PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else falling asleep in the new elite dungeon

Physiologic
01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah it's new, sure the drops are nice, yes it's a challenge compared to AO3.

But it's really repetitive and I had to catch myself from falling asleep my 2nd run through

:(

Refriedchicken
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, it is incredibly boring, lol.

It could just be because it's challenging, and tons of kills per stage.

Ravenous
01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I dont think its considered elite since you can use potions....

-Rav

Zeus
01-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I dont think its considered elite since you can use potions....

-Rav

Um did you try the witch boss yet? You NEED POTIONS! The dang lil ... crits 800 THROUGH a tank pot! IT's soo challenging and fun!

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I got a new challenge. Get 5 Int mages to try fighting her with no elixirs :D. Should be interesting to watch...

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Hell yes, was bored after the first couple rounds and started getting grumpy. I just wanted to finish up.

And I was in middle of a Dexter marathon, since showtime is free this weekend. Now I missed out on it over this long and boring map. I just want to trade my Dex armor for rift and be done with it.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I got a new challenge. Get 5 Int mages to try fighting her with no elixirs :D. Should be interesting to watch...

It's just too repetitive the map. Especially since we've seen all these enemies already before. Now they're just blackened out.

I was hoping for some interesing new aliens and some bosses that require strategy, like Gurg.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Hell yes, was bored after the first couple rounds and started getting grumpy. I just wanted to finish up.

And I was in middle of a Dexter marathon, since showtime is free this weekend. Now I missed out on it over this long and boring map. I just want to trade my Dex armor for rift and be done with it.

You guys wouldn't listen to me.. Me, Lone, Magicalx, Readtitle and some other guy cleared all 5 maps in lightning speeds when we all elixir'd up. I wanted to die when I ran with you guys. Longest and most boring dungeon run yet :P. It was like a adrenaline rush going through the map really fast with elixirs.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 09:59 PM
IMO, if the game requires elixirs, something's off balance.

Ellyidol
01-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Was expecting more. I woke up at 7 just to try it. Good fun but if this was weeks worth of work, then I'd have to say I'm disappointed. Didn't even take me more than 100k worth of pots/elixirs and I'm bored already, knowing I just want sets for all characters.

UNLESS, there's some rare gear that nobody has even come across yet!

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:01 PM
IMO, if the game requires elixirs, something's off balance.

doesn't require it, but the dungeon was a lot funner with elixirs. We got through mobs really fast then got to enjoy bosses actually.. Something just not fun about spending 4 hours clearing junk mobs.

Arterra
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
doesn't require it, but the dungeon was a lot funner with elixirs. We got through mobs really fast then got to enjoy bosses actually.. Something just not fun about spending 4 hours clearing junk mobs.

i have 4k on mage. i struggle to sell off any items to meet requirement for one tank elixir at boss.
is this normal?

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:06 PM
i have 4k on mage. i struggle to sell off any items to meet requirement for one tank elixir at boss.
is this normal?

Indeed it is

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Even if there is rare gear worth 8 million a piece, the map is not FUN. and this is a game. It's supposed to be FUN.

Seriously, the old ao3 was the most interesting thing this game ever got. Gurg is still my favorite boss bc he requires a strategy. I want more like that. Slapping a bunch of copies of enemies with higher Hp and damage does not make an interesting map.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Even if there is rare gear worth 8 million a piece, the map is not FUN. and this is a game. It's supposed to be FUN.

Seriously, the old ao3 was the most interesting thing this game ever got. Gurg is still my favorite boss bc he requires a strategy. I want more like that. Slapping a bunch of copies of enemies with higher Hp and damage does not make an interesting map.

I kinda dislike ao3 tbh.... Ao2 sucked too, all it was a bunch of lesser D'Jinn's every 5 steps you take in the dungeon.
Ao1 is my favorite, I remember running that legitelly at level 30 with a bunch of other level 30's. You don't just stare at hp, potions, and spells the entire time.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 10:11 PM

That's my point. It needs to be fun, and challenging. Shouldn't just take long to get through. They took the one thing about DD that I hate and stuffed it into PL.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Thats why I kinda like the nerf better. Before the nerf, all you did was stare at your spells, hp and potions. Its still even like like now. Thats also why I always farm noob maps. I like to not stare at one thing that only turns greyish while it cools down for 3 hours at a time...

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
I predict something's going to change to account for all the new gear being worth less than the regular stuff in less than one night.

Honestly, though, I don't care anymore. I think it might be time for me to move on if this is what they give us after all that hype.

Physiologic
01-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Watch the following happen overnight:

1.) Devs admit that the rate of pink drops were an accident
2.) Devs admit that pot use in elite dungeon was an accident

Zeus
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Watch the following happen overnight:

1.) Devs admit that the rate of pink drops were an accident
2.) Devs admit that pot use in elite dungeon was an accident

The pot use was definitley not an accident! Did you see how hard that mother of a witch hits! She crits me for 800 while wearing decked out void!

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Cinco already said they allowed pots on purpose.

As for pink drops, I definitely can't see doing that ever again if the drops are rarer. How many f'ing shadow Djinns did we kill for no loot? There's just too many mobs in the dungeon.

Blaquehaaart
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
There's a new elite dungeon...oh man, maybe I should start playing again.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 11:38 PM
There's a new elite dungeon...oh man, maybe I should start playing again.

Check out the prices in the shop first -- you might just wanna buy the equipment instead ;)

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Well if they admit anything is wrong and decide to change it. Then I am loading up on them now and selling higher later.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Well if they admit anything is wrong and decide to change it. Then I am loading up on them now and selling higher later.

I don't think they'll give us warning. So you'd be taking a chance.

Banned
01-11-2011, 12:22 AM
It's pretty boring, I admit. But we did get it for FREE, so it's no big deal. Just wish the item design wasn't a rehash of AO3 shizquizzle. Although, FN also suffered from unfashionable gear, which was Project Runway'd a few weeks later.

Spice up them salty sais, son!

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
It's pretty boring, I admit. But we did get it for FREE, so it's no big deal. Just wish the item design wasn't a rehash of AO3 shizquizzle. Although, FN also suffered from unfashionable gear, which was Project Runway'd a few weeks later.

Spice up them salty sais, son!

True, I remember that now. When I bought FN, the loot was so bad, I asked for a refund and never bought it again.

But that's just the thing -- you'd think they'd learn from that and not do it again. And it's not that the stats are bad -- it's just such a boring design, both the enemies and the loot. The only thing new (sort of) was the actual cave itself.

Banned
01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
True, I remember that now. When I bought FN, the loot was so bad, I asked for a refund and never bought it again.

But that's just the thing -- you'd think they'd learn from that and not do it again. And it's not that the stats are bad -- it's just such a boring design, both the enemies and the loot. The only thing new (sort of) was the actual cave itself.

Werd, was really disappointed to see a ghetto Meathead being called "The Shadow Lord", or whatever. Better get him some Kool-Aid, cause that nukkah's in dire need of some skin pigmentation.

Riccits
01-12-2011, 04:02 AM
me bored too...just good for making cash....

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 05:26 AM
me bored too...just good for making cash....

And again... What do you do with all this cash?

The only "positive" thing anyone has been able to say about this update is that they made lots of quick cash without even doing anything. IMO, that's a bad thing, not a good thing. But oh well, I guess some people are easily satisfied. (not talking about you)

KingFu
01-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Yeah, it is incredibly boring, lol.

It could just be because it's challenging, and tons of kills per stage.

Not challenging at all, just takes a while. So many mobs, and so repetitive for 1 boss, and all the loot is becoming so common, I am done with that place since I have all my guys geared....

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Not challenging at all, just takes a while. So many mobs, and so repetitive for 1 boss, and all the loot is becoming so common, I am done with that place since I have all my guys geared....

And another one bites the dust.

Devs, how many people do you think will still be playing in there more than a week?

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 05:37 AM
And another one bites the dust.

Devs, how many people do you think will still be playing in there more than a week?

Sadly, I think only most of the forum users will be absent from the new maps. Most players still don't or can't be bothered using forums (idk why, their loss) and (not saying forum/non-forum users differ in any way), so even if all we read about is negativity from our side, most players in-game could still be playing the maps.

I don't know why they wouldn't want to voice out in the forums, one example is currently :

There are currently 111 users online. 13 members and 98 guests

Riccits
01-12-2011, 05:39 AM
And again... What do you do with all this cash?

The only "positive" thing anyone has been able to say about this update is that they made lots of quick cash without even doing anything. IMO, that's a bad thing, not a good thing. But oh well, I guess some people are easily satisfied. (not talking about you)

may coming times where items harder to get and high priced... and i collect a lot of stuff now... still not have green ice ;)
and i could quit now and rejoin at every level cap, buy actually set an begin again...
sure, keep more then some millions dont have any sense... just enjoy game... :) some ppl play PL at balefort only make money through trading.. really boring...

matta1985
01-12-2011, 05:42 AM
I think i'll just start collecting cool looking items... Should keep me busy until the new lvl cap comes along! I'll have to try catch you on soon Riccits so we can do swamp runs :D Now work has started up again i can't stay up overly late :(

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Ricci, I think you forgot how much fun it was to loot your gear when you couldn't afford to just buy it ;)

Riccits
01-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Ricci, I think you forgot how much fun it was to loot your gear when you couldn't afford to just buy it ;)

yep true ;) we was poor and had to farm all ao3 items over weeks... LOL!
we had much fun i must say! :)

KingFu
01-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Kinda sad to see AO3 have such variety, in bosses and items, but Shadow Caves having so little, and drying out AO3.

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Kinda sad to see AO3 have such variety, in bosses and items, but Shadow Caves having so little, and drying out AO3.

That's what I don't understand!!!!! The devs are basically taking the maps/designs they worked so hard on and making them worthless by throwing out some half-baked elite dungeon. Why would you want to do that???

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
01-12-2011, 07:13 AM
You guys wouldn't listen to me.. Me, Lone, Magicalx, Readtitle and some other guy cleared all 5 maps in lightning speeds when we all elixir'd up. I wanted to die when I ran with you guys. Longest and most boring dungeon run yet :P. It was like a adrenaline rush going through the map really fast with elixirs.

lol and some other guy

Oldgveteran
01-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Doesn't make any sense to me why you would do 100% drop rate... Killing a boss and having the feeling ( maybe this is the one!! ) and getting, or finally getting the pink you've wanted is 99% of fun to me... I enjoy the rare factor just as much as the next person... Look at vyxnar helm for example.. Ppl still sit around farming for that helm for hours on end and enjoy just sitting and chatting as they do... IMO you won't see anybody doing shadow cave in few days so why create a dreadfully long pointless map.. Not to mention it killed any desire for farming captive or victory lap!!! I thought I was bored before this update... Ha!!... THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO FARM!!!... Between cyber gear and new update it's as if the Devs are purposely ruining their own game.. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if everybody can get the best gear in game over night there will be nothing left to do... IMO the ONLY thing holding this game together ATM is the friend base... /end of rant

thugimmortal
01-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Moan moan moan

winge winge winge

rant rant rant

STOP

for god sake did you have to pay for the new dungeon NO
have u thought the pink drop rate is just to get the items out
you guys are just sour because your the farmers who run maps over and over and sell for mass gold and stressed you cant rip people off with your extortionate prices
any thanks to the devs NO because there is no pleasing you guys

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 07:54 AM
@Oldg

Agree on drop rate. Id understand if the boss drop rate is 100% if it is an extremely hard boss, insane quest chain to get to, or just takes loads of work to kill. Sadly shadow cave is none of these.

@thug

Its true that its free, yes no complaint room there. But all MMOs have that "work hard and you get better gear" aspect. Something I'm seeing PL lose bit by bit. Hopefully not entirely, as a game where all players can be alike with one working less than the other (factoring out luck) is not an MMO IMO.

Wysee
01-12-2011, 08:12 AM
"you guys are just sour because your the farmers who run maps over and over and sell for mass gold and stressed you cant rip people off with your extortionate prices" +1

You can buy new dungeons that are tiny and farm for them for ages, although when a FREE one that actually takes some time to get through, with completely new loot comes out you start whining. What if this is just some preparation for a new level cap for example? Stop thinking they only did this to ruin your precious economy.

Oldgveteran
01-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Okay well the "ruin game" aside, I would much rather have payed plat for a good solid update, than have a free update that destroys the previous good updates (ao3) for example was a solid campaign.. I personally would have rather not even had the update, I'm not even bashing the creativity as much as I am the fact that there is absolutely nothing to do now. And yes I enjoy farming and Rmking games. So what?? That's a silly point dude. Not too mention I can't tell the difference between a noob like u and somebody who has been playing anymore. That by itself annoys me. I'm not screaming end of the world but I am saying that this "free" update just ruined what I have paid money to play.

Wysee
01-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Please do check the thread where the gear is compared. Neither cyber nor AO3 loot is worthless and ruined, they're almost alike, just some minor changes between the sets. It's just everyone going completely nuts and buying this gear instantly.
And i can agree on that the loot drops way to easily though, 100% is kinda ridicolous.

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
And i can agree on that the loot drops way to easily though, 100% is kinda ridicolous.

I have a gut feeling this was done as a preface to a new content level cap expansion soon. Put everyone in the same platform before launch. Hence why they made it free. Market was bound to get stuffed up anyway if new content rumors spread, maybe this is their way of doing it + a balanced starting line. Maybe, just a hunch. Much like my hunch of the launch being soon.

StompArtist
01-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Tried that yesterday. Can you say rev spamming? We managed to kill her but I can safely say I died about 10 times but we managed to always have at least one mage standing. :P

Oldgveteran
01-12-2011, 08:58 AM
The problem isn't that the original sets are worthless necessarily, it's that there is (currently) no demand, or very low demand for void/cosmos/rift because they can easily (let's face it) obtain gear that is the same or better. Pretty much ruins it for the many of us who enjoy farming doesn't it?? I mean within a day or two everybody will be fully geared who are we supposed to sell gear to?? And what am I supposed to buy?? Idk feel bad that I have to bash a free update because I was stoked to see that it was free!! But the problem here for me isn't the dungeon or it's lack of content it's how it greatly effected the rest of the game.

And btw mr Thug Life wanna be I'm not "winge"ing" lmao nothing worse than being called names by someone who can't even spell whine. Why don't you stop whining about peoples opinions.

thugimmortal
01-12-2011, 09:14 AM
And btw mr Thug Life wanna be I'm not "winge"ing" lmao nothing worse than being called names by someone who can't even spell whine. Why don't you stop whining about peoples opinions.

Im not a thug life wanna be u dont even know me so before u start slagging me off you had better give respect or get chin checked.

all this thead is moaning

come on guys give the devs some credit

and im from the uk and winge is whining get your facts right before flapping those gums of yours and i did not call u names mr 19 posts LMAO NOOB

Ritualist
01-12-2011, 09:28 AM
After farming a whole week in laps, seeing countless loot fall into the wrong hands and spending over 500k on pot I was actually kinda happy to make 2mil in just a few hours.

That being said I'm going back to AO3 and farming green ice cause I still enjoy those the most. Since I hosted all my games in new elite dungeon I can pretty much say I always had an amazing team and we flyed trough the whole area spamming combos. But 2 days was more than enough for me. I find the whole thing very repetitive and except the witch there is just no fun in bosses.

Oldgveteran
01-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Haha or get chin checked?? Mannn I've been fighting since before you were even potty trained.

Do yourself a favor and eat my STFU chin.

Justg
01-12-2011, 09:33 AM
This lovely thread has also degraded enough for a lock. We appreciate how you feel about the latest update, official feedback thread is here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16454-1.6-Content-Update-%2853552%29).