PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Witch Thought

FluffNStuff
01-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Got a thought for the Shadow witch on a possible way to beat her with out elixirs (If anyone has been on a team that has, please post how). It would require 4 hammer bears and a mage. Need to send in all 4 hammer bears at once, and with luck, 3 out of the four will survive the initial blast and lock on. Once they start pounding away, this should keep her in a perpetual stunned state. At this point, the mage rezes the other bear, and heals. Just a thought, as I have seen multiple hammer groups keep other int bosses from blasting this way.

BTW, heading to bed now, but if anyone wants to test this tomorrow, I have hammers I can loan out.

Pharcyde
01-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Bears can survive with no elixirs already.

FluffNStuff
01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Bears can survive with no elixirs already.

Our bears were taking 800 point crits and getting blown away. Have you seen a group survive it with no armor or damage elixirs?

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
I thought it was odd that she was the only boss that posed a problem. We needed elixirs for her, but not for any of the other bosses. And the final boss was pretty easy.

Anyone feel differently?

Zeus
01-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Our bears were taking 800 point crits and getting blown away. Have you seen a group survive it with no armor or damage elixirs?

Ok I have created the perfect way to kill it without elixers. TWO BEARS DECKED IN RIFT SET CRUCIAL! DEBUFFS AND BUFFS MAXED ON THEM CRUCIAL! Now once these two bears lock on! Birds and elfs come in and damage debuff the boss FIRST THING! Then Bears keep boss stunned and cornered and kill it. I have tried this and it worked flawlessly.

icantgetkills
01-11-2011, 12:22 AM
She needs to only be able to hit one target at a time or less damage and aoe she's way to overpowered

ballersburden
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
She was the toughest, made our group die over and over... I'm a bear and had a tank elixer going on and had to solo her for the remaining 1/4 of her life. Took a great while.

Zeus
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
She needs to only be able to hit one target at a time or less damage and aoe she's way to overpowered

NOOOOO! I DO NOT WANT A NERFED BOSS! This is the first time in a while farming and the game has been fun for me! If they take it away.... I will be very mad and disappointed!

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 12:27 AM
NOOOOO! I DO NOT WANT A NERFED BOSS! This is the first time in a while farming and the game has been fun for me! If they take it away.... I will be very mad and disappointed!

Lol don't you know by now that this is how the game works? Starts off challenging, people complain, it gets easy. That's the pattern.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Btw, I think the witch should have been the last boss. The final boss was a joke.

Zeus
01-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Btw, I think the witch should have been the last boss. The final boss was a joke.

Ya... I was a bit dissapointed with the final boss. BTW Lesrider, I tested full rift set on my bear... I actually contribute to the group now and can sustain aggro and DAMAGE Targets, as well as tank. People INVITE ME on my bear now.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Lol yeah I just saw your other post and responded.

I still don't like my bear. It might be due to the fact that I keep using my slash skills on the air bc the enemies keep flying away before I attack. The bear skills should all charge, since they do nothing without contact.

Pharcyde
01-11-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't even really understand how shes hard? We cleared her no problem at all then moved onto the next map. Bears just stunned her nd we wasted her before stun ran out.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 12:48 AM
I don't even really understand how shes hard? We cleared her no problem at all then moved onto the next map. Bears just stunned her nd we wasted her before stun ran out.

Didn't you say you were using elixirs the whole time?

Pharcyde
01-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Different team like 10 minutes ago. They were all too cheap to buy elixirs.

Anyways, pally ran in first followed by tank. Pally took blunt of aggro and survived with shield. Tank stunned then birds mopped the floor with him. Dead in no time. Also witch sucks debuffed. Debuff before that 800 crit.

Relytekal
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
I was in group with 2 birds, one mage and paly. My bear was potted and sole remaining survivor and I finished the last 1/2 of her. Was slow and used more pots than I care to remember.

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
01-11-2011, 04:17 AM
pharcyde was that our group that we had with lone? BTW y wont u add me :(

icantgetkills
01-11-2011, 04:18 AM

agreed she should be the hardest anibus was just pathetic..

thugimmortal
01-11-2011, 06:52 AM

Me to i like the difficulty and bears are needed again woot

this is bear country after all they do live in caves lol

Fyrce
01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
I was in one group w/ 3 birds, a pally and a mage. It's key the mages use shield and rev immediately. The birds took her down pretty quickly. I died on the last hit :P

Birdie can survive un-elixired, but you gotta have no lag and pound those hp pots like a son-of-a...

I was also in a group later with 3 bears, a mage and birdie. Bears work gerat here. Again, not much of a problem, though witch can definitely down a bear or more if you let her. Scared bears who hang back do not work. Mages who don't rev immediately do not work, so shield up and run away if you have to.

Don't run past the end of the corridor. Witch-poo resets. Grrrr :)

Love her. Love her. Love her. So leave the witch alone! Maybe she needs a kill count though...

I thought it was cool she was in the middle and has the shields. :)

Echelong
01-11-2011, 07:23 AM
We killed the witch last night with a group of 4 only. We had a full rift bear, 2 mages and 1 archer. We potted but as soon as the fight began the bear stepped inside and stunned her and we started with the dps and she was dead in less than 20 seconds. All you really need is at least 1 bear that knows how to do their job and you can beat her easily.

Riccits
01-11-2011, 07:36 AM
we was in 5 and had 3 archer and 2 rift pallys... we had several difficulty with witch even all poted with tank and dmg...
noone of us could keep good agro...even rift mages had diffculty... me as archer with pot was death in 3 hits..
may bears really back! :) :D

Echelong
01-11-2011, 07:39 AM
we was in 5 and had 3 archer and 2 rift pallys... we had several difficulty with witch even all poted with tank and dmg...
noone of us could keep good agro...even rift mages had diffculty... me as archer with pot was death in 3 hits..
may bears really back! :) :D

They are I played with 2 pro bears and they kept aggro from everyone. You need 2 mages for this the healing buffs and debuffs are a must.

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 08:41 AM
They are I played with 2 pro bears and they kept aggro from everyone. You need 2 mages for this the healing buffs and debuffs are a must.

I you go to the witch cave before the level is cleared is she spawned?

TwinkTastical
01-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Solo with bear and tank pot= 100% possible.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Solo with bear and tank pot= 100% possible.

That sounds painfully slow. How long did it take you?

FluffNStuff
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
That sounds painfully slow. How long did it take you?

Be curious to try. Thing is, she does put out high damage, but did not look like she had really high HP / armor. Could be cool.

Fyrce
01-11-2011, 01:18 PM
She does not take that long to kill as long as she doesn't wipe the party. Not sure how she'd work being solo'd by bear, but in group, particularly debuffed, she goes down quickly. Like a level 50 Fridge w/ a ranged attack...?

browndanielusn
01-11-2011, 01:56 PM
She does not take that long to kill as long as she doesn't wipe the party. Not sure how she'd work being solo'd by bear, but in group, particularly debuffed, she goes down quickly. Like a level 50 Fridge w/ a ranged attack...?

More like a ranged aoe attack

TwinkTastical
01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Four minutes...

Echelong
01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Four minutes...

Twink for soloing the Witch on the first day we will see a nerf the bears thread coming.

ballersburden
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I solo'd her for 1/4 of her health and it felt like forever and I ran through health pots.

Not something fun to do, I don't want arthritis on my finger.

TwinkTastical
01-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Twink for soloing the Witch on the first day we will see a nerf the bears thread coming.

No we wont, its just we can take damage like we used to,

Phoenixking
01-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I thought it was odd that she was the only boss that posed a problem. We needed elixirs for her, but not for any of the other bosses. And the final boss was pretty easy.

Anyone feel differently?
ppl need pots for first boss SHADOW ARCHER and boss SHADOW MAGE and sometimes even SHADOW ANUBIS because he sometimes sends a strong firestorm attack near 1 hit ko on birds but defenitly mages but i soloed anubis when he was mid health because everyone died and waited to respawn if i died for incase i did killed it

clvv
01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
with red blue pot and like several dozen health pots a bear can do the witch, with in 5 min.

Pharcyde
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
pharcyde was that our group that we had with lone? BTW y wont u add me :(

Nope :) We all potted in lones group, this was with a group that refused to pot. Also sorry I'll add you now, I don't check friends list anymore, considering 99.9% of it is people I won't ever play with.

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM
lol thx :)

Riccits
01-12-2011, 03:59 AM
we coudnt boot some troll called COCAKILLER!!! so we made it in 4....

BeardedBear
01-12-2011, 09:19 AM
I hopped on last night for the first time in ages and was able to join a friend on the last cave level. The final boss was weaker than the mini bosses in every little cluster of mobs.

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I hopped on last night for the first time in ages and was able to join a friend on the last cave level. The final boss was weaker than the mini bosses in every little cluster of mobs.

Yep yep yep. I was all ready to pot up after the whole witch fiasco, but turned out he died in a few seconds -- didn't really do much of anything.
Have you tried starting from cave 1 and playing all the way through to cave 5?

BeardedBear
01-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Yep yep yep. I was all ready to pot up after the whole witch fiasco, but turned out he died in a few seconds -- didn't really do much of anything.
Have you tried starting from cave 1 and playing all the way through to cave 5?

I haven't. I'll give it a try tonight. I'm guessing it's the same thing though, just different bosses per level. It was nice to see some new items. Would have liked to see different designs however. Seems like my cyber shart quests were all in vain.

ballersburden
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Seems like my cyber shart quests were all in vain.

Cyber Shart?

Is that like a computer poop fart?