PDA

View Full Version : New Elite Dungeon

giayuan
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
As one person said in off-topic section, finals are coming up...and grades come first for me unfortunately. Can someone describe the WHOLE dungeon? How to arrive, loots, new content..bosses...etc.
Thanks guys!

Cabero
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Long as heck, mobs aren't so bad minibosses and bosses hit like trucks lol but fairly easy to get thru other than that. All pink drops every boss.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Basically fun for the first hour. Took my group 'bout an hour to clear all 5 maps. ND YAAAY! That was my post about finals ;D. Don't worry about missing anything in the elite. Its done already. You can buy elite gear for like 5k in CS when you get on.

Inching
01-10-2011, 09:42 PM
anyone thinking of posting a walk through on this? Would be really helpful.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Basically fun for the first hour. Took my group 'bout an hour to clear all 5 maps. ND YAAAY! That was my post about finals ;D. Don't worry about missing anything in the elite. Its done already. You can buy elite gear for like 5k in CS when you get on.

I'm sure devs will nerf drop rate prices will raise later.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 09:48 PM
That will be the cruelest joke the devs will ever play if they nerf the drop rates... Talk about right place right time. New players = TOTALLY SCREWED. Heheh.....

Cabero
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM
That will be the cruelest joke the devs will ever play if they nerf the drop rates... Talk about right place right time. New players = TOTALLY SCREWED. Heheh.....

Well just think what would happen to the economy if they didn't like I heard at the time I started they nerfed Ao3 gold drop rates

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Eh I'm disappointed with the design. More photocopies of enemies and equipment.

The cave design is cool (I recommended it at some point when I saw a photo of the pvp map). But everything else --- just gonna have gray clones running around. Bye bye colorful rift/cosmos/void.

And I was hoping for some new aliens, not just more of the same design.

I think I'll just get a full rift set and get the rest when prices drop. No interest in spending another 3-4 hours on one round.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm lvling my alts to 50 now... Only reason I didn't was because cyber. Now that I can get better then cyber in CS for like 5k, I'll do it :).

Well just think what would happen to the economy if they didn't like I heard at the time I started they nerfed Ao3 gold drop rates

Oh that was sooo nice.... But prices did go through the roof then too. I got 13k of my PvE kills during that week of amazing Ao3 drops.

Diodge
01-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Im not a old PL player. but I will bet they drop the rate. There is always 2000 people online. They flood the market . then .......

Thats my guess

Cabero
01-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Eh I'm disappointed with the design. More photocopies of enemies and equipment.

The cave design is cool (I recommended it at some point when I saw a photo of the pvp map). But everything else --- just gonna have gray clones running around. Bye bye colorful rift/cosmos/void.

And I was hoping for some new aliens, not just more of the same design.

I think I'll just get a full rift set and get the rest when prices drop. No interest in spending another 3-4 hours on one round.
So this is the part where I dog you out for saying something negitive about the game like you been doing everyone else lately? what do expect for free?

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Uh I'm not the only one who was bored, so stfu.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:00 PM
I was bored too after the first set of elite. First 5 levels was freakin amazing but now I won't go into Elite ever again. Unless we have funny witch competitions.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm just saying I been watching the last few days you dogging people for voicing there opions. Other people have been agreeing witht he people you been dogging now I see you do it. I kept my mouth shut till I just seen you do what you been flaming others for.

Edit: and I'll leave it at that...

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Because I'm trying to give constructive criticism about the game. Not just complain bc someone doesn't play my way. That's what I was calling people out on.

If this was an attempt to bring people back to PL, it was a weak one. I won't be playing through that map again.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 10:07 PM
OH when you do it it's constructive critcism? Bother others it's just complaining I see....

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Cabero, me and Les used to be very very helpful in the community. Both of us still are, answering questions all the time. But all there is to do now is dog people and joke around on forums. Sorry if it bothers you that we are very very bored.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Well it's not cool who ever you do it to if they are rude people then fine but I seen people dog out a newcomer to the forums do bad today he wanted to quit the forums. Thats not what the forums are about and Les is one of them that did it to him. I been seeing Les more and more doing to people I had respect for him when I first started the forums now it seems like he is turing out like the rest of the dirt bag trolls that run around the forums. Thats why it upsets me so much. If he was always a dirtbag I wouldn't care so much. And this doesn't have anything to do with me about my post he dogged me on it pissed me off when people upset the newcomer. I joined these forums thinking it was mostly decent people on it. And lately thats getting far and few inbetween. Especially when now the old timers to the forums start doing it.

Edit: stating your opion on something is different then whinning. People need to learn the difference before they shoot off at the mouth.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
What was the thread that he dogged out? Personally, I only dog people out that have it coming to them. Like a few days ago, someone suggested EVEN MORE free platinum. I wanted to scream about how ungreatful he was for even posting that. But if the persons got good questions/statements, then he will get me replying to him in a polite manner. Hope that helps out with some of the forum dogging. Also people are becoming trolls more based on the players we come across every day. Its hard to stay polite when there are 30 people who will post "cNa I'z hve fre stuffz?" vs. the one guy who says "Can you guys help me out? I cannot seem to find this quest, much appreciated." That one guy will get 100% of my help, the 30 people will get 100% of my flame.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Again, instead of complaining...
Create a thread asking for people who like your playstyle to add you to their friends list and then invite them to your games.
Or, try hosting your own games and explaining what you plan to do before you start. That way anyone who doesn't like your playstyle can leave early on. And you can boot anyone who runs in doing their own thing.

The game offers a lot of tools to allow you to shape the game how you want it. Until you've used them all and they didn't work, you have no right to complain.

then after his post Arterra stuck up for the guy. Then Les made another flame later read the whole post he wasn't the only one but. The guy wasn't complaining he was just stating his opion. just like Les did in this one.

Edit: that one wasn't to bad it was the next one that realy got me flamming after days of seeing him do stuff like that.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Edit: didn't see quote

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Cabero, leave me alone. All I did here was critique the new dungeon. I didn't insult anyone. And the quote you added here was advice. I dunno what the hell you want from me.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Cabero, leave me alone. All I did here was critique the new dungeon. I didn't insult anyone. And the quote you added here was advice. I dunno what the hell you want from me.

When you tell people to "stop complaining" more than once thats not advice especially when others are already giving some one a hard time.

And fyi I stopped over a half hour ago till you said that.

Edit: and I didn't get on you because of this one post its been building up for days from other stuff you did.

giayuan
01-11-2011, 01:18 AM
=(
cabero and les, you two are my friends...dont fight...you idiots ;)

Otukura
01-11-2011, 01:23 AM
=(
cabero and les, you two are my friends...dont fight...you idiots ;)

I suggest you both start yelling at him, then continue your fight :D

Riccits
01-11-2011, 02:31 AM
i ll get all new items but then i dunno what to do in PL..??
market crashed like i expected.. everyone can have the full set doing the elite with some runs....

so i really want a statement from devs why this step....

and Lesrider said right... no new bosses and in fact no new weapons, just colored ols stuff...

PS: who the hell bought my whole elite gears i sold yesterday for holy prices??? ppl can be so stupid....just wait some day and u will get all for 50k max! it has never been a pink in PL which droppped 100%... why ppl dont unterstand that such items are worthless??

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Ricci, they're cheap enough now that I bought it in case the devs wake up in the morning and change the drop rate.
Now I don't have to play anymore until the next dungeon lol.

Riccits
01-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Ricci, they're cheap enough now that I bought it in case the devs wake up in the morning and change the drop rate.
Now I don't have to play anymore until the next dungeon lol.

yes they could do, but all ppl which coudnt play yesterday hadnt this advantage and wouldnt be fair to them.... and nomally they fix bad, unwanted bugs quick...

short was ur retun ;(

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:02 AM
yes they could do, but all ppl which coudnt play yesterday hadnt this advantage and wouldnt be fair to them.... and nomally they fix bad, unwanted bugs quick...

short was ur retun ;(

If they intended it to be like this, that would mean they intended to ruin the economy and create a useless dungeon.
I guess it's possible, but I'm guessing they'll try to stick a bandaid on it tomorrow, and I rather spend a bit extra now not to have to worry later.

Yep, I was excited for a while about this dungeon, but it was overhyped.

ballersburden
01-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Glad when I noticed waaaay earliar today that drops were not even rare I put stuff up for sale and sold a good amount of things for 80k-150k. Sorry for whoever bought them, haha.

Now I'm doing runs and just sitting on this equipment till I find out what's going to happen with it. Maybe make it drop less, who knows. It's worthless now, no harm in holding on to it.

Riccits
01-11-2011, 04:23 AM
still noone figured out where the new quests to find..?

Cabero
01-11-2011, 04:46 AM
still noone figured out where the new quests to find..?

What new quests?

Riccits
01-11-2011, 04:57 AM
when u look at the world map to alien oasis u may c 2/5 quests, before i had 2/2....
cyber quests i have all done, so they coudnt be. we checked npc at shadows again but nothing new from him.. so...dunno!

Echelong
01-11-2011, 07:48 AM
when u look at the world map to alien oasis u may c 2/5 quests, before i had 2/2....
cyber quests i have all done, so they coudnt be. we checked npc at shadows again but nothing new from him.. so...dunno!

Somehow I had 3/5 quests in Ao3 not sure why and how I haven't done a quest in like a month. and 18/19 in Swamps which had only 18 quests.

Balgreta
01-11-2011, 07:52 AM
i wonder if the quests when found / implemented will allow access to the elite content from the host game menu rather than chance finding one in tpaxx room?

Riccits
01-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Somehow I had 3/5 quests in Ao3 not sure why and how I haven't done a quest in like a month. and 18/19 in Swamps which had only 18 quests.

with my mage i rarley made quests i have 3/5 too...? :-S

anyone found the new npc for the new swamp quest??

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 08:38 AM
I really enjoy the level design, very dark and "creepy"... well as creepy as you can get considering you got birds and bears running around. The drop items are pretty good too and I noticed the little XP signs over our heads while going through the dungeon so I take it that when the cap is raised this will give us XP. The dark items are pretty cool but I see this level more as an add on to the AO3 campaigns than something new entirely. To me it make sense because it will drop prices on market and allow newer player to get to par with older players in some way so when the level cap is raised there is not a small group of elitist players booting everyone else.

I am disappointed at the enemies in the caves. The desert people do not belong there, I would have preferred new enemies or all shadows myself. All in all it is a very nice and cool addition to the game. Thanks devs!!!

Echelong
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I really enjoy the level design, very dark and "creepy"... well as creepy as you can get considering you got birds and bears running around. The drop items are pretty good too and I noticed the little XP signs over our heads while going through the dungeon so I take it that when the cap is raised this will give us XP. The dark items are pretty cool but I see this level more as an add on to the AO3 campaigns than something new entirely. To me it make sense because it will drop prices on market and allow newer player to get to par with older players in some way so when the level cap is raised there is not a small group of elitist players booting everyone else.

I am disappointed at the enemies in the caves. The desert people do not belong there, I would have preferred new enemies or all shadows myself. All in all it is a very nice and cool addition to the game. Thanks devs!!!

Shadows of existing enemies would be nice to have. Shadow aliens, mages and archers stuff like that.