PDA

View Full Version : New bear changes.

Ellyidol
01-10-2011, 10:08 PM
So more damage from rage and more debuff from crushing blow.

Anyone have figures?

I saw crushing blow reduces 50 damage now. Was that increased from 25?

Also what about for rage?

One thing i like (if they fixed or always been that way) is that taunt works now. I always get keeper aggro with my bear when i use taunt. So yay!

Blaquehaaart
01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Yay...I'm might actually play for often if these are the case.

Arterra
01-10-2011, 10:39 PM
TAUNT WORKS??! wow, they really buffed em up lol

Cabero
01-10-2011, 10:40 PM
If it was possible to hold aggro. I would make a bear. Thats all I care about.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 10:40 PM
TAUNT WORKS??! wow, they really buffed em up lol

Realy?! Sweet lol might just have do make one after all.

Arterra
01-10-2011, 10:41 PM
aww mine is at lv36... this might take a while...

Ellyidol
01-10-2011, 10:42 PM
I assume it does. Since bear almost always never gets aggro from bosses, i used taunt by keeper and it switched from bird to me.

Cabero
01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
aww mine is at lv36... this might take a while...

lol mine is at 15

Blaquehaaart
01-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Nah...taunt always worked, you just have to spam it like three times before it worked well. It was pretty useless for groups though. I'd like to see another aoe that didn't have a knock back effect...I think an aoe bleed that generated aggro would be cool.

...and a charge. I like to see a charge move that had an aggro effect as well. I just want a charge move, because charging this is cool!

FluffNStuff
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Nah...taunt always worked, you just have to spam it like three times before it worked well. It was pretty useless for groups though. I'd like to see another aoe that didn't have a knock back effect...I think an aoe bleed that generated aggro would be cool.

...and a charge. I like to see a charge move that had an aggro effect as well. I just want a charge move, because charging this is cool!

There is a skill that causes AOE damage, but instead of knock back, it pulls toward ... The damage part is just not documented.

As for the changes, Crushing blow can now reduce by 50 instead of 25, and Rage adds 50 damage instead of 25, just like before the nerf. The rage damage add on is not documented now, and was not documented before.

Zeus
01-11-2011, 12:29 AM
There is a skill that causes AOE damage, but instead of knock back, it pulls toward ... The damage part is just not documented.

As for the changes, Crushing blow can now reduce by 50 instead of 25, and Rage adds 50 damage instead of 25, just like before the nerf. The rage damage add on is not documented now, and was not documented before.

BEARS ARE BACK BABY! I might just ask mystic to remake my signature now since I'm not ashamed of it. I was in pvp though and I was destroying any class of birds left and right, and in PVE people INVITED ME on my BEAR! To help them with shadow caves. The ones that booted me though before this... my response was... "hmm, I remember you booting me earlier on my bear before this content, Ya need me now? No thanks, I'll go help a more sincere group".

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Lol our problem was that all we were getting was bears. We had 4 bears at one point, and some people don't seem to process it when they enter as a bear and you say "sorry, we can't have any more bears. We need a Mage."

Anyway, I still prefer Mage. I always did, until ao3. As long as Mage/pallies aren't too squishy, my bear is taking backseat again.

Lysdexic
01-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Taunt works well... To bad I'm a dex bear and found out the hard way :)

Blaquehaaart
01-11-2011, 01:13 AM
wait, beckon does damage now...arrrg, I have to edit like a hundred pictures...boooo!

TheLaw
01-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Beckon always does damage ;)

FluffNStuff
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
wait, beckon does damage now...arrrg, I have to edit like a hundred pictures...boooo!

It is not listed, keep it on the low low ;)

BeardedBear
01-12-2011, 08:35 AM
It is not listed, keep it on the low low ;)

It does +50 dmg when you have rage enabled too.

ranonman
01-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Beckon FTW!

FluffNStuff
01-14-2011, 10:05 AM
It does +50 dmg when you have rage enabled too.

Also does 'basic weapon add damage' which is 183 on the hammer. That gets added to all damage skills ... including Crushing Blow!.