, can't blame him. And for a non arcane mage soloing Helena is not easy either mate!!

tharidom
07-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Everyone don't have the best or most active guild . More than half people in this game relies on pug, can't blame him. And for a non arcane mage soloing Helena is not easy either mate!!

I solo her on my warrior and I'm also not arcane but it does work out fine in a short time:).

merchtime
07-16-2014, 01:25 PM
How do u solo when u get 1 hit killed :D

Dex Scene
07-16-2014, 01:28 PM
I solo her on my warrior and I'm also not arcane but it does work out fine in a short time:).
Yes you are a warrior you can take a bit time but you don't die and reset Helena's life. Even plat revival reset her life alot of time while soloing... I have all the classes and I have soloed helena with mage aswel many times but its not easy and lots of people don't know the way to do, we can't blame one for that!!

Rare
07-16-2014, 01:32 PM

When you see the red cone pointing at you... move.

If your team leaves you in a pug... reset the the boss and invite other friends. Or just wait and see if others join you. Don't blame the players. The loot from Helena sucks. Plain and simple. Don't expect people to hang around and fight the boss because YOU want it. This isn't about the boss being hard. Its about the boss being hard with no benefit. She's just as hard as Ursoth with half the points given and crap loot.

If anything, this should be a request to STS that if they are going to make a hard boss, improve the loot table.

nelson131
07-16-2014, 02:05 PM
When you see the red cone pointing at you... move.

If your team leaves you in a pug... reset the the boss and invite other friends. Or just wait and see if others join you. Don't blame the players. The loot from Helena sucks. Plain and simple. Don't expect people to hang around and fight the boss because YOU want it. This isn't about the boss being hard. Its about the boss being hard with no benefit. She's just as hard as Ursoth with half the points given and crap loot.

If anything, this should be a request to STS that if they are going to make a hard boss, improve the loot table.
+1:biggrin:

Energizeric
07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
I agree with everything said so far. I've been wasting energy as well. I already reached gold tier on my level 41, so at this point the only point of doing the event dungeon is to farm Ursoth or to get tokens. And 17 tokens is not worth even one death IMO (yes, I do care about my PvE KDR). So unless I am with a good party, I keep my distance from Helena and only fire off skills from a distance. If the warriors all die or people start leaving, then I leave too.

As for finding a party to run with, that takes a really long time. I am an arcane mage and I am in the best guild Karma, yet for most of this week when I sign on I spend a half hour or more looking for a party and fail to find one. Most people are not doing the event at all at the times when you want to because they don't have any energy, and those who are competing for the leaderboard are already in full parties. So it's just random chance that you find someone to party with.

In the future they need to pair players with other players of the same tier so that you can run PUGs. And yes, if the boss is as hard as Helena, the loot table needs to match it.

Dex Scene
07-16-2014, 02:17 PM
I agree with everything said so far. I've been wasting energy as well. I already reached gold tier on my level 41, so at this point the only point of doing the event dungeon is to farm Ursoth or to get tokens. And 17 tokens is not worth even one death IMO (yes, I do care about my PvE KDR). So unless I am with a good party, I keep my distance from Helena and only fire off skills from a distance. If the warriors all die or people start leaving, then I leave too.

As for finding a party to run with, that takes a really long time. I am an arcane mage and I am in the best guild Karma, yet for most of this week when I sign on I spend a half hour or more looking for a party and fail to find one. Most people are not doing the event at all at the times when you want to because they don't have any energy, and those who are competing for the leaderboard are already in full parties. So it's just random chance that you find someone to party with.

In the future they need to pair players with other players of the same tier so that you can run PUGs. And yes, if the boss is as hard as Helena, the loot table needs to match it.
True the loot should be matched with the difficulty..

Covert
07-16-2014, 02:35 PM

Ez just be below l20 :D lol

Amazonina
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM

buy the wand its a lot easier... js

Kakashis
07-16-2014, 02:56 PM

Perfect summary. For me it's not so much the KDR, but the cost and benefit ratio. Waste 10+ minutes and burning potions all for what, 16tokens on gold tier? I rather battle that second boss twice at the time cost of 1-2mintues each run. I will follow through with ursoth because that battle is at least somewhat fun and rewarding with spirit chests/elondrian crates/little bears. Helena is just a sight for sore eyes. You know you will need to time commit 10-20 minutes and absolutely no drops.

Fyrce
07-16-2014, 03:35 PM
I try to talk people into doing her correctly BUT sometimes, they still fight the vines until they die, which does not take very long.

In which case, I find it much easier to solo her - after resetting her for solo scale. Just because I am stubborn.

But yes, she really should be worth much more (something).

At least she's fightable afk-ish - glance at screen once in awhile. If I have stun pet and stun skills and stun weapon, her arrow proc occurs much less frequently. I look only after rotating my skill count + a few straight weapon swings/shots/whatever. However, she's seriously hurting my hands. I can only do a few of her before I have to break and stretch ye old fingers.

When a group knows how to kill her, great. When they don't, seriously, solo's lots easier.

Jiarijiba
07-16-2014, 03:40 PM
It is not class dependent. I have seen any class leaving when they die multiple times.

People now also leave Helena because they have already reached their goals. Why fight 10 mins if you have the bears and vanities already?

And guess what? For my twink she is nice fight, but all he gets is Herond, Lol.

Jabu
07-16-2014, 04:31 PM
I just had 5 in a row where everyone sees that **** and leaves. Once it was 3 sorcs that all bailed. So glad I waste my time crafting energy to just throw it away. If future events continue to operate this way, I will no longer play.

Rhaindra
07-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Helena makes me poor. I was a warrior, standing at the front and protect myparty. I still keep my hp remain full because if my hp little less then helena can kill me in one shot. I use the ward. I can freely move. but sometimes even though I tried to avoid to her side or her back. Helena's bow was still on my. sometimes not enough time to wait cd VB and my horn is active. spend 100-200 pots against it does not make sense. event not making us rich even poorer. why? 17 tokens?. while the little bear or vanity precious 40-50k should be exchanged for 400-500 tokens. if every battle must spend 2-5k and a day more than 10K. is not that is a loss? That's why many of warriors go when looking at Helena.

-----Sorry for my English-----

Xeusx
07-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Solution to the who complaining and angry at Helena:
- Check this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?163852-Helena-is-very-EASY-now!!
- Join a guild that always active, same level as yours, and always helping each other.
- Once you joined a guild, you can ask for help in guild chat to kill Event bosses.

Hottsauce
07-16-2014, 04:54 PM
I just had 5 in a row where everyone sees that **** and leaves. Once it was 3 sorcs that all bailed. So glad I waste my time crafting energy to just throw it away. If future events continue to operate this way, I will no longer play.

Well said.
It's not about being able to solo Helena.. because many ppl that play aren't geared/have pets or the time/concentration etc to do that for a boss seen as not worth it. BUT STILL WANT TO ENJOY THE EVENT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO INCLUDE ALL PLAYERS, Not just some". Secondly I did state at endgame levels for this fight, not being able to solo Helena at twink lvl's or close to those levels. The point is OUR energy points are unjustly burned/wasted just because we unfortunately "randomly" spawned in with a "random" pug group to get a wink wink "random" boss. That seems to have the HP amount of all the other 3 bosses Ursoth/Tree/Euphoy combined lol and after such a fight drops "trash" rewards in many players opinions.
Unfortunately many of us don't have the luxury of energy kits/crafting again and again and really rely on the energy we get after the 8hr timer, just for it all to be wasted because of the randomness spoken of above.

jeocapat
07-16-2014, 05:00 PM

At Eminence its not a problem finding parties even for Helena. Consider a visit :)/

Wutzgood
07-16-2014, 05:18 PM
It all comes down to time and rewards. I don't mind a hard or long fighting boss but one that doesn't give anything isn't worth fighting.

And the fault if this is completely the fault of people who complained the boss being too easy. I'd be happier if they all were quick like tarlok bosses.

SacredKnight
07-16-2014, 05:27 PM
In all honesty, when I fought Helena for the first time I thought I was actually in Elite... :3

Tendirin
07-16-2014, 05:33 PM
sorry you feel that way dude

Hottsauce
07-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Solution to the who complaining and angry at Helena:
- Check this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?163852-Helena-is-very-EASY-now!!
- Join a guild that always active, same level as yours, and always helping each other.
- Once you joined a guild, you can ask for help in guild chat to kill Event bosses.

LOL. WAY EASIER said than done. Energizeric made a great point to the, join a guild so-called solution you posted. 'Oh and that's a good option, lemme find "another" guild so I can have more fun in an event. Many ppl already have guilds that are not-so to very active and being in a guild or not is not the real issue.

Anarchist
07-16-2014, 07:54 PM
LOL. WAY EASIER said than done. Energizeric made a great point to the, join a guild so-called solution you posted. 'Oh and that's a good option, lemme find "another" guild so I can have more fun in an event. Many ppl already have guilds that are not-so to very active and being in a guild or not is not the real issue.

Being in a good guild solves 99% of your problem.

If its help you are looking forward to, the ign is Regenerated send me a friend request and tomorrow i will help you run the bosses till the end of the event. If i personally can't right away i will organize a party for you.

Goodnight. :)/

merchtime
07-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know of a guild like Hands For Help in PL that helps people? I really need help :thumbdown:

Allocate
07-16-2014, 10:50 PM
I don't know why STS think customers are always wrong...

I bet they won't even try Helena if they used a non-dev toon. They know how BS she is and what a waste of time and space she is, yet do nothing about it. It's easy, change her values and add some loot for her to drop but no....customers are stupid.

Schnitzel
07-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know of a guild like Hands For Help in PL that helps people? I really need help :thumbdown:

well, there isnt a Guild (at least, not that I know of..) in AL like Hands for Help in PL, but...

Visit us, AL Minutemen (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160416-Need-Help-Consult-the-Arcane-Legends-Minutemen!)
we are a group of Players (many of us are not in the same guild) who help other players inGame.

Portalkeeper
07-16-2014, 11:55 PM
...in my opinion,players zone out not because they dont want Helena (they will also be wasting their energy if they do) ,maybe simply because most of them are so vain about the number of deaths they have showing when other players view them. imagine seeing a rouge,mage esp a warrior with 1K pve kills & with 2K deaths under their name...what first impression would you have on them to be honest?
But try removing those stats that shows how many deaths they have on the entire game...& watch & see how fast they would respawn just to hack & slash even two Helenas you throw at them. Ü

Haligali
07-17-2014, 02:50 AM
On tarlok event(YES AGAIN TARLOK), all 4 bosses scaled correctly and the drops followed the difficulty. At ursoth event, the second boss is the easiest (europlex) the tree boss also weak but takes more time due to the extreme long stuns, and the third boss(Helena) is the hardest. There is basically no loot except Ursoth.

Nitamana
07-17-2014, 05:48 AM
A bit late for my comment to be useful but i found helena quite easy with blades especially Architect Quills. I have my rogues wear only legendary gear (i run 15 of them lol). Take me at most 10 mins, usually 5, to kill her with any party arrangement. Its quite funny that I deal 80% of her damage if the party I am in has no other bladed rogue. However, it is quite fingery hurtful to kill her with under-leveled blades and over-leveled helena.
My mages do ok killing her as well. The key is to use damage build (lightning, time, fire, ice, or gale)

tharidom
07-17-2014, 07:07 AM
A bit late for my comment to be useful but i found helena quite easy with blades especially Architect Quills. I have my rogues wear only legendary gear (i run 15 of them lol). Take me at most 10 mins, usually 5, to kill her with any party arrangement. Its quite funny that I deal 80% of her damage if the party I am in has no other bladed rogue. However, it is quite fingery hurtful to kill her with under-leveled blades and over-leveled helena.
My mages do ok killing her as well. The key is to use damage build (lightning, time, fire, ice, or gale)

Question why are the blades under lvled, lvl 40 is one lvl below cap.

Rare
07-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Question why are the blades under lvled, lvl 40 is one lvl below cap.

Maybe he's using 36 blades?

ClumsyCactus
07-17-2014, 07:37 AM
On a sidenote, the boss before the last Boss has always been the hardest one...
Anyone Else have noticed?
The Only exception is inan'hesh.

tharidom
07-17-2014, 07:56 AM
On a sidenote, the boss before the last Boss has always been the hardest one...
Anyone Else have noticed?
The Only exception is inan'hesh.

I have never noticed it like for example the dead city, mardrom was more of a challenge then glob. In brackenridge thunk was less of a challenge then ghull and so on. But maybe this is smthn where someone's own opinion jumps in:).

Nitamana
07-17-2014, 08:10 AM
I have a lv38 rogue using lv36 quills fight with lv41 helena often. I also have a lv28 rogue using lv26 depraved fight with lv30+ helena. I will quit though when helena is 5+ level over than me. The PUG system can group a team with upto 9 level difference I believe.

Dex Scene
07-17-2014, 09:44 AM
At Eminence its not a problem finding parties even for Helena. Consider a visit :)/
No Disrespect or offense, we know eminence is a great guild. Just saying what I had came trough last time I was with a eminence warrior in a pug.
He left at sight of Helena. Then some Deviant msft rogues and I killed her under 5 mins :)

Dex Scene
07-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Agreed to almost all. Everyone has good point of view. Truce, after gold tier Helena is really not worthy. The drops should have been better. Sad for those non plat users or poor players who craft energies and Helena ruins that!!!
No one to blame. Helena should appear less and her drop should match the difficulty level

Anarchist
07-17-2014, 10:38 AM
No Disrespect or offense, we know eminence is a great guild. Just saying what I had came trough last time I was with a eminence warrior in a pug.
He left at sight of Helena. Then some Deviant msft rogues and I killed her under 5 mins :)

What she was trying to say is If you organize a party in guild(which is quite easy to acheive even for Helena) no guildie will leave you.
From what i too understood Ener's problem is forming a party in his guild for Helena not people from other guilds in a pug party quitting at the sight of Helena.

tharidom
07-17-2014, 10:48 AM
I'M SO DONE with these complaining forums.;)

Dex Scene
07-17-2014, 11:17 AM
What she was trying to say is If you organize a party in guild(which is quite easy to acheive even for Helena) no guildie will leave you.
From what i too understood Ener's problem is forming a party in his guild for Helena not people from other guilds in a pug party quitting at the sight of Helena.
I know what she mean and what I said is not to prove anything against what she said. That's why I said "just saying".
Only the problem is, like some said, everyone don't have good/active guilds. But anyway like I said, only to fix scenarios like people leaving at sight of Helena is to give good drops!! Peace

hozukreti
07-17-2014, 11:49 AM
i faced this situation too..one run i cant forget, 2 warrior n 2 mage, i one of this mage; both warrior out of map and i am killing with the other mage without know about the blind spot..me and the other mage die several time, mostly the other mage because he got no elo ward..after killing helena, i make suggestion to him to buy elo ward and he found that ward very helpful for mage and thank me. I am lvl 41 and i solo helena about 2 time and most of other run with pug party.