PDA

View Full Version : Gold purchasable "revival elexirs"

Coolskies
07-17-2014, 02:38 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but do you guys think this will happen in the future? Pros and cons? Sure help out the non plat buyers.

tharidom
07-17-2014, 03:56 AM
I don't think sts will do this and elites will also be quite easy if everyone can revive.

Coolskies
07-17-2014, 04:31 AM
I just think it gives the non plat users a more even playing field when in comes to elites.

Bigboyblue
07-17-2014, 06:20 AM
If anything they will follow suit with what they have done with other elixirs. Make them purchasable with plat as kits that can be sold in the CS. I don't see why this wouldn't be done. I'm pretty sure it has increased the sales of the elixirs they have done this to.

Coolskies
07-17-2014, 06:58 AM
If anything they will follow suit with what they have done with other elixirs. Make them purchasable with plat as kits that can be sold in the CS. I don't see why this wouldn't be done. I'm pretty sure it has increased the sales of the elixirs they have done this to.

Ikr.. this might also help with the gold sink.

tharidom
07-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Ikr.. this might also help with the gold sink.

If it's plat purchaseable and then sold for gold it isn't a gold sink, then only the listing fee is paid which will be low.

Hectororius
07-17-2014, 07:09 AM
It's not a gold sink if the gold remains in game.

As for revives, would be interesting to see how they implement it. You can't exactly access your inventory when you're dead. And if you pop it like an energy, would it mean you get an auto revive even if don't want to revive that time, or would it be a counter on the revive screen? If the latter would probably mean a new client

Kalahesi
07-17-2014, 07:22 AM
I hope they do implement this, revives for like 1k gold, I think it's reasonable. I don't think it should be an elixir or purchasable kits. You should just be given the option when you die. Also I can't see how this will make elites any easier, and it's kind of benefit since gold is more readily available and a better option for players to spend vs plat. Many users who don't use use platinum for revives now have the option to do so therefore reducing the strain on the party if that member dies.

Coolskies
07-17-2014, 07:32 AM
If it's plat purchaseable and then sold for gold it isn't a gold sink, then only the listing fee is paid which will be low.

Oh I guess you're right. It wouldn't be a gold sink. :peach:

I hope they do implement this, revives for like 1k gold, I think it's reasonable. I don't think it should be an elixir or purchasable kits. You should just be given the option when you die. Also I can't see how this will make elites any easier, and it's kind of benefit since gold is more readily available and a better option for players to spend vs plat. Many users who don't use use platinum for revives now have the option to do so therefore reducing the strain on the party if that member dies.

Yeah like when you die... it would have 2 options for revival. Either 1 plat or 15k gold.

tharidom
07-17-2014, 07:51 AM

1k gold... If sts would ever do it it would have to be around 50k atleast otherways elites will just be die and revive.

Kreasadriii
07-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Consider it, if each player dead need about 15k just to revive with that elixirs survive, and the amount of dead more than he/she predict.
It still get disadvantage, indeed if the player who spend gold to revive but get nothing from the bosses.
That stuff about revive elixirs will help non plat users, the question, will non plat user buy it only to revive for how many death?

Kalahesi
07-17-2014, 08:24 AM
1k gold... If sts would ever do it it would have to be around 50k atleast otherways elites will just be die and revive.

I don't understand why ppl over price something especially when it's potentially to your benefit. I only said 1k bcs 1 plat is equivalent when u covert plat to gold. If it was 50k I doubt anyone would pay gold to revive, I know I certainly wouldn't. Would you? I don't understand if ppl revive a lot whats the problem it's causing you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tharidom
07-17-2014, 08:25 AM
I don't understand why ppl over price something especially when it's potentially to your benefit. I only said 1k bcs 1 plat is equivalent when u covert plat to gold. If it was 50k I doubt anyone would pay gold to revive, I know I certainly wouldn't. Would you? I don't understand if ppl revive a lot whats the problem it's causing you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no fun in elites if u can revive all the time.

Rare
07-17-2014, 08:30 AM

Now THAT is a gold sink.

Opinion. Not fact.

octavos
07-17-2014, 08:31 AM
I would prefer a "boss no-reset" elixir because some of us just like to do solo runs.

Well isn't it annoying when you get close to killing a boss...like Helena, and boom you have to start over. I wouldn't mind dieing but we all know that feeling.

Coolskies
07-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Well people with lots of plat revive all the time. :eagerness:

Kalahesi
07-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Now THAT is a gold sink.

I hope STS sees this thread.

How effective it will be as a gold sink though depends on how much it would cost, if they were to price it between 5-10k, it wouldn't scare ppl away and would generate a good amount of gold back imo.

True

tharidom
07-17-2014, 09:10 AM

Yes but that's not everyone that's only a smaller player base, if everyone can revive for 1k the howl time the challenge of running an elite is gone.

Dex Scene
07-17-2014, 09:34 AM
True it should be good amount of gold if its done. People might say 1 plat is equivalent to 1k gold. Its actually not!!

tharidom
07-17-2014, 10:41 AM
True it should be good amount of gold if its done. People might say 1 plat is equivalent to 1k gold. Its actually not!!

True for sts 250plat is 250k gold but I haven't seen a mythic egg selling at that price.

Kalahesi
07-17-2014, 10:42 AM
People might say 1 plat is equivalent to 1k gold. Its actually not!!

It isn't? So what is the gold equivalent to 1 plat?

I was comparing to STS conversion of plat to gold.

Arrowz
07-17-2014, 10:51 AM
They do need some form of revival that isnt just spending plat. Back in pocket legends mages had a skill that revived people so surely they can come up with something other than spending plat to revive

tharidom
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
They do need some form of revival that isnt just spending plat. Back in pocket legends mages had a skill that revived people so surely they can come up with something other than spending plat to revive

Well u hear kalahesi go start playing pl with a mage;).

Tendirin
07-17-2014, 11:04 AM
yeah i thought the mages should be able to revive similar to how the engineer revives on sl

Xeusx
07-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Won't happen, when a sorcerer revive players while in elite, Sorcerer died and others died after he died lol.

yeah i thought the mages should be able to revive similar to how the engineer revives on sl
Sorcerer is sorcerer, no sorcerers do revive, sorcerer and mage are different, right? :d

Coolskies
07-17-2014, 11:08 AM

That would be even a better idea... totally change the gameplay a bit. Would love to have a mage for support rather than deal damage.

Rare
07-17-2014, 12:03 PM
That would be even a better idea... totally change the gameplay a bit. Would love to have a mage for support rather than deal damage.

no thank you.

- Sorcerers

Coolskies
07-17-2014, 12:44 PM
no thank you.

- Sorcerers

LoL ok sorry.

utpal
07-17-2014, 02:16 PM
hmmm. It will be good but ppl will overprice it since many players doesn't run elites. 80%ppl farm km3 and locks. and honestly, it will not be fun in elite. there will be no team work since everyone just gonna hack and slash and die and revive.
no challenge too.

anyway, boss shouldn't reset especially the event bosses. in goblin event too boss reset if u die when soloing.

well, there had been couple of free revive weekends in PL lol.
why not here in AL?
ppl will love it :D

Dex Scene
07-18-2014, 12:12 PM
It isn't? So what is the gold equivalent to 1 plat?

I was comparing to STS conversion of plat to gold.
Never saw luck elixir getting sold at 4k, never saw mythic pets getting sold at 250k nor did I saw energies at 5k gold. 1 plat definitely worth more than 1k gold.

Kalahesi
07-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Never saw luck elixir getting sold at 4k, never saw mythic pets getting sold at 250k nor did I saw energies at 5k gold. 1 plat definitely worth more than 1k gold.

Of course not, (we) players inflate prices in order to make a profit. STS isn't a player, they govern the game and they value 1plat to 1k gold.

It would be interesting if you could sell plat for gold to payers, I wonder what players would value it at.

killarrow
07-21-2014, 02:36 AM
Revive with gold or plat is of little help for those who like to solo maps/ events. Wish for the solo enthusiasts STG could change the boss/ mobs not to reset but heal over time.

mishafeng
07-21-2014, 12:56 PM
they should also make a plat purchase where u can erase deaths.. but for like every 50 or so plat u erase 5 deaths... or they could make them a kit sold in auc as a gold sink

tharidom
07-21-2014, 01:12 PM
they should also make a plat purchase where u can erase deaths.. but for like every 50 or so plat u erase 5 deaths... or they could make them a kit sold in auc as a gold sink

No -rated.

Dex Scene
07-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Bad idea!! Why have a fake stats?