PDA

View Full Version : Scamming Guide! (uh oh)

Warlord0520
07-16-2014, 08:11 PM
THIS guide is made for fun, but shows the flaws in SPACETIME studios rule: I will show you.

Scammer: hello sir, may I hold your napalm please a d use it for a guild run, after all, I am in your guild :)
Noob: Sure! I trust you, why not.
Trade completes....
Scammer: Thanks!!! Haha I have your napalm now!
Noob: WTF!!! I thought you were a guild mate, but you joined a few days ago and tricked me!
Noob: I'm reporting this to STS, you will be banned!
Noob: "Types in email to STS regarding the scam"
StS support: Sorry we can not settle trade disputes, after an item is considered traded, it is the senders responsibility to make sure what happens. Blah blah blah
Scammer: logs onto main account after trading his napalm from his scam account to his main.
Scammer: haha, that will teach that noob a lesson, plus he won't get it back anyways and I won't be banned LOLOL.
Noob: Screw this, I quit.
Scammer: "Repeats same action 20 times in a row before being caught" meanwhile 20 other people are screwed over because of it.

Let me know what ya guys think!

Jblazer
07-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Now I think of it this way. If you get scammed, that is all on you. STS cannot help that and it is obvious why. Anybody could stage this and make bank of a lie. If it doesn't fit in the trade box then don't do it. And if 20 people get screwed over cause of it, that is hilarious. None the less, cool thread bro.

Blackair142
07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
I don't understand the point of this thread, and if you let a new member of your guild borrow your Napalm for a run.. Well...

Jblazer
07-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't understand the point of this thread, and if you let a new member of your guild borrow your Napalm for a run.. Well...

I'd say his point is that scamming so common and results in no consequence (good or bad) to the scammer/scammy.

Warlord0520
07-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I'd say his point is that scamming so common and results in no consequence (good or bad) to the scammer/scammy.

Pretty much, but it also brings up the fact that scamming not only hurts the person being slammed, but it can hurt 20 other people in the process.

Jblazer
07-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Hey I have a great solution! If you don't know them irl don't trust them :)

Zodiarck
07-17-2014, 12:46 AM
I believe sts should make it possible to add a backup email incase you forget or "forget" your email account and can't log into your account, even though it's true people's Mindsets is what gets them scammed in the first place, but hey people make mistakes, lease you can do sts if someone contacts you with a problem like that is revert the account back to the email it was made with.

CAK Vader
07-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Have to agree with warlord, sts made a good game, 1 good game, and they have nice Devs and mods, but they have made a little bit of a failure with customer service...I know from experience

Dashbroo
07-17-2014, 05:37 PM
U can't always blame something for your failures if u worked hard for a nap why give it away like that.. Be responsible for ur actions blaming things won't help but learning from ur mistakes will just saying I mean u won't get a new nap anyways from sts Even if the scammer is banned so think before u trade noobs :grumpy:

Deathplague
07-17-2014, 06:49 PM
The scam bunny will get chu guise

Jblazer
07-18-2014, 12:40 AM
the scam bunny will get chu guise
u r da bunny

Deathplague
07-18-2014, 10:16 AM
perhapsss! dundundun

Xxnavysealxx
07-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Uli been scamming nuff' said

Seoratrek
07-18-2014, 10:56 AM
As a general rule of thumb, don't give/trade away items you aren't willing to lose. It's awesome that you all want to share your stuff with others, but be aware of the possible consequences. I also encourage you all to read these two threads:

And Now, A Word From Your Customer Support Team… (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69958-And-Now-A-Word-From-Your-Customer-Support-Team%85)
Re: Gifting items

Let’s talk about scamming….. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?124025-Let%92s-talk-about-scamming%85)
Re: Dealing with scammers