PDA

View Full Version : Glacian vs HJ

Gesaffelstein
07-18-2014, 04:32 AM
I'd like to know your opinions about Glacian vs HJ.
The toon I will be using is a level 15 rogue.

Xeusx
07-18-2014, 06:24 AM
Glacian.

Arrowz
07-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Tbh its a personal preference, glacian gives 3 more crit and its passive rather than being part of the arcane ability, and his AA gives 10 percent armor but thats only like 50 armor, also he has a much longer cd than hj i believe its 40 seconds and hammerjaw is 22 seconds. But hammerjaw has the passive dmg which is strong in tdm. As of now i think glacian is slightly better but if sts ever fixes the roge pet dmg % which i think they are planning too then that would make hammerjaw better. Either one will be excellent and make u a lot stronger

Kakashis
07-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Dova bear. I'm serious.

SacredKnight
07-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Dova bear. I'm serious.

Really? Dovabear....

Soundlesskill
07-18-2014, 10:08 PM
HJ is overall better for rouges bevause it gives the dmg and crit to help you out.

Glacian is overall better for supports because it gives a crazy HP boost.

HJ - Rouges

Samael - Mages

Glacian - Tanks
:p

Plus if you ever run timed 2 HJ's will be secure for the buff for the entire run if you time it..

Arrowz
07-21-2014, 09:18 AM
HJ is overall better for rouges bevause it gives the dmg and crit to help you out.

Glacian is overall better for supports because it gives a crazy HP boost.

HJ - Rouges

Samael - Mages

Glacian - Tanks
:p

Plus if you ever run timed 2 HJ's will be secure for the buff for the entire run if you time it..

Number one: glacian and hj give pretty much same health once both AA's are activated.
Number two: hes talking about pvp not pve so timed runs are irrelevant

Soundlesskill
07-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Number one: glacian and hj give pretty much same health once both AA's are activated.
Number two: hes talking about pvp not pve so timed runs are irrelevant

HJ gives crit, crit wins game on rouge. But Singe is etter for rouge anyway.

Xeusx
07-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Actually Singe don't have crit, only damage. So the important happiness bonus is the primary stat and the STR, DEX, and INT.

Arrowz
07-21-2014, 09:50 AM
I dont see the point ur trying to make given that glacian gives more crit than hj

Soundlesskill
07-22-2014, 03:46 AM
I dont see the point ur trying to make given that glacian gives more crit than hj

Lmao, it's called personaly preference.

alexdroog
07-22-2014, 05:04 AM
Lvl 15 - who crits 1st wins.
Glacian would be my choice.

grzena1982
07-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Samael - all classes - he is a god of all pets. If u disagree u dont own one or sam that u own is not 41lvl.

Hammerjaw - fits rogue and mage the best. Awesome cooldown! High dmg output and crit.

Glacian - IMO is only good for worriors, but only if u want to tank even more. I get about 3.7k armor with bulwark proc and other buffs, otherwise hammerjaw is a better choice. Glacian arcane buff is almost unnoticeable for mage and rogue, unless u run with daggers and have high armor in range of 2k.

Someone has brought up dovabear earlier. If that pet had different arcane ability it would be insane indeed. ^_^

You also need to understand that it all depends on ur basic stats. If u have only 400dmg u may preffer flat 10% ctit rather than 40dmg and 5%ctit. Yet, if ur dmg output is 800 u get insane 80dmg extra and 5‰ctit instead of flat 10%crit.

Therefore, Glacian may be preferable by players with average stats.

Arrowz
07-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Samael - all classes - he is a god of all pets. If u disagree u dont own one or sam that u own is not 41lvl.

Hammerjaw - fits rogue and mage the best. Awesome cooldown! High dmg output and crit.

Glacian - IMO is only good for worriors, but only if u want to tank even more. I get about 3.7k armor with bulwark proc and other buffs, otherwise hammerjaw is a better choice. Glacian arcane buff is almost unnoticeable for mage and rogue, unless u run with daggers and have high armor in range of 2k.

Someone has brought up dovabear earlier. If that pet had different arcane ability it would be insane indeed. ^_^

You also need to understand that it all depends on ur basic stats. If u have only 400dmg u may preffer flat 10% ctit rather than 40dmg and 5%ctit. Yet, if ur dmg output is 800 u get insane 80dmg extra and 5‰ctit instead of flat 10%crit.

Therefore, Glacian may be preferable by players with average stats.

What part of lvl 15 rogue did u misunderstand?

grzena1982
07-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Its silly to assume i was responding directly to you rather than writing in general.

Dex Scene
07-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Glacian is awesome for endgame rogues. For a twink? I dont know. But it still better than Hj

epicrrr
07-22-2014, 11:44 AM
HJ > 5% crit ability about 15 sec CD
Glac >10% crit bonus ability CD is 25 sec

dmg % bonus is non-existent in ctf, but the high CD of hj for ability is enough to soak up crit dmg from glacian.

IMO they are both and on par for rogues.

by tier:

tier 1 arcane pets: HJ, Glacian
tier 2 arcane pets: Singe, Whim
tier 3 arcane pets: Samael, Shady and Surge

But of course you wont VS your entire AL PVP career gawd that;ll be boring. When you find a competitive guild chances are they will talk about combo and synergy for group and guild clashes, during clash does HJ stands out with a 15 sec cd of ability its a good buffer pet.

Overall ill choose HJ anytime, or tier 3 arcane pets :)

Arrowz
07-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Its silly to assume i was responding directly to you rather than writing in general.

I guess u didnt read the OP

Ishtmeet
07-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Really? Dovabear....
If you know, how to use dovabear wisely, it's one of the best pet for a twink. That low panic chance on AA doesnt makes this pet bad like everyone say. This pet got a singe-stats with and awesome mana regen that helps a lot in twink-not talking about endgame.
My personal experience- I've beaten lot of Lvl 10 and Lvl 15 Glacian-Hammerjaw rogues using dovabear. So pet doesnt matters a lot as dovabear got cool passive abilities-10% armour reduction, 10% crit and damage reduction at level 15. That helps a lot during 1v1.

On topic- If it's Lvl 15 rogue, I would suggest you not to waste gold on these arcane pets, as kakashis said, dovabear is the best. And if you really want to buy an arcane pet, close your eyes and go for Glacian.

Konviict
07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
I'd suggest you glacian, why? Because I prefer crit over damage as a rogue twink
Also this pet is a bit tank based, so if u don't want to die fast in wars, this pet is ideal

Thexkid
07-26-2014, 02:42 AM
Glacian. Better mana regen and crit plus a good aa buff. Although hj is cheaper. Price wise dova would give u more bang for your buck. Dova also has great mana regen like glacian and adds more dmg than hj.

Crazymobkiller
08-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Both are amazing pets for rogues.
hj can beat glacian and vice versa depends on the players and their fighting style.

mapenjay
08-03-2014, 08:31 AM
whoever owns dovabear then vs me in level 13, btw im using glacian

100k gold per kill

Ishtmeet
08-05-2014, 12:41 PM
whoever owns dovabear then vs me in level 13, btw im using glacian

100k gold per kill

Whats your IGN? I will kill you using level 12 warrior, I need 100m. So can we fight 1000 times?

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Sirghastly
08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I'd like to know your opinions about Glacian vs HJ.
The toon I will be using is a level 15 rogue.

glacian for rogues at low lvl
HJ for lvl 41 rogues

rogue lvl 15 with glacian, best rogue ever ( with best gear , xD)

Fauksuras
08-11-2014, 01:02 AM
If its PVP Glacian for rogues at any level. The AA gives good armor which is VERY noticeable when you 1 vs 1. A rogue vs rogue match essentially needs the non glacian rogue to crit on all attacks because the Glacian rogue has added armor plus 10 (or 15 don't really remember) % crit, which is more than HJ gives IIRC.

Theres a reason the HJ Rogues in pvp rotate their pets but Glacian rogues never put them away ever.

toxorto
08-11-2014, 01:06 AM
Whats your IGN? I will kill you using level 12 warrior, I need 100m. So can we fight 1000 times?

Looool

UndeadJudge
08-13-2014, 12:37 AM
If its PVP Glacian for rogues at any level. The AA gives good armor which is VERY noticeable when you 1 vs 1. A rogue vs rogue match essentially needs the non glacian rogue to crit on all attacks because the Glacian rogue has added armor plus 10 (or 15 don't really remember) % crit, which is more than HJ gives IIRC.

Theres a reason the HJ Rogues in pvp rotate their pets but Glacian rogues never put them away ever.

But won't the armor debuff from aimed cancel out the glacian buff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ghaith
08-18-2014, 10:44 AM
I guess I have already read a thread before about this topic .... From my outstanding , Hammerjaw gives " 10 all stats , 5% crit " as an arcane ability , however Glacian gives " 12 all stats , 10% armor " , Having a small look at glacian's bonus we can notice it gives 10% crit and hammerjaw gives 10% damage , if you are a pvper rogue then I guess you just need instant kills means you need crit and that's to say Glacian is more for this case ... Hammerjaw stills better for pve rogues especially in elites since you need an increased damage .... All in all and without making a poetry lol , Glacian is better than hammerjaw in all cases ..

Malik Watson-Smith
08-18-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm a HJ rogue lvl 11 twink (Mizzuki) Hj is great in tdm not so great in CTF though I've killed Glacian rogues and I've been killed by them it really depends on your build and play style IMO I would choose glacian because of the armor buff but Hj crit buff is very nice

UndeadJudge
08-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Basically, my opinion is..

Ctf - Glacian

Tdm - Hj.

But to be quite honest, dovabear is about as good as hj, so I'd get glacian and use Dova in Tdm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mapenjay
08-19-2014, 10:14 AM

ign Nichiko
pm me in game